Serendipity

By jmkrb1

Carlotta Angela Vasiliev is a 17 year old girl living with her adoptive Russian mafia family of 4 brothers an... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100

11

72.1K 1.8K 1.9K
By jmkrb1

We'd finally made it to the mall, after fighting with Car about which Lamborghini we were taking-

Which she pulled the 'lost daughter sob story' card for by the way-

She chose Massimo's lime green racing lamborghini, a decision he was far too happy with and resulted in me being booted to the back seat.

Fuck that.

I did however, have control over the bluetooth speakers, quickly making them both regret their decision.

When we arrived at the mall, we spent more time looking for parking than driving to get here.

Don't get me wrong, there was plenty of parking available, that wasn't the issue.

"Just pick a damn parking space already!" I yelled at Massimo for the tenth time.

"How many times do I have to explain, I can't have il mio bambino too close to any other cars, she can't be damaged!" He yelled back frustratingly.

(my baby)

"Oh! Look over there! That would work no?" Carlotta suddenly exclaims, pointing to a single parking space in the back of the lot, two trees either side of it. "Look, see, no other cars can even park anywhere near your baby huh?" She said convincingly.

Massimo grinned now slightly, happily driving the lambo over to the parking spot.

Bi-polar bitch.

"Good eye, principessa." He muttered as he reversed the car into the space, grabbing onto Car's seat as he turned to look out the back windshield.

(princess)

Once the car was parked, safe and sound, we all got out of the car and started heading towards the mall entrance.

Which of course was ages away as we had to park as far away as godsdamn possible.

As we were walking, I slide up beside Car and sling my arm around her neck, "So what stores are we hitting up first? We need stuff for your room and clothes and shit right?" I asked, looking down at her.

She pursed her lips cutely in thought before nodding, "Yeah, I didn't have time to grab all my clothes when I got sent over here." She shrugged.

"Well, buy anything you want today, bambina, Angelo gave us his card." I winked at her.

(baby)

She stopped walking abruptly, "No, no I have my own money I can buy stuff for myself." She said firmly.

"Hell no, we'll buy your shit for you." Massimo speaks from behind her.

"Seriously, I have mone-" Massimo cuts her off by wrapping an arm around her neck and putting his other hand over her mouth, making her look up at him standing behind her.

"Not up for discussion." He says, getting in the final word before nudging her forward, making us all continue our trek to the front of the mall.

Car huffed for a few more seconds before rolling her eyes and seeming to accept her fate.

We eventually made it to the mall, where I doubled over, fighting for my life. "Mass- imo- I will- fucking- kill- you." I panted.

"You know, you're very unfit for someone who fights on a regular basis." He replied casually, making me glare at him.

Not only did he rudely insult me, but going to regular fights was not something a family did on the regular, and we had all agreed to try keep Car out of the underworld.

Massimo realises his mistakes and clears his throat looking down at Car who seems to still be smirking at me and my dramatics.

"Whatever, lets go I'm fucking hungry." I stand, now breathing completely normally since I received zero pity from my loving siblings.

It's like when you pretend to be dead in the pool as a kid and no one would do anything-

Heading to the food court, as that was obviously our number one priority, Massimo and I had to glare at any fucker that looked in Car's direction. And let me tell you there was a lot of them.

We didn't mind though, I mean we already were sick fuckers who enjoyed torturing people who'd wronged us and seeing the fear in their eyes. We had a lot of time to make up for in Carlotta's life and being able to do small things like this made it feel a little better.

Everytime on the way to the food court a guy or girl would look at Car in a way we didn't like Massimo and I would glare at them, not wanting to make too much of scene just yet, and then smirk at one another over the top of Car's head when they looked away immediately.

We make it to the food court and start eyeing the options available, "McDonalds?" We all ask collectively, making me grin.

"Huh, so you do have good taste then?" I chided Carlotta, earning a punch to my arm which surprisingly hurt.

"Ow! Gods you're strong for such a small thing." I mutter under my breath, obviously it was loud enough for Car to hear again, dumbass, so now I have two bruises on my arm.

Hey Car, at least now we're matching- stop.

Massimo let out a rare chuckle at our exchange, making Carlotta look up to him, a little glint in her eyes.

"Okay, let's go to fucking McDonalds already I'm starving." Massimo said, nodding his head over to the line.

"What do you want, tesoro?" I ask.

(treasure)

"Big Mac with fries and coke." Massimo responds.

Jeez, since when did this guy get a sense of humour?

I slap him upside the head, to which he glares at me threateningly. I would usually be running for my life but we're in public and our little sister is with us. Hah.

"No dumbass, you're coming in line with me to order, Car you find us a table yeah? What do you want to eat?" I say.

"Mmm, I'll actually get the same as Massmino." To which Massimo smirks, smug asshole, and I nod.

"Alright go grab a table and we'll get the food." I say and she smiles and nods, heading over to find us a table.

I notice Massimo not keeping his eyes off her as she weaves through people in the food court. "Starà bene, fratello, non preoccuparti." I reassure, seeing his frantic tracking of her every move.

(she'll be fine, brother, don't worry)

He ignores my reassurance and I roll my eyes at his stubbornness, pushing him forwards when the line moves, making him stumble and knock into the guys in front of us.

"Fucking watch it." The one Massimo knocked into snarls, turning around only for us to acknowledge each other in recognition.

"Yo, what the fuck are you doing here?" The guy who turned out to be Noah says, going in for a bro hug which I return, same with Massimo.

"We didn't even see you guys." Mateo says, hugging us both as well.

Noah is the German mafia heir and Mateo is the English mafia heir, aka Massimo and I's best friend since birth. We all go to the same school along with our other close friends, however these two along with us are the only ones who know about the underworld.

They knew about Carlotta, and had even met her before she was taken. We all used to play together seeing as we were the closest in age.

"Nah, we're just grabbing some food at the moment, how about you guys?" I replied.

"Yeah, same bro. Hey, did you hear about the party last-" Noah replied, only to be cut off by another voice.

"Hey guys, actually I don't know what I was thinking, can I get chicken nuggets instead?" Carlotta asks, making us look down and realise she'd squeezed her way in between Massimo and I.

I look down at her and smile, "Yes of course." To which she smiles back at me gratefully before turning her head to take in Noah and Mareo, giving them each a once over.

No doubt she's boosting their fucking ego's.

I look to Mateo and Noah, who have both paled slightly, gaping at her. Their eyes trail her body, hers no doubt doing the same to them and now I wanna kill them, great.

No doubt that Mateo and Noah were good looking guys, but that didn't change shit.

"Stop fucking looking at our little sister." Massimo suddenly growled, making Mateo and Noah's faces pale even more and mouths drop open.

"You mean you found your little sis-" Mateo began, only to be smacked by Noah after we widened our eyes at him, silently communicating that we didn't want Car knowing about the underworld.

"Ow, you little shit! I'll beat your German arse!" Mateo responds, his English coming through when he's angry.

"Carlotta, this is Mateo and Noah, they're two of our friends from school." I introduce them to her.

"Hey herrlich." Noah says, smirking down at her.

(gorgeous)

"I don't know what German bullshit you've just said to her, but when I find out what it is I'll skin you." Massimo responds to Noah, making him chuckle and put his arms up in surrender.

"Hey Carlotta, you probably don't remember us but it's good to see you again." Mateo smiles politely, his British manners making an appearance.

Carlotta smiles up at them comfortably, "Nice to meet you guys. I'm glad I have at least some people I know for school."

"Oh shit she's going to our school?" Mateo suddenly shifts from his politeness to question us.

"That's gonna be a bloodbath, especially with her." Noah adds on, causing Carlotta to narrow her eyes at him after his emphasis on 'her'.

Yes that's right, go full chihuahua on him.

Before we could discuss it further, the man behind the McDonald's counter yells for the next customers. We all decide to order together and eat in the food court.

We didn't talk anymore about school or anything, silently deciding we needed to talk about it privately later.

For the duration of our meal, we sat around and chatted and joked, Car getting to know both Noah and Mateo.

Neither Massimo or I missed the light in Noah and Mateo's eyes when they conversed with her, something else we'd have to talk to them about.

No way in hell is that ever happening, let alone with our best friends.

After we finished eating and Carlotta and Mateo finally stopped obsessing over Joe from You, we began to look around the actual mall.

Mateo and Noah decided to tag along, saying they had nothing better to do, but I think much to my annoyance I knew why they were sticking around.

We stopped at several clothes stores to get Carlotta stuff to wear. Half the time it was Massimo and I glaring at certain items she picked out and the other was smacking Noah and Mateo over the head when they suggested the skimpiest clothes they could find.

I know they were just trying to piss us off but I really wanted to shoot them right there.

Though I had to admit, other than some crude jokes, they were nothing but respectful to Carlotta, making her feel welcome and comfortable, as well as occasionally glaring at some other people for looking her way.

When we got to Victoria's Secret, we all thought to stay outside.

Well, we had to hold Mateo back by his shirt from following Carlotta into the store but-

Once she came out from the store, she'd obviously gained some confidence around the two fuckers, teasing them in any way she could.

I wanted to wring their necks, I needed to talk with Car at home, for fucks sake.

It was around 5:00pm when we'd finally worn ourselves out. Massimo was crankier than usual and I was hungry again so we called it a day.

We said our goodbyes to Mateo and Noah and made our way back to the car.

Carlotta chose the back seat this time, falling asleep to the purr of the engine as we drove home with our baby sister. 

____________________________________________________________

Not one of my best chapters but I wanted to get one out for you guys 😫

I have October break now :) so I should be able to update more? (don't hold me to that lmao)

Thank you for reading! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.9K 1.3K 40
15-year-old Sofia De Ricci accidentally kills her mum's abusive boyfriend and lies to everyone about his death. She believes she has no other family...
Macrina By Maya F

General Fiction

62.1K 2.4K 57
"Honestly, I think you're really gonna like New York." "New York? Like New York City, New York?" "The one and only," my cousin grinned, taking a swig...
47.9K 691 15
Gabriella is a 16 year old girl who lived with her adopted mom. Well, this was before she unfortunately passed away. Gabby was sent to live with her...
Forever family By Candyfloss

Mystery / Thriller

635K 15.9K 22
Emmalin Folliero is a 14-year-old who has been though more than most girls her age. Her mother is a drug addict and her step-father is extremely abus...