๐—ฌ๐—”๐—ก๐—š๐——๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—˜ โ”€ ๐—ฌ๐—”๐—ก๐—š ๏ฟฝ...

By reysniki

"๐™๐™ง๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฃ๐™ค ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š. ๐™๐™ง๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ. ๐™‰๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™ฃ ๐™š๐™ฎ๐™š๐™จ." โœ” ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฉ๐˜บ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ... More

I. Pull the Strings
II. Appearance
III. Mimic
IV. Cloak
V. The First Move
VI. Ponder
VII. Mask
VIII. Threat
IX. Three Steps Ahead
X. Weird
note + teaser
XI. A Past in the Present
XI.2 - The Missing Piece
XII. Menace
XIII. My Third Life
XIV. Secrets
XV. Connections
XVI. A Lich's Victim
XVII. Set the Date
XVIII. I'm a Little Monster
XIX. Wildcard
XX. The Coven has Eyes and Ears Everywhere
XXI. First to Fall
XXII. How Can I Help?
XXIII. Gloom
XXIV. Doom
XXV. Malevolence
XXVI. Welcome to Horrorland
XXVII. Out of Thin Air
XXVIII. The End of The Beginning
End of Act 1 Note
XXX. Party Crasher
XXXI. Civil War
XXXII. I Know You Miss Me
XXXIII. My Decision
XXXIV. Nightmare on Christmas Eve
XXXV. Seeing Double?
XXXVI. Family Matters
XXXVII. Pass It On
XXXVIII. Reunion
XXXIX. I Got The Feels
XL. Somebody Once Told Me
XLI. Do You Know?
XLII. The Way I See It
XLIII. Yet to Meet
XLIV. Yet Again
XLV. Heart Ache
XLVI. Brewing Storm
XLVII. Do We Have a Deal?
XLVIII. I'll Take Care Of This
XLIX. Let the Games Begin
L. Familiar Names
LI. Old Faces, New Names
LII. The Legion
LIII. Did You Miss Me?

XXIX. Playlist

2.9K 210 272
By reysniki

-

Check that money-making bank account number (yikes)

That's that shit that's never getting bounced on ya

Bitch, I do the money dance, I just made a hundred bands

When the store says "Sign for it, " I'ma leave my autograph

With hands filled with paper bag strings, Sunoo walks out of a retail store inside the mall. With his newly purchased clothes and the gift he bought for his friend, Sunoo went on his way to find Niki.

Earlier today, Niki picked Sunoo up from his apartment - both of them wanted to go to the mall, but for different reasons.

"Where is that boy? Didn't he say we'd meet here?" Sunoo uttered. They arrived at the mall at 1 pm - and agreed they'll meet up again by 2.

While waiting a bit more, Sunoo decided to check the items he had bought once more. A jacket, a polo, a pair of pants, 2 pairs of new shoes and a belt to complete the look. Each item had its own paper bag - you can say that Sunoo spent quite a lot on this.

It's almost as if he was the one with the birthday.

He checked one more bag. The bag contains another pair of shoes - but this time he had bought for his most favorite hyung.

He smiled, thinking that the birthday boy will surely love the gift.

Sunoo then checked the time and sees that it is already 2:05. Being the impatient person he is, he tapped his foot repeatedly. Punctuality and orderliness are traits that he had learned to uphold now that he is in college - and those traits are emphasized even further by the fact that he is a law student.

Lawyers are needed to be punctual in the court - thus Sunoo carries this practice over to his personal life.

Finally, after 6 minutes of waiting - or 6 hours in Sunoo time - Niki arrived at the meet-up place.

"Where were you?? You know I don't like-"

"Yeah yeah you don't like being late. Chill, we have plenty of time to get to the party. I'm pretty sure Heeseung hyung has only just received the message from Jake hyung that there's 'an emergency'". Niki answered calmly.

Niki smiled at Sunoo. The older's little tantrums and panics were very funny and cute.

"You still haven't answered my question." Sunoo said once more.

"What, are you examining me or something? Asking me questions like we're in a court?" Niki chuckled.

"Yes. Yes, I am." Sunoo responded.

"Well, I was at a coffee shop while waiting for 2 pm, when suddenly-"

Their conversation was interrupted by someone who had tapped Niki's shoulders. Sunoo looked at who that was, and he sees a boy roughly around the same age as them.

"Oh, hello again Dongyun." Niki greeted his friend.

"Who's this?" Sunoo thought and glared.

"Sunoo, this is Dongyun - a fellow trainee of mine. Dongyun, this is Sunoo, my-"

"Ahhh you're Sunoo?? It's nice to finally meet you! Niki talks about you a LOT every time he gets the chance." Dongyun smiles and laughs.

Niki joined in on the laughter, while Sunoo regrets his initial reaction to Dongyun.

"Well, it was nice to meet you Sunoo-ssi. I have to get going now. Niki, I'll see you in practice." Dongyun said goodbye.

Niki waved goodbye, and so did Sunoo - but the older did it in a more reserved manner.

Shortly after the friend had left, Sunoo had begun walking. Niki walked quickly to catch up with him - Niki in laughter and smiles.

"Were you...you know...the J word?" Niki laughed. He poked and tickled Sunoo's waist.

"No, I wasn't." Sunoo replied. He tried his best to hide it, but Niki can see it very clearly.

"Sunoo-ssi, we aren't even together yet. Aren't you getting a little too possessive of me?" Niki laughed and teased the other even more.

"Shut up."

You ain't my boyfriend

And I ain't your boyfriend

But you don't want me to see nobody else

And I don't want you to see nobody

-

-

'Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter

And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"

But you were everything to me

I was beggin' you, "Please don't go"

*DING DONG*

Outside the giant gold gates of the Sim family is Sunghoon. Earlier today, Jake had invited Sunghoon to go to Heeseung's surprise party together.

At first, Sunghoon was more than happy to do so, but his expressions changed when he found out that Jake also invited him to get his hair and touch-ups done at the Sim residence.

Sunghoon was more than happy to spend time with his dearest Jake, but the thought of the family home haunts him. The house is fine, in fact, the house was majestic - Sunghoon had seen only a few like it. By few, he means Jay's home.

But what scared the figure skater were the ones who own the home - Jake's parents.

The speaker right on the door phone suddenly made a sound. The beep was followed by the voice of a woman - a maid.

"Who is this?" the woman spoke.

"Hi, uhmm, I'm Jake's friend." Sunghoon replied instantly.

"Who?"

"Uhh...Sunghoon...Park Sunghoon."

The golden gates suddenly opened and made way for Sunghoon to enter the Sim's abode. As he walked closer towards the giant brown door, he saw one of the many wonders of the home - specifically the giant white fountain that guests see as they enter.

Sunghoon waited in front of the giant mansion door - as nervous as all the times he was anywhere near Jake's parents.

He feared having to face Jake's parents - he wishes not to face them today for he is not yet ready.

The door was then opened by a female adult - yes, the woman Sunghoon did not wish to encounter.

"Park Sunghoon. What brings you here?" Mrs. Sim spoke with a strong yet elegant tone.

"H-Hello Mrs. Sim. Uhmm, I'm here for Jake- I-I mean Jake invited me over. I did not come here in surprise, I-I would not dare intrude your home..." Sunghoon spoke nervously.

"Sunghoon." Mrs. Sim spoke.

Sunghoon trembled a bit, very nervous about what Jake's mother would say. Where is Jake anyway? Sunghoon prayed for Jake to arrive any moment and save him.

"Yes...?" Sunghoon replied with fear and respect.

"It disappoints me that you think of me poorly. I admire your respect for me, but surely there is no need for you to apologize for showing up on my door." Mrs. Sim said.

Sunghoon let out a breath of relief, he thought that she was going to speak about his relationship with Jake, but it seems that that was not the topic.

Or was it?

"Sunghoon, you are close friends with my son, yes?"

"Uhmm...yes, we are quite close...why do you ask?"

"Just a few days ago, I had the maids clean my only son's bedroom. Jake rarely has time to clean by himself because of...distractions. Like academics, and a certain person perhaps. Although that is only my speculation."

Sunghoon suddenly felt nervous again. Mrs. Sim's words sent a wave of panic up Sunghoon's spine.

"The maids found a bunch of love letters inside his drawer. They thought it would be fun to read my son's letters - thinking that it will make them feel romantic excitement. Luckily I saw them, and I scolded them of course for going through the container of Jake's personal possessions. but do you know what I saw on those notes?"

"N-no. What..did you see Mrs. Sim?"

"I saw initials on the envelope. P. S. H."

Sunghoon gulped. He thinks that he is a doomed man.

"Is there a girl among your friends with these initials? Or perhaps...a boy?" 

"I guess there is a girl with those initials ma'am." Sunghoon decided to lie.

Mrs. Sim held her chin high and looked at the boy with unfazed eyes.

"Park Sunghoon, do you take me for a fool?"

Just when Sunghoon was about to speak again, the knight in denim came to save the day.

"Mother? Sunghoon? What are you talking about?"

"Sunghoon here tells me that a girl has been sending you love letters. I did not know you had a girlfriend. I would very much like to meet this girl - if she is a competent partner for you." Mrs. Sim replied

Sunghoon looked down - at the floor, not saying anything and not making any eye contact with Jake nor his mom.

"When I meet this girlfriend of yours, ensure me that she is not a failure."

"Mother please..." Jake spoke. He can clearly hear her emphasise the words 'girl' and 'she'. And he can clearly see that Sunghoon is becoming gloomy.

"I expect nothing less than success. The Sim name shall always be-"

"Not now mother. Sunghoon and I are running late." Jake said as he holds Sunghoon's wrist. He is surely not embarrassed to show skinship with Sunghoon in front of his mother. Jake believes that if his mother truly loves him, she should learn how to accept him and Sunghoon.

The Sims expect nothing less than success, but Jake expects nothing less than acceptance.

Jake pulls Sunghoon with him as they head for one of the many cars parked outside the front yard. As Sunghoon entered the car with his head down, Mrs. Sim looks at the skater. And then she pans her head to the left to look at Jake.

She looks at them with a hint of disappointment.

"You okay?" Jake asked Sunghoon as he pats Sunghoon's back, assuring that he is always right beside him no matter what.

"The old me would say 'do I look okay??'. But I don't want to say that. I don't want to fight you, we both share the same problem, we should be in this together." Sunghoon said, trying to smile.

"Mother is uhm...confusing. Sometimes she says things that are different from what she really means."

"'Sometimes'. I hope that this time is a sometime."

"Me too. But whatever happens, we'll face it together. If they love me, they'll have to learn to love you too."

Romeo, save me, they're tryna tell me how to feel

This love is difficult, but it's real

Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess

It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"

-

I don't like your little games

Don't like your tilted stage

The role you made me play of the fool

No, I don't like you

At the comfort of his own house, Jay was doing his exercises. Yes, Jay now has his own house - but he treats it more like a hideout since it's quite small, plus it's by the beach - a few kilometers away from the city.

He doesn't live there though, he still lives with his mom and dad at their home, Jay just has this small house that he treats as a resting place when he wants to be alone.

And well, he wants to be alone quite often.

Things have changed.

Sunoo, Niki, Jake, Sunghoon, and Heeseung have changed.

Minji has changed.

Jay changed.

Times change.

Since the incident 2 years ago, Jay has never been the same. You can say he became better, you can also say he became worse. The events of that day changed Jay both positively and negatively.

His friends though - are some of the people that think Jay changed negatively.

Though everyone changed because of the incident, Jay changed the most.

Jay was working out - specifically sparring with his punching bag. Jay punched the dummy repeatedly, hitting it with much power.

As he strikes the equipment - he suddenly remembers Katsumi.

She's gone, but the scars she left are still with him - and they haven't healed.

The price he paid - his and his friends' safety - the price he paid for petty love have never stopped haunting him.

As he lets his anger out through his punches - he imagines the face of the demonic girl on the punching bag. That angered him even more - like dumping fuel on a forest fire.

He punched, and he punched and punched.

Until he had enough.

He pulled out a gun from the back of his pocket and shot the punching bag - shooting the place where the 'face of Katsumi' is.

"AGHHHHHH!!!!"

I'm sorry

But the old Jay can't come to the phone right now

Why? Oh, 'cause he's dead

-

-

I like me better when I'm with you

I knew from the first time, I'd stay for a long time 'cause

I like me better when

I like me better when I'm with you

"Thank you for the gift, I really really appreciate it." Heeseung said with a warm smile.

The gift was a beautiful matte black watch with hints of the color gold on the numbers and arms of the clock.

"I'm glad you like it. This is to thank you for everything you've done for me, and of course to celebrate your existence." Minji said with a smile back.

She hugged Heeseung - her sinking into his warm embrace, and his heart is in awe.

Heeseung and Minji had developed a quite romantic relationship. Over the past 2 years, Heeseung had slowly become bolder towards showing his feelings. It was only a few months ago that he had admitted he likes her.

She knows and appreciated his admiration, but she told him she needed time - time to think and time to develop feelings for him.

Minji doesn't want to like him just because he likes her. She wants to be able to find reasons to like him - reasons to reciprocate his feelings. And with that, she needs time.

As the two finished hugging, Heeseung's phone received a message. The text was from Jake.

As Heeseung read the message, he furrowed his eyebrows in panic.

"What's wrong??" Minji asked. Of course, she knew what the text was - she and the other boys had planned this. She just needs to play along.

"Jake said that Sunoo and Niki are having a fight." He replied.

"Is that new information? I mean they have petty fights sometimes right?" Minji said as she laughed.

"Nope, this one's different. Jake said Sunoo's causing a scene at a public place."

"But why do you need to be there though?"

"I don't know, that's what I'm thinking too. Maybe Jake can't get them under control."

"Ahh right, coz you're the eldest."

"Yeah, duty calls. Wanna go with me?"

"Sure. I wouldn't want to leave you as you fix their problem on your birthday."

Both of them laughed as they started heading out the door of Heeseung's house.

Heeseung extended his elbow as a gentleman-like gesture to which Minji replied with a lady-like gesture of wrapping her arm around his elbow.

As the two walked, Heeseung can't help but take a look at Minji every now and then. She truly is something special to him - and he can't wait for their relationship to become even more special than it is now.

This year, that is his birthday wish.

Minji could see his eyes looking at her, but she says nothing. She knows that he would be flustered if she interrogates him. As they walked, Minji feels nice and safe holding his arm.

The past 2 years were filled with many challenges. Challenges in their personal life, and challenges in their relationship towards each other.

It wasn't always positive. There were times wherein it was uncomfortable for them to even look at each other - but they found their way to present time - a time wherein their "I can't talk or see you right now" is replaced with "Thank you for being with me."

Heeseung has no idea about the progress he's making, but to Minji - he's making his way to her heart very quickly.

It's way too soon, I know this isn't love

But I need to tell you something

I really, really, really, really, really, really like you

And I want you, do you want me, do you want me, too?

-

-

Jungwon had been gone for 2 years. Nobody knew where he went or when he left.

But why he left was for one simple reason - making sure none of his past disturb him or his friends ever again.

As Jungwon entered the ruins of the Black Rose Academy, he collected all the remnants of scrolls and textbooks he could find hidden deep in the rubble - and burned it all down.

Of course, doing such acts lead to other people seeking him.

He took a deep breath of the fresh air before facing the burning pages. With eyes closed and ears open, he hears footsteps from the distance - multiple footsteps.

As he expected, the Old gods and Katsumi had followers who are now seeking revenge on Jungwon. With that, he sighs.

Oh, the misery

Everybody wants to be my enemy

Spare the sympathy

Everybody wants to be my enemy

-

author's note:

hello again readers! I want to let you all know that this chapter took a really long time bc i had trouble trying to transition from the time skip + bc of school ;-;

but yes, here you gooo! the first chapter for act 2 :)))

credits - Song Lyrics + References used:

Money by Lisa

Boyfriend by Ariana Grande & Social House

Love Story by Taylor Swift

Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift

I Like Me Better by Lauv

I Really Like You by Carly Rae Jepsen

Enemy from 'Arcane'

Jay's scene is referenced from Jinx from Arcane

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 1.6K 44
[COMPLETED] "thank you for being my escape" ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™ž๐™™๐™ค๐™ก ๐™Ÿ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™™๐™ž๐™จ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™จ ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ž๐™™๐™ค๐™ก ๐™—๐™ช๐™จ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ๐™จ, ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ๏ฟฝ...
85.2K 4.1K 26
โ†’ ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—บ ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ผ โ™ก ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ธ ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ด๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ป โ ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜€, ๐—ต๐˜†๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ด. โž ยฉenhapen
21.3K 848 17
"๐˜„๐—ต๐˜† ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚?" ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด: ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐—„ ๐—‚๐—‡๐–ผ๐—…๐—Ž๐–ฝ๐–พ๐—Œ ๐–ผ๐—Ž๐—‹๐—Œ๐–พ ๐—๐—ˆ๐—‹๐–ฝ๐—Œ, ๐–ฝ๐–พ๐–บ๐–ฝ, ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–ป๐—…๐—ˆ๏ฟฝ...
380K 20.1K 43
[โœง.* ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ โœง.*] 'แดกสœแด€แด› แด€ส€แด‡ สแดแดœ ๊œฑแด„แด€ส€แด‡แด… แด๊œฐ?' "แด‡แด แด‡ส€สแด›สœษชษดษข, แด‡๊œฑแด˜แด‡แด„ษชแด€สŸสŸส แด…แด‡แด€แด›สœ." 'แด…แด‡แด€แด›สœ? แด›สœแด€แด›'๊œฑ แดส แดกษช๊œฑสœ แด›สœแดแดœษขสœ.' START: 15.12.2021 END: 2.4.2022 R...