Knight Wolf and Little Robin...

By grimreaperbarbie

Batman, Robin, and Knight Wolf... it had been that way for years. That is until Dick Grayson left in the nigh... More

Part One: The Rise
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE, DO NOT SKIP
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Author's Note (Don't Skip)
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 80
Part 2: The Fall
Prologue (5 years ago)
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 2.2

Chapter 79

5.5K 198 206
By grimreaperbarbie

Almost two hours later, the media circus had come and gone, but not without managing to credit Knight Wolf and Robin alongside the many "masked heroes" that showed up to defend the world from unknown danger. Now, they were standing on the side of the empty highway, Blair with her mask off and Jason standing behind her with his arms around her waist, all enjoying their last moments with each other.

"I gotta give it to you, Rach." Dawn said with a small smile. "You really know how to throw a party."

"Yeah, do it again." Jason agreed eagerly. "I loved beating Dick's ass."

Blair twisted around to lightly smack his face with a laugh, "Stop."

Dick walked by, carrying their bags to transfer over to Donna's Jeep, "Keep dreaming, Bird Boy."

"Nice one." Jason snorted. "Really inventive."

"I'm here all week."

Donna shook her head, ignoring their playful argument to look over at Rachel, "Maybe give us a heads up next time so I can do my own eye makeup? Your demon dad wasn't much for subtlety."

"Really?" Kory shrugged. "I kinda liked it, it was really gothic."

Gar raised his hand slowly, "Uh, I didn't."

Hank stood up straight, giving him an apologetic look, "Hey man, again, really sorry."

"It's cool." Gar shrugged, getting out of the back of the Jeep to walk over to them. Blair had helped him clean off most of the blood from his face, but the bruises and cuts were still there. Rachel promised to heal them when they were back on the road, just so gas attendants didn't freak out when they stopped. "I know it wasn't really you guys. It couldn't have been. Dick was actually kind of funny, in a weird, psycho way."

Everyone shifted their gaze to Dick at the front of the Jeep, "You do realize I'm listening?"

Blair snorted, "Are you ever not?"

"Yeah, when you start talking about the damn Porsche."

"SHE WAS A NICE CAR AND YOU TRADED HER IN—"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." He waved her off. "For a minivan, I know."

"AND WHERE IS THE MINIVAN NOW?" She exclaimed, looking around for dramatic effect. Dick stayed silent, suddenly interested in the fluid levels of the Jeep. "That's what I thought." She said smugly. "Bird brain."

"I heard that."

"Good." She smirked. "Bird brain."

Jason laughed into her hair. It was a small action, one he had done plenty times before, but it still made her blush and grin like an idiot.

Rachel stepped forward to hug Dawn, "You guys have fun."

"Where you going?" Hank asked as Rachel pulled away.

"Um," She glanced over her shoulder to yell over at Dick, still messing with the Jeep for whatever reason. "Where we going?"

Dick shrugged, "Uh, I don't know. It's a mystery."

"A mystery?" Blair rolled her eyes. "Dick, we aren't Mystery Inc, you know."

"Whatever you say, Daphne."

Blair groaned. She was fourteen and Jules had asked her to be the Daphne Blake to her gender-bent Fred Jones. Dick had driven them to a Halloween party dressed as Shaggy. "It was one Halloween, Shaggy."

Gar started laughing as Dick narrowed his eyes in her direction. Blair just gasped dramatically, "Ruh-roh, Raggy."

"Shut up."

Blair stuck her tongue out, "You missed me."

Donna snapped her fingers, waving Blair and Jason over, "You two, come here."

Blair nodded, dragging Jason with her to Donna. She had stepped away from the group, just to talk to the two of them without having multiple ears listening in. Once they were together, Donna held out her arms for Blair, hugging her tightly when she ran into them.

Jason stood to the side awkwardly until Donna pointed at him, "You."

"Me?"

"Yes, you." She nodded, finally letting Blair go. "If you so much as step one toe out of line with her—"

"Let me guess," Jason started, despite the warning look Blair gave him. He had just heard the warnings a thousand times already. This would be no different than the lecture Hank had given him when Blair was changing into her suit or the one Kory had given him when they had left Chicago. "Blair will kill me and you'll help hide the body?"

"What?" Donna scoffed, raising an eyebrow. "No. I'll kill you myself." Jason blinked in surprise. It was the first outright threat he had gotten from anyone other than Harley Quinn. Somehow, he wasn't expecting it. "Why the fuck would I let her handle that on her own?"

"I don't know," He shrugged, glancing over at Hank and Dawn taking to the kids while Dick and Kory talked by the Jeep. "That's what everybody else says. She can take care of me herself."

"That's not the point." Donna said, taking a step forward to look him directly in the eye. "If you hurt her, I will hunt you down and make sure you die a very slow and very painful death. You got that?"

Blair's eyes widened in surprise, "Donna!"

Donna ignored her, waiting for Jason's response. Blair couldn't remember the last time Donna had looked so serious, so threatening. It had been a while.

"I got it." Jason promised. He had decided he liked Donna so much better, respected her way of protecting Blair. No one else had straight up threatened him other than Harley, maybe Dick. Just because Blair could handle something on her own, didn't mean she had to and Donna understood that. She didn't have to do everything alone. "You don't have to worry about me."

"I'm not worried about you." Donna shook her head. "I worry about her."

Blair rolled her eyes, "I'm right here, you know, and I'm fine. I can handle myself, thanks."

"I know that, but it doesn't mean you have to all the time." Donna said, finally turning to look at her with a small smile. "I made a promise to you and I intend to keep it, even if I've done a pretty shitty job at it recently."

"You made that promise to me when I was two hours old, Donna." Blair laughed, giving her another hug. "You've done just fine."

Behind them, Rachel spoke loudly, "Another mystery?"

"Get used to it." Dick smiled as Jason and Blair made their way back to the group with Donna in tow. "Life's a lot better with them."

"Sounds like something Batman would say."

Blair snorted, "Actually, he'd say something pretentious like," She lowered her voice to match Bruce's serious tone. "'All life is is a mystery very few solve before dying' or some shit like that."

Knowing Bruce personally, Dick, Jason, and Donna all burst into laughter while Kory and the kids looked at them in confusion. Donna ruffled her hair, "Nice impression."

"Yeah," Jason agreed, still laughing. "Spot on, really."

Blair bowed with a grin, "Thank you, thank you."

Gar poked his head over Rachel's shoulder, looking at Dick hopefully, "Uh, do we get to meet him this time?"

"Uh, no." Dick shook his head. "Superman."

Gar's jaw dropped, "Seriously?"

"No," Dick laughed. "Get in the car."

Rachel slowly started to walk around the Jeep, like she was hoping to make it to the front seat without anyone noticing... at least, she was until Gar shouted, "SHOTGUN!" Rachel squealed loudly, staring to run as Gar struggled to get past her.

"Wha—" Jason's jaw dropped as they flew by him. "Come on, seriously?"

Blair laughed, kissing him on the cheek, "Save me a spot?"

Jason glanced around at the Titans still standing around, watching them closely. Hank raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms, staring him down. He turned back to face her, kissing her forehead, "Yeah, sure."

Kory stood in the center of the two cars, waving her hands at the kids, "Bye guys, I'll miss you!"

"Miss you more!" Rachel shouted, climbing in the front seat.

Gar's head popped up over the Jeep as he waved with a smile, "Bye Kory, send me a postcard from your planet."

Jason jumped in the back of the Jeep, waving at the rest of them while Blair stood back. She had her own goodbyes to say, way more personal than any he could say, so he gave her that time, trying to close the back window.

Dick made his way back to the group, stopping at Blair side to glance over at Donna, "You sure it's cool if we take your ride?"

"Never use it in the city anyway. You guys need it more than I do." Donna tossed him the keys. "Oh, and don't sell it." She added with a smirk. "It goes to Blair when you don't need it anymore."

Blair grinned widely, "Sweet, I've always wanted a Jeep."

"Consider it a late happy birthday, merry Christmas gift."

Blair pulled her in for another hug, "Thanks."

"Yeah, no problem." Donna smiled, squeezing her back. "I know you'll actually take care of it."

Blair stuck her tongue out at Dick while he rolled his eyes, shifting his gaze to Dawn and Hank by the truck, "Well guys, take care."

"Hey," Dawn called him back with a smile before he could completely walk away. "I mean this in the best possible way, it's really been fun, but let's not meet like this for a while, huh?"

Hank grinned in agreement, "Here, here."

Dick returned the smile, "It's a deal."

Blair watched as he walked to the driver's side door before turning to face everyone again. Dawn held out her arms for a hug which Blair gladly ran over to give her, hugging her tightly. She had no idea when she was going to see her next, but she missed her already.

"Be careful, okay?" Dawn asked softly as she pulled away. "Call us when you get the chance."

"Absolutely." She swore. "I promise."

Hank pulled her in for a hug, "Yeah, please be safe."

Blair looked up at him suspiciously, "Why'd you say it like that?"

"I don't think the world is ready for any little Jason Todd's running around—"

"Oh, Hank!" She pulled away, shoving him back. "Gross!"

Donna rolled her eyes, "Real nice, Hank."

"What?" Hank laughed. "I'm just saying be careful."

Dawn smacked his arm while Blair rolled her eyes, "You're the worst."

Kory stepped forward, tugging on her cloak. She turned around with a smile as Kory gave her knowing look, "Maybe you and I can test out those new abilities one day in the future, yeah?"

"Hell yeah," Blair's grin grew wider. "I'd fucking love that."

"We'll get together soon then."

"I'll hold you to that." She gave the older woman a tight hug. She'd only known Kory for a week, but she loved her. "I'm really glad I met you, Kory Anders of Tamaran."

"Me too, Blair Wilde of Gotham."

Blair laughed as she pulled away, "Yours is cooler."

Dick stuck his head out the window of the Jeep, "We're losing daylight here, Blair."

"That's what the headlights are for, Bird Brain." She shouted back, rolling her eyes before turning back to face the group, her family. She was being separated from them again. "I'll miss you guys."

"You'll see us again." Dawn promised, scrunching her nose with a smile. "It's different now."

It was different now. It was different than it was the last time. This apocalyptic shit show had brought them all back together in more ways than one. Yet, Blair couldn't help but fear she wouldn't see them again. Instead of voicing those fears, she just matched Dawn's smile, "I know."

Donna pulled her in for another hug, "I love you, baby girl."

"I love you too, DeeDee." Blair replied, trying to hold her as tight as possible. A whole year had gone by from the last time she had seen Donna, she didn't want to go through it again.

Dick honked the horn behind them as Blair pulled away, "I'm going to kill him before we even make it to Gotham, I swear to god."

"Get going, kid." Donna laughed, shoving her towards the Jeep. "Before he breaks the horn."

Blair waved back at everyone as she climbed in the back with Jason. It wasn't goodbye forever, she knew that, but it was the act of actually seeing them disappear in the back windshield that she wasn't looking forward to.

Dick turned around, meeting her gaze, "Everyone ready?"

Blair nodded, looking around the Jeep, "Ready as we'll ever be, I'm guessing."

********

Blair leaned against the side of the Jeep, waiting for the gas gauge to fill up. Her and Jason had changed back into their street clothes at a rest stop a few miles up the road while Rachel finished healing Gar. The last thing they needed was more publicity on their way home and walking into a gas station with two famous vigilantes and a boy covered in blood would definitely cause a scene.

Through the windows of the store, she could see Gar and Rachel tossing snacks at each other for the rest of the trip back to Gotham, Dick laughing when a bag of Cheetos hit Gar in the face.

Jason laced his fingers through hers, squeezing her hand. The thought that had bothered her since she first touched his shoulder on the porch crept back into her mind, "What did you see?"

"Hmm?"

"In the vision." She played with his fingers nervously. "I saw a little snippet of it when I touched you."

Jason blinked, "You saw—"

"I didn't mean to." She apologized quickly, feeling guilty for invading his head the way that she had. She really didn't mean to, but the nightmare was so loud, it spoke to her powers. At least, that's what she thought anyway. She was still confused as to how it worked. "I guess whatever Trigon did to us, it was like the same thing as what I can do so I could see inside your head for a minute. I'm sorry."

Jason shook his head, "You don't have to be sorry, it's not like you knew."

It didn't stop her from feeling like shit, "I know, I just don't have a complete handle on all of this yet. I still don't know my limits so I feel like I should apologize."

"Don't." He squeezed her hand reassuringly. She looked so worried, so apologetic, even if he was mad about it, he would've forgiven her immediately. The way he saw it, it wasn't her fault. She hadn't been trying to see in his head, she didn't even know she could. How could he be mad at that? "Don't worry about it."

Blair nodded, tracing small patterns on the back of Jason's hand. The nightmare, vision, whatever it was Trigon had put them through was absolute hell. She had no idea what the others had seen, but just based off her own nightmare and the little bit she saw of Jason's, she could only imagine.

"I fought Dick." Jason said quietly. Blair paused the doodles on his hand, looking up. "Saw some fucked up shit I don't ever want to see again, same shit I see in my fucking nightmares."

"I'm sorry I asked." She apologized again. "You don't have to tell me."

"No, it's okay." She gave him a look, one that said she didn't believe him. He tugged on her hand with a small smile, "Really, I'm fine. What did you see when you saw inside my head?"

Blair sighed, thinking about that tiny second inside Jason's head, "A lot of death. Bruce, Dick... me." She kicked a rock by her feet, watching it hit the trash can. "You want to tell me how it happened?"

"I don't think you'll like it."

"It's a nightmare, love." She said calmly. "I don't think anyone actually likes them, but like I said, you don't have to tell me."

Jason nodded, thinking a bit. How exactly was he supposed to tell her that in his Trigon nightmare, he had been the one to kill her? It was an accident, he hadn't meant to, he was aiming the gun at Dick and she jumped in between them at the last second. How did you tell your girlfriend that you'd murdered her in a dream? That you were trying to kill her brother, but killed her first?

"Well," He started slowly, a little nervous. "It started with Dick."

Blair tilted her head, "What did?"

"The reason you and Bruce were dead." He said carefully. "It started with Dick."

"Dick—" She hesitated, confused. "Dick killed me?"

Jason shook his head, "No. No, it was an accident, I—"

"Oh." She breathed, shifting her gaze back to the gas pump. So her boyfriend had killed her in a nightmare. It was an accident. The longer she thought about it, the less she cared, but it clearly bothered him. "I'm alive, babe. I'm fine."

"I know." He kissed her shoulder, surprised that she wasn't angry or the least bit scared. "I know."

Blair leaned her head against his, sitting up straight again when she thought about his words. It started with Dick. Jason had killed her on accident, meaning he was trying to kill Dick. If that was the case, then who killed Bruce? "You didn't— you didn't kill Bruce?"

"No—" Jason trailed off. "Wait, did you?"

At that moment, the nozzle stopped pumping, giving Blair the perfect excuse to get out of the horrible conversation she was about to have, or at least, give her some time to think. She had killed Bruce, she had killed so many people in that nightmare. So many more than the two Jason had. What did that mean for her?

"Hey," Jason said softly as she put the pump back in its original place. "It's okay if you don't want to talk about it yet."

"I just don't think I've actually come to terms with what I saw yet." She responded honestly. She hadn't. She probably never would.

"It was just a nightmare, a mind fuck. It wasn't real." He promised, just like she had promised him just a few minutes before. It was a lot easier to promise that to someone else than it was to yourself. "What you did wasn't real, it wasn't actually you."

"But what if it was?" Just like she hadn't seen what happened in his head, he hadn't seen everything she had done. Those were choices she had made, weren't they? "What if that darkness is in me?"

Jason wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her towards him, "If that's the case, then I'm no better than you are."

"I doubt that." Blair shook her head. "You didn't kill Batman. I did. Right after I killed at least twenty henchmen, Jonathan Crane, and chopped off the Joker's head."

Jason blinked. He didn't know what he was expecting, but that was definitely not on the list. Decapitating the Joker? Was Blair even capable of something like that?

"Yeah, I know." She muttered when he took too long to respond. "I'm horrible."

Jason shook his head quickly, "That's not what I was gonna say."

"I just told you I killed at least twenty something people—"

"In a fake ass reality." He reminded her. "It doesn't fucking matter, it wasn't real."

If she closed her eyes long enough, she could feel the blood on her face, "It felt real."

"I know what you mean." If he closed his eyes long enough, he could hear the sound of Blair taking her last breath.

"I saw everyone die." She whispered. "Jules, Matty, Dick— I saw you die. You died in my arms. It felt so real."

"Hey, I'm here." He lifted her chin to look her in the eye. "I'm alive. Jules and Matty are fine, though they might be a little pissed we left town without warning again. Everyone's fine." He kissed her forehead. "It wasn't real."

The door to the gas station opened, Blair putting a bit of distance between her and Jason to avoid Dick whining about that's my baby sister and five minutes, I leave you alone for five minutes.

Dick glanced between them, but chose to focus on the gas situation, "All filled up?"

"Yeah," Blair nodded. "Yeah we're filled up. Good to go."

Dick nodded as they started to move to the backseat doors, "Jason, I want you up front with me."

"Me?" Jason whirled around, eyes wide. Even Blair paused what she was doing to stare at him in confusion. "You want me to sit up front?"

"Your name's Jason, isn't it?" Dick said with an amused head tilt.

"I— yeah, okay." Jason stammered, moving to the front seat with an uncertain look at Blair who just shrugged in return, getting in the backseat with the kids. "Sure, man. Up front it is."

********

An hour later, Jason glanced over his shoulder, smiling at Blair sitting in between Gar and Rachel. Somewhere along the drive, the kids had fallen asleep. Rachel was holding Blair's hand tightly, her head leaning against the headrest. Gar, on the other hand was curled up in her side, his head on her shoulder.

Blair herself was struggling to stay awake, not wanting to miss a second with them, but when she flashed a sleepy smile back at Jason, he could tell she was just a few moments away from crashing out herself.

"Hey, I'm sorry." Dick said suddenly.

Jason turned back in his seat, looking at him in confusion, "What?"

"About last week, when we met." He explained, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. "I made a snap judgment, one that you didn't deserve."

Jason didn't say anything, mainly because he didn't know what to say. That moment was practically a blip in his mind with everything that had happened since. A blip, but a painful one, not just for him, but for Blair. She hadn't talked about it much, but he knew. He always knew.

"I've seen Blair turn down countless people, always sticking to that rule. I seriously thought she was going to follow that rule until—" He was going to say until the day she died, but with what he had seen in Trigon's reality, Jason probably seeing something similar, it didn't sound right. "It doesn't matter. She broke that rule, completely threw it out the window for you. That means something and I should've realized that a lot sooner. So I'm sorry."

Jason nodded, accepting his apology as he turned to look at Blair again. She had given into sleep, leaning her head against Gar's. He didn't know how long it would last, she hadn't been sleeping much in the past week. Seeing as she was asleep now, he was going to speak his mind since she couldn't stop him, "Do you know how much she fucking loves you?"

Dick looked over at him, "What?"

"Every single day, for months, she refused to talk to me unless it was for training." Those first few months were absolute hell. At the time, he thought it was just miserable for him, but looking back on it now, after seeing just how much Dick and Blair meant to each other, he realized they were just as awful for her. She was just doing the best she could at the time. "I thought she hated me, but she just missed you."

This time, Dick stayed silent, just glancing at Blair in the rearview mirror. Blair had told him she missed him, he knew she had, but he never realized just how much she had suffered with him gone.

"The way she talks about you, man," Jason laughed quietly, shaking his head. "You would think you hung the damn moon. I mean, seriously. She talks about you all the time. Do you have any idea how important your opinion is to her?"

Dick shrugged, "She's still dating you after she thought I didn't like you, so—"

"But it mattered." Jason stopped him. He had to see it. "I love her more than anything in this world, and I know she loves me so she won't care about getting your approval, but I do. I care about it because I know how fucking special you are to her."

Jason's words surprised Dick, though he didn't know why. He shook his head, "You don't need my approval."

"No," Jason agreed. "But I know how much it'll mean to her."

"You really do love her, don't you?" Dick asked, glancing over at him. "I mean, not like, not like a crush, you love her."

"She's my best friend." He had said that a thousand times, yet each time it was like a surprise to him. Blair Wilde was his best friend and she loved him like he loved her. How the hell did he pull that one off? "I think it's physically impossible not to love her."

"I mean, look at them." He glanced over his shoulder, smiling at Blair asleep in the backseat, holding onto both kids like they were her lifeline. "They met her once and you'd think she was their big sister with the way they lean on her for everything."

Dick glanced in the rearview mirror just in time to see Rachel's head land on Blair's shoulder. He was surprised just how quickly the kids had grown attached to her, especially Rachel. It was obvious to everyone that Blair loved them just as much as they loved her.

"And the funny thing is, she loves them too." Jason said as if he could read his mind. "Those are her kids. She'd die for them in a heartbeat."

Dick smiled, "She's always been that way."

"I know. That's one of the thousand reasons why I love her." Jason wasn't sure he'd met anyone that loved kids as much as Blair did. "I mean, when she took out Zsasz, did you know it was for an eight year old girl?"

"No," Dick laughed quietly. "But I'm not surprised."

"She cares so much about literally everyone. Tutoring Deadshot's daughter, becoming friends with Harley Quinn, sending flowers to Hatter—" Jason let out a disbelieving laugh. "She's amazing. She's special. When she loves you, it means you're worth something, that she thinks you're worth something. I wouldn't throw that away for anything."

Dick smiled at Blair sleeping in the backseat, shifting his gaze to Jason in the passenger seat, "I really should've given you more credit. You're a lot smarter than you look."

Jason grinned, "Thank you—" He paused for a second, letting Dick's words sit in his brain. "Wait a minute—"

"Just take it as a compliment." Dick laughed. "It was supposed to be one."

Jason shook his head, "You suck at giving compliments."

"I'll work on that."

********

Blair led the group through the crowds on the sidewalk outside the hotel she had made reservations at for Dick, Gar, and Rachel. After hours of being on the road, they were back in Gotham, and Dick had promised to stick around for a bit. She had no idea what he planned to do, but she wasn't going to question it. She was scared if she did, he would choose to up and leave again, without a warning.

The doorman of the hotel smiled at her, lowering his head in a greeting nod, "Lovely to see you again, Miss Wilde."

"You too, Murray." Blair said with a salute, walking into the lobby. The kids waved, following her in as she leaned over the front desk with a grin, "Hey, Brit."

"Blair!" The receptionist looked up at her with a bright smile. "How are you?"

"I'm great." Blair responded, tapping her fingers on the countertop. "I was just wondering if Jules had called?" Jules had moved into a loft downtown with Matty just a few weeks back, but she had lived in the penthouse suite her entire life before then. When they were still a few hours out, Blair had texted Jules, asking if she could borrow the suite. "She said we could use her old suite for a few days."

Britney opened her mouth to respond when Jules herself yelled from across the lobby, "BLAIR LUNA WILDE, HOW DARE YOU—"

She didn't get to finish her sentence as Blair tackled her in a tight hug, almost knocking her over in surprise. Texting her was one thing, but actually seeing Jules alive after her nightmare was completely different, like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders yet again.

"Oh, oh. Hi." Jules said in surprise, slowly hugging her back. "Nice to see you too, babes, but what's with the hug? Not that I'm complaining, but—"

"I just missed you." Blair cut her off, explaining the best she could without explaining it all. "That's all."

"Oh, well I missed you too." Jules grinned, squeezing her back. "Maybe give me a heads up the next time you and Jason decide to skip town. Matty and I could go with."

"Oh," Blair pulled away. "That wasn't exactly a vacation—"

Jules tilted her head in confusion until her eyes landed on the group over her shoulder, "Holy shit."

Blair didn't even have to turn around to know exactly what she saw, "I know."

"Holy shit." Jules repeated, her eyes wide. "He's back?"

"It's only temporary," Blair started. "I don't know how long he's staying, he's got the kids and—"

"RICHARD JOHN GRAYSON!" Jules exclaimed loudly, marching over to the front desk where Dick was talking to Britney about the room.

His shoulders tensed at the loud, almost angry tone of her voice, turning around slowly with a small, nervous smile, "Hey, Julie. Long time no see."

Blair cracked a smile. Jules was quite a force to be reckoned with on a good day, but when she was pissed off? That was another story. Blair knew she wasn't truly that angry, but then again, Dick had been gone for a year. Jules loved him too.

"Don't 'hey, Julie' me." She snapped, waving a finger in his face. "A year! You've been gone a whole year!"

Jason started laughing, watching Jules rip into Dick Grayson. Rachel and Gar stared at the scene in front of them in shock, neither one of them knowing what to say.

"Has it really been that long?" Dick tried, glancing over at Blair who had made her way to Jason's side, looking to them both for help.

Blair was having too much fun watching the drama unfold. She shrugged nonchalantly, leaving him to figure a way out himself.

"You missed birthdays, you missed Christmas, New Year's." Jules exclaimed, continuing on as if he hadn't spoken. "You're lucky I missed you too otherwise I would fucking murder you for being gone so long."

Dick pulled her in for a hug. Jules hugged him back, muttering angrily in his ear so only he could hear, "You fucking asshole, don't leave like that again. I thought Blair was never gonna leave her room again. You know what else you missed, right?"

"I do and I'm sorry." He nodded, pulling away. "It won't happen again."

"Good." She sniffed, standing up straight to glare at him. "If it does, I won't hesitate to put these heels where the sun doesn't shine, Richard."

Blair shook her head as Jason lightly nudged her, burying his face in her shoulder as he laughed. Only Jules would threaten Dick in front of an entire hotel.

Jules glanced over Dick's shoulder at the kids staring at her with wide eyes, "Gar and Rachel, right?" Neither one of them speak, still too stunned. Jules just smiled. "Blair's talked about you guys nonstop. Nice to meet you."

Gar finally managed to find his words, speaking up with a small grin, "You too."

"Make yourselves at home," Jules smiled, walking over to Blair and Jason, fist bumping Jason as she moved to stand beside them. "Order whatever you want, it's on us."

Rachel shifted awkwardly on her feet, "Uh, us?"

"Oh, this hotel's my dad's." Jules shrugged. "Owns a bunch of them all over the country."

Gar grinned, "And we get to do whatever we want?"

"No, you don't." Dick said quickly, shaking his head.

"Yes, you do." Blair said at the exact same time with a grin. "Go nuts."

"Yeah," Jules agreed. "What's the point in knowing the owner's daughter if you don't get to reap the benefits, Richard."

Rachel and Gar shift their gazes to Dick, both extremely excited, but trying to hide it. It was moments like these Blair remembered they were just kids. Dick sighed, waving them on, "Go ahead. I'll be right behind you."

Jules waved as they started to walk away. Before they made it to the elevator, Rachel turned back around, "Hey, Blair?"

Blair glanced up at the sound of her name, "What's up?"

Before she had the chance to move, Rachel tackled her in a hug, whispering softly, "Thanks for coming for us."

"Yeah," She looked at Dick and Jason in surprise before hugging the girl back. "I told you I would, didn't I?"

Gar bounced over as Rachel pulled away, giving Blair a hug as well, while Rachel high fived Jason, "You'll be around right?"

"I live here." Blair laughed, smacking his arm. "It's my city, of course I'm going to be around."

"Cool," He grinned, pulling on Rachel's wrist. "Just checking."

Together, the two took off for the elevator, dodging a few irritated rich couples here and there which only made Blair laugh. They'd made it. They were safe. Well, as safe as anyone could be in Gotham City.

"I figured I'd give you guys a heads up;" Jules started, turning to face the three of them still standing by the front desk. "Bruce is back in town. I saw him heading to a meeting at Wayne Enterprises yesterday morning, I guess he had just gotten in."

Jason laughed nervously, "Bruce is back?"

"Yeah." Jules confirmed, looking at him with an amused smirk. "I'm guessing you didn't tell him you guys were gone either, huh?"

Blair tilted her head, her voice coming out high pitched, "Well—"

Jules phone rang before Blair could even begin to explain their absence. Jules groaned loudly, digging into her jacket pocket to pull her phone out. Her face brightened when she looked at the screen, so every single person there knew who was calling before she even said his name, "It's Matty. I can't wait to tell him who's in town!"

She kissed Blair on the cheek, bouncing off with the phone to her ear, "Hey babe! You'll never guess who's back in town!"

Dick waited until Jules was out of earshot to turn back to Blair and Jason, "Did he know you were with me?"

"He knew we went to find you." Blair shrugged. "Maybe. I'm not sure if he got the voicemail I left him." She hadn't heard a word from Bruce since he left town a few days before on League business.

"If not, he definitely got the note we left on the door." Jason added.

"And if that didn't work, Kate definitely told him seeing as she was covering our patrols."

"And if she didn't, River did."

Dick rolled his eyes, "Glad you got that all figured out then."

Jason grinned for a bit, then suddenly grew serious, "Aw shit."

Both Blair and Dick whipped their heads in his direction, speaking at the exact same time, "What?"

"That's so fucking freaky." Jason shook his head, eyes darting between their identical expressions. He had never seen two people look more alike in his entire life. "Please, never do that shit again."

Blair rolled her eyes, but a hint of a smile danced on her lips, "What are you freaking out over?"

"The bike."

"The bike?" She repeated in confusion. "What bi—" She stopped, remembering what happened the day they had left to find Dick. "Jay."

"I forgot!"

"How could you forget to move the bike from the bottom of the stairs?"

Dick blinked in surprise, covering his mouth with his hand to keep from laughing. Of course there was a bike at the bottom of the stairs. Of course there was.

"I was a little busy with the Titans asking for our help with Dick and Rachel!" Jason exclaimed in his defense.

Blair snorted, "Alfred's gonna fucking kill you."

"Me?"

"It's your bike."

"You're going to throw me to Alfred like that?"

"I am, yeah." Blair nodded, her arms crossed over her chest. "I don't want to be on Alfred's bad side."

"You're his favorite," He whined. "He'll be easier on you."

Dick started laughing, unable to hide it anymore at that. Out of the three of them, Blair was definitely Alfred's favorite. She used to follow him around all the time as a kid, declaring him her grandpa, something Alfred took to heart. It was no wonder she was his favorite.

"I'm gonna go with the kids." He announced, pulling Blair in for a hug, kissing the top of her head. "I'll see you later, alright?"

Blair nodded, but said nothing. She was scared if she opened her mouth, she'd start begging him to stay or worse, she'd start crying. Dick was here, he was here right now, yet she was terrified he'd leave again. She could never say that out loud.

Dick glanced over at Jason with a small smile, "Later, Jason."

Jason waved, "Nice saving your ass again, man."

Dick rolled his eyes, walking over to the elevator just like the kids had done a few moments before. Blair watched him walk away, zipping her pendant side to side on the chain around her neck.

"He's here, B." Jason said reassuringly, lacing his fingers through hers. "He's not going to disappear."

"For now."

He stood in front of her, taking her other hand, "Hey, don't worry about tomorrow or a few days from now. Just enjoy right now, okay? That's all we can do."

"You're right." She sighed, glancing down at their interlocked hands. "I hate when you're right."

"Now you know how I feel all the damn time." Blair started laughing, causing Jason's lips to turn up in a satisfied grin as he started pulling her to the door. "I guess we should head back home. Alfred's probably waiting to yell at me."

"He definitely is."

"You think they know Dick's here?"

Blair thought about it as they walked out the door, stopping to wave at Murray the doorman. If Bruce was home, he had no doubt seen the news story about their adventure with an unknown danger and masked heroes. He was known as one of the greatest detectives in the world, surely he had come to the conclusion.

"We were on the news." She said finally, hailing a cab. "I think it's safe to say they have an idea."

A/N:
The next chapter will be the last official chapter of season 1! Season 2 is going to be a lot crazier than this last one, so be prepared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 2.4K 46
Ever since the defeation of Trigon things have been different. And with the added night of partying and fun, the sexual tension between two certain T...
21.1K 680 46
Completed Cora has had a terrible life. She was experimented on by a lab. Once she escaped she was put into foster care. She had two foster parents...
90.3K 3K 104
|I own nothing of Titans. I only own my character.| "You did it! Nice!" She could hear her older brother calling out from the bottom of the jungle gy...
114K 2.6K 16
Where two lost souls meet in strange ways. dick grayson x oc [ titans S1 ] started: 24 / 11 / 19 ended: 08 / 03 / 2020 edited: 08 / 05 / 2022 ยท disc...