Try-Hard (BNHA x Male OC)

By silverowlbells

After a classmate tells Mizuno Jun his quirk is gross, the 15 year old just snaps. Now on the run from the po... More

1: You've Got The Trigger, Pull It
2: Introduce Us
3: A Fresh Start
4: Its Only The Beginning
5: Hard To Get
6: But Its Kinda Funny
7: Just Peachy
9: Night To Remember Pt. 1
10: Night To Remember Pt. 2
11: Those Were The Days
12: The Long Con
13: Deep Fake
14: This Wasn't Supposed To Happen
15: You're In Our World Now
16: Look At You
17: Where Are You?
18: Something's Up
19: Budget Cuts
20: Pace Yourself
21: A Conversation
22: Pleased To Meet You
23: Why Oh Why?
24: The Beginning Of The End
25: When The World Stops Spinning
26: When It Burns To The Ground
27: When All Is Said And Done
Epilogue-Will You Still Hold Me
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMT!

8: You Know What?

4.5K 249 39
By silverowlbells

"That's..." Toga said, her voice trailing off. 

"A lot of zeroes." Jun finished for her. No one denied it. "Fuck why did we ever spend time in Magne's tiny shithole when we had this much money?". 

Shigaraku scoffed. "Teacher did not leave us all this money to blow on a hotel." He said, still annoyed over the whole 'losing his mentor' thing. 

"With all due respect I don't think we could blow that much money even if we tried." Dabi interjected. The rest of the group had to agree. Shigaraki sighed heavily and closed the computer screen enough so that it no longer displayed the bank statement. 

"Now that finances are out of the way we have to make our next move." The leader announced. Everyone's attention was immediately drawn to him. It had been nearly a month since the kidnapping scheme had gone sideways. They were all itching to try again and keep going. Except Tomura of course, who was hesitant to do anything without the approval of his dear teacher. 

"The Shie Hassaikai has requested a few league members to help them secure the transport of an important asset. In return we will gain some more credibility and immunity to any of their future schemes that could affect us." He explained. Everyone nodded along. It made sense. "They only want three and I'll only be there for negations, not working directly with them. I was thinking Toga, Twice, Magne and Jun." 

The boy in question perked up at that. This would be his first real mission that didn't involve everyone. Usually he was just a delivery boy for the league and participated in the larger things. He was starting to think they only kept him around because he was the only person who knew how to work the new coffee machine. 

"When are we meeting them? I'm curious. I don't give a shit." Twice asked. Shigaraki smirked behind the hand.

"In 4 hours.".

 ---------- --------- -------- -------- -------- -------- -------- --------

The room was dark but clean. Jun had heard from Kurogiri that Overhaul was a neat freak. Maybe he would be fine with Jun wearing a mask. Most people got more hesitant to tell him anything when they were showing their face and he wasn't. Jun wished he could just start showing his face but Dabi kept convincing him against it. 

"These are you best?" Overhaul, the lanky man in the plague mask apparently, asked. Shigaraki gritted his teeth. 

"They are what you asked for." He replied. Jun scoffed behind his mask and Overhaul noticed. 

"Its not that I don't appreciate you helping us," He began, his tone condescending, "I just don't think that the least-shall I say-mentally stable members should be the ones you lend me.". Jun glared at the villain, wondering how he even knew anything about him. 

"I have eyes and ears everywhere." The yakuza replied, smirking at Jun, "You don't even need to ask the question for me to know. That lovely pink spray paint of yours left quite an impression on me.". Jun gritted his teeth. So he had been stalking them. Great. He also knew Toga and him had been painting around the city, which meant they knew all their regular hang out spots too. 

Creeps. 

So Jun decided to talk back. "So you're willing to stalk two random people but we're mentally unstable. Funny.". Overhaul clicked his tongue, like Jun was a student that had spoken without raising their hand. 

"I have a reliable team, that's all." Overhaul said, "It comes with being a yakuza.".  Now it was Jun's turn to act annoyed. 

He rolled his eyes. "Wow you're such a prick." He said, "Just cause I didn't get a sake shot from an old man doesn't mean I don't have a tight group.". 

Shigaraki smacked his arm so subtly Overhaul didn't even notice. It was the usual signal for 'stop running your big dumb mouth and shut the hell up'. Jun obliged. 

"You've got quite the brat on your hands Shigaraki." Overhaul said, pulling out a bottle of hand sanitizer and using it as if Jun's mere presence had soiled him. It wasn't something new to Jun, everyone found him gross, but it also didn't heighten his opinion of the yakuza. 

"His attitude isn't what's important." Shigaraki said, smartly changing the topic. "What about this amazing quirk you boast about? Is it really as revolutionary as you say?". Overhaul smirked, taking several steps towards the league. 

"Let me show you." He said, his eyes landing on Magne. Jun's heart lurched. He moved to intercept the contact, his quirk already forming on his arms, but Toga grabbed his shirt and pulled him back. 

In a flash it was like Magne disappeared. Like she ceased to exist. Jun fell backwards this time. His head swam. Did he just watch someone die? What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. 

He retched, dry heaving a little. Toga didn't even flinch, pulling Jun's mask down and angling his face away from the yakuza. He didn't end up throwing up, but it was a close call. 

"I could do what I did to him to anyone." Overhaul smiled. 

"Her." Toga and Twice said at the same time. "Don't forget that." Himiko finished. Overhaul just shrugged them off. 

Shigaraki looked around the room, taking note of the sudden hostile environment. "Lets finish this quickly." He said, glancing at Jun's doubled over form, trying not show how worried he felt. 

"Of course." Overhaul replied, putting his glove back on. 

And so the meeting continued. Jun heard every word, every plan, every anecdote but he couldn't believe his ears. Shigaraki was going to continue with the deal.

 ---------- --------- -------- -------- -------- -------- -------- --------

The moment they stepped through the doors of the new hideout, Jun spun around and looked Shigaraki in the eyes. The man was only an inch taller than him and yet he seemed to tower over the teen. Jun ignored his nerves, ready to say what he was thinking. 

"Why the fuck are you going through with this?!" He shouted. "They killed Magne! And you just fucking let him!". 

Shigaraki sighed heavily. "That's how this world works." He replied, "This will benefit us, therefore we have to let them have a little leeway.". 

"Fuck that!" Jun exclaimed, outraged. "How can you be so okay with this? I thought you were our leader! Leaders should be as loyal to their group as their group is to them!". 

Toga put a hand on Jun's shoulder and pulled him back gently. Shigaraki glowered at the teen. "You're right, I am your leader and as the leader I get the last say in how things go. If you're going to keep disrespecting me and making a fool out of yourself you can quit the mission.". 

"Fine." Jun said. He walked into the kitchen without even taking his shoes off and grabbed the keys to Magne's apartment. She had left a set there in case of emergencies. He walked right past Toga and Twice, ignoring their protests as he ran out into the street. 

He pulled the black face mask back up as he stormed off. How could they be that okay with everything? How could they accept it? Magne was gone. 

Just the thought made neon pink tears prick in his eyes but he didn't let them fall. 

 ---------- --------- -------- -------- -------- -------- -------- --------

They all expected him to come crawling back the next day but he refused. It was about a week before Jun even considered it. He had the only set of keys to the apartment now since the other set had been on Magne's person when she died. 

Dabi and Toga started showing up in the morning, knocking on the door and leaving snacks. He wasn't mad at them, but at the same time neither one of them seemed disturbed by Magne's sudden death. Toga had witnessed the whole thing and just been fine with it. 

He got it. Death was a normal part of their lives and had been for a while now. But he was still new and as much as he had gone headfirst into things like casual violence and trying to kill the no.1 hero, he just couldn't deal with his friend's dying. 

Somewhere in the couch cushions his phone buzzed. Jun groaned and checked the notifications, prepared for Kurogiri to be hounding him about eating properly. 

But it wasn't. It was an unknown number. 

'Some idiot wants to ask you a fucking question'

Jun tilted his head to the side, confused. 

'Who is this?' He typed back. The reply was instant. 

'Stop asking questions snot rag. Just tell me if you'll answer or not'. 

'Katsuki?' He asked. Jun's heartrate picked up. He had slipped the boy his number during the Kamino incident right before he was rescued. Honestly it was more for his own amusement than anything else but apparently whatever problem Katsuki had it was worth the humiliation of asking the enemy for info. 

'Stop calling me by my first name asshole' Katsuki typed back. 'Do you know anything about the Shie Hassaikai? I don't want some wishy washing fucking answer'. 

'The Shie Hassaikai? Well that depends...' Jun typed back, a grin on his face. 'Depends on what fuckface?' Katsuki typed back. 

'Depends on if you're willing to meet up in person. XXX street, tomorrow night' Jun typed out. 'Dress up and bring whoever wants to ask the question along' 

'Unless its just you and you were embarrassed' He added as an afterthought, just to drive Katsuki up the wall. 

Oh this was the perfect distraction. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Is anyone else like incredibly fatigued? Seriously I can't even stand up. 

I probably just have a medical problem but uk always good to get a second opinion. 

SO....Bakugou asking Jun for something huh? I wonder what that's about. 

Stay tuned to find out! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 765 31
I know recent events in the anime aren't doing well. But... I'm still doing this fanonic idea! Dabi is remembers something about 1a. They are teens...
55.3K 1.8K 38
*Completed* ~ "You're late, bird." "Y-yeah, I got distracted." "With what?" "Hero stuff- you know, you gotta keep up appearances!" ~ Kenji Takahashi...
134K 6.2K 19
The League of Villains has all bases covered in preparation for their attack on the training camp. Except one, medical care. However their leader soo...
82.9K 2.2K 13
Requested + Completed. I don't support this ship anymore This is a Dabi x Deku story. This happened during forest training camp, except, there's a li...