Mask || BTS Demon!AU

By ACupOfTae136

"You can't do this," Yoongi said through gritted teeth. His muscles were aching and he wished to smash the de... More

Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~

~13~

93 8 3
By ACupOfTae136

It was around eleven in the evening when the six BTS members walked into their house, all of them exhausted from the day. Their muscles were aching and all they wanted to do was sleep.

Well, most of them. Taehyung and Jungkook somehow had energy left for days, and they had agreed that they would play games in Jungkook's room because Jungkook was the only one who didn't have a roommate.

"We should play in a team this time," Taehyung grinned excitedly, his boxy grin contagious.

Jungkook grinned back. "Nice. We'll level up in no time."

Jungkook told Taehyung to wait in his room because he wanted to take a shower first. The other members usually let Jungkook go first and waited in the living room, so he didn't bother asking. It was usually the first thing he did as he got home.

When he reached the bathroom, the door was opened and the light was on. Jungkook looked inside and saw Yoongi standing in front of the mirror, looking like he was about to put contact lenses in.

That was odd, who put contact lenses in after showering in the evening? Before bed?

"Hi hyung, we're back! What are you—"

Yoongi's head snapped at Jungkook so fast that Jungkook gasped, jumping back a little. He laughed to cover up his gasp, but he went quiet when he looked at Yoongi's eyes.

They were yellow.

Before putting the contacts in.

Jungkook gulped. He'd heard multiple times now that the demon Yoongi had been seeing had yellow eyes. Taehyung had told him so, and even Jimin had seen the yellow eyes. It didn't mean anything good that Jungkook now not only saw them too, but also that the yellow colour was in Yoongi's eyes.

"Hyung, your eyes, they are—"

"Jungkook, don't speak," Yoongi said harshly. "I'll explain everything to you in a moment, alright? Let me just put these in..." he added, before quickly putting the contact lenses in his eyes.

Jungkook was unsure of what to do, so he just stood there outside the bathroom, waiting for Yoongi to explain.

"Maybe I should go get one of the hyungs..." he mumbled softly, to which Yoongi snapped his head at him again.

"No. Don't you dare." he nearly growled. "I'm fine. Follow me."

Yoongi grabbed Jungkook's arm and pulled him through the hallway to the room he and Jin shared. Jin was in the living room, so Jungkook was alone with Yoongi. Usually, that would be alright. It would even be good, because none of them really wanted to leave Yoongi by himself these days.

But now, Jungkook wasn't so sure if it was good to be alone with Yoongi.

What did those yellow eyes mean? Why...why was Yoongi using brown contacts to cover them up? It made no sense!

"Sit down," Yoongi said as they entered the room. He closed the door and locked it, making Jungkook feel like he was going to faint. This was wrong. This was bad. Why would Yoongi lock the door? Was the secret that bad that he didn't want anyone walking in on him telling Jungkook? Was...was that why he locked it? Oh god, Jungkook hoped that was the reason and nothing else.

"Jungkook, sit down," Yoongi said again, but Jungkook wouldn't move, his eyes now locked on Yoongi's. They weren't yellow anymore – the contacts took care of that – but they sure as hell were looking rather odd.

"Hyung...what are you doing...?" Jungkook gulped. Yoongi was acting strange, his eyes seemingly darker than usual and fixated on Jungkook as he stalked closer.

"What do you mean, Jungkook-ah? I just want to help you relax, so sit down for me, alright?"

"Yeah, you're saying that, but you're looking at me as if you're going to punch me," Jungkook said, raising an eyebrow and taking a step back. "Did I make you angry? I didn't mean to, I was just worried and-"

Yoongi chuckled, his gummy smile showing. However, it wasn't as bright as usual. The dark aura he gave off made his smile look creepy. Wicked, even. Jungkook's throat tightened and he didn't dare finish his sentence.

"No, no you didn't. Don't worry about that, Jungkook-ah. Don't worry about anything. Just focus on relaxing. You've had a long day, haven't you? You want to lie down, don't you?"
Jungkook frowned, strangely captivated by Yoongi's words.

"I-I...I don't...you were supposed to explain...hyung what...what..." Jungkook trailed off, eyes locked on Yoongi's.

"I'll explain everything, Jungkook-ah. In due time. For now, just lie down. Go to sleep."

Yoongi stepped closer and softly pushed Jungkook's shoulders down, making him sit on the edge of the bed. Jungkook stared up at him, unable to look away.

"Hyung...I'm not tired...I should...Taehyungie-hyung...he's waiting..." Jungkook said, his voice nearly a whisper. He saw how Yoongi's eyes turned darker, pupils dilating ever so slightly. Why did that happen? Was that normal? Was his hyung sick?

"I know, I know." Yoong shushed him, putting a hand on top of his head as he sat down on the bed next to the maknae. "I'll tell him you suddenly felt exhausted. You do feel exhausted, don't you Jungkook-ah? You say you're not tired, but your eyes are drooping. You're so tired, Jungkook-ah."

Jungkook felt a strange pressure from Yoongi's hand, and indeed his eyes were closing. He was almost nodding off, but wasn't that strange? He'd felt fine just a moment ago, how could he suddenly feel so exhausted? So sleepy?

"Hyung I..." He mumbled, but it felt too tiresome to speak. It took too much energy, energy he felt drain from him by the second. Was Yoongi...doing that? No, he couldn't do that, could he? He was just telling Jungkook the facts, the things he observed, that Jungkook seemed exhausted.

"Go to sleep, Jungkook-ah."

And he was out. His eyes closed and he drifted off to sleep so suddenly that he fell sideways onto Yoongi's lap.

Yoongi smirked. Jungkook wouldn't be bothering him for a while.

He hoisted up the unconscious boy and laid him down on the bed. He was even nice enough to cover him with the blanket.

Yoongi wasn't worried that Jungkook had seen his yellow eyes. He wouldn't remember it once he woke up, after all. He would only remember feeling sleepy...then tired...then exhausted, and Yoongi being there for him to put him to bed.

Yoongi mentally patted himself on the back. He'd reacted quickly and efficiently, and even got the chance to take some of the boy's energy. It had been so easy, way easier than he thought with the maknae. Easy and delicious...

He couldn't take too much...oh no, that would kill the boy. But he'd been hungry...so hungry...especially after playing with his captive back in the tunnels...

Yoongi felt wide awake now that he'd replenished his energy, and he debated what he should do. Going to bed was no good...not with all that energy coursing through his veins keeping him up...maybe he should've played with Jungkook some more, dragged it out a little longer.

He sighed at his quick dealing with the situation. It was no fun. Maybe he should scare someone else...make them cry...make them scream...

He shook his head. No, he couldn't be too obvious. His fun playing Yoongi would be cut short too early if anyone noticed and he'd have to kill them already. He didn't go through all the effort only to have this body for just a few days.

He could enjoy feeding off of their fear, though...their energy...just like he'd done with Jungkook. These boys were all so deliciously easy to scare, but he had to be careful with the eldest three. The fact that they didn't believe the younger members was really helpful in keeping up the façade. If half of them didn't believe a demon could even exist, they would never find out the truth.

However, if Yoongi went and scared those three, they would start to believe as well and the fun would be over too soon. He couldn't have that. He'd just have to make do with the maknaes...

"Jungkook-ah, are you here?"

Taehyung's voice was soft and muffled through the door, but Yoongi could hear it loud and clear. He walked to the door and quietly unlocked it before opening it.

"He's asleep," Yoongi whispered. "He suddenly felt exhausted."

Taehyung pouted, looking rather disappointed. "Ahw man...alright. Why's he in your bed, though?"

Yoongi chuckled softly and shrugged. "Kid can sleep anywhere, hm?"

Taehyung smiled at that, before he looked at Yoongi's occupied bed thoughtfully. Where would Yoongi sleep if Jungkook was in his bed?

"You can sleep in his bed," Taehyung said softly, "but maybe it's best if you don't sleep on your own, hyung. With the nightmares and all."

Yoongi waved it off and walked into the hallway, closing the door to the bedroom. "I'll be fine, really—"

"No, it's best if you have a roommate." Taehyung interrupted quickly. He'd seen what could happen if Yoongi was asleep and on his own. He'd seen the demon, so he wouldn't let Yoongi sleep by himself if he could help it. "I'll ask Namjoon-hyung if you can sleep in his bed and he can sleep in Jungkook's bed."

"Why don't you take Jungkook's bed?" Yoongi asked.

Taehyung snickered. "I don't suppose you want to sleep next to Namjoon-hyung. I can put up with his snoring, but you won't shut an eye, I'm sure."

Yoongi laughed softly, mentally already getting excited about this chance. "No, you're right. Alright then."

It was easy to convince Namjoon to sleep in Jungkook's room. He was a kind leader and understood the situation right away. That, and he knew about his snoring and he didn't want to bother Yoongi with it. His hyung already had a hard time sleeping; he didn't want to add to that.

Taehyung stayed up for a little longer, gaming a little on his own, but he had enough of it after an hour or so and went back to his bedroom.

Yoongi was already in Namjoon's bed, but he wasn't asleep yet. Taehyung didn't know it, but Yoongi had been waiting for him.

"Hi, hyung," Taehyung said sleepily when he saw Yoongi was still awake and on his phone, before letting out a long yawn. He lay down in bed and unlocked his phone, scrolling through Weverse. It was fun to read all the messages from the fans. Some even took pictures of their sky because they knew he liked that. It made him feel connected to them.

"Taehyung."

Taehyung let out a yelp when he heard his name, his phone falling from his hands. He didn't have a bad conscience or anything, the voice had just come from very, very close to him all of a sudden.

When he looked up, Yoongi was standing next to his bed. He startled again, freezing in his spot on his bed.

"Hyung, jeez, you scared me."

Yoongi smiled his gummy smile and Taehyung chuckled. "What's it?"

"I wanna cuddle."

Now, alarm bells should've been ringing in Taehyung's head, because honestly, when was the last time Yoongi had wanted to cuddle? Let alone with him, the living teddy bear.

But Taehyung was just too happy to think about that, because yay! Hyung wanted to cuddle! That was a good thing, right? Especially since he'd been rather distant these days.

"Hyung wants to cuddle? Aigoo, that's new~." Taehyung cooed softly, followed by another chuckle.

"Well, are you going to let me? It's a one-time offer," Yoongi said, to which Taehyung scoffed.

"You are the one standing there because you want to cuddle, not me."

Yoongi let out a huff. "Just scoot over."

Taehyung smiled happily and made room for Yoongi on the bed. He was sitting upright, back against the headboard, and Yoongi sat down next to him, leaning against his shoulder.

"What were you reading?" Yoongi asked.

"Just some Weverse posts," Taehyung said, a smile still on his face. "I asked ARMY to post pictures of their pets. Look, they all have such cute pets! This dog looks like Holly, doesn't it? How's Holly doing lately? Oh- this one looks like Yeontan! Woah, they could be siblings for sure and—"

Taehyung's breathing hitched when he felt a sharp pain in his arm. He looked down at it and saw that Yoongi had grabbed his arm. He was squeezing it real tight, but...but his hands...they were almost claws.

"Hyung?!" Taehyung gasped, panic rising to his throat.

He tried to shuffle away from Yoongi, but the grip on his arm was deathly and he could only get as far as his arm let him.

Meanwhile, Yoongi was staring at him with his gummy smile. But Taehyung saw it. He saw how Yoongi's teeth were a little sharper than usual, he saw how his pupils widened, making his eyes look nearly black.

"Don't be scared, Taehyungie~." Yoongi cooed with that smile on his face. The smile that Taehyung and everyone usually adored, but now it made him feel beyond uncomfortable.

"W-What's going on?" Taehyung breathed out. He pulled at his arm, but Yoongi wasn't letting go. It hurt to move his arm; he even feared that the...the claws...that they were drawing blood; they were digging into his skin even through his pajamas.

"I just wanted to cuddle," Yoongi said innocently, an obviously fake pout forming on his lips. "You shouldn't be moving away if I want to cuddle."

"But you're hurting me!" Taehyung exclaimed. "Let go, hyung!"

Yoongi's pout was replaced by a glare and he slammed his other hand over Taehyung's mouth. "Stop being so loud, kid, someone might hear you."

Taehyung frowned back and pushed Yoongi's hand away. His brain was going full speed trying to figure out what was going on. He stared at Yoongi, who only seemed to move closer to him. "Y-You're not in your right mind, hyung, stop this," he said, his voice much lower than before and now shaking ever so slightly.

"C'mon Taehyungie, relax," Yoongi said, putting his other hand on Taehyung's shoulder and digging his nails just as hard.

Taehyung winced and tried to push Yoongi off of him, but the grip was so tight that he would definitely rip his arm and shoulder if he pulled away forcefully.

"Ow, hyung, stop," Taehyung said, tears of pain pooling in his eyes, "w-why are you hurting me?"

"Oh? Am I hurting you?" Yoongi replied just as innocently as before. "Then maybe I should help you relax..."

Taehyung almost lost it when he heard how Yoongi's voice sounded distorted...as if it was not his own. He shook his head wildly, squeezing his eyes shut, terrified of how dark Yoongi's eyes were turning. "No, no! No, hyung, you're not yourself, go away!"

"Look at me!" Yoongi barked.

"No!" Taehyung exclaimed, and in a surge of bravery he kicked Yoongi off of him, letting out a painful scream when he felt his skin being ripped by Yoongi's...b-by his claws...fuck it hurt...

Taehyung jumped off the bed and bolted for the door, hearing Yoongi let out an almost animal-like growl. He was quick to run into the hallway, but he wasn't sure what to do next. Everyone was already asleep...who should he wake first? He had to wake someone, at least!

"Jungkook! Hyungs! Yoongi-hyung is—"

Before he could continue his yelling, a hand was clasped over his mouth and an arm brought to hold him by the throat, quickly pulling him back, back...back...all the way back to his room. His yelling was muffled, but he didn't stop. He tried to make as much noise as possible until he was thrown onto the floor and the door was locked behind him.

His head hit the floor, making him feel dizzy, but he pushed himself into a sitting position. He stared past Yoongi at the lock on the door.

No biggie, I can unlock it again, Taehyung thought to himself, panting as if he had just performed an entire dance routine. He just had to get past Yoongi and he would be able to unlock it.

"You had to go and scream, huh?" Yoongi scoffed. "Usually I like it when they scream...but now, you might've woken up the entire house..."

Taehyung wasn't confused anymore. He understood that this wasn't Yoongi, that something had taken over him. This must've been the demon's doing, there was no other explanation!

"L-Leave me alone," he said as firmly as he could, crawling backward until his back hit his bed. God his head was still hurting, he prayed he didn't have a concussion. Yoongi had used a lot of force when he threw Taehyung on the ground...since when was Yoongi this strong?

Yoongi chuckled. "Now why would I do that?"

Taehyung gulped. He didn't know what the demon wanted, whether he wanted to just hurt him or go further and even kill him. He feared the worst...he didn't want to die...he...he really didn't...oh God...was he going to die? He didn't...he had to...what about-

Taehyung was starting to hyperventilate, and somehow Yoongi saw that as the right moment to stalk closer to the scared boy.

"If you make another noise, I'll give you the worst nightmares you've ever had."

Taehyung swallowed the scream that had been ready to echo through the room. Yoongi was saying that with a smile on his face, as if...as if he enjoyed scaring Taehyung.

"Y-You have to leave hyung alone," Taehyung stuttered instead.

"You really are smarter than you look," Yoongi snickered, though he gave Taehyung a mildly impressed look. "Figured it out, didn't you? Good...good~. You look deliciously scared now that you know."

A smirk formed on Yoongi's face and Taehyung wanted to scream, he wanted to scream so bad, but he was afraid of what would happen if he did. The door was locked...the demon would kill him before anyone would be able to even enter the room.

Yoongi stopped his slow tread when he was in front of Taehyung. He looked down at the boy and his bleeding arm and shoulder. He'd have to take care of that somehow.

"Now, back to where we left off," he said.

Taehyung didn't understand what he meant. He didn't know what he had planned before, so what exactly was it where they left off? Hurting him? Killing him?

"No...no, hyung...hyung come back, please." Taehyung pleaded softly, tears in his eyes when Yoongi pulled him up to his feet by his hair and pushed him down on the bed with the force of a hundred men. Taehyung tried pushing him off again, he really did, but Yoongi seemed to be a completely different person, not just in personality but also in strength.

"Relax, Kim Taehyung. I'll help you...I'm taking all this fear of yours...all this delicious fear..."

Yoongi stood by the side of the bed, still pressing Taehyung to it, holding his head firmly and with his other hand pressing down on his chest so he wouldn't move.

But with all that sudden strength, it felt like Taehyung couldn't breathe. Yoongi's hand pressing on his chest felt like tons of bricks squeezing his airway shut. Taehyung was gasping for air at first, but his breathing calmed down – and not of his own accord. He was confused, tried to tilt his head up to see better what Yoongi was doing.

And then he saw it.

He wasn't sure if he understood what was happening, but he had a vague idea.

His anxiety, nervousness, fear...it almost looked like...like all of those emotions were being drained from his chest and swallowed by Yoongi's hand, somehow traveling...traveling up Yoongi's arm...his veins darkening...Taehyung's terrified emotions somehow darkening Yoongi's eyes even more.

It seemed to take hours before Yoongi finally stopped pressing down on his chest, but he didn't jump up and try to run. He just lay there, feeling oddly calm as he stared at Yoongi.

"You have a lot of anxiety, kid. Damn, that was good." Yoongi breathed out, feeling thrilled. He was ecstatic, even. This boy had given him over a week's supply of fear, and Yoongi felt alive. "Now...those nightmares I was talking about..." he smirked evilly, his hand that had gripped Taehyung's hair resting on the boy's forehead.

"I-I didn't scream," Taehyung squeaked, fear already coursing through his veins again.

That was fast, Yoongi thought delightfully.

"I never said anything about screaming...you weren't supposed to make any noise, sweetheart. Let's put you to sleep now, shall we?"

"No- no, I don't want to," Taehyung said, the fight coming back to him slowly. He struggled to get Yoongi's hand off his forehead, but it wouldn't budge.

And thenhe made the mistake of looking into Yoongi's eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.3K 1.7K 43
First and foremost I do now own bighit or any of the members of BTS! This is a horror fan fiction so if you're sensitive to blood, gore or other...
2.4K 216 32
" Date my best friend " " My ideal type is my best friend " " Why don't you date him? " " Min Yoongi is my best friend " Linta & Yoongi are best fri...
1.2K 51 72
The younger one has told himself multiple times that he won't fall in love again, but he has second thoughts about this one. The other one just looks...
95.3K 4.5K 29
| COMPLETED | | WILL SOON UNDERGO EDITING | "Will you just go back to hell? Or will I have to drag you there?" Yoongi whispers harshly but Jimin neve...