Consistent: Collision (Book 2)

By affoa_

Part 2 of Consistent (read first book) Police sirens rang in his ears, he ran further and further not knowing... More

Missing and Suspicious (chap 1)
Souvenir (chap 2)
Every age has a Scar (chap 3)
Wait, did you say Deku? (chap 4)
Close call (chap 5)
Self destruction and repair (chap 6)
Should I stay or should I go (chap 7)
Knock Knock (chap 8)
Plead Guilty (chap 10)
Let's shake on it (chap 11)
"You corrupt hero" (Chap 12)

Admit. (chap 9)

2.4K 102 538
By affoa_

The morning after was peaceful, all things considering. Iida didn't know how to feel about the situation. Here he was, in the hospital, the morning after the incident, sitting in bed. He tried not to think about what caused him to be tied to medical machines, but that proved to be difficult. He just encountered one of the most dangerous villains of current time, and he had the bright idea to fight him. It backfired, of course, one doesn't just get away unscaved from that. His right arm that was currently in a sling furthered that statement. 

Todoroki had been put in the same room as him. He explained what happened after he left him with Native and Manual. Iida didn't know what to think about the vigilante. He saved his life, yes, but what he was doing was illegal. However, he did just try to kill someone, so he wasn't in the position to judge. If anything, Salvare was a better hero than he was. That was a fact the teen had trouble swallowing.

Currently, Tsukuachi had just arrived at the hospital. He needed to question the two boys on the event. Truthfully, he wished to be on the search, but duty calls, as one says. The room number the detective had to be at was 403- 4th floor, 3rd room from the main staircase. He would never admit it, but he was worried about what he'd find out. They found blood at the scene. Blood that they couldn't identify. 

When he arrived at the door he knocked then entered. The chief of police would be arriving shortly after him. The room was simple. Cream colored walls, white ceiling, light blue medical curtains in between the beds, an overall average hospital room. Todoroki and Iida were sitting upwards with full attention towards the man. Tsukuachi thought he'd might as well start the questioning before the chief came in to explain what would happen next. 

Tsuk- "My name is Detective Naomasa Tsukuachi. I will be questioning you on last night's events. I expect you to tell the truth and nothing but the truth. My quirk allows me to know whether you are lying or not, so please cooperate with me. Now, both of you, state your name's and occupation."

Tsukuachi took a seat and held up his clip board. He was to fill out the sheet he made previous to his visit. He made a habit of organizing a paper before hand to make his life easier, luckily he could use the same format while only changing the questions. Both students looked at each other before nodding.

Iida- "My name is Tenya Iida, and I am a class 1-A student of UA's hero course."

Todo- "Shoto Todoroki. Class 1-A hero course student. UA High school."

Tsuk- "Alrighty then. Iida, we'll start with you considering you were there before Todoroki. Is that alright?"

Iida- "Yes."

Tsuk- "Alright then. When you first arrived at the scene, what did you see?"

Iida- "Native was sat against the wall, bleeding. He looked in pain, tired, and unable to move. Stain was standing above him with his sword raised. Before he could swing it down and kill Native, I attacked first."

Tsukuachi scribbled on his notepad.

Tsuk- "Alright. What happened afterwards?"

Iida- "He dodged. We fought for a bit, but in a few minutes I was on the ground with a sword in my shoulder. When he was about to do the finishing blow... He came."

Tsuk- "Salvare?"

Iida- "Yes... I think so. I don't know what he's supposed to look like but it was a vigilante. He was wearing a mask. I thought he was a hero at first but I was proven wrong right after. He was small, so I thought he was young. I told him to leave but he didn't. He kicked Stain away from me, and guarded me. Stain started to fight with him."

Tsuk- "Can you tell me the state of him? The vigilante I mean."

Iida- "He seemed exhausted. Maybe injured, I couldn't tell from being on the floor. My vision was getting a bit blurred. Oh, Stain had paralyzed me. I don't know how bu-"

Todo- "Blood."

Tsuk- "Pardon? Can you explain that?"

Todo- "If he intakes your blood, he can paralyze you. The duration is dependent of your blood type. O is the shortest."

Tsuk- "How do you know that?"

Todo- "Salvare told me."

Tsuk- "We'll get back to that, then. As for you Iida, you may continue."

Iida- "He was fighting Stain for a few minutes, Salvare was losing. He had to protect both me and Native as Stain was trying to get to us. They began to argue, then, Salvare said something that stopped them bith from fighting."

Tsuk- "Do you know what that was?"

Iida- "Pardon me for how ridiculous this may sound, but if I recall correctly it was 'AllMight is an idiot'"

Tsuk- "Understood. Do you know why that sentence is what caused it?"

Iida- "Well, Stain seemed to Idolize AllMight, saying how he was a true hero. Afterwards Salvare took the upper hand, but after a few seconds he was thrown against the wall. He couldn't move, he was paralyzed like me."

Tsukuachi was as worried as he could be. Luckily, he learned how to control his expressions, no matter what he felt. The people brought in could always take advantage of his mental state to get what they pleased, at least the smart ones could. The ability made things that much easier. It was especially useful in situations like this. A cop couldn't be friends with a vigilante, a criminal. 

Iida- "He started to speak. Stain was adamant on his belief, Salvare seemed annoyed? It went as far as him calling the other an idiot."

Tsuk- "He... what?"

Tsukuachi was so stunned he stopped writing for a second. He should have known better. The vigilante was sassy, rude, and firm on what he believed in. He was stubborn. He could get caught up and was  the type to rile up his opponent purposefully, or in this case, on accident. 

Tsuk- "I'm sorry, continue."

Iida- "Yes, well... They began to argue. Back and forth for a few minutes at least. I didn't hear much of the conversation, but I know that it was mainly Salvare speaking. Stain seemed to be contemplating what he was saying. I had began to move as the quirk effect was over. However, my armor clinked and alerted Stain. Just as he was about to attack, Salvare struck first. He yelled at me to take Native and go, and I did. He protected me as I proceeded to help Native up and walk over to the exit with the best of my abilities. Then I ran into Todoroki."

Tsuk- "Alright, now we'll move onto Todoroki. What happened after you found Iida?"

Todo- "I helped them both to a medical center set up near the road from the attacks. Iida explained the situation on the way, by the time we made it, I headed back to the alley."

Tsuk- "Was there a specific reason?"

Todo- "I wanted to help."

Tsuk- "Help who, exactly?"

Todo- "Salvare."

.

.

.

Aizawa wasn't expecting this to be his day. He was at home, supposed to be doing paperwork necessary for his intern. After watching the sports festival, he decided to take Shinso to work with him. He witnessed how the boy lacked any physical ability and only relied on his quirk, the boy had far too much potential to let waste. 

Today was an independent training day. Aizawa had him take one day to do any kind of training for himself, then by tomorrow morning they'd join up and discuss. Aizawa wanted Shinso to look and see his own issues and weak points for himself. The boy would never learn if he was told. Aizawa didn't have that as a hero in training. He didn't have someone to be there to guide him. He had to learn his limits inside and out in order to improve them and use them. He wanted to give the student the opportunities he never had, without taking away the lessons derived from it. 

Still, today's plan was to make a schedule for his intern, do paper work, search, and patrol. However, said plan was thrown out the window by the teen on his couch, passed out. It was late at night and he was getting ready to start patrol, he had done most of his needed documentation. He had received a text from Tsukuachi about Salvare. The text stated that Salvare had fought Stain and was now on the run. The text was sent half an hour ago, yet he only saw it then. 

To say he was at the door in 1.3 seconds flat is an understatement. The second he saw the key words 'Salvare', 'Stain', 'escaped', and 'injured', he started to dash to the exit. What he wasn't expecting though, was for someone to knock on his door just as he was about to open it. 

He turns the knob, opens the door, and makes direct eye contact with a green headed teenager. Specifically his green headed student. The same one he's been searching for. The same one who's been lying about his identity the entire school year (wasn't much time but still-). Said teenager was at his door, curled into himself as if injured, bleeding, and looked about as ready to pass out as a man on his death bed. Aizawa couldn't hide his shock nor his confusion.

"Midoriya?"

And just like that, the teen was out like a light. 

.

.

.

Tsuk- "So, that was... eventful. Thank you both for your time, your parents have been informed of the situation and are coming over. Now, considering you both used quirks illegally and fought without authorization against Stain, the hero killer, there is a punishment. Vigilantism is a crime."

Todo- "Salvare didn't use a quirk."

Tsuk- "We know, Todoroki. He's been around for over 5 years, and yet no clear sign of one in use, ever. Your situation is different, however. Especially since you both used quirks and don't even have a provisional license."

Todo- "Are we going to jail?"

Tsuk- "That is actually what he is here to talk about."

Tsukuachi pointed to the door of the hospital room, in through it came a man with the head of a dog. The chief of police, Kenji Tsuragamae. 

Tsur- "Hello. Woof. I am Tsuragamae Kenji, the chief of police. We have a deal for you two."

He waited for the two to acknowledge him before continuing.

Tsur- "Luckily, no media or civilian saw you fighting with Stain. Woof, with this information we can alter the perception of what happened. The world can't know UA students went against the law and defeated Stain, let alone with the help of a vigilante. Both your names will be completely kept out of the public report, as will Salvare's."

Todo- "Why not Salvare? He did all the work."

Tsuk- "The world can't have too much faith in vigilantes. If it is shown that Salvare is the one to have taken down Stain, faith in heroes will drop, and people will start to support vigilantism rather than heroism. The government isn't too found of that idea. Even though Salvare does his job completely quirkless, people will look over that fact because of his title. The decision is more of a crowd control solution."

Todo- "I see."

Iida- "If I may ask, who is getting the, well... credit?"

Tsur- "Endeavor will be. Being the 'strongest' hero on scene, as well as the number 2 hero, it seemed fitting. The others present also agreed to this compromise."

It didn't go unnoticed how Todoroki's mood soured at the statement. He flinched ever so slightly. His eyes darkened at the mention of the hero. Tsukuachi was the only one to notice, that, however, was only because of a certain vigilante. Tsukuachi had gotten visibly better at his job after taking on the Salvare case, being able to notice things most wouldn't, was an added bonus of said improvement.

Now, Tsukuachi didn't know why he of all people had that reaction, being Endeavor's son and all. He knew the number 2 hero wasn't exactly a good person, but he'd be different with his family right? Too bad the detective didn't know how different he was, if anything, it wasn't kindness that showed behind the closed doors, but obsession. 

Iida- "Ah, I understand, it makes sense considering he was the strongest hero present."

Tsuk- "If that is all, then we'll be going."

Tsur- "You are not to tell anyone of your involvement, for your, and other's safety. Understand? Woof"

Iida&Todo- "Yes." 

With that both the detective and chief of police left the two boys on their own. A few minutes later and their families were at their door. 

.

.

.

By that same morning Salvare- or Midoriya, had woken up. He was bandaged from head to toe, and covered in a blanket on an unknown couch. He wasn't too fond of waking up in unknown places, but what experience taught him was to not jump up and make enough noise to alert his might-be- kidnapper. Instead, he lightly got up, ignoring the burning pains all over his body, and tried to figure out where he was. 

The room was dark. Lights off, curtains closed, but he could see the speck of light in between the thick fabric on the windows. He sat upwards on the couch, letting his eyes adjust to the darkness. 

Mido's pov (HES BACK BOIS-afo)

The couch was a dark grey, though hard to see considering it was dark. I was laying on a tarp? A clear wrapping, maybe to protect the couch. My ribs hurt, probably broken. Pain from all across my body, either I'm sore or I'm just that injured. Memories started to flood back into my brain. Stain, Endeavor, patrol, my phone... O MY GODDESS MY PHONE! THE RECORDINGS! 

I recorded the entire fight audio and image. That'll be useful, but only if I get out of here. Here as in... a living room?

Seems I'm on the big couch, there's 2 one seaters on opposite sides, a coffee table, and a TV up front. Okay so I'm in someone's house. Who's?

Who did I go to last night? I've never seen this interior, so that takes out a few. I look around some more and find a few picture frames on the wall. Slowly, and painfully, I get up and shimmy my way over. The picture is of a black haired man, holding a white cat. 

Black hair, white scarf, all black clothing, cat... Aizawa. Flipping Aizawa. I'm in Aizawa's house. Injured. If he didn't figure it out by no-

The lights turned on.

"What are you doing up?"

Oh shrimp. I slowly turn my head to face the voice. There he is, Shota Aizawa, EraserHead, Class 1A homeroom teacher, in the flesh, holding the same cat as in the photo in his left arm. 

"Sooooo how was your night?"

Zawa- "Just peachy. Sit your ass back down before I tie you to the couch."

Threat noted. It's safe to say my butt was back on the tarp covered couch.

Mido- "So-"

Zawa- "You know this wasn't how I expected my day to turn out."

Mido- "Me neither, haha..."

Zawa- "Yeah, so, were you thinking, or did you just decide to show up at my doorstep with a foot in the grave."

Mido- "Okay so I know how it look? sounds?-"

Zawa- "Oh? Are you talking about bleeding out on my front patio? Being covered in wounds? Showing up in the middle of the night? Having a missing file on your head? Or being a fucking vigilante on the run?"

Mido- "No- wait yes- wait- Vigilante? I'm not a vigilante!"

Zawa- "Oh yeah? So you just happened to be injured the exact way Salvare was described at the SAME time he 'disappeared' from he scene of the crime."

Mido- "Okay- I see where you're coming from, but would it really make sense for me to be a vigilante?"

Zawa- "We know you're Deku."

Consider myself frozen. I was obviously caught, but what do I do now? I can't just admit to being one, despite him already knowing. I know he isn't an idiot and would have figured it out but it doesn't make me happy about the situation. I could just come clean and hope to the goddess above that I won't get arrested, because living in hiding for years is NOT fun. I can continue to lie but now that the whole vigilante card was slid on the table soon enough Tsukuachi is gonna be here in 10 minutes flat asking questions I can't get out of. 

Zawa- "Hawks was especially helpful with finding that out. Who knew the bird had so much information about child facilities underground. You getting called Deku by Shigaraki was helpful. John didn't say anything, don't worry about that. However, he's still in prison, despite obvious evidence stating he's innocent."

Mido- "What are you getting at?"

Zawa- "I thought you'd like to know the situation? What? Don't like it?"

I was sat straight up against the sofa. My whole body was injured, there was no way I could escape Aizawa. I could with my quirk, but who knows what'll happen to my body. I'll leave it as a last minute resort, that hopefully we won't come to. 

Mido- "Aizawa-"

Zawa- "No nicknames? Insults? You disappeared for days and this isn't even the first time it happened! Then you come back after being gone, completely covered head to toe in blood and wounds!"

Oh, so he's mad, worried? Maybe? I can't respond to that. 

Zawa- "Your class is worried for you. Tsukuachi is losing it, and Hawks hasn't slept. The information you handed over isn't something you can just drop off without explaining."

Mido- "I couldn't stay."

I slipped up. That wasn't the thing to say.

Zawa- "AS IF! At least you're admitting to being Salvare now. You don't even look confused, just threatened."

What do I do now? I can't leave, I need help, but I can't stay. I don't want to go, I ignore it, but it's true. I like it here. I don't want to keep playing this game of who can catch who first. What's more important. Forcing them to choose between Salvare or Akano or even Izuku. They know. They know I'm Deku, they know my past, they know, but just how much? Do they know how I escaped? My relationship with the villains? 

Do they trust me?

Zawa- "We could have helped. We tried to help. You can't keep doing this. How many times are you going to run away once a problem shows up? You could have died!"

Mido- "But I didn't! I wasn't running away!"

Zawa- "Then what were you doing? You're a child. It's not your job to keep us safe, or to take down the bad guys."

Mido- "It's the only thing I can do! It's my fault!"

Zawa- "What's your fault?"

Mido- "I- no."

Zawa- "No?"

Mido- "No. I'm not telling you."

Zawa- "Fine, but know this, we can't help you if you don't let us."

I turned my head away after that. He sighed before leaving the room. The cat having long been gone from the noise. It was bright, the room was lit up and light, so... so why did it feel so dark?

Why did it feel like I did something wrong?

___________________

I'm SO SORRY for ths last chapter and it being so bad like omg

I might just write the enxt one after homework so I can have it on time for next week

plus this one was so bad

I got off track a bit but it made sense for them to argue

anywhosawhatsit

hope you enjoyed, tell me your thoughts

more dadzawa drama next chapter whoooo

TOOTLES BB

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 49.5K 38
꒰ ❛ A STRONG QUIRK CAN LEAD TO MORE BAD THAN GOOD. ❜ ꒱ ೃ⁀➷ 𝐁𝐍𝐇𝐀 𝐯𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫. 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘥 Started: 1st of Fe...
735K 27.8K 43
Everyone said he was untamable and not human like! His mother couldn't handle the pressure of a son that had such a unique quirk and gave him up. No...
446K 15.1K 51
Both of Izuku's parents abandon him and he's forced to go to an abusive orphanage. What happens when he gets adopted by criminals just to escape duri...
79.2K 2.9K 15
Aizawa's day was perfectly normal, hating his coworkers and tired as hell. But it all went off the rails when he found himself as... a cat? or After...