Royal Pain ~ Slave to the Hig...

By Enchantedlov

The day of the end was the start of the beginning for Violetta Simmons. She just didn't know it yet. The War... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Sequel

Chapter Twenty-Two

16.5K 765 78
By Enchantedlov

I couldn't control my tears as they fell free and trailed down my cheeks. Nothing could have prepared me for the moment I would lay eyes upon my father once again. My emotions were uncontrollable, my heart beating as fast as a hummingbird's wings.

''Dad?'' My voice came out choked and raspy, one of my hands frantically swiping away at my damp face.

My father hadn't noticed me until that moment, his head snapping up in my direction at my voice, as it echoed all around us. His serious expression dissolved as his eyes softened, ''Violetta.''

Everything around me disappeared as I rushed over to him, throwing my arms around his firm body. His scent hadn't changed, it assaulted me and my muscles relaxed in response. I sobbed into his shoulder, soaking his shirt, but he didn't seem to mind.

''I've missed you so much,'' I pulled back, staring into his eyes that reflected my own, ''Mum's missed you so much.''

He stared at me; his eyes frantically searching my face, before he hugged me close once again. His arms were as tight as my own, but I felt no pain, only warmth.

''What's this, Jerry?'' The woman's shrill voice was curious.

Her interest didn't faze me. I was too distracted by the strong feelings of relief and desperation that were assaulting me. My arms were tightening around my father's neck, as if any loss of contact would mean he would disappear again.

''Why are you here, Violetta?'' My father's voice was quiet, meant only for me to hear. It held a note of sadness as well as worry, and tears continued to stream and fall in a response.

I kept silent, not knowing how much to reveal. It would be impossible for me to hide the true reason behind my arrival here. He was my dad after all. There was nothing more I wanted in that moment than for him to whisk me away and rid me of all my worries. We could go back to Mum and live like a happy family again.

''Jerry?'' The woman's voice sliced through our moment once again, annoyance bubbling up inside of me.

Dad pulled away, glancing up at the woman and Aron, ''This is my daughter, Violetta. Violet, these are my partners, Lana and Aron.'' His formal introductions were awkward, and I wanted nothing more than to be left alone with him to catch up.

''Your daughter!? Oh, how amazing!'' Aron exclaimed, rushing towards us and tugging me away from my father, ''Why, aren't you beautiful!'' His loud voice was startling.

I grabbed for my dad's hand, knowing that it was childish to do so, but still seeking the reassurance his touch offered. The empty space left behind due to his departure was less painful now that I knew he was safe. The uncertainty of his whereabouts before was excruciating to experience, my own future feeling more stable in his presence.

He squeezed my hand, ''I'm sure you and your friends could use a good night's sleep. Why don't I show you to some rooms?'' My father's warm gaze travelled over my three companions, their expressions a mixture of confusion and surprise.

''That would be great.'' I spoke, smiling widely.

''No tests?'' Lana's voice was flat, as she still was perched on one of the chairs above the raised platform.

''Not for these four, if Violet trusts her friends, then I believe we should too.'' Dad's face brightened into a smile, wrinkles appearing around his eyes that held many of the positive memories we had shared.

Lana scoffed, standing briskly and leaving the room. I paid little attention to her actions, my thoughts focused on the fact that my father trusted my judgement.

The question circled in my mind: Should I tell him?

''Well, isn't this a fortunate turn of events?'' Aron still stood beside me, his teeth shining in the candlelight, ''A family reunited, how touching!'' He chuckled, took one last look at me, and followed Lana out of the room.

His remarks were formal, a contrast to his excitable nature. I could already see myself liking him, despite his permanently raised voice.

''Right, well you should all follow me. I will show you to some spare rooms and let you settle down.'' Dad tugged me along and I could hear the others begin to follow, ''What brings you here then?''

''We came to join the rebellion.'' Aiden was the first to answer, his voice suspicious.

''As they all do. Could you tell me how you found the camp?'' My dad looked back at Aiden who stood behind me. I was too nervous to make eye contact with any of my friends, keeping my sight downwards, staring at my feet.

''We heard that it was out in the woods, and were travelling for a while before we stumbled across it.'' This wasn't technically a lie, though I felt protective of my father and was ashamed of myself for allowing this to continue.

Dad nodded in response to Aiden's answer, seeming to accept it. He led us through several identical, dark corridors with the same electronic doors leading in different directions. None of us questioned how the rebels had managed to manufacture and use this technology, all grateful for the generosity the turn of events had resulted in.

Eventually, we stopped abruptly outside another of the doors. ''This can be a room for the boys, and you girls can be along the corridor. We have a strict policy in keeping you separate, I'm afraid.'' Dad's smile remained as he motioned towards the door, ''They lock from the inside, and you can trust the others not to intrude.''

Josh stepped through first, Aiden following close behind. ''Thank you very much, sir.'' Josh sounded sincere, though I still refused to meet his eyes.

''You are very welcome, feel free to visit the cafeteria along the hall, I'm sure food is still being served.'' The boys said nothing, and we left them, the door closing firmly.

I wasn't sure how I felt about our separation from them. There was a degree of safety as well as nervousness, as if I wasn't confident in leaving them alone. After all, they were two vampires among the ranks of rebels-in-training. Their unpredictable nature was dangerous to everybody here. I especially felt attached to the rebellion now with my father so involved.

''Your room is a few doors down, I'm sure you will be able to find your way to the cafeteria if you need to.'' We arrived outside another room, ''Come and find me if there are any problems. I must go and speak with Lana and Aron before they cause a scene.'' Dad's hand loosened from around mine as he begun to let go.

Rose seemed to notice that we needed a moment, and so let herself into our room. The door closed behind her, ''This is where you've been all this time?'' My voice was still shaky, the tears beginning to well up in my eyes again.

''Violetta, I will explain to you my reasons when we have more time.'' He ran his fingers through my hair, untangling it as I sniffled, ''Just know that you and your mother never left my thoughts.''

I stared up into his familiar eyes, the many questions flying through my mind died on my lips. Finding that I struggled to speak, I nodded and finally let go of his hand. He kissed my forehead gently before pulling away; leaving me stood alone facing the electronic door.

My shoulders slumped, the previously shed tears dry on my cheeks. The exhaustion was catching up to me, both emotional and physical from the past few days. I breathed deeply, calming myself until I plucked up the courage to face Rose.

The door swung inward and I first spotted Rose perched on one of the twin beds. The room was decorated with neutral colours, with very few items of furniture spread around the room. There was a wardrobe, two beds and a small dressing table with a mirror in the corner, not comparable to the luxury slave quarters in the mansion.

''Care to explain?'' Rose's voice was soft as she patted the space beside her, motioning for me to sit down.

I sighed, moving towards her and taking a seat on the bed, ''I don't know where to start.''

''Is it pure chance that we met your father here?'' She asked, leaning back.

I wasn't sure what she was implying; there was no way that I could have concocted this entire plan. I was simply following the orders of my Master to protect my own life.

''Yeah, I thought he was dead.'' There was no need for me to shield my words, preferring to be blunt with Rose.

''This just keeps getting crazier.'' She rubbed her temples with her fingers, massaging her head, ''Are you going to tell him the truth?''

''I'm not sure.'' I collapsed back onto the bed, facing the ceiling as I felt the muscles in my back tense.

''You have to tell him, Violet.'' She wasn't forceful, stating it matter-of-factly.

''I know that I'll have to, but what will happen to the boys?'' I turned my head towards her.

''Who cares, Violet? They're vampires and it's not going to change. Are you forgetting that you're being forced into this?'' Her expression showed both sympathy and anxiety, begging for me to understand.

I couldn't explain my reasons behind caring for the vampires. She was right to say that we were being controlled and manipulated, though there was an indescribable connection that wouldn't disappear, no matter how much I ignored it.

I swallowed, ''Do you feel forced?''

''Of course! I didn't ask to be a slave and to then be dragged along on a secret mission, did I?'' She smiled at her own words, ''Oh my god, it sounds so ridiculous.'' Her head fell into her hands and I wondered if maybe she had a headache, it wouldn't be surprising.

''What about what the queen said though? Her threats sounded pretty sincere.'' I closed my eyes against the flickering light from the candles, which were beginning to irritate them.

She was silent in response to this, both of us worrying. I didn't care to mention that I felt neither of the boys had seemed too dictating on our little 'mission', as she called it. Despite the occasional demand, we weren't being forced to do horrible things, just those needed for survival. Except for the feeding of course. But still, Aiden hadn't even done that yet.

''Despite that, I doubt your dad is stupid enough to be kept in the dark for long.'' Rose said seriously, her eyes focused on me.

She wasn't wrong. If I knew my father, then he was already undoubtedly cautious of my friends.

Before I could reply, somebody banged forcefully on the door.

-*-*-*-

A/N Hey, thanks for reading! Remember to vote and comment if you enjoyed, I love reading the lovely comments! :D

I hope that this chapter wasn't too boring, I've had a little trouble with ideas recently, but I think I'm getting back on track! Love you guys and the support! <3

~ Edited 10/01/2016 ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.7K 4.5K 26
Book 1 - The Royal Blood Collection The world is filled with infighting and desperation; uncertainty is rife. Humanity hides of a night, fearing the...
12K 411 38
Scarlett violet Morgan is just a regular normal teenage girl well that what she thinks. Scarlett is currently a full time college student. She enjoys...
26K 1.1K 37
"Why me?" "I've been asking myself the same thing since the day I saw you." *** Hope Lancaster had always lived a relatively normal life. School, wor...
392K 14.1K 52
"Have you found her yet?!" a man sitting on chair asks impatiently. "No, my lord," the soldier says bowing his head. "Well what are you doing here th...