Battlefield 2042

By Leomantic

In the year 2042, Climate Change has left 1,2 billion people without a home. They are called 'No-Pats.' They... More

The World of 2042
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

The Team

226 5 1
By Leomantic

Kimble "Irish" Graves

Place  of Birth: New York, USA

DOB: 04.01.1988  (54)

Commander of the specialists, former US Marine and a natural-born leader. He learned the most important life lessons from his uncle: Have no doubts. He used to be part of the elite Tombstone Squad until an important mission in 2020. It prevented WW3 between China and America, but also cost the lives of many good people. Irish drowned his sorrow in alcohol, was fired from the Marine Cops and lost his family. Only Recker, his closest friend, brought him back on the right part. In 2040, he adopted the young orphan Omar as his son. Irish knows the cost of war and has now dedicated his life to the protection of those who cannot fight for themselves: The No-Pats.

James Taylor

Place of Birth: London, UK

DOB: 03.01.2004 (38)

A political ideologist and Humanist. The former Royal Marine in his late 30s joined the No-Pats and Irishs' Task Force simply because he wants to do the right thing and is never one to just stand by when injustice happens, especially if the fate of the world is at stake. Like his commanding officer, he cares for his fellow team mates and wants to protect innocent civilians. But is he truly ready to sacrifice his own life for the cause?

He is the Main Protagonist of this story.

Webster Mckay

Place of Birth: Cold Lake, Canada

DOB: 27.04.2006 (36)

Mckays father was an officer and the two of them were very close. He joined the army at the age of 18 and proved himself a skilled Survivalist. He even got into the  elite Joint Task Force 2 and fought terrorist organizations. When his father suddenly died, he left the army and cut all ties with his old life before ending up as a mountain guide in Peru. For seven years he tried to ignore the world and it's problems until he realized that he couldn't run away or hide from it.

Maria Falck

Place of Birth: Cologne, Germany

DOB: 20.04.1986 (56)

Maria already has six years of medical experience, serving in the German Army in North Africa and the Middle East. Despite her medals and achievements, she left the army to finish her studies and became a surgeon in Cologne. Always wanting to have children, she bore a son with the help of IVF. But when Germany collapsed, so did her happy family life. Her son joined the local militia but soon deserted, joining the No-Pats. Maria followed him and is determined to bring him back home.

Pyotr "Boris" Guskovsky

Place of Birth: Omsk, Russia

DOB: 20.06.1990 (52)

After the collapse of the Soviet Union, ordinary people like the Guskovskys had a hard time to survive. Boris sought to escape that life and wanted to join the Air Force, but was rejected because of his color blindness. So he joined the pioneers instead. His unit was disbanded after a mutiny and he turned into a criminal, smuggling weapons to Africa. After a deal went sour, he fled and disappeared between the millions of other No-Pats.

Wikus "Casper" van Daele

Place of Birth: Kapstadt, South Africa

DOB: 05.03.2017 (35)

Despite being a scared and weak child, Wikus got the help he needed and turned into a strong and patient man. He later joined the UN-Peacekeeping operation in the Kongo where he proved himself a skilled marksman. When his entire family died in a sea quake, he isolated himself and put all his efforts on his work to distract himself. His life was completely turned upside down when he reported corruption within his unit. When the accused officer ended up dead, Wikus was the only suspect. He fled to avoid a court martial, but still hopes to return home one day.

Navin Rao

Place of Birth: Mumbai, India

DOB: 14.09.2013 (29)

Being bed bound from an early age due to Leukemia, Rao became an expert in hacking and programming. The former MARCOS member is the tech specialist of the team and probably one of the best hackers in the world. Confident, funny and cool under pressure but not much of a fighter due to medical concerns. Rao joined the No-Pats after he was dishonorable discharged following a failed mission that resulted in the death of many innocent. He is very compassionate and wants to help the millions of No-Pats around the world.

Santiago "Dozer" Espinoza

Place of Birth: Chihuahua, Mexico

DOB: 08.10.2014 (28)

The stereotypical gentle giant. Dozer was the child of illegal immigrants working in the United States and served in their Armed Forces to become a citizen. The US thanked his service by deported him back to his home country. Moving to Costa Rica, worked as a gunsmith and lived happily with his wife and two children. But due to the collapse of the government and US interventions, he joined the No-Pats after getting his family to safety. Due to his former profession, Dozer is responsible for the teams armory.

Emma "Sundance" Rosier // Non-Binary

Place of Birth: Paris, France

DOB: 28.02.2011 (31)

In 2014, a nuclear bomb was detonated in the middle of Paris at the EURONEXT Stock Exchange. 80.000 people were killed instantly, including Emma's parents and they ended up in an orphanage. Emma always had trouble with their identity as well as other children. It was no wonder then that they ended up as an Enforcer for Le Milieu, the french Mafia. Emma was very good at their job, until they discovered that Le Milieu was smuggling innocent refugees. After killing their comrades and fleeing, they found a new home among the french paratroopers. But Emma had to flee that life too.

Constantin "Angel" Anghel

Place of Birth: Ploiesti, Romania

DOB: 18.07.2005 (37)

The eccentric and carefree mechanic worked at his fathers auto-repair workshop before joining the Romanian navy. Got the nickname "Angel" after he survived a crash with his self made plane. When his home town was evacuated by the government, his father was the only one that stayed behind. His ship was sunk by Oz's people and he was rescued by the Exodus.

Jl-Soo Paik

Place of Birth: Gwangju, South-Korea

BOW: 17.10.2017 (25)

Like her parents and grand-parents, Jl-Soo joined the Korean army at a young age. She is an expert in covert infiltration and has already pulled of a number of dangerous stunts. She even played for South Korea in the Olympics. Although Jl-Soo has a huge ego and is very competitive, the skills she brings into the team balance that out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 2.1K 33
Sixteen years ago, my sisters and I moved from France to the United States to live the American dream. Not long after, I met Declan, a marine who was...
2.9K 8 29
all female schoolships & no pat schoolships & their us command fleet are on break from sensha-do sport. suddenly entire fleet got warped into another...
407 28 11
The year is 2052. Life for some seems to be fairly normal while others strongly disagree. While the world seems to not have changed at all in the pa...
115K 2.8K 15
You are a young man who his entire life lived in America. You have always been smart and been ahead of everyone in your class. You lived alone with y...