TROUBLE - peaky blinders

By -WINEAUNT

TROUBLE ━━━━━━━ (shelby sister!oc x peaky blinders) Peaky Blinders, season one - six ━━━━━━━ IN WHICH, Clara... More

epigraph
graphic gallery
graphics gallery ii
prologue
ACT ONE
01. the enigma at hand
02. sweet shops and stables
03. new friends and family foes
04. the terrible tale of truth
05. in sickness and in health
06. ickle, wickle idealism
07. thievery and triumph
08. the (not so) miracle of child birth
09. family first?
10. breathe out.
11. it does not define you
12. amidst the walls
13. with every shadow comes a light
14. for your thoughts?
15. we reap what we sow
16. an ode to the wild spirits
ACT TWO
17. burials and bloody chickens
18. revolvers and revelations
19. the scars will fade
20. do we dare?
22. hangover horrors
23. horseshows and childlike woes
24. nobody but you.
25. what if..?
26. this dream isn't feeling sweet.
27. lamentable london
28. a thing with feathers
29. what is real? (what is not?)
30. payday panic
31. the past is not so far behind us
32. not yet a corpse, but still i rot.
33. it's a man's world (but a woman's life)
34. we are but mice amongst monsters
ACT THREE
35. to have and to hold
36. joy and woe are woven fine
37. live fast, die young
38. all in a days work
39. look like th'innocent flower
40. two ghosts in the place of you and me
41. i felt a funeral in my brain.
42. who told lies and was burned
43. deep go your roots and high rise your flowers
44. the moon is the window to the soul
45. to be right is a concept entirely subjected to opinion.
46. the woe of not forgetting
47. i did something bad.
48. play with fire, bound to get burned
49. the ruined remains
50. liars and lost causes
51. what we stay alive for
52. the lament of Clara Shelby
53. a simple truth (through the looking glass)
54. seven, eight, nine,
55. Only sinners feel the betrayal of a ghost
ACT FOUR
56. the undelivered word
57. leave the past where it belongs.
58. all good things must come to an end
59. the clock still ticks.
60. all the unspent love i have for you
61. cursed to hold a weight you can't bare

21. sadists and sprinting sisters

8.8K 381 204
By -WINEAUNT

IF POLLY GRAY HAD CAUGHT CLARA SHELBY in this position, she'd surely get a beating. The girl spat to the side as she shook her head, her hair loosely tied back, strands falling into her face. She adorned a simple pair of trousers and an undershirt, a lazy grin sported on her face. Her fists were in front of her as Will circled the ring. He had stripped himself of his shirt and undershirt—quite like every boy and man in the gym.

Yep, Pol would beat Clara if she caught her.

The girl wasn't even supposed to be in here, but who was to say no to a Shelby? Clara smirked as Will lunged forward, stepping as he threw a punch towards her face. The girl ducked, hitting him in the stomach.

"Oh, c'mon, Clarke...you're better than that." she teased, wiping hair out of her eyes.

"Piss off, Shelby," Will chuckled, gritting his teeth, as he pushed forward, catching her around the waist. The two tumbled to the floor, laughter ringing out as the girl shoved the boy off of her, scrambling to her feet as the boy did the same.

"That's no way to treat a 'lady'," Clara mocked.

"If you're a lady then I'm the bloody king of England." He snorted, the girl jolted forward, catching him 'round the cheek. She winced as she withdrew her fist. Just as she went to speak, a fist slammed into the side of her cheek.

"Oi, you two, times up!" A man called out, as Finn and Isaiah approached them.

"I guess it's even then," Clara shrugged, ducking under the ropes around the ring.

"I got last hit," Will defended, pulling on his undershirt as the girl shrugged on her shirt. "That means I win."

"I beg to differ!"

"Just admit you lost, Shelby,"

"Never."

The girl rolled her eyes as Will sling an arm over her shoulder, watching as Finn and Isaiah began to fight.  Clara took out the packet of cigarettes she'd stolen from John, placing one between her lips before Will offered her the flame he'd used to light his own. The girl lit the cigarette, inhaling the smoke, letting it travel before exhaling, her eyes trained on the ring.

"Come on. Come on." The trainer shouted, overlooking the two boys. King Maine owned the establishment and turned a blind eye for the Shelby girl, but my god was he a pain. Finn had been taking offence, his fists thumping against Isaiah. "Call yourself a Shelby? Fucking hit him, Finn!"

Clara rolled her eyes at King Maine, glancing at a scoffing Will who had also seemingly caught the remark.

"C'mon, Finn!" Clara encouraged with a smirk, watching as her younger brother punched Isaiah straight in the nose. "That's it!"

"All right, Isaiah, your turn." King Maine instructed, puffing on his cigar.

"Finn! Call yourself a Shelby?" The man questioned, as Isaiah rapidly paced his attacks. "Fucking hit him, for fuck's sake! Hit him."

"I'll bloody hit you," Clara hissed lowly, her remark only being heard by Will, who tightened his grip on her shoulder in case she tried to lunge forward. A sudden and loud shout rang through the gym, causing Clara's head to snap behind her. Her eyebrows scrunched together as Arthur slammed a boy to the floor.

She rushed over to the ring behind, her eyes wide as Arthur got lost in himself, hitting the unconscious boy over and over again. His knuckles were blazed red with blood, as men around her rushed to hold back the infuriated Arthur. The girl could only stand and stare at the body, her eyes glancing between her rabid older brother and the unmoving figure. The boy on the floor was young, recognisable and barely older than her.

She felt Finn and Isaiah looking over her shoulder and with a quick push, she'd turned Finn around, trying to force him to look away, but his gaze had already locked on the boy. Clara pressed an exasperated hand to her forehead as her eldest brother yelled and struggled against the hold of the men holding him back. By the body, a man had taken the boys pulse, his head was shaking and it could only mean one thing.

"Fuckin' hell, Arth..."

"WHAT A BRILLIANT MORNING, DON'T YOU THINK?" Clara huffed in annoyance, puffing out a cloud of smoke as she sat on the bench in John's office. Her voice was edged with venom. Her fingers pinched her nose as she straightened up. Finn and Isaiah sat beside her, their eyes trained on the floor in anticipation as they processed what had happened. The three sat in Arthur's barren office, where John had them dumped in. By the time they'd arrived back at the den, word had already reached Watery Lane.

Arthur had killed a man.

"Fuck," Clara laughed spitefully, her head shaking as she took another drag of her cigarette. "Not a moment of peace in this bloody family is there, Finny boy?"

"Shut up, Clara." The boy said quietly, his eyes still on the floor. The girl rolled her eyes, looking behind her, locking eyes with Tommy as he glanced over towards the office. Clara cursed quietly, stubbing out her cigarette with the toe of her boot, kicking the remains under the bench. She sat back against the wall, her head held high as her brother opened the door and swiftly closed it behind him.

Tommy shoved his hands into his pockets, standing opposite the three with a sigh. "Alright, what happened?" He asked, looking expectedly at all three.

"It was a fair fight," Finn answered, causing Clara to bite back another laugh of disbelief.

"Yeah. Arthur just caught him with a good 'un." Isaiah chimed in. Tommy's eyes moved to Clara who was merely staring at him with a straight face. Seeing that she wasn't going to answer, Tommy pushed himself off the wall and stepped closer to the three.

"I saw the body, don't fucking lie to me." He spoke, his voice dangerously low. "I saw the body, what fucking happened?"

"I'm not family, I'm saying nothing," Isaiah remarked, causing Tommy's gaze to land on Clara who remained silent.

"Clara, what happened?" He gritted.

"I don't think you wanna know what I saw." She answered coldly. Tommy's jaw clenched before he moved onto Finn. The boy glanced towards Clara before letting out a reluctant huff.

"Arthur...He's blown a few times lately. Six, seven. It's like he's not there in the head." Finn explained slowly, "He can't even hear 'stop'. Even his own name...and then he cries."

"Right, listen to me," Tommy instructed, raising his finger. "That's two fucking stories. Your brother killed a boy. There were witnesses, there will be questions, get your story straight. It was an accident. Fuck off."

The three stood up from the bench, Finn and Isaiah left but the girl lingered closing the door after the two boys. Tommy raised an eyebrow at her, as she stood with her hands clenched in her pockets.

"The boy...the one that's dead. Brian Colbert." She stated. "I recognised him. He was two years above me in school."

"Clara, leave...get out."

"No, Arthur killed that boy. It was not a fair fight, Arthur did not just 'catch him with a good 'un'." She spat, "He was a boy. Barely two years older than me!"

"I won't say it again," Tommy seethed.

"And neither will I, Arthur needs help, Tom, you didn't see him after. And this isn't the first time. A few weeks ago he beat the shit out of another man, who I was told was taken away in buckets." Clara's fists clenched even tighter. "I watched my brother kill someone not that much older than me. You may be used to that, Tom, but Finn saw it and so did the entirety of that gym. Arthur needs bloody help."

"They won't report it and Finn's a man." Tommy dismissed,

"Hardly!" Clara boiled, "If you can't see a problem here, then I'm assuming you're thick, which I know you're not, which means you know of the problem and you're choosing to ignore it." Tommy pinched his nose in frustration, counting to ten as he shifted on his feet. "Only sadists can sit back and watch that happen. So...are you a sadist or are you thick? Because I can't decide."

"I said, fuck off, Clara!" Tommy finally snapped, his temper overtaking him as he slammed his hands down on the desk. "The boy had a weak heart, leave it at bloody that." He rounded the desk, his fingers digging into her shoulder as he pushed her back and towards the door. "I already have enough fucking problems on my plate, I don't need you to bloody add to it. No more of it. Shut your trap and if you're that concerned, keep it to yourself—get out."

Clara scoffed, hiding the wince from his fingers digging into her shoulder. "Sadist it is then." She sneered, breaking free of her older brothers grasp and slamming the office door behind her.

Perhaps if it were two years ago, the girl would've sat back and given the same feeble excuse Isaiah and Finn had mustered but, my god was she sick of it. She loved her family, in fact, she'd risk her life ten times over just to ensure their safety. The world wasn't fair and neither was life, but the way the Shelby's worked, 'fair' seemed to be an alien term.

She'd only recognised the boy as they'd taken him away. She hadn't known him, but Will had identified him almost immediately, they used to play soccer on the streets together as children. Clara squeezed her eyes shut, slowly unclenching her hands, revealing four crescent-shaped cuts along each of her palms. She shook her hands out as she slipped through the den.

Clara pitied Arthur, she knew the war affected him in ways she'd never understand. But she'd seen the look in his eye. He may not have intended to kill, but the ruthlessness in him craved satisfaction. The girl exited the betting den into number six, faltering as her eyes landed on Arthur in the living room. Without a second look, the girl grabbed a heavier coat and left the house, her mind set on going down to the Yard to diffuse her stress.

A WEEK AND A HALF HAD PASSED SINCE Arthur had killed the boy. The girl was dressed in a three-piece suit, one Aunt Pol had gotten tailored for her on her fifteenth birthday. 'Too old to be wearing cast offs', the woman had tutted as she presented the girl with the outfit. Clara swore it was love at first sight, and swore to make good use of it, but she saved it for certain occasions and until those occasions, she stuck to the comfort of cast-offs and the array of dresses gifted to her from Ada.

The girl was smoking a cigarette, her boots clattering against the gravel as Will spoke. The boy beside her was chatting away to Penny, as all three of them made their way to the Garrison's reopening. In front of them, six of the younger Peaky boys strolled along in a line. Finn had given out to her for walking so close to them, and the girl had laughed and merely sped up her pace. She watched as the boy in question veered off into number six, his head down as he opened the door and disappeared inside. Clara let out a small 'hmpf' before turning to face Will and Penny.

"I'm gonna go check on Finn," she told them, a smirk plastered across her face. "I'll meet you there, get me a good drink." The girl slipped inside number six, her cigarette still in hand as she waltzed towards the voices.

"The Garrison...the reopening of your pub." She heard Finn speak. "It's tonight."

"Tommy don't want me there."

Clara clocked Arthur's voice as she crept closer. The man had taken refuge in number six for the last week and a half, only disappearing during the day for a few hours before returning and conking it on the couch.

"It was Tommy who told me to get you," Finn huffed, "Says it's your name above that door, so you've got to be there."

Clara couldn't help but scoff, she hadn't spoken to Tommy since their little dispute. It wasn't like she was ignoring him but no attempt was made to speak to him...or acknowledge him, or look at him...maybe she was ignoring him. She hadn't decided yet.

"No..." Arthur disagreed, "No...look at me. I'm staying away. Go away. Get out."

Clara rolled her eyes and entered the room as Finn shifted on his heels. "We are looking at you, and you look like a bloody mess, Arthur." She scoffed, taking an inhale of smoke. "Come to The Garrison, it's your pub after all. Maybe you'll feel like shit, but you can't keep moping around here. You're like a ghost...and not a scary one...a miserable one."

"Leave me alone. Get out." The man sniffed. Clara shook her head, watching as Finn pulled out a seat from the table, sinking into it. He seemed a lot more put together than his older sister. He pulled out something from his pocket, hiding it in his hands.

"Sometimes, when we boys are feeling blue, this is what we do." Finn began, grabbing a wooden tray from the centre of the table. He revealed the blue bottle, and Clara went rigid.

"Finn...is that what I fuckin' think it is?" The girl hissed quietly, peering over the boy's shoulder as he shot her a glare.

"It's called Tokyo." Finn continued, ignoring his sister as he tapped the powder onto the tray. He reached out and snapped the blade off of his hat before crumbling the powder and forming it into a line. "It's good stuff, Arthur, it will help you."

"Or melt you," the girl muttered bitterly, taking another drag from her cigarette.

"For special occasions." Finn finished. He avoided the girl's eyes. Clara was no stranger to the powder— hell, she and Will had both used it, but that didn't mean she had liked it.

In fact, after she first took it, she felt glorious, like a bird. So she took a little bit more. She'd sworn if she reached high enough she'd touch the clouds. But then came to the drop. And she was no longer a bird. She was a girl, tumbling and falling back into the atmosphere, her mind itching to take more and more of the substance. Will had to practically carry her useless body home. She'd crashed at his house that night, and he'd watched her making sure her high completely deflated before sending her back home in the morning.

Clara had felt guilty. She didn't know why. She had no reason to be. She had craved more but the 'ick' of afterwards was off-putting and so she refused to use it...at least not as much as Will used it. She knew Isaiah had stocks of it hidden around his house, yet she'd never imagined Finn, of all people, to be doing it.

Clara watched in distaste as Arthur leaned down and sniffed up every last morsel of white powder, the remnants coating his nose. She watched his mood shift and perk up as he ran to get ready. The girl hit her younger brother 'round the head. Rolling her eyes at his excuses and before she knew it, the three were striding down the street, Arthur took the lead whilst Finn and Clara followed.

The man pushed open the doors with a jovial yell, his arms raised as he entered the pub. A wave of cheers ran through the building as he quickly jumped over the counter to man the drinks. The pub was packed with people, all of them laughing and drinking, enjoying their evening. Clara shook her head, her eyes scanning the room for Penny and Will. Her feet carried her through the pub, and she was soon slumped into a booth beside Penny. Her hand reached out and grabbed a whiskey, gulping it down without a second thought.

"Well, Hello again." Penny mused, turning to face the girl. "It's a pleasure to see you."

"I assure you, the pleasure's all mine," Clara teased, pulling out another cigarette, placing one in Penny's mouth as well. The blonde girl took the lighter from the girl's hands and lit her own before tending to Clara's. The Shelby girl smirked, shrugging off her coat as she leaned back into the seats.

She finally allowed herself to look around the refurbished pub, her eyes running over every last detail. "It's very gold," Will remarked, causing the girl to look over at him. "I guess your lot were leaning into the whole royalty thing, eh?" Clara shook her head, letting out a sudden laugh as a girl sidled up to Will, his face visibly growing red under the lights.

"Clara, two o'clock," Penny mumbled, sipping her drink. Clara tilted her head ever so slightly watching as Tommy walked towards them, placing an empty glass on the counter.

"Shit," she cursed lowly, grabbing another drink from the table in front of them as downing it. She didn't bother putting out her cigarette. She'd only just lit it and it'd be an awful waste.

"Clara," her brother greeted, as she rolled her head up to face him. He reached out and plucked the cigarette from her hand.

"That's wasteful y'know," she spoke, her voice unamused. "Paid money for those."

"No, you didn't."

"No, I didn't." The girl shrugged, folding her arms, not bothered to try to keep up a lie. "Polly's mad at ya."

"I know," her brother huffed, taking one of the drinks from the table. "No more whiskey tonight, eh?" The girl scoffed.

"Yeah, whatever, Tommy." Clara subtlety rolled her eyes. "Pol asked me if I knew where they were, I told her I didn't know what she was on about." Tommy raised a brow at her. "But then I found out she apparently visited you..."

"Up," he instructed, his eyes flitting around the table where people had begun to listen. The girl pushed herself to her feet, straightening out her waistcoat as she rolled up her sleeves. The two walked through the pub, reaching the secluded area in the back.

"I found one of them." Tommy started, lighting his own cigarette. "Her daughter's dead."

"So her dream was right."

"Her dream was right."

Clara's head lowered slightly. "Poor Pol," the girl whispered quietly, shaking her head. "And you won't tell her where her son is...why?"

"Because I won't," Tommy said bluntly, sitting down into a seat.

"Of course you won't," the girl laughed, she shoved her hands into her pocket. "Why even tell her if you're just gonna hide it from her? That's like dangling a bone in front of a dog, it's cruel."

Tommy leaned back into his seat, running a hand through his hair. "Gonna call me a sadist again?" He laughed spitefully.

"Depends on what you do next I suppose," the girl answered swiftly, "I'm going back out."

"Stay off the whiskey," he stated, earning an irritated huff from the girl as he avoided her narrowed eyes.

Clara rolled her eyes once more, leaving the secluded area and returning back to the booth where she sunk into the seat beside Penny. The blonde girl's fingers laced between Clara's, squeezing them ever so slightly before retracting. The Shelby girl mustered a small smile before taking a glass of gin from the table and swirling it.

Tommy had said to stay away from the whiskey...but he hadn't said anything about gin...

CLARA WAS LEANING AGAINST THE BACK OF her seat, her arm draped over the back as she brought her hand to her mouth along with a newly lit cigarette. Her mind was a field of fuzz, her vision swimming with every drag of her cigarette. She watched as Polly laughed with a man, occasionally sparing a moment to glare at Tommy.

"Ada!" The woman suddenly exclaimed, causing Clara's head to swivel towards the door where Ada had entered, Karl on her hip. The girl watched as Ada and Polly greeted each other and as Esme took Karl off of her sister. Clara took another swig of her drink, watching as Tommy and Ada weaved through the pub, inching closer and closer to where Penny, Will and Clara sat.

"Hello, Ada." John boomed, wrapping his arms around the girl tightly, causing her drink to spill.

"Hello, trouble, how're you doing?" Ada laughed, "Oh, you're spilling my drink!"

"Hey, Arthur, look who it is." John grinned, Clara took this as a signal to finally greet her sister. She let go of Penny's hand, (which she'd been unknowingly holding underneath the table), and stood to her feet, dusting herself off.

"Clara, sit back down," Penny whispered, her eyes wide at the girl's drunken state. Clara merely smiled and shoved her hands in her pockets, slowly and (not quite) steadily creeping towards her sister.

"No one can get through to her. Tell her I had no choice." Tommy spoke, his voice low, yet Clara heard it. "I appreciate this."

"Heard there was a London girl walkin' 'round here." The younger girl began as both Tommy and Ada turned to face her. "Thought I'd see for myself. Hi, Ada."

"Weasel," Ada held her arms open and Clara gladly entered the embrace, leaving into the stability. She didn't think the walls were meant to be moving the way they were. "Look at you!" A smug smile crossed the younger girl's face as she stumbled back.

"Ada!" Clara tiredly mused, struggling to hide her drunk state. "Where's the devil child?"

Ada laughed heartily, her head shaking. "I wish you'd stop calling him that." She huffed with a small smile before she lowered her voice. "Think it may be rubbing off on him."

"'S only the truth." The girl shrugged, her lips pulling into a bigger smirk. A hand was placed on her shoulder as Ada moved away. She looked up, meeting her brother's eyes as he stared expectedly, seeing through her guise.

"Thought I said stay off the whiskey?" He deliberated.

"But, it's a bloody party..." Clara whined, her cheeks flushed and her pupils wide as she glanced around, letting out a groan. "– and you said nothing about gin...Where's Will gone off to? I need to tell him to let me stay at his."

"And why would you stay at his house?" Tommy questioned.

"Because I don't wanna go home alone."

Tommy's eyebrows shot up. "And why not?" He asked.

"Have you seen Penny? I wanna go dancing." She sniffed, whipping her head around. "And it's raining, did you see? Maybe I should go outside."

Clara felt exhilarated, maybe she'd go for a run. Maybe go to the Yard and go for a ride with Cannon. Oh, how she missed her horse.

Tommy had to refrain from laughing at his younger sisters inebriated state. She was still talking. He wasn't sure what about exactly, but it was the most he'd heard her talk in almost two weeks. He shook his head, every angry thought being shaken away at the realisation that she'd suffer the consequences of her actions in the morning. While she still babbled, he guided her towards the table where Esme, Finn, Isaiah, and John all sat with drinks in hand.

Tommy forced the girl into a seat between Finn and John. He was saying something, but it fell on dead ears as Clara stared at Karl in Esme's arms. She stuck her tongue out at the baby as its face screwed up. The girl folded her arms, sitting back in her seat, her head tilted back in boredom. As she went to stand two hands clamped down on her shoulders keeping her in the seat.

"'s cold!" She moaned as John and Finn lifted their hands. "Needa get my coat."

"We'll get it when we leave," John dismissed, "Now, sit tight." The girl huffed, turning to face Finn who was snickering at her expense.

"You're an ugly sod." She observed, glaring at her younger brother. "You know, right? Surely someone would've told you by now?"

Finn's laughter turned to a scowl as they sat, whilst Isaiah shook with laughter. The girl sat, wiggling in her chair impatiently as the night wore on. People had begun to drunkenly stumble out of the pub doors, escaping off into the night with their loved ones. Clara, still in a drunken daze was shaken by John, as he held her coat out to her. She groaned as she shrugged it on, her energy levels spiking.

"We goin' home?" Clara asked, "I don't wanna go home!"

"And where do you want to go?" John questioned, his eyebrow quirking up. Clara's face blanched as she tilted her head.

"Outside." She concluded as she nodded her head firmly at her decision. "Yeah, let's go outside."

"Right," her brother huffed, his arm slinking around Esme's waist as Clara strolled towards the door. Finn and Isaiah followed cautiously, watching the girl as she pushed the doors wide open. "Oi, you two, watch 'er."

Clara's boots clattered against the gravel, her mind light and fluffy as she danced around the puddles lacing the road. The air was cold against her skin, her already rosy cheeks burning at the feeling. She took a deep inhale of air, allowing the crispness of the familiar smog to enter her lungs. Every sound was being muffled, her heart racing as her pace quickened. Finn and Isaiah walked side by side as they watched the girl stumble and dodge the puddles.

The girl glanced behind her, noticing that John was also keeping a close eye on her. She'd been drunk around her family once before this. That time had been tragic. Her family weren't even meant to know, but Clara could barely hide it.

It had been the day of the Leicester races, and the day of Will's birthday. Her brothers were out of town and the two teenagers merely craved a bit of fun, so they went to the Garrison. Unfortunately for them, once they were piss drunk, Clara's brothers ended up returning, catching the two in their 'heinous' act.

The girl giggled at the memory. The sound surprised the girl. She did not feel like a 'giggle' kind of person. Clara faltered in her tracks, her eyes darting towards her two brothers and Isaiah. It was a nice night. If she escaped them now, she could certainly go for a midnight ride on Cannon. The girl's lips drew into a smile, her eyes glinting mischievously under the moonlit sky.

Behind her, Esme had nudged John, her eyebrows scrunched as Clara remained in the same position. It was only when he grew closer to his sister, did he recognise the glint in her eyes and the suspicious and delirious smirk slithering across her face. The girl watched as he walked closer, his cigarette in hand, his eyes stern and fed up.

"Don't you dare," John warned. He'd seen this look on the girl's face far too many times when she was younger, especially when he had 'babysat' her and Finn before the war. It was the same look that had crossed her face near toy shops and confectionery stands in the markets when she was a child. "Clara, I swear to god!"

Clara laughed, slowly walking backwards, her face to John as she picked up the pace. She heard his loud voice, as Finn and Isaiah raised their eyebrows in confusion. The girl chanced another look back at her older brother, before taking off in a sprint down Watery Lane. She heard frustrated yelling behind her as she sprinted. Her infectious laughter echoed off the walls as her muscles worked to keep her moving. Her hair was being blown behind her, the air attacking her like sharp needles prodding her skin as she kept her speed. Behind her three pairs of footsteps stomped after her.

It was exhilarating.

It was times like this she was grateful for her gifted speed. She let out short breaths, pushing herself to run faster as the footsteps grew closer. Clara had her arms out, letting the wind whip her jacket backwards. The shouts from behind her had yet to cease, they just grew louder and louder.

Suddenly, a pair of arms latched around her middle, pulling her backwards, her feet lifting off the ground. Clara yelled, her smile wide as John huffed from behind her, his arms not daring to loosen.

"You caught me," she grinned, her hair messy and unkempt as her brother caught his breath.

"C'mon," John huffed, trying to move the girl but she stood still, digging her feet into the ground. Finn and Isaiah were rolling their eyes at the youngest Shelby girl, for having made them run. "Clara, c'mon, move it."

"I don't wanna go home!" She whined, "It's too quiet and it's so nice outside!"

"If you start moving, you can sleep at mine." The man bargained, "—but start moving." Clara suddenly let out a loud yawn.

"John, I'm tired!" She hummed, her body slowly shutting down as her older brother rolled his eyes.

"For fucks sake," John swore, lugging the girl over his back and stringing her arms around his neck. With an annoyed look, he turned to face Finn, Isaiah and Esme who watched the two in amusement. "Right, let's go."

Clara dozed in and out of reality, her head against his shoulder as his loose grip held firm on her legs. She only really opened her eyes fully when John placed her onto the sofa in his house, as Esme crept upstairs to check on the children. The girl mumbled incoherent words as she turned over, facing the back of the sofa, her eyes closed whilst John flung a blanket over her.

"Nighty night, John." She faintly whispered, instantly falling asleep against the soft fabric. John shook his head at the girl, turning off the lamp beside her before slinking upstairs to Esme and to bed.

HELLO YOU SEXY PEOPLE!

I AM BACK! Miss me? I know I missed you guys

So how is your Friday going?? If it's going good, I'm glad, if it's not going so good, I hope that this chapter brought you some sort of soft, fluff-filled joy!

I quite like this chapter, mainly because of how detached Clara is becoming from Tommy's rules and ways of doing things, I also love drunk Clara sm 😭

Anyways enjoy this visual of Clara in this chapter which I edited and I'll see you next week 😩🤝 (memes at bottom)

bonus meme:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 844 6
do i look like the kind of woman who dies? 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 peaky blinders: s1 tommy shelby x fem!oc time frame...
102K 1.5K 38
Nancy Shelby. She is the heart of the Shelby family. At just 7 years old, she seems to be the only person who can make Thomas Shelby smile a real smi...
463K 16.4K 43
𝐞𝐠𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤 | ❝ in a fight they're malicious, around each other, they melt.❞ ━━━ in which evelyn shelby falls for...
482K 9.5K 42
"She is kind, heart made of honey. He is reserved, the opposite of sunny. No one would ever think they would be together. But they are the moon and...