Battle of Hearts

Por purplebeach

Ally Parker, soon to be senior, is your typical studious jock. She has got good grades and a few friends. She... Mais

Battle of Hearts
Chapter 1- The Cheesy Punch
Chapter 2- Dorky Trouble
Chapter 3- Here we go again
Chapter 4- Chemistry over Pen
Chapter 5- Bittersweet & Cold Feelings
Chapter 6- The Epic Fall
Chapter 7- We Can't Stop Cruising
Chapter 8- Call of Dog Poop
Chapter 9- The Punching Bag Stories
Chapter 10- Surprises
Chapter 11- I doubt that.
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 1
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 2
Chapter 13- Guilty Displeasures
Chapter 14- No pranks
Chaper 15- Better than nothing- The Friendzone
Chapter 16- He's Just Not That Into You
Chapter 17- Dealing with Feelings
Chapter 18- Conversations with Kanye West
Chapter 19 Between Girls
Chapter 20- New Friends.
Chapter 21- The Doubtful Door
Chapter 23- Restless Night
Chapter 24- A Happy Birthday Gift
Chapter 25- Cold Friendships
Chapter 26- The Best
Chapter 27-The Worst
Chapter 28- Sleep for Christmas
Chapter 29- Midnight Messages
Chapter 30- A Special Bond
Chapter 31- Losing Kiss Cam
Chapter 32- Change
Chapter 33- The New Girl
Chapter 34- Fear
Chapter 35- Truth or Truth
Chapter 36- Of Boozes and Broken Hearts
Chapter 38- Caged Heart
Chapter 39- Choices
Chapter 40
Chapter 41- Californian Dream
Chapter 42- The Prom Day
Chapter 43- The Big Bump
Chapter 44- Something Great
Epilouge

Chapter 37

5.4K 271 8
Por purplebeach

Cameron was thrown off the edge after finally hearing those three liberating words. It was like a cool breeze in the dryest drought. It rekindled a hope, a new fighting spirit that maybe the heartache was finally worth it. All his tiredness and weakness vanished and he sat there unknowingly smiling at his serenity sleeping in jeans. She never looked more beautiful, more amazing. His gaze flowed from her tangled black hair to light pink lips appreciating every inch of her face.

"Oh… Ally." He muttered to himself in astonishment gradually rubbing his thumb on her cheeks. She moved at his warm touch and smiled in her slumber. She clasped his hands in between hers making him filled with joy. It was beyond bliss but was truncated by her twisted lips.

Suddenly her eyes shot open and she looked at him in panic. She released his hands and covered her mouth after saying,"I'm gonna throw up."

He came to his senses and helped her into the bathroom attached to the room. She emptied her stomach in the sink while he held her hair back and rubbed circles on her back. "Are you alright?"

She lifted her head but held the sink tightly and he noticed she was very pale. Sweat droplets covered her forehead and she breathed hard. She didn't answer and kept exhaling which raised his worries. "Hey, Ally you alright?" He asked again.

She nodded faintly almost falling to her feet. She was too weak to utter any words and he had to help her limped body back to bed. He sat her down and gave her water to drink. She gulped it down immediately; her breathing rate settling. "How're you feeling?" He asked placing a hand on her cheek.

"Like shit." She answered her eyes closing with the heaviness she was feeling. She pressed her hand over his where it caressed her cheek and fell back to bed. "Your hand's so soft… like a pillow." She murmured closing her eyes and laid down with his hand still between her cheek and the cotton pillow cover.

"Okay…" He trailed off unsurely. He couldn't crouch beside the bed all night and Ally wasn't very happy by the idea that he was trying to remove his hand. So he gave up to her wish and only ten minutes later when she was deep in sleep did he retrieve his hand.  

Cameron gave her one last long look, turned off the lights and left for his room. He could hardly sleep that night as the three words echoed in his mind. But a serious question nagged him. What if she forgets that she ever admitted her feelings? People do not necessarily remember things when they are drunk. What should he do then? Remind her? But that wouldn't seem legitimate; she may think he was lying. He was happy but perplexed too and the thought of Emily didn't even strike him till three in the morning. If he breaks up with her she would be devastated and that wasn't the way he wanted to end things. She had been a great friend to him and if he was completely honest with himself he didn't like her anymore.

Unable to resolve his dilemma he decided to act on it in the morning. After a lot of tossing and turning he finally slept at four. When he woke up it was nine in the morning and he was still a little thrown away as he realized the events of last night were indeed true. He decided to check upon Ally and prepare himself for the best or the worst to come. It could really range from Ally proclaiming her love for him and running into his arms, to her waking up with amnesia. There was no in between. This was the day where he would finally know where he stood in her life. What he meant to her.

He carefully opened the door to the guest room and saw that she was still asleep. He walked to the bed and sat on the other side of the sleeping figure. She must've sensed his weight because then she turned to her side and opened her eyes.

Adjusting to the light she blinked rapidly and rubbed her eyes. She recognized the person sitting beside her, "Miller?"

He smiled widely. "Good morning."

"Morning. Where am I?" She asked sitting up and silently a hopeful string broke inside him.

"My house. You were drunk and there was no way I could leave you like that." He said too bluntly for her taste. He saw her reluctance and realized soon she wasn't vulnerable anymore. As the sun shined like every day an unforgettable night ended and she was back to her old cold self.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"My head's exploding." She chuckled a little pressing her hands to her head.

"Bad hangover. Come on, go freshen up and I'll bring you something to eat." He advised getting up.

"Oh no that's fine. I'll just go home." She got up from the bed and began folding the blanket she was previously inside.

"Don't be silly. Leave it, the maid will do that." He took away the blanket from her hands and threw on the bed. "You can't go to home like this anyways. Your car is at Haley's."

"Oh great." She muttered sarcastically and trudged her way to the bathroom.

"Good. You clean up and I'll bring breakfast."

She stopped. "No need for that. I'll come to the kitchen." She confirmed it with a smile which he would have believed if it wasn't for her lethargic tone.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay… I'll see you at the table." He nodded and went away to the kitchen to ask the cook to make pancakes. On his way to the breakfast table he came to a conclusion that she didn't remember it after all. A sigh escaped his lips and he was too lost in his thoughts to notice anyone's presence. He was just exhausted, frustrated and confused. His heart said she was worth the wait but his mind knew the truth. School was about to end and he would have to let her go eventually. It was very likely they would be miles away in a few months. Could he really sacrifice a good and safer relationship with Emily for something so transient and fleeting?

"Hey, bro."

He looked up to see Callum with a little Lucy by his side. "Good morning." He said happily pushing away his thoughts.

They sat on the chairs beside him and he asked his sister, "How are you, Lu?"

She looked up at him and squeaked excitedly, "I'm good. What are we eating today?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes."

"No, I want waffles." Callum demanded and Cameron shot him a look to make him understand he wasn't going to listen anything. "Nobody listens to me in this house." He whined again settling back in his seat.

"Cameron." Lucy called innocently, "When are mom and dad going to be back?"

"Um… Today, I think. They should be home till five."  He said trying to escape from his sister's burning curiosity. She was always inquiring about their parents and he knew that she was too little to understand their 'work'. She always complained about them not being together like her friends' families. But there was nothing he could do except be a good brother.

"Ally? What are you doing here?" Callum  question jolted him out of his thoughts. He looked up to see she was awkwardly standing at the end of the table. Before his brother could ruin things for him by telling their parents about a girl waking up in their house he stepped in.

"Uh… She's here to grab my… notes."

"This early?" Callum asked turning his head towards his brother.

Cameron was at loss of words but thankfully she spoke for him. "Yeah, I thought why not go for a morning walk too."

"But your clothes?" He indicated to the tight jeans and shirt she was wearing.

"Oh my god. Callum if only you were that inquisitive in Chemistry." She diverted the topic.

"Now that you came, have breakfast with us." Cameron continued their drama.

"Oh sure. Thanks." She sat on the table avoiding the questioning looks passed on by Callum. When the breakfast arrived Ally was evidently excited about it, she clasped her palms looking at the food as if it was made of diamonds. He laughed at her reaction but she didn't care at all. She lunged on the delicious chocolate pancakes since she hadn't eaten much yesterday.

Her stomach started filling and she had to slow down herself from consuming it all at once. "These are awesome." She commented looking across at him.

He smiled loving her enthusiasm.

"But you came from upstairs Ally? What were you doing up there?" It was Callum's unbelievable voice that broke her eating contest with herself.

"Seriously? I can't even pee now?" She said quickly. Her mind seemed better functioning with food. "If you ask me one more question I swear you're failing Chemistry." She pointed a fork at him causing another laugh to escape from Cameron's lips.

He was enjoying the food as well as Ally's caveman reactions. "Hey, Lucy." He looked up to see Ally addressing his little sister who didn't seem to hear her.

"Lucy." She called again cheerily. Lucy ignored her yet again, she didn't even raise her head up to look at Ally.

"Lucy. She's talking to you." He said reminding his sister. He liked that Ally was trying to be friendly with his family. It gave a strange confidence and happiness acknowledging the fact that they might get along.

Both of them intently looked at the little girl. When she finally looked up she straightforwardly said in a muffled tone, "I don't like you." He watched as Ally's smile turned into a frown.

"Lucy, this is not the way to talk to people." He warned but she didn't care, she was busy stabbing into her plate. Again she paid no heed to anyone.

"I'm sorry, Ally. She didn't mean that."

"Oh it's okay. Kids don't like me anyway." She shrugged it off and he was amazed by how fast she masked it with a grin.

When the breakfast was over she got up and Cameron offered to give her a ride to Haley's. She grabbed his empty notebook to satiate Callum and they left the house. He was determined to spark a conversation about last night and note her reaction. It was a crucial time for him;he was carefully stringing together the words he should say. He didn't want to sound pushy but not also like he wasn't interested in her at all. They reached his car and he took the driver seat, prepared to start a conversation that could be an important factor in taking future decisions for him.

Before inserting the keys he turned to her unconfidently,"So… Uh…About last night… Do you remember anything?"

A car stopped in front of them before she could reply. A shiny silver sedan's door opened grabbing their attention. Emily emerged standing in front of his car with her hands on the hips. He noticed she was looking at them angrily. The timing couldn't have been worse for him. They both got out of the car and Cameron knew exactly what was Emily doing there. But he asked nevertheless trying to sound shocked by her presence, "Hey, what are you doing here so early?"

Emily's furious gaze made him uncomfortable, "Seriously, Cameron don't try to act innocent. I know exactly what is going between you two." She swayed her index finger at them. She began digging in her fancy purse and fetched out her phone.

"What the hell is this?" She shoved the screen in his face. He squinted in the blazing sun to look at the picture of him kissing Ally last night. He couldn't say a word that could justify his actions. He felt ashamed that he cheated on someone for someone who he probably doesn't have a future with. His one wrong move could ruin a good relationship and a  possible future relationship with Ally.

He looked over to his side, her eyebrows were knit together as she tried to comprehend things. "Uh… I can explain Emily." Ally's voice jolted him out of his self loathing session. He looked at her again shocked by her revelation. He wondered whether she remembered  anything or not.

"Don't, Ally. I know it's his fault. He can't even control himself."

"No, it's my fault too. Just listen to me once." Ally said moving forward trying to persuade Emily. Emily looked challengingly at her but when she saw she was sincere she agreed. "Fine." He watched their expressions attentively but couldn't understand a word as the two girls stepped aside at a distance to talk alone.

"Look, I was really drunk last night and didn't know what I was doing. But I'm sure it was a part of the game we were playing and he didn't mean to cheat on you. Bad things just sort of happens when you're surrounded by stupid teengers like me." She said trying to convince Emily. Ally never wanted to cause confusion and chaos in his life though she seems to do exactly that. She didn't remember everything from last night but even a million beers couldn't have erased that kiss out of her mind.

Emily folded her arms, "How can I believe what you're telling is true?"

"Come on, really? Do you think he is ever going to cheat on you? He's the nicest person I know. He never wants to intentionally hurt anyone. And he can never see you hurt."

Emily thought over the situation, from her looks Ally could make out she was comprehending new facts. After a long pause she said defeatingly, "You know what? You're actually right. He's the sweetest."

"Yeah, I know. So do you forgive him?"

She shrugged it off, "Maybe I'll think over it. I'm still mad though at you."

"Uh… I- What can I do to make it up to you?"

A sinister look flashed on her face for a second before she covered it with a witty smile. "Stay away from him."

"What?" Ally said stunned by her words.

"You're the one who kissed my boyfriend." Emily shot a finger at her chest expressing her ominous presence. "And that's not a thing 'friends' do. I know you have something for him." As she spoke she took further more dangerous steps towards Ally.

When she tried denying it, Emily raised her hand, "Don't try denying it, Ally. Just stay away from him and let us be happy." She hissed trying to sustain the anger rising in her voice.

Emily managed to intimidate her and she could simply nod because she was aware of the thunder she caused in their happy relationship. She had no right to defend or deny her unreasonable demands. "Okay, I'll keep my distance." She agreed softly making sure he doesn't hear any part of this conversation.

"Great. Now I can forgive him." She bounced happily and hugged her boyfriend. Cameron seemed shocked by her sudden reversal of mood but he didn't question it. When Emily was leaving, satisfied by their deal she passed a reminding look to Ally while opening her car door.

"Wow. What did you say to her?" He turned to her in the trail of dusts left by Emily.

"Nothing but the truth."

"And what was that look she gave you? Did she say something to you?" He asked keenly.

"She didn't say anything." She refused to disclose the truth and he refused to accept her lies.

His light tone turned serious when he studied her face closely. "Come on, tell me. Did she threaten you?"

"No, she didn't relax, okay?" She turned around to walk back to the car but before she could take a step he blocked her.

"Tell me what she said. I won't do anything." He looked at her with those pleading eyes and she had to give up. She could never deny anything to those eyes. And also somewhere she wanted to see how he would react if she told him about his over possessive girlfriend.

So she narrated the exact words of Emily, he rose to his full height, face red with anger, "How the hell could she make you stay away from me? She can't do that. What does she think of herself! She can't control my friends."

He paced around angrily. "Calm down, Miller." She patted on his back but he shook her hand off.

"I won't. This is my damn life. How can she decide what I want to do? I'm going to call her. Just wait." He went to reach inside his pocket but she stopped him.

"No, no. Think about it you just made up with her."

"So what? I'm done with her."

"Don't do it. You guys are… great together." No matter how much she hated to admit it, with a heavy heart she admitted to him and to herself.

"You're seriously saying that right now?" He searched her eyes for a while and then raised his hand in defence. "I don't believe this. You are favoring her irrational behavior."

He paced to his car not even hearing her response. "Just get in the car and I'll drop you to Haley's." He said his tone rising a bit.

She couldn't understand his fury. "What wrong did I do now?" She asked sitting inside the car feeling trapped by all corners. Lately, everything she said or did ended up hurting him or his close ones. She didn't know how to fix him other than advising him the best. The guilt of always disappointing him crawled back gripping her tightly.

"You're supporting her. I just can't believe you agreed to her."  His loud tone made her feel even more guilty.

"What do you want me to do? I kissed you. Of course, she would want me to stay away from you." She said her voice breaking at the end. "Why are you so angry at me anyway?"

He clutched the steering wheel hard, "Because you agreed to stay away from me." He yelled and slammed his hand angrily on the wheel. "After everything we had you can actually agree to stay away from me. That's just unbelievable. I don't get what the fuck is your problem anyway? You clearly like me way more than I thought but you just won't accept it for some unknown reason. And after last night I thought you would realize that. But no we're back to square one." He laughed bitterly, "The funny thing is you're making me patch up with my girlfriend. First, you care about me then you push me away and last night you kissed me like that. And now you want me to be with someone else. Wh-Why are you doing to this to me?"

Impulsively, the words left from her mouth in an effort to reduce her burden. "Because I just really like you goddammit! I want you to be happy! And she will make you happy, I know because she is willing to offer you what I can't." She shouted back in an exasperated voice unable to hold it together anymore. She wanted the best for him even if it meant she would have to die everyday seeing him with Emily. She hoped seeing him smile could fill the emptiness inside her. The hurt she thought she could never feel was actually there, somewhere inside her that she had swathed under layers of ignorance.

He blinked twice, stupefied by her outbreak but he managed to ask, his voice lowering, "And what is tha-that you can't offer?"

"A good relationship."

-----
A/N: Hey! So… Kinda frustrating chapter right? What do you think Cameron should do? Uh I don't know when exactly I want to end this but it would be soon. I hope you guys stick by with me and see how this ends. Vote and comment if you like. And if you can suggest a name for this chapter I'm confused! Cheers xx

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

122K 5.8K 44
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
136K 5.9K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
5.1K 1.2K 13
සිතින් විතරක්, පෙම් කරමි මා අද... හිමි නොවන පෙම් සිත දිගේ... වේදනාවන් සිතේ සඟවන්... අත්හැරීමද ප්‍රේමයකි... ❤ මේ ඔහුගේ ඒකපාර්ශ්වික යැයි සිතූ සදාකා...
1.7M 6.6K 2
Love is fragile. [A Wattpad Featured Story] Copyright © 2015 by Emily Slough. All Rights Reserved. ROM | 29