The Forgotten Child

By Little1Writer

"Actually I do. I'm working", I said with no emotion at all. They didn't deserve it. They don't get to know h... More

A/N
Character Listing
Character Aesthetics
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
A/N
FINALE

10

72.8K 2K 687
By Little1Writer

ADOPTED? What the actual fuck?!

"What the fuck Stone? Adopted? No way in hell am I living with you asshole", I said obviously too angry to even breath right.

"Your right, you'll be living with all of us!", He said with a cheerful voice, taking a drink of his whisky, when did he even order that?

"WHAT! Dad?", I asked him staring at him with shock, completely desperate at this point. I couldn't live with them, I can't fucking stand them, and they can't stand me, at least they couldn't stand me when I was younger. I mean he had already backhanded me onto a sidewalk. 

"Sorry Matilda, but I can't take care of you, not anymore", He said with a sad smile.

"TAKE CARE OF ME? I have been taking care of myself since I turned 7 years old, last time I check I was the one taking care of you, and my brothers didn't give two shits what I did unless it had something to do with them.", I said crossing my arms over, stood up now ready to run to the door.

"Thats not true! I have always taken care of you", He said, now in full defense mode.

"Just because you came home high and drunk, you think I can't punish you for it?", He asked. I rolled my eyes and face him fully.

"So you call beating me till I was black and blue, and stabbing me with a knife a punishment?", I asked, sarcasm rolling through. All my brothers whipped their heads to me then back to father.

"You did what", Stone said, in a very low and angry voice. Father looked like he just about pissed himself. He stuttered for a second before coughing and coming back to his senses.

"She's lying! I never hurt her, I promised you that I didn't when you asked", He said quickly, making it quite obviously he was lying.

"Oh really, I have the scars to prove it.", I said with my arms crossed over. It was beginning to become too much and I could feel my chest tightening. No No not here! I managed to grab my bag and walk back into the parking lot. I ran around to Target and sat against the wall, trying to catch my breath. Breathing made it harder and harder to see. Soon enough I was on the floor with my head on my knees.

I could feel my brothers shouting my name but it was getting quieter and quieter. They were walking away from me I think. Suddenly two hands were put on my shoulder making me jump and squeal in shock. I looked up to see Stone staring at me with worry. My brothers were stood behind him. 

I managed to calm myself down enough to push his hands off me and walk to the car. He grabbed my arm gently before pulling me back to look at him.

"What the hell was that", He asked calmy. I shoved him off me and started walking back to the car as they followed me.

"It was a panic attack Stone", Lucian said, with worry seeping into his voice without meaning too. I just rolled my eyes, got my phone out and ordered a Taxi.

"What are you doing?", He asked. I showed him my phone without another word and waited. It had started to rain and I was getting soaking wet. They stood under the umbrella as I stood in the rain.

"You have two days Matilda. Then you are living with us whether you like it or not. You can't live by yourself, your 16 for gods sake with a job and your own apartment. Get your stuff ready.", He said and walked off towards the car. I started to cry at the thought of living with them, seeing the everyday. Lucian and Rome walked off, whilst Ravy patted me on the back. 

Millian stayed behind and stood in the rain with me for a little bit before he went too. I was stood crying in the rain getting soaking wet. This reminded me of the time I was 13. I was late back from school, when I use to bother to go. I was half an hour late as I had asked a question in maths and the teacher didn't get the hint that the bell had gone and that I also needed to be gone by then.

My father was furious, so he made me stand outside for hours in the rain, whilst I cried to be let in. I obviously got a cold and I felt ill for days which only infurated him even more. It made me cry even more now and it soon became obvious I was crying. It didn't matter as they were gone now.

"Are you okay?", I heard a voice ask. I turned around to see my father, with his hands in his pockets shivering. I just glared at him and turned back around. Jesus how long did it take for a Taxi to get here? 

"Fine, you can go", I said coldly, which wasn't really a lie as I was freezing. He sighed for a second, probably debating whether to leave me or not.

"Look I'm sorry alright", He said. I rolled my eyes. 

"For what?", I asked sarcastically. He stood there in silence for a moment.

"For treating you like shit just because you look like your mother", He said. He sounded like he was crying but I didn't turn around. I just stood stone-faced waiting for this stupid Taxi.

"It was wrong. I know it was wrong. But you reminded me of so much pain, your mother was the only woman I ever loved, and when she passed it was like something was ripped from my chest, it was the most pain I have ever felt. It was like it was mocking me when you were born. I put my pain into you and for that I am the worst father ever. I made my sons do it too. They copied me. They realise it was wrong now Matilda. They want you back in their lives and they are willing to put the work in for you to forgive them", He said, he was crying much harder now. I turned around to see him on his knees almost begging me to give them a chance.

I knew what this meant. It meant that they wanted something from me and I had to give it to them or something bad was going to happen and they didn't want bad things to happen. How much do you wanna bet it won't have any effect on me, only them.

The taxi then pulled up and I hopped in. I gave him the address and he raised his eyebrows as if to say "really this dump?". I just stared at him before he set off. I watched my father leave as the car did, he got up slowly and walked to his car waving to me as  he went. I sat back and slumped into the chair.

"Your old man huh?", He asked. I just nodded. It was about twenty minutes before he spoke again.

"Look, I don't know you, but my old man passed when I was 11. I would give anything to have him again. Even spend a day with him. He looks pretty desperate to have you back in his life again.", He said. It was something personal to him and it proved that he really cared about his father, to try and make another daughter and father relationship to work. I just shook my head.

"I just can't.", I said with a knowing sigh. I knew I could never forgive him. I would always be terrified that he would snap at me, scream at me and even hurt me. I would never go through that, I was worth way more than some piece of shit that he can just throw around.

The driver looked at me with a sad smile and we went the rest of the way in silence. I felt the need to say something but refrained myself. He dropped me back home and I have him a tip in which he smiled and winked.

"Have a nice m'lady", He said, and pretended to nod his fake hat in my direction. I giggled and headed up to my apartment. I heard something in Jacobs apartment before my keys could even hit my door. It was constant banging, as if someone had broken in. I opened my door as quietly as possible, grabbed a knife and headed to his apartment.

I hear it from the bedroom. I stood still for a second. No way right? He couldn't be back yet. He was with his family. I slowly walked to the door before busting it open.

I was right.

Jacob was right there ontop of someone, a lady I recognised as a waitress on his shift. He looked at me with shock and horror as the girl just smirked. I felt the tears brimming. I slammed the door shut behind him as he screamed my name.

I ran to my apartment and slammed the door shut and locked it. A few minutes later he was at the door banging on it, beginning me to let him in. I ran to the door and swung it open.

"I am so sorry Matilda, but", He started to say but I cut him off.

"But what Jacob! You were just screwing another woman.", I screamed at him. He sighed with tears in his eyes. All fake.

"I know I know, but things with my family went to shit, and I came here looking for you but I found Mary instead", He said rushing the words, almost forcing them.

"So you thought it would be alright to screw another woman! Look it was only a kiss anyway, it doesn't even matter, we weren't even dating!", I said screaming at him as he slumped his shoulder down. He looked me up and down as if he just realised what I was wearing. He suddenly got very angry.

"You can't talk dressed like that obviously back from a date!", He screamed with his hands waving in the air.

"WHAT! I was having dinner with my FAMILY YOU ASSHOLE! WE ARE THROUGH FOREVER. Don't even talk to me anymore, I'm moving away anyway so we won't be seeing eachother", I said staring at him. No long angry, just hurt. I slammed the door in his face and told him to fuck right off. He did after a few minutes realising that I was being serious. 

I slumped down against the door and started to sob into my hands.

Why do all the men in my life always let me down?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

989K 31.5K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
8.5M 246K 100
Emilia and Lexi were twins but they couldn't be more oppersite if they tried. Emilia was selective mute, she was taught not to speak unless spoken to...
459K 10.3K 32
Melina and her twin brother Max have had anything but an easy life, from dealing with their drug addicted mother and her abusive boyfriend, to trying...
22.9K 486 15
Georgia Alice Monroe The same girl who has been abused until she found her brothers. She has relied on having all of her brothers there for her since...