Darkness from Within #4: Fadi...

Door Cookieglitz

"You only go around once, kid. It's up to you to decide how you're going to spend it." In the aftermath of b... Meer

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Sneak Peek

Chapter 24

91 8 3
Door Cookieglitz

Wu turned as the front door opened and Cole stepped in.

"We're back," the black ninja announced.

Everyone rushed to meet them. Cole moved out of the way as Kai shuffled in after him, head drooping.

"There you are!" Garmadon exclaimed.

"What were you doing out there?" Jay questioned.

"Yeah," Nya added worriedly. "You could catch a cold being out so late!"

After Nya had said it, they noticed Kai was shivering. But the red ninja didn't respond to the questions as he swept past them and slumped onto a dining room chair, resting his chin on his hands.

As the others exchanged glances, Wu walked up beside Cole. "Did something happen?" he asked.

Cole shrugged. "I found him beside Lloyd," he began.

"Lloyd?" Wu exclaimed in disbelief.

"Look, I don't know what happened between them," Cole went on. "Maybe it was something Lloyd said."

Nya frowned and sat beside her brother. She wrapped a blanket over his shoulders as she saw him shiver again. "Are you okay, Kai?" she asked gently.

Kai gave a soft shrug. Nya gestured toward the others and they left the siblings alone to talk. She turned back to Kai when they were gone. "Tell me what happened," she coaxed.

Kai dragged his fingers over the table nervously. "Why can't I just let it go?" he whispered.

"Let what go?" Nya pressed.

Kai sighed. "Lloyd," he murmured. "Everyone else did—even Sensei Garmadon did. But I can't. Lloyd's actions still shock me." He looked at the ground. "And his words still hurt."

Nya laid her hand on his shoulder. "We're all still shocked about Lloyd," she said. "You're not alone, Kai."

Kai glanced sideways at her. "At least he doesn't hate you," he breathed. Then he rose to his feet and left the room.

Nya furrowed her eyebrows as she watched him leave. What has gotten into him? she wondered. Shaking her head, she got to her feet. Maybe he just needs some rest. He's had a long day.

But worry crept down her spine as she pondered what lay ahead for her brother and his shattered bond with Lloyd.

* * *

Ariana halted at Lloyd's door as she heard the unsteady patter of footsteps. She gave an exasperated sigh and pushed open the door.

Lloyd was limping around the room in an attempted pace and Ariana crossed her arms. "You're supposed to be resting your leg, not working it," she snapped.

Lloyd suppressed a hiss of frustration. "I don't need rest," he growled.

Ariana shut the door and came closer to him. "The more you rest, the faster you can get that elemental weapon," she argued. "Besides." She laid one hand on his shoulder and twirled the hair around his ear with the other. "You know I can't stand to see you weak."

Lloyd scoffed. "I'm not weak."

Ariana furrowed her eyebrows and gave Lloyd's bad leg a harsh kick. The green ninja gasped and stumbled on his feet. "Ow," he breathed. "Ow... ow..."

Ariana rolled her eyes and sat at the edge of his bed as he steadied himself again. "I rest my case."

Lloyd sighed and leaned over the windowsill, staring out into the sky. Ariana expected him to turn around again or say something, but he just stood there in silence. She frowned and walked up beside him. Glancing sideways at him, she saw his unblinking eyes deep with memories.

She laid her hand on his shoulder. "Hey, what's up?" she asked.

Lloyd shrugged softly.

Shaking her head, Ariana took a step back. She turned to leave when Lloyd asked, "Why did you do it?"

Ariana turned back to him, tipping her head. "Do what?" she inquired.

"I could've prevented myself from getting hurt again," Lloyd huffed. "I should've killed my father when I had the chance." His gaze turned back to her, eyes blazing. "But you stopped me. Why?"

Ariana took a deep breath and slowly turned her head toward the window. "You weren't the only one afraid during the battle," she admitted.

"Afraid?" Lloyd echoed. "What were you afraid of?"

Ariana took another deep breath before replying. "Afraid of you," she whispered.

Shock shot through Lloyd. He stumbled for a reply as his heart pounded in his chest. "Wh-wh-what?"

Ariana gazed back at him. "You were just so angry and—and violent and... I kinda got freaked out," she confessed.

Lloyd looked away as he pondered everything. "I-I didn't realize," he breathed. "W-was that the only time you were scared of me?"

Ariana shifted her feet. "I-I was scared you would take Joseph's side when he accused me," she went on quietly. "I wouldn't have known what to do if you turned on me."

Lloyd took a few deep breaths to calm himself. I never thought about it like that. He pressed his fingers against his head. How many other people have I frightened?

"Face it Lloyd, you're scary," Ariana murmured. "If you weren't on my side, I'd be terrified."

Lloyd tugged at his bangs. "I-I don't know what to say..."

Ariana turned her head toward him, a faint smirk on her face. "You could take it as a compliment," she said. "The scarier you are to your enemies, the better, right?"

Lloyd raised an eyebrow, a strange feeling of satisfaction swarming through him. "Yeah," he agreed. "I think I'm gonna like being feared."

Ariana gave him a nudge. "As long as you don't scare me again," she snickered. "Deal?"

"Deal?" Lloyd jerked in alarm as he suddenly remembered the deal he had made with Kai. He slapped his hand on his forehead. "Oh my God, the deal!"

Ariana stared at him as he started pacing. "What are you talking about?" she questioned.

Lloyd's breath quickened. "Nothing," he stammered. "I-I just made a deal and... I kinda lost it."

Ariana raised an eyebrow. "With the ninja?"

Lloyd ran his fingers through his hair. "What am I supposed to do?" he groaned. "There's no way I'm moving back to the monastery!"

A smug look appeared on Ariana's face.

Lloyd halted in his pacing when he realized it. "What?" he exclaimed.

"Don't you get it?" Ariana inquired. "You don't have to keep up your side of the deal."

Lloyd stared at her. "But a deal's a deal," he murmured regretfully.

"You're the bad guy now, Lloyd," Ariana chuckled. "The bad guy never goes through with the deal, you know that."

Lloyd blinked. He thought through everything and felt the beginning of a smirk on his face. Those ninja are going to have to try harder than that to win me back!

* * *

"You did what?" Cole exclaimed with disbelief.

Kai shifted his feet. "I'm sorry! I should've asked you about it first!" he blurted out. "But I thought it was time for Sensei to know."

Cole drew his hand over his face. "But Sensei Wu is different than Sensei Garmadon," he went on. "I'm not ready for that kind of pressure!"

Kai frowned. "He won't pressure you, Cole," he assured him. "He can help you."

Cole twiddled his fingers nervously. "B-but I don't want everyone giving me weird looks and—and treating me differently..."

"What if something happens to me again?" Kai asked. "I don't want to leave you high and dry again."

Cole sighed and slumped onto the bed beside the red ninja. Kai glanced sideways at him as he drew in a deep breath. "It's going to be okay, Cole," he comforted, resting his hand on the black ninja's leg.

Cole nodded and took another breath. "If that's what you think is best," he breathed. "You're the teacher."

Kai stared at him in surprise. "I-I'm the..." His voice trailed off. "Yeah..."

The two sat in silence for a moment before the door opened. They looked up as Wu walked in. "We're having a meeting," he told them. His gaze rested on Kai as Cole rose to his feet. "If you're up for it."

Kai nodded, although his eyes were suddenly unfocused. But Wu didn't seem to notice as Cole walked over to him. Cole felt his skin crawl as the sensei looked him over. Knowing that Wu knew about his visions made him feel awkward around the sensei. Wu opened his mouth, but Cole didn't want to hear it and he turned back toward Kai.

"Are you coming, Kai?" he asked before Wu could speak.

Kai's face screwed up as he shakily got to his feet.

Cole furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you okay?"

Kai rubbed his head. "Y-yeah," he murmured. "I-I just..."

Cole rushed over to him as the red ninja staggered on his feet. He grabbed Kai's arm before he could fall over. "Kai!"

Wu hurriedly grabbed Kai's other arm as he stumbled again. The red ninja panted and his breathing became heavy. Wu gazed at Cole desperately. "What do we do?"

Cole felt panic rise inside of him at being put on the spot. He stared at Kai as the red ninja bent over and hissed with pain. Cole's mind whirled as he thought of an answer to Wu's question. "I-I don't know!" he squeaked.

As they staggered with Kai, Garmadon suddenly walked into the room. His eyes flashed as he realized what was happening and rushed over to them. He pushed himself between Cole and Kai and placed his hand on the red ninja's shoulder.

"Here," he breathed. "Set him down on the bed."

Wu nodded, and the brothers helped Kai onto his bed and sat down beside him. Kai trembled and panted for breath. Signaling for the others to be quiet, Garmadon rubbed his hand down the red ninja's back soothingly and waited for him to regain his senses.

Kai seemed to relish the comforting gesture and began to calm down. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before straightening up again.

"Are you okay?" Garmadon asked gently.

Kai opened his eyes again and nodded. "Fine, thanks."

Shame flooded over Cole as he watched the senseis talk to the red ninja. He lowered his head. I was supposed to help Kai, he thought. But I completely freaked out. What kind of an apprentice am I?

"Cole?"

Cole's head snapped back up at Kai's voice. He immediately looked away again, not wanting to see the disappointment in the red ninja's eyes. "I'm sorry," he choked out. "I-I was supposed to help you and—and I tried to but then I freaked out and—"

"Cole, it's okay." Kai got to his feet and rested his hand on the black ninja's shoulder. "You tried your best."

Cole forced himself to look at him and was surprised to see a huge smile on Kai's face. "What is it?" he pressed.

Wu and Garmadon gathered around them and stared at Kai expectantly. "Did you see something?" Garmadon asked.

Kai nodded with a smirk. "There's something I remembered."

Wu waved his hand. "Well?" he pushed. "What?"

Kai glanced at them, eyes twinkling. "Lloyd's coming home."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

3.1K 62 7
*****REWRITING!!!! Marked as complete so people know I'm Not editing anymore!!!****** Not everyone gets a choice in who they want to be. Sometimes de...
4.5K 85 13
This is Lego Ninjago the Movie just with my OC in it, and another character~ 6 ninja, fight of against Garmadon. Though, this is different. A girl wi...
304K 7.5K 25
(MY FIRST WRITING PROJECT, WILL CONSIST OF CRINGY WRITING + PLOT, SOME CHAPTERS ARE EDITED TO WORK BETTER. BUT, PLEASE BARE WITH ME, AS I HAVE MANAGE...
1.5K 80 25
"Think what you want now, but when the Overlord has all four elemental weapons and Ninjago is in peril, remember what I said." Two stories. One truth...