The Hockey Players Sister

By flyergirl0519

"So why did you quit gymnastics?" "None of your business." Leah said, her voice dark. "If you won't tell me... More

Welcome all! A/N
Prologe
New Home, New School, New Team
New Kid on the Block
Hell of a Defensive Player
Red Flags
Can We Be Friends Pretty Girl?
How You Doing Bud?
Can I Get Away From You!?
Even the Memories Still Hurt
Past Comes To Haunt Us All
Don't Mess With My Sister
Grab Your Skates
Welcome to my Humble Abode
The Sweet Sound of Skates
Don't Stand Outside in the Cold
What is he Going Through?
Someone Have a Crush?
I Will Lose This
Oh It's Game Day Baby pt. 1
Oh Its Game Day Baby pt. 2
I Know What He's Thinking
Enough
Apologize and Act Like Nothing Happened
More Than Just Friends
McDonald's
What I'm Not Judging, I Approve
Now I'm Pushing!
It's the Return of the State Champ
Its The Goodbye Of The State Champ
How Would You Know!?
I'll Be there Bud, don't you worry
No Stress
After a Year
A is for Asshole
24 Hours and all Hell Breaks Loose
Finals, Period 1
Finals, Period 2
Finals, Time Out
Finals, Period 3
O.T.

Why So Defensive?

16.2K 248 26
By flyergirl0519

*Wesley's P.O.V*

I stood on the ice my legs feeling as though they couldn't hold my body up anymore. It was another day, another practice and we were working harder than we had all week.

Me and Leo had been running partner drills along with defensive work. I looked over at Leo he was practically panting as we began skating over to the bench.

"Oh my God that was awful." Leo panted out as he grabbed his water bottle on the bench.

Leah who had been sitting on the bench all practice just snorted at his comment as if what we were doing wasn't hard.

"Why don't you get on the ice and do it?" Leo questioned jokingly, "Your gear is in the car."

I raised my eye brows at his comment, she had hockey gear?

I opened my mouth to make a comment but shut it quickly. Ever sense my first day of school I chose to tread carefully around Leah when with other people. I didn't understand how to act around her. At school she was a complete bitch but around the hockey guys at practice she was the nicest person on earth.

"Spend 15 minutes with my coach, then I'll get on the ice." Leah rebuttal

Leo raised his eyebrows in debelife at her comment, who was this coach? God everyday this girl became more of a mystery.

"Yeah, no thank you i'll stay on the ice." Leo responded putting his water bottle back.

"Leo! Wes! Get back to work!" Coach Mark yelled from half way acrossed the ice.

I began to skate away back to work but Jack skated over signaling for me and Leo to stay by the bench.

"I'll take care of them coach!" Jack shouted while winking at me and Leo.

"You distracting my players Elastigirl?" Jack questioned, jokingly raising his eyebrow at Leah.

"I live to serve" Leah said with a shrug.

Jack smiled at her and shook his head,

"God Leah." He said with a slight chuckle before turning towards me and Leo.

"Look we only got 5 minutes left of practice why don't you to just shoot pucks against the board till time runs out, ok?"

I shrugged at his comment, blowing of the last 5 minutes seemed fine by me. It must have been ok with Leo too because before I could even move he was already grabbing pucks to shoot.

"Hey do you need me to take you back to my place after practice?" Jack asked in a hushed voice.

I quickly shook my head no.

"Nah I'll go home, thank you for last night tho."

Jack just nodded his head before going back to his drills.

I skated over and began shooting the pucks against the wall. I watched as Leo slap shot a puck releasing some unspoken anger.

"You good man, you seem stressed?" I asked.

I hadn't known Leo for very long but his mood wasn't unpredictable, unlike his sister, he was easy to read making him an easy person to get along with.

I watched as Leo looked over towards Leah, signaling that Leah was causing him stress I looked over at Leah for a hot second. Her phone began to ring and I looked back toward Leo the grip on his stick tightened, the phone call only causing him more stress.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Leo said turning his attention back towards the puck.

He slap shot the puck so hard I swear it could have broke the glass.

"You know I don't get her man." I said trying to get him to talk about was bugging him.

"She's nice to everyone at the rink, but at school or to me she's mean. It's been a week and I thought she would warm up to me by now."

Leo shrugged his shoulders looking at the clock then at me.

"A. she doesn't know you, and B. she's always like that at school no one knows why not even me so if you figure it out... let me know." Leo said ending the sentence with a sigh.

Something about Leah was clearly bugging him but he couldn't say what. Maybe it was gymnastics, Jack did say she had a nasty fall out with the sport. I opened my mouth to ask but before I could speak the buzzer rang signaling the end of practice. Getting no real awnsers I skated off of the ice and changed in the lockeroom.

                            ****

I left the lockeroom with Leo, a habit I had picked up in this first week. We finished changing about the exact same time meaning we left together.

Exiting the lockeroom Leah walked over to Leo, not saying a word like normal we began exiting the rink. Then Leo came to a sudden stop.

"Shit, I left my water bottle on the bench." Leo stated realizing the lack of a water bottle in his hand.

I looked over at Leah who just rolled her eyes, not irritated but looked like she had places to be.

"Drop your bag, I'll bring it to the car," Leah said, at the same time Leo dropped his bag and began running to the bench, "and hurry up I want to go to the gym!"

Leo just flashed a thumbs up before disappearing around the ice leaving me alone with Leah.

I watch as Leah sighed looking down at the bag. Hockey bags are heavy, even me a hockey player can say that. I didn't want her straining her back to get this bag to her car, I don't know her strength levels.

"Here I'll take it out for you." I said reaching down to grab the bag.

But Leah beat me to it picking the bag up with ease, I looked at her slightly amused. No wonder she was so jacked.

"I don't need your help" she said sternly before walking out of the rink with me following behind her.

"Ok sorry." I said lifting my hands in defense.

Leah just ignored me and made her way to her car. I followed her, if I couldn't carry the bag out for her the least I could do was open the car door.

"You do the entrepreneurship homework?" I asked trying to start conversation.

"Yes." She stated firmly not even looking at me.

"OK what did I do?" I stated not being able to take it anymore, I hate it when people don't like me for no reason, "I just moved here and your giving me the cold shoulder. The team likes me, your brother likes me, so what issue do you have with me." I said opening the car door for her.

She gave me a side-eye as I did, almost telling me to leave. After opening the door I looked in the trunk of her car. Inside sat hockey gear, skates, and a stick that was clearly Leahs. I stared at the gear for a moment before Leah started talking.

"I don't know let's see... I just met you, I have no reason to like you or get to know you. No one knows why you moved here, no one knows who you really are, and that raises red flags. Last time I didn't trust my gut when there were red flags I went through hell so excuse me for being cautious! And the guys, they are your teammates be friends with them all you want, I'm not your teammates so I shouldn't matter."she stated firmly crossed her harms over her chest.

I looked at her in shock, she got defensive real quick. Granted some of Her points were true, she didn't know anything about me and telling her the true reason why I moved would only raise more red flags.

"You are a big part of this team Leah anyone can see it, whether you play hockey or not doesn't matter.  These boys care about you and consider you a teammate. And whether you will admit it or not you do play." I said the last sentence gesturing to her gear in the car.

Leah slammed the door shut giving me a cold look, not saying anything about her hockey gear. At the same time Leo walked up to us.

"What the hell is going on?" He defensively asked, seeing Leah was upset.

"Nothing, get in the car let's go." She told her younger brother not taking her eyes off of me.

I continued to look in her eyes holding out a hand I introduced myself,

"Hi, I'm Wesley. I'm from Marquette and I moved here because my dad got a new job." The same old convincing lie dripping from my mouth.

She looked at me coldly, opening her driver side door still not breaking eye contact.

"Lies." Was all she said before getting in the car and driving away.

I stood there in shock, how the hell did she see through that lie. None of the hockey boys had queastioned the lie. They all believed it. but somehow she noticed it was fake, damn maybe her intuition was that good.

Words: 1470

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

699K 16.1K 41
Kiya's life lacks excitement. However, one day, while she is singing in her dorm bathroom, someone joins in on the other side of the wall. Initially...
2.3M 42.5K 60
"I'd give it all up for you, Avery," Finn urges. His hands are gripping onto my cheeks and I don't know why I'm letting him get so close to me when I...
88.7K 1.3K 70
Luke Crosby love hockey. He doesn't love the fact that everyone thinks that because his last name is Crosby that he must be related to Sidney Crosby...
881K 23.5K 77
She lives her life to the fullest as she is love by everyone in her home, where everyone supports and cheers for her. Some things also somewhat make...