The Life of an (Extra) Ordina...

By Winter_JS

Athena Sharma is a 20-year-old girl who has a lot of expectations in her life. As a woman who reads a lot of... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 2

10 3 0
By Winter_JS

"Well, I have finished arranging the first rack. What about you?" Dave asked me while towering me beside the first rack where I was arranging the books. I feel small whenever I stand near him. Well, is not like I am short, he just grew a bit taller. I know it's the same meaning. What I can do for being this short. I'm 156 cm and he is just 182 cm. God, I hate standing beside him.  Dave is not like other guys. He likes to work out but he doesn't like to eat healthy foods. He likes shopping but I hate shopping. Yeah, we are vise versa in this matter. He always takes care of me like a brother. I still remember when Dave punch Mathew's face (high school bully) when he tries to bully me. I love Dave for always taking care of me. Even though he is tall and muscular with his jet black hair, he is still the cute little boy who loves to play hide and seek with me.

"Again? Why are you always daydreaming Hena? When are you going to stop this?"

I frown at him. " What you expect me? I'm exhausted. We skipped the last class to arrange the books and I haven't taken my lunch yet. My mom hasn't called me so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stay another day at your place. Plus, it's just us cleaning the library. Where the hell are that twins?" I don't even remember what I said.

"Woah, calm down woman. I think you are hungry right now thats why you are acting like this. Let me get something for you to eat from the cafe. Okay? chill. Everything gonna be just fine" Dave gave me a tight smile and gave me a short hug before leaving me in the library.

I was arranging the book according to the call numbers when I heard someone open the middle door of the library. The library was pretty big with all the facilities that students need. The first section contains computers and printing facilities. The second section is the big section of all. This is where all the shelves are placed according to the course subjects. And the third section contains tables, chairs, and also Mr.Erikson's office.

I thought it was Dave who came from the cafe. But the cafe is pretty far from the library. I raised my head to see who was it, and my eyes widened when I saw the twins. Even though I have seen twins before, these guys are a bit different, to be honest.

They both looked flawless. They were just like the characters in any book. Tall, handsome, well built body for an early 20 and charming. They have golden blond hair, long eyelashes, nice jawlines, long legs. They have every aspect to become the Kelvin Clein models. One of the twins saw me catching a glance at them. I try to avoid them when one of them waves at me. I didn't know what to do so I smiled at them and avert my gaze. He must've thought I was drooling over him but I wasn't. Right?

Seeing them brings back my memories of the morning's incident.

Earlier on that day...

Dave and I were walking to the cafe after we finished our 2 1/2 hour class. It was kinda boring though. I asked Dave to take the notes because I was busy texting my father asking about his day. My father, Ajay Sharma works in New York as the managing director of a magazine company. So, he only comes back home for the holidays. I miss him so badly.

So back to the story, when we pass the library, Dave said he needs to find Walter Cronkite's autobiography book. He is one of the well-known journalists and Dave admired him a lot. As I said yes, we enter the library. 

This was the moment when we first saw the twins. I have never seen them before. They might be some new transfer students. They were sitting in the resting area where students and lecturers can read newspapers and magazines. Some girls were gossiping about them, it was very clear that they were talking about the twins because they were literally eye-raping them.  I know they are handsome like some kind of Greek Gods but this is too much. The twins didn't even look at them because they might be used to this kind of thing. Their Rolex watch and branded clothes show that they are super-duper rich. 

We walk past them and I greeted Mrs. Parker who is the librarian. She always has the sweetest smile on her and trust me she is the mother figure of our university. Dave asked her about the book and went to the journalism section. I was talking to Mrs. Parker when one of the twins stand beside me in front of the librarian desk. Mrs. Peter and I looked at him at the same time. He smiled at her and I was looking at the beautiful dimple on his cheek while he smile. Wowww...

He looked at her name on the desk. " Morning Mrs. Parker. I'm new here. May I know where is the business analytic section? I need to find some books". He got some heavenly voice but it is still deep and has some authority in it. Typical man.  He smiled at her again.

" Ohhh, that section" Mrs. Parker typed something on the computer in front of her. "Got it. Let me show you the way darling" she smiled at him. When she stood up from her chair, the telephone on the desk rang. "Athena honey, can you show him the path" I gave her a confused look. How come I know all the sections here. "Don't worry dear. Its two shelves behind the journalism section. You know the history section right" she asked me. The phone keeps ringing. 

"Yes, it's right beside the journalism section".  I said

"Exactly, the business section is three rows behind the history section" saying that she picked up the phone to answer. "Hello, yes..."

Well, now I have to guide this handsome model. I was standing facing Mrs. Parker and the twin turn his body toward me. I turned in his direction. Why do guys need to be this tall? I think he is the same height as Dave maybe a bit taller than him, I guess. I take a step behind because the moment I turned in his direction, I realized that we were standing so close. Plus, I can take a clear look at him. When I looked up at him, he was already looking at me. I saw him looking at me from top to bottom. Is he scanning me or what?

I cleared my throat and he meet my eyes. Wow, someone has ocean blue eyes. " I - uh... Follow me " saying that I turn around to walk. I can sense him smirking at the way I speak. Be BOLD Athena. Show him that you are strong and don't be a weak girl. Am I nervous beside him? Pfft, no way. Athena Sharma won't be afraid or nervous around anyone. 

We reached the business section. I looked at him he open his mouth to speak but I speak first. "You are welcome" and I give him a tight smile. Saying that I turn around to leave. 

"Athena" he call my name and I stopped breathing. My name came different from his mouth and I like it. I stopped walking. "Athena" he called me again. This time I turned around. "Y...Yes," I met his gaze. His blue eyes were so deep that can make anyone drown in them. He walked near me. I can smell his rich cologne. Not that I couldn't smell it in the reception. Its just I can smell only this perfume now and it is so rich."Thank you." he chuckled " but I need a favor. My next class going to start in a while..." he said looking at his Rolex " can you help me find me the "Data Science" book. I need it now" he looked at me with his now pleading eyes.

"Fine, what was the name again" 

" Data Science"

"Okay, let's find it" I gave him a stern look. Am I being rude? Nope, not at all. I'm just being me.

I was searching for the book and I saw him searching too. Minutes pass.

Finally, I found the book. But the problem was it was placed in the highest row. " Found them" I looked at him and he was already looking at me. "The problem is the book is at the top and we both cant get them" I pointed him to the top of the shelf. He looked at the top shelf and look at me and he did like that twice. Seems like he is searching for some ideas

"If I carry you, you can reach the top right?" he was folding his hands and he keeps staring at the top.

"What? No way. Let me find the small ladder. It must have been here somewhere" I take a step forward to search the small ladder. When I was taking my second step, he grabbed my hand. I glared at him and his hand which was placed on my hand. He took off his hand and looked at me apologetically. 

"Look here, Athena. I don't have enough time to search the ladder. Plus, you are also going to be late for your class right?" I looked at my watch and he was right.

I was thinking. I can't leave him just like that because he is handsome. NOOO. Because I'm a kind girl and kind girl will help people in need. "Fine. Just don't drop me and I swear you will regret it if you drop me". "Sure Athena" he smiled and he looked releived. He bent a little bit to carry me. God, I have never been this close to any guy apart from Dave. His grip was so strong but it didn't hurt me and he carried me just like that as if I don't weigh at all. I try not to look at him because I know the moment I look at him I will get distracted. Slowly, he carried me to the top.

When I reach my hand to get the book...

"Found you" Dave came out of nowhere which make both of us lose grip and we both become unstable. And that's it. The twin and I, both fell on the shelf which make the other shelves behind the shelf we stand to fall. The awesome part is that the shelves in the library were arranged in a straight three rows. The middle row was collapsed which was the one we were standing. Luckily there were no students in the middle row and the three shelves in front of us were perfectly fine.

My back hurt from this accident and I felt heavy. Why I have a feeling that something is lying on me. Just then I realized that the twin was lying on me. We both looked at each other. We locked our gazes His eyes are really beautiful. The ocean blue eyes were really mesmerizing. I noticed his eyes were looking at me. There were no emotions. It was just plain. Just as I was scanning his feature, Dave helped him to stand. I stood up on my own. I was holding my aching hand because God knows where I hit it while falling. I looked at the twin he looked perfectly fine. Why? Because he fell on me and I'm the one who got hit by the books and my back is really hurting.

I glared daggers at Dave. "What the hell was it Dave? Don't you have any sense? Looked at the mess you've created."

"What? Me? I wasn't the one who fall on the shelf. It was you guys" He pointed at both of us. The twin looked at me and I looked at him. We say nothing. Students started to gather around us and I saw the other twin. He came toward his brother. They were whispering something.

"Move. It's time for your classes now. Go back. Move" I heard Mr. Erikson's voice from behind. Mrs. Peter was coming from the front. I heard a gasp from her. 

"Athena, are you okay. Are you hurt" She started checking my head and hands. "I'm fine Mrs. Peter. Don't worry about me" I gave her an assuring smile. I looked at Mr.Erikson and he was looking at the fallen books and shelves. I was praying to all the gods not to make my first day of college to become my last day.

It was only me, Dave, the twins, Mrs. Peter and Mr. Erikson. He looked at us. "Wait for me in front of my office. All of you" He pointed at me, Dave, and the twins and walked to his office.

I looked at the mess I've created. I shouldn't have been startled by Dave's voice. If it wasn't me, we wouldn't have fall. The moment I heard Dave's voice, all of a sudden, I became imbalanced which make the twin fall. But I can't take all the credits, right? Dave shouldn't have scared me like that.

We met Mr. Erikson and he ordered us to clean our mess now.

Present time

I heard a knock on the door. I saw Dave waving his hand holding a paper bag from outside of the library. I think it's my food. Seeing the food makes my stomach make some noises. 

I was walking past the twins when one of them called me. "Athena".

. My heart started to race. Why him calling my name makes me nervous? I looked at him "Yes?"

He looked at Dave and then me " After you take your food, can I talk to you for a minute?"

Wait, he wants to talk to me. But why? "Um... Yeah sure" saying that I hurried to Dave. Why does he want to talk to me? Is he going to blame me? Or is he going to apologize to me? Or is he going to make me clean all the stuff while the twins can just leave without doing anything? Well... Let's just see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Shalom guys. Its Winter here. So, how's the second chapter? Did you guys love it?

Please comment and vote for my story guyss... 

Love y'all. Take care ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 8.1K 136
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
5.2M 45.7K 55
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
151K 328 20
just some of my horny thoughts;) men dni
85.4K 2.2K 32
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...