Eyes of the Blood Moon

By Gemmy4

Ella Marin grew up on the small island of Crocket. She recently moved back hoping to escape the troubles in h... More

New Priest in Town
The Son Returns
The Seventh Sunday
Plauge
The Creature of the Woods
Crock Pot Luck
Swimming in the Sky
Addiction
In the Eyes of a Miracle
Night of the Western Sun
Pains of the Past
Shitstorm
Love on Ice
Will the Circle be Unbroken
The Red Means I Love You
Darkness Hides Me
Remember We Are Dust
To Dust We Shall Return
Behind the Scenes
Free Fall
Delicate
Back on Track
Always for Her
Blood Moon Rising
Feeding Frenzy
Morning Glow

Moon Drunk

403 23 2
By Gemmy4

(The photo above is from Picrew.me, I used a template created by someone I unfortunately don't know, but all the credit goes to them. Thanks!)

(Also I just really love this chapter y'all! I got butterflies from my own writing. Literally was sitting on my bed with the stupidest grin on my face for like an hour lol. Anyways, hope you enjoy. Happy Halloween!)

*****

The world was an array of dizzying colours for Ella. The lights flashed white, and gold and red as she felt an on surge of people crowd her.

She couldn't quite tell where she was. The sound was muffled, but she could audibly hear a loud ringing. She didn't know if it was coming from her head, or the outside world but it was getting annoying.

She watched, her eyes burning, as shadows passed over her view, wondering where she was and what had happened.

I'm in Seattle, she thought, On a hospital bed, being rushed to the ER. Ugh, I'm gonna have some explaining to do to my parents. They're not going to be too happy about this.

She watched as the bright hospital lights pass overhead, feeling herself rolling on the stretcher.

How does one explain this? "Sorry pal, I forgot the human body requires nutrition, then I took funny looking pills and now your only daughter is in a hospital bed fighting for her life. How is the family doing by the way?" She laughed to herself in her mind, feeling her brain slip in and out of consciousness. Ah, I'm going to be in so much shit. Unless I don't try to fight. Just pull the cord Doctor. Let this be over with. Am I even on life support?

She watched the blurry faces examen her own. She felt like laughing at everything. It all seemed hilarious. One face came right up close to her, enough that she could make out their features. Though, they looked liked they were blending with each other and it made her laugh again.

Please stop this ringing. It's ruining my mood. It's all too much.

Her breath became rapid and she could feel the pain growing in her stomach and through her body. She kept trying to take in breaths of air, but every gulp she took, she choked back out. She could feel her entire body shutting down, as she desperately tried to suck in the oxygen. But she forgot how.

I-I didn't mean it! Please! Let me breathe! No no no stop! Please stop! I'm scared...

Suddenly it didn't matter anymore. There was no feeling of worry. No pain. No need for air. It was all over.

Not yet.

*****

Ella sat up with a start, her hand clenched around her neck as she took in deep gulps of air. It stayed in this time.

It was dark, where she was. On a small little bed in the corner of a room, with a little window, moonlight streaming in.

She collected her thoughts. No. She wasn't in Seattle. She was on Crocket Island, and she was safe. Or was she?

She looked down at her left arm, searching for the claw marks, but they'd been covered by a fresh bandage.

Her arm wasn't in pain anymore, though it did feel hot to the touch, like she'd just gotten a sunburn.

She stared blankly at the bandage, wrapped tightly around herself. It felt like she'd just awoken from a fever dream. She strained her brain to remember what had happened, but it sent her into a dizzy spell and she feel back down on the pillow.

There was no one around, in this tiny empty room. She was completely alone. She began to wonder if anyone was on the island at all. It was so quiet and so still, it frightened her.

She stared up at the ceiling, staring at it so long it began to twist and distort in her mind, making funny shapes. She didn't have anything to think about, or of. Nor, did she want to. She didn't feel like going back into that dizzying land of her memories.

Just as her eyes closed, and she felt the relief of sleep begin to overtake her mind and body, the overwhelming urge she was being watched came over her.

She snapped open her eyes, believing it to be paranoia, but wanting to make sure, and turned her head towards the moonlit window only to find dark orange eyes staring back at hers. She bolted up in bed, but they'd gone, just as they had the first time she'd seen them.

That was the straw that broke the camels back. She needed answers. She jumped out of bed, feeling her head ache, but kept going anyways. Her vision darkened for a split second from standing up so fast, but she pushed through it, running out the door that was at the foot of the bed.

When she found herself, somewhere she'd never expect. She was standing in the rec centre. It was dark and quiet. Eerily, quiet. She ran over to the doors, ready to push them open, but decided if that thing really was out there, going outside wouldn't be the smartest plan.

She stepped back and thought it over. She was close to the church, and the rectory. She could make a brake for it there, but from what she'd seen in the woods, she knew that thing was faster.

The walls began to feel like they were closing in on her, she kept hearing a whoosh all around her as she spun, looking out every window but finding nothing. The air began to feel heavy, and the windows began to rattle. The darkness seemed to grow darker, taking over her mind.

She felt herself fall to the ground, feeling cold tears, trail down her cheeks. The doors in began to shake, like something was trying to get in. She felt the walls and ceiling come closer, as she sat and stared, terrified, at the doors, waiting for it to brake in and take her.

They burst open, but it wasn't a creature she saw. It was Father Paul.

Suddenly all was calm. All was normal.

He looked at her strangely. She was sitting, on the ground, tears flowing down her cheeks and hyperventilating.

"I was just coming to check on you. W-what happened?" He asked rushing over to help her to her feet.

"Why am I here?" She responded, gasping for air again, feeling the dark remains of her dream creep up on her, as her hand once again shot up to her neck.

"You went into a fit at the festival. Uh the doctor has been taking care of you here. She wanted you somewhere there wasn't too much light, because of what happened," he explained in a soothing voice, holding her in his arms as she let the silent tears flow.

"The light?" Ella stuttered.

"She um. She thinks your wound was infected with something light-sensitive or something. I-I wouldn't know I'm not really an expert," he replied with a small laugh. "The bandage...it came undone, and that's when you blacked out."

She stayed silent, remembering finally.

"Are you alright Ella? You seem pretty shaken up?" Paul asked, rubbing his hand down her back comfortingly.

Ella nodded, "just felt a-a little confused that's all."

He took her chin and pointed her face up at his, his dark, kind eyes staring back into hers.

"You don't have to pretend with me Ella," he said in a soft, kind voice.

Suddenly all the pressure let loose. She couldn't pretend anymore. The tears began to flow harder as she sobbed into his shirt.

She explained it all, through sobs. The dream, the dizzy spell, the eyes, the rattling, and the fear. She finally had to admit to herself, she was scared. This creature seemed to have followed her, and the wound it had inflicted on her.

"I can't pretend like I can handle it anymore," she cried, feeling his warm embrace around her.

"Ella," he whispered gently.

She looked up at him, seeing he to, had a tear falling down his cheek. She'd never seen him like this. He looked so vulnerable. He opened his mouth, about to say something, but he hesitated.

Then his soft hand cupped her face, pulling hers closer to his. His lips met hers, pulling her into a soft kiss. Her stomach filled with butterflies, as she kissed him back. It wasn't rough, or passionate, like some kisses she'd had before. It was gentle and comforting and full of love, like he was telling her he was there. It could've been a second, or a minute, or an eternity. She didn't know. But she did know that she finally felt safe, sitting on the ground of the rec centre, Father Paul holding her, kissing her gently, the two of them surrounded by a flood of moonlight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305 0 33
"I'll just go grab my coat," she whispered leaning into his face as she slid her hand from underneath his. She strutted over to the shadowed coat rac...
Miracles By Animelover

General Fiction

109 11 16
Maria had everything she ever needed. but, one fateful day, she loses it all. her lover, her home, her parents....everything. Broken and torn, she go...
20.1K 591 31
*******COMPLETE******* "Wow, you really are a little monster, aren't you?" His deep voice tilted the words into a thick Southern accent. A famili...