(Mileven texting au) Riptide

נכתב על ידי MWThedealersmanager

(Mileven texting au) Riptide I was scared of dentists and the dark I was scared of pretty girls and startin... עוד

~
01
02
03
04
05
~
07
08
09
10

06

258 9 2
נכתב על ידי MWThedealersmanager

Chapter 06
"Loves like a cigarette"

New York, New York
12:34 am

"Maxine I'm sure he'll be fine" Dustin reassured. "But what if it gets amputated!" She cried pacing around the hospital hall. "Maxine he literally just broke his forearm it's not that serious" Mike sighed receiving a shove on the arm from Dustin. "I'm sorry I'm just tired I'm sure he'll be fine Max there's no need to worry" Mike apologized rubbing his eyes trying to stay awake.

"There's no fucking way I'm going to school today" Mike said to himself. "I'm going to get a snack from the fending machine anyone want anything?" Dustin said standing up. "I'll come with" Maxine said and they left. If you're wondering how they ended up here Lucas tried to attempt a Ollie in the air. And of course landed funny on his arm.

Lucas walked into the hall with a wrap on his forearm and sat in the closest seat which was next to Mike. "You ok?" Mike asked before speaking again before Lucas could respond "I mean I know you aren't ok ok but like-"
"I'm fine Mike" Lucas said. Mike nodded before came running Maxine.

"Omg are you ok?" She asked hugging him so tight he could barely breath. "Yes Maxine I'm fine" He said in a strained tone. Mike just let out a giggle as he his best friend gasp for air.

-

2:34 am

After they'd got back from the hospital Mike didn't even bare skating he ran as fast as he could all the way home. Holly had been at home for more than an hour which is way more than she'd supposed to been. Mike finally got home and before he could even unlock the door the door opened and there stood Holly with her arms crossed over her chest and a unamused look on her face and her cheeks seemed to be slightly tear stained.

"Holly I'm so sorry I was not supposed to be out this late but something happened and things really took a turn although that kinda isn't an excuse but-" Holly gave Mike a hug and laughed. "It's okay Mike I'm glad you're home" She said. "Me too..were you crying?" He asked. "Maybe a little..but only because I was a little bit worried about you" She said quickly.

Mike smiled. "You still going to school tomorrow?" She asked as they walked up the stairs. "I don't think so I mean I've been up running around town for-"
"Exactly 4 hours 15 minutes and 46.5 seconds" Holly answered. "But who's counting?" She says.
"Mmh" Mike hummed. "You gonna be ok for the rest of the night?" Mike asked Holly nodded. "Ok well I'll be right down the hall-"
"Call if you need anything" She cut him off. Mike nodded and closed his bedroom door behind him and started getting ready for bed.

-

After showering and getting dressed Mike went downstairs to get a glass of water. While making his way down he heard shuffling noises from the living room. He grabbed the bat and walked cautiously to the living room when he turned the corner he saw something he least expected. "Mom?" He whispered tossing the bat to the side and walking towards her.

"Oh Mike sorry did I wake you?" She said untangling some lights. "No I came down to get some water...you're putting up the tree?" Mike said. Karen smiled while nodding "I was planning on surprising you both in the morning but I see you've gone and ruined it" She jokes. Mike smiled. "You need help with that?" Mike asked referring to the tangled lights. "Yes actually thank you pull this side and I'll pull the other" She instructed

-

Hawkins Indiana
3:45 am

Telephones by Vacations blasted through the brunette's bedroom as she jumped around carelessly singing loudly in her imaginary microphone until the song came to a stop and her name was called.

"El!" Will said making el fall to the floor somehow tripping on air. "Oww" She mumbled as she got up. "Sorry if it was to loud I'll turn it down" She said. "No you're fine I just came in her to tell you dad just called he said he was going to be home a little later than usual" He said. Elaine nodded before suddenly there was a knock at the door. The FRONT door.

El and Will gave each other an suspicious look before El walked over to get a blanket since it was cold downstairs. "Let's go" She said walking down the hall. If you're wondering they really didn't get that many knocks on their door and if they did they'd recognize them right away but the thing is this knock was different. Way different.

"Wait how come you get a blanket and I don't?" Will said as they came closer to the front door. "Because  one you should've gotten your own and second you're opening the door" she said. "Oh yea great so if it's a killer or a blizzard I'll have nothing to protect myself with" He said sarcastically. "How the fuck are you supposed to defend yourself with a blanket William?!" There was a knock on the door again. "Ok I'm kinda getting tired of tiptoeing so can we just open it?" He asked. El glanced at the door and shrugged and finally unlocked it and slung the door open.

"Thank god I thought I'd end up freezing out here" a man with an Chicago accent said. "Um hello who are you?" She asked. "I'm Gary and I'm here to deliver your tree..you did order a tree right?" He said. They both looked at each other before El spoke. "Yeah sorry we must've forgotten we've been really busy lately" She said. The man nodded. "Would you like me to set it up for you it be no problem" he offered. "Yes you can set it over here thank you" She said walking over to the corner of the living room.
"Will do" he said.

"Will I'll be upstairs just for a second" She said handing him a frying pan. "What's this shot for?" he whispered. "Protection" She said. "He looks nice" He said unsure. "Doesn't mean there's still not a chance" she said before walking upstairs.
She grabbed her phone and got her and Will two coats and a couple other things before she went back stairs.

The tree had been put up by the time el had came back downstairs. "Have a merry Christmas" The man said "You too" Will said before shutting the door. "What are you doing?" Will asked. "Going out into the shed here" She said handing him his jacket. "What for?" He asked as he followed her out the back door. "HOLY SHIT IT'S COLD OUT HERE!" He screamed. El laughed and passed him a pair on gloves she got out of her dad's dresser.

El took a small bronze key out of her pocket and unlocked the door. It took a couple pulls and the assistants of Will to get it open since it hadn't been opened in some months and the thick pile of snow in front of the door. El passed William a flashlight to shine inside while she dusted a few cop webs and looked for a light switch. After that they found the boxes full of Christmas decorations, brought them inside, wiped them down, turned on some music and started decorating.

-

During the process...

Side note: every time you see these on the end on the sentence it's marking the end of an event

("Ahh!" El yelled. "What?" Will asked. "Oh never mind it's just a ball of hair I thought it was a spider...haha!" She laughed.)

("Will be careful with those they're gla-"
"Oops..." )

("Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver-white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things
When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad!" The siblings sang in sync)

(El gasped while Will stranded there with his mouth agape. "We broke the fucking snow globe" She said with her hand over her mouth. "Dad's going to kill us..." Will said. "I mean at least it was the ugly one and it was for thanksgiving not Christmas" She said trying to make her and Will feel better about the situation. "Hallelujah" Will said sarcastically)

-

New York, New York
4:12 am

During the process...

("Awe Mike look what I found at the bottom of the bag" Karen said showing him a picture from a couple years ago around this same time.)

(Mike was bringing over a box of ornaments trying be be as careful as possible but to his luck three feel and broke. "Shit" Mike mumbled. "Mom..")

("Mike how do you get tangled in Christmas lights?" Karen said)

(Mike yawned. "We did good don't you think?" She asked. "Of course no one could've done it better" He said. "Thanks for helping again" She says. "No problem mom"
"I'm gonna head to bed" He said. Karen nodded "Ok see you in the morning love you" She said. "Love you too" Mike said)

Karen and Mike had finished the tree in about an hour which left both of them tired and ready to head straight to bed. After Mike had finished his glass of water he went to bed

-
5:21 am

After 40 minutes of untangling lights, throwing away broken ornaments that had got smashed in the box from the weight on top of them, dancing breaks, singing breaks, and letting their dad in they had finally finished decorating the tree.

"Wow...it looks great" Hopper said smiling. "Thanks" El and Will said half asleep. "I'm going to take a shower but you guys did great" Hopper compliments before going upstairs.

"You going to your room?" Will asked getting upset to stretch. "Nope I'm sleeping on the couch" She said grabbing her blanket from earlier that got tossed aside. "Ok well good night El" He said. "Good night Will love you" She says drifting off. "Love you too" He said before going upstairs to his room.

-

Heyyy
First off I wanna ask how's everyone doing (hope you're doing great). And also how's school going for you? (Me: neutral grade wise) and also what's your favorite holiday? Other than that hope you guys enjoyed this update of Riptide and as always thanks for reading this chapter and supporting my book and...

See ya soon....

:)
(And no this is not proofread kill me)
(And also please leave a vote)

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

44.8K 741 52
After 6 years, Eleven finally appears. But not the El Mike, Dustin and Lucas knew back in '83. She can't recall many words, or remember how to read p...
6.6K 280 24
For an assignment Mike has to write to a pen pal out of state, he expects it would be an easy A. What he didn't expected is someone on the other side...
751 38 23
- "𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦, 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦." 𝑺𝒚𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒂 𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒕 𝒙 𝑬𝒅𝒅𝒊�...
15.9K 970 27
❝ᴡʜʏ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʜɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜɪs ғʀᴏᴍ ᴍᴇ, ᴇʟ? ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ, ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴇʟᴘᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏᴏɴᴇʀ! ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ "ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴅᴏɴᴛ ʟɪᴇ"?❞ ❝ᴘ-ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ғᴏʀɢ...