Edens Zero:Echo Through The C...

By demetriusperry

Mother. To some people she's just a myth, something that doesn't exists and is merely just a fairy tale. Howe... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 1

2.4K 49 38
By demetriusperry

"Woah.....so this where people can become an adventurer?"

"So cool!!!!!"

Yuuki and Shiki looked around the guild. Shiki's eye having stars in them while Yuuki's was still blank faced but had a glint of joy in his eyes. Though he quickly put both of his hands on his ears as he was trying to block out everything he was hearing.

"So loud."

"Rebecca! Happy!!!"

"Clarisse!!! We're back!!!"

"We're back!!!!!"

As Rebecca hugged her friend Clarisse, Shiki and Yuuki were just standing in silence since they didn't want to interrupt their chat. While Rebecca and Clarisse spoke, Shiki and Yuuki decided to play patty-cake as they waited.

"So how was Granbell, Rebecca?"

"It was okay, I guess."

"Since nobody's been there for a whole century, I was so worried. Thank goodness you're okay!!!!"

As a stream of tears were flowing from Clarisse's eyes, Rebecca smiled nervously as her friend was overreacting a bit. Soon Rebecca looked towards Shiki and Yuuki, who were still playing patty cake. As she clapped her hands to get their attention, she began to introduce the two boys to Clarisse.

"This is Clarisse. She's the guild's receptionist. Clarisse, the black haired one is Shiki. I met him in Granbell. I guess you could say...he's a castaway."

"Hi! I'm a castaway!!!"

"The red haired one is named Yuuki. He actually just helped us recently after we got into a bit of trouble."

"Nyanmaru......."

As Rebecca was introducing him, Yuuki was seen petting Happy's head. The moment Shiki and himself looked at Clarisse, they saw the girl crying even more.

"Thank goodness you met Rebecca!!!"

"Anyways Clarisse, the truth is I don't know where either of them are from. Can they even register here?"

"Of course they can. I mean, you don't remember where you're from either, Rebecca."

"Oh my, I thought I heard a commotion."

When Yuuki heard someone's voice directed at the group, him and everyone else looked for the source. At the entrance of the guild, Yuuki saw a young girl with long blue hair and a ponytail attached to a ball that levitates next to her head. She wore a sleveeless black skintight suit with green lines and separate sleeves.

"If it isn't the second rate B-Cuber Rebecca and her scruffy cat, Hoppy."

"Labilia......."

"My name is Happy!!!"

"The sound she's giving off....I don't like it."

As Yuuki saw Labilia getting closer to the group. He looked to the side as he saw someone handing out some bottled water. While Yuuki was walking over there to get some, Labilia made it towards Rebecca, Happy, and Shiki.

"Rebecca."

"What do you want?"

"Your videos have been a real bore lately. Maybe you should think about retiring soon."

"No one asked for your opinion!"

As Rebecca was arguing with Labilia, Yuuki was seen with a look of mild annoyance on his face since he could hear all of it. To be honest, this Labilia girl was kind of annoying. Not to mention overconfident. As he was walking back to the group, Yuuki handed Shiki some water too as they had to listen to Labilia's bragging.

"I'm a super famous B-Cuber. I'm so famous, there isn't a soul in the Sakura Cosmos who doesn't know me."

"Never heard of you."

"This is the first time i'm learning your exist and i'm already regretting it so far."

Labilia winced in annoyance when she heard Shiki and Yuuki's response. Though she stopped caring since they're friends with Rebecca. She believes it's safe to assume the two boys were country bumpkins.

"Just keep up the hard work, churning out your boring videos, Rebecca. They make my videos seem that much better. Magnificent, absolutely magnificent. They're so dull that it's actually quite refreshing!"

As Labilia said this and was walking away, tears were escaping Rebecca's eyes as she was infuriated. Before Labilia exited the guild, she felt someone tap her shoulder.

"What is it? If you want to shake my hand it'll co-"

"Sorry but.......could you please shut up? I don't mean to be rude but your laughing is hurting my ears."

When Labilia turned around, she felt something being poured onto her head. As she looked forward, she saw Yuuki pouring his bottle of water over her head with an expressionless look on his face. Plus he wasn't even lying. His hearing was so powerful that running water ,in his ears, sounds like rushing boulders. So hearing anymore of her laughter would've given him a headache.

"If that's the case why did you pour water on me?!"

"It made you be quiet for a moment."

"Not to mention....you made our friend cry."

When Labilia turned around, she saw Shiki grabbing her wrist. Soon Shiki used his Ether Gear to make Labilia float in the air. Seeing the two boys making things worse, Rebecca grabbed the two of them by the back of their clothes and dragged them off, causing Labilia to fall to the ground as a result.

"Cut that out! Let's go!!!"

~A few minutes later~
Rebecca, Happy, Shiki, and Yuuki were all seen eating at a diner. As they were eating, Yuuki was staring at Happy as Shiki was looking at the creatures serving them food.

"I thought a guild would be more friendly. Like the guild's one big happy family."

"Isn't there a manga like that?"

"Well Clarisse is nice, but apart from her, I don't really know anyone else. We're called a guild but everyone is just looking for work. The guild's our ticket for starting our adventure. We're gonna have so much fun!"

"Our adventure...huh?"

As Yuuki was looking at the rest of the group, he heard Rebecca saying online registration was done. Soon two adventurer cards were on the table. The first having Shiki's name, Shiki Granbell, which Rebecca entered the boy's home planet as his last name. Meanwhile, Yuuki looked at his own card. Soon Shiki and Rebecca took a glance at his name.

"Yuuki Eden."

"Nyanmaru, Becky, Shiki....you mentioned going on an adventure, but what exactly are we gonna do?"

"Don't talk with your mouth full!!!! Well...honestly, I hope to have 1 million subscribers. I hate to admit it but Labilia's videos are interesting. I'm sure she puts a lot of effort into them, i'll give her that much."

"I know how to make your videos better than hers, plus this will be the perfect adventure for Yuuki to join too."

Rebecca and even Yuuki's eyes were wide with shock. The red haired boy couldn't believe it. He knew he couldn't find Mother alone, but now he was presented a chance. A chance he might not be able to have again should he decline.

"I mean, no one has ever met her right? Plus we'll get a video of her granting our wishes! Besides, i'm curious why I feel like i've met her."

"I've never thought of it before. Meeting Mother......that will totally make a rad vid!"

"Aye!!!!!!"

As Rebecca and Happy were all aboard for this idea, everyone looked at Yuuki who just nods his head while he was eating some chocolate cake. However, a thought just occured to Rebecca.

"Mother is outside the Sakura Cosmos, right? We'll never get there using my ship."

"So we can't do it?!"

~At the guild~
The members of the guild had a look of unease on their faces. A group of space pirates walked into the building and everyone was on guard. Mostly because of one woman, Elsie Crimson.

As Elsie was walking in the guild, she made her way towards Clarisse. Seeing this, Clarisse couldn't help but be nervous in her presence. When Elsie walked towards her, she showed Clarisse two images. One of Shiki and one of Yuuki.

"I'm looking for these two."

"I....i don't know....."

"Princess....."

"I know. That planet is already dead."

~Meanwhile~
"Let's go!!!!! Let's find Mother!!!!!"

As Rebecca was flying her ship with Happy by her side, Shiki was looking through the windows and admiring the views. That's when Shiki realized something. This was Yuuki's first ride on the ship with him and Rebecca. When he turned around to try and see Yuuki's reaction, he saw him using Rebecca's B-Cube to watch his favorite show.

"Nyan, nyan, Nyanmaru is everyone's friend."

"So that's why he calls Happy that name."

"Hey Rebecca, can I pilot the ship?"

"Oh. I could get some sweet footage from that!!!!!"

"Aye! Total rookie pilots his first ship!"

While Rebecca and Happy were smiling ear to ear, Yuuki and Shiki came to an understanding. They were beginning to see why Rebecca's videos weren't so popular. As Yuuki was listening to them, he said one thing.

"This is gonna end in disaster."

~A few minutes later~

As the group looked towards the sky, they saw a large amount of earth ether crystals falling. While Shiki was shocked from the sight, Yuuki was covering his ears due to how loud their descent was to him. As this happened, Yuuki looked at Rebecca.

"Becky, how can the people on this planet survive in a place like this?"

"Well you see, they built their city underground."

Yuuki and the group finally made it to something resembling an elevator. When they got on it, they began to descend. As they did, Yuuki's eyes lit up a bit as he saw that what Rebecca said true. A whole civilization was right underneath their feet. The moment they got off the elevator, Rebecca saw Shiki run off.

"Wow!!!! There's lots of humans on the ground!!! There's even animals here too!!!!!!! Look out world!!! I'm here too!!!!"

"Yes, yes. That's nice. Let's get going."

As Rebecca got Shiki's attention, she was ready to head to the lab of the professor who fixed Happy. However, she noticed that Yuuki wasn't moving as his gazed was fixed on one thing. With his eyes lighting up with joy, Yuuki ran forward as he hugged the object that caught his attention.

"Nyanmaru!!!!!"

As Yuuki was happily hugging onto the mascot, he felt himself being dragged by the back of his jacket. When he turned around he saw Rebecca dragging him as they had to meet with the professor. As Yuuki looked at the Nyanmaru mascot, he sadly waved goodbye. Though one thing was on his mind.

"Wait a minute. They stopped promoting Nyanmaru long before even I heard of it. What's going on?"

~A few minutes later~
"We made it. This is Professor Weisz's lab!!!! Professor Weisz, are you here?"

As Rebecca and the group made it to the lab, they saw the door opened up. When they entered, Rebecca and Happy were curious as to why the professor wasn't here. Meanwhile, Shiki and Yuuki were exploring the lab. While Shiki found some see-through goggles, Yuuki found a lab coat that was a bit too big for him. However, Yuuki suddenly turned around as he heard the sound of a gun clicking.

"We've got company!!!"

"No one move."

When the group looked at the door, they saw a tall young adult pointing a gun towards them. He had slim build, dark eyes and short blond hair. He has a few bangs brushed to his right and a single earring is worn on his left ear. His outfit consists of a long-sleeved, light-blue coat with an open high collar and dark-colored shoulder pads over a black turtleneck. Soon Rebecca was the first of the group to speak up.

"Who are you?"

"That's what i'd like to know! What are you doing in someone else's house?!"

"I-isn't this the house of Professor Weisz Steiner? He helped fix my friend, Happy, here."

"Aye."

"Weisz Steiner?"

"Wow you're a lot younger than I expected."

"Shiki...there's a problem here. Didn't Rebecca say they knew each other?"

~20,000 years later~
"Did you find anything?"

"Just some corpses, they look pretty old. A man and a woman."

Two astronauts were seen on the surface on what appeared to be a moon. Seeing this, they began to pray to Mother to guide their souls in order to pay respects.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91 5 15
You are following Lucy Heartfelia, and is set out on a quest to find the stolen crown. She sets out on the mission with her guild friends. Who is the...
249 9 10
Renaeè a young girl who have amnesia have troubled remembering her past after she was experimented on as a young girl, she managed to escape and was...
15.1K 640 28
Rebecca, a famous B-cuber and third-year at Eden's Zero High school, admired by everyone. Shiki, a popular volleyball player and a third-year at the...
565 54 13
(Warning: this book talks about bullying, depression, and abuse; you have been warned) Nezumi never had a normal life; since he has an abusive alcoho...