Something About The Sunshine

By PoeticPhantom101

Leah Rhodes thought Jordan Hayes was suppose to be her perfect man, attractive, smart, funny, most of all... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Nineteen

532 27 2
By PoeticPhantom101

My eyesight was starting to blur the longer I stared at the screen of my computer. The words on the screen becoming a jumbled mess of letters that made my brain pulse painfully. Everyone at work was scrambling to finish all their projects so they could put time and effort into preparing for The infamous Hart's Halloween Masquerade Ball.

My fellow floor coworkers were no exception...

And it was really showing in their writing.

Everything they were writing was rushed and had loads of errors in it, and I was minutes away from saying screw it and making everyone rewrite the columns completely over.

My door suddenly opened and I let out an exasperated sigh without even looking at who was there.

"It better be real damn important because if it's not you can sit here and re-edit all 20 of these writing columns", I threatened as I corrected another misspelled word.
If this keeps up everyone's getting Webster Dictionaries for Christmas.

"Have I ever told you how sexy you are when you're pissed, it's amazing really", came the smooth and familiar voice of my boyf- Grayson.

Grayson and I hadn't exactly put a label on what we've been doing since the sleepover and date about two and a half months ago. We kiss, go on dates, and have become unbelievably close. But we hadn't exactly put a label on what we were either. We were beyond the talking stage but weren't quite at the actual relationship stage. It was kind of a weird stage to be in but I wasn't worried about it too much. I was comfortable in the feelings Grayson had for me.

"Then I'm sure I'm probably drop dead gorgeous right now. Sorry for snapping at you Grayson, it's just been a really long day", I sighed as I leaned back in my chair and let my head fall back as my eyes closed. I heard some kind of bag being placed on my desk then felt Grayson's presence behind me. His hands gently massaged my shoulders as he kissed my hair.

His easy going aura, intoxicating cologne, and magic hands working on my shoulders made me feel a little bit better.

"I can tell... you didn't call me by my nickname. I'm sorry that work is stressing you out mia piccola dea, but I came bearing gifts because I know it's been a rough week. Apri quei grandi occhi marroni per me, vero dea", he asked softly against my neck.

*Open those big, brown, beautiful eyes for me, won't you goddess?

I shivered involuntarily at him speaking italian. It was something he was doing around me more often because he says he feels so comfortable around me.

I opened my eyes to see that Grayson had gone by my favorite Italian restaurant. He had gotten me chicken alfredo and a side of caesar salad with a large Pepsi. His order of three cheese tortellini, garlic bread, and a sprite was on my desk as well.

"You came to have lunch with me", I asked with a smile as I looked up at him.

"Of course. I haven't seen you since the weekend and you know I can't go too long without seeing your beautiful face. I start getting angered easily, and it looks like you do too. I thinks it's in both of our best interests that we see each other as often as possible", he chuckled with a wink before gently pulling me up and taking a seat in my chair before pulling me down to sit in his lap.

I pecked his lips softly and let my fingers run through his hair as his arms tightened around me.

I pulled away so that we could eat, but was pulled right back when he maneuvered me to straddle his lap and pulled me into a passionate kiss. The shock wore off quickly and it wasn't long until I was kissing him back just as feverishly. He gave a playful bite to my lip causing me to openly invite his tongue to meet mine. He tasted of peppermint and coffee, a combination that I was starting to love.

I tried my best to hold my moans in as his heated kisses traveled to my neck and his rough hands were guiding me to grind against the hard length in his pants.

"Not that I'm complaining, but maybe it's time to cool down and eat. I'm sure you're hungry", I said with heavy breaths before he gave a bite to that special spot between my neck and shoulder and looked back up into my eyes.

"If you'd shut that pretty little mouth and let me lay you out on your desk, I could get to the meal I've been craving for", he said in a dark, husky voice. His blue eyes darkened lustfully and I bit my bottom lip to keep from moaning. The things this man made me feel, it felt so wrong yet so right.

Yes, Jordan and I had sex, he was my first after all. But it was plain and... Well let's just say he never helped me cross the finish line. Grayson would spend what felt like hours after hours pleasuring me just because he liked how I reacted to him. Grayson made me feel so... sexy. So much so that I was truly believing I was. If a man like Grayson wanted me, I must've been doing something right.

And if Grayson was anything... He was a man of his word.

He wasted absolutely no time in moving the food on my desk over slightly to make way for my ass as he plopped me on it and pulled my face to his to reconnect our lips.

It wasn't hard to lose myself in his kisses, they were addicting. And the way his lips were moving against mine had my mind going sinful places.

Have-him-fuck-me-right-here kinda places.

His lips then moved to my neck as I let out a low moan right as my office phone began to ring.

I ignored it and let myself focus on the feel of Grayson's lips on my neck as he licked and nibbled my resolve away.

I let out a sigh of relief in my mind once the ringing stopped. I had been working hard and dealing with these re-edits all week, if there was anything I deserved it was this.

"You taste so damn good Leah. Tell me I can taste more of you, tell me you're mine", Grayson groaned against me skin as his fingers moved to my skirt and hiked it up to my waist. His fingers pulled at my thong, trying to remove it teasingly. I had a strong hate-love relationship with how he teased me. There were times where I'd go out of my way to instigate situations to have him tease me; and other times where I wanted to scream at him for teasing me for what felt like hours on end. But in this moment, I loved every second of it.

"I'm you-", I began right before the phone began to ring again.

Fuck my life.

Grayson stopped his assault on my neck as he chuckled amusedly. I groaned in annoyance.

I'm glad he found this so funny, because I was
annoyed,
horny,
and sitting on my desk with damp underwear on.

"Get it, it might be important", he said before kissing my nose and pulling back a bit to give me space. He sat back in my chair and leaned back with his leg bent over the other and his arms behind his head, as if this was his office and not mine. He winked and waited for me to answer the phone, it was only a beat or two before I realized he had no intention of finishing what we started until I answered the phone. I groaned loudly with irritation before making a move to grab the phone.

I picked up the phone as Grayson and I kept eye contact.

"Leah Rhodes speaking", I said in the nicest voice I could muster.

"That was the fakest voice I've ever heard come from your mouth. I'm guessing you're still editing all those shitty column submissions while the others plan for the halloween ball", came Kyra's voice on the other line.

"I was, Grayson actually came to my office to have lunch with me", I sighed as I looked out my window, slightly glad it wasn't an actual important call.

"Oh shit, I knew you guys were gonna end up having steamy office sex! You're wild girlie, you literally work for his mom", she exclaimed excitedly, as if she had just solved a grand mystery.

The clearing of a throat reached my ears, I looked to Grayson to see him with one raised eyebrow, obviously concerned about who had called me.

"Kyra", I mouthed to which he nodded before pulling out his phone, most likely to check his emails.

"We weren't having office sex Ky. I don't know how confident you think I've gotten since we moved from Seattle but I assure you, it's not enough to fuck my boss's son at our place of work", I said.

"Damn", Grayson sighed in disappointment as he pouted.

"Bummer. I was just calling you to remind you that I've got a fashion show fundraiser tonight and Beck has that night photoshoot for Zayda and Luke's slideshow at their wedding. We're both not going to get back probably till late", Kyra reminded me.

I remembered that they both had told me of these plans a couple of days ago and nodded even though I knew she couldn't see it.

"If you two are just lying and just meeting somewhere secretive to hook up, I appreciate the consideration but it's uncalled for. Just let me know and I could stay the night at Grayson's", I joked with a smirk. At the mention of this Grayson lifted his head with a smirk and nodded excitedly. It was times like this where he looked most adorable, almost like a puppy.

"Oh you would love that wouldn't you? Don't go packing your bag with extra condoms, I was just reminding you we'd both be out tonight. Also the most consideration you'd get from us is a text to put your earphones in and put them bitches at max volume", Kyra replied.

"So you admit-", I began before she cut me off.

"No I'm not admitting that Beck and I have had sex, nice try", Kyra interrupted with a deadpanned voice causing me to chuckle.

Suddenly the phone was pulled from my hand and I looked up at Grayson in shock and confusion to which he kissed my hair and nodded with a suspicious smile.

"Hey Kyra, it's Grayson. Love ya lots but you're disturbing my lunch and something tells me we both know that actual food is not what I plan on devouring. I'm sure she will have her cute little nose in a book tonight while you guys are gone, have fun", Grayson said as his eyes never left mine.

"Grayson", I chastised as he clicked my office phone back in its place.

"I didn't say anything that wasn't true", he shrugged before inserting himself back between my legs. His hands found their way back to my waist as he gave me a heart-wrenching smile.

I hated when he was right.

But he had been.

Later on that night I found myself reading a book with sweatpants and a sports bra on. The only thing was, I didn't feel relaxed. I had to keep re-reading sentences because my mind would wander off. My foot wouldn't stop tapping for some odd reason.

I actually felt...bored.

And I'm never bored when reading.

I put my butterfly bookmark in my romance book and tossed it next to me onto the bed with a groan.

The worst part was, it was only 7:30.

"Fuck this, there has to be something else I can do to keep busy", I groaned as I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and walked out into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and pulled out left over spaghetti just as my phone rang. I checked the caller I.D and smiled at the words 'My Gray'.

"Aren't you supposed to be working", I smiled as I held the phone between my ear and shoulder. I made myself a bowl of the leftovers and placed it into the microwave. Putting the leftovers back in the fridge when I was done.

"What, I can't miss you and want to hear your sweet, angelic voice", he asked on the other line, I could hear the mocking pout in his voice.

"You just saw me earlier today Gray", I chuckled as I went through the pile of mail left on the counter while I waited for my food to heat up.

Bill.

Junk mail.

Bill.

One of Kyra's fashion magazines.

A late birthday card to Beck from his great Aunt Donna.

Every year she mistakes September 14th for October 14th.

Then I saw it. A plain white envelope with my name on the front. I felt my heart drop and my breathing grow heavy as I plucked it from the pile and ripped it open.

'Stop being so childish... come back to me Leah Hayes. So that we can live... Happily. Ever. After.'

I read over the same line 2 or 3 times and felt my blood begin to boil as it did every time I got one of these letters. I let out a low angry growl before ripping and tearing at the paper before throwing it into the trash can. I had been getting these letters about every other week. It went from just my first name with his last name, to him saying he wants me back, to him saying that I belonged to him. That it was time to come back home.

And with each letter I seemed to be getting angrier and angrier. He was the one who cheated, why is he expecting me to come back?

I am never going back.

Ever.

"Leah are you okay", came Grayson's raised worried voice. I had been so angry that I forgot that I was on the phone for him. He can't know about these... no one can. Jordan would eventually get the hint that I wasn't coming back and either he'd settle for my bitch of a cousin, or he'd move on.

"Y-Yeah sorry. I was playing uno on my phone and lost", I said making up an easy lie as I grabbed my food from the microwave and a fork from the drawer.

"You do get quite competitive when it comes to games. You redshell me every chance you get during Mario Kart", he laughed.

"Don't get in my way then slow poke. Now was there something you needed Gray", I asked as I sat at the counter to eat. I had put him on speaker so I could scroll through social media as I ate.

"Actually yes, a very important invitation from a very shy Evangeline. She has invited and you, Beck, and Kyra for a sleepover tomorrow night. Something about you guys promising her a disney movie night", Grayson said.

I couldn't help the smile that lit my face at just the thought of that adorable little girl. Ever since the cookout in July I had been hanging out at Grayson's family home. Even so much as to be invited to quite a few family Sunday dinners.

"Awe how sweet! We'd love to come over for a sleepover", I smiled.

"I'll let her know, she's going to be excited to see you. Mom is always telling me how much she not only misses me but how much she misses the both of us. Did you know that every Sunday dinner that I don't bring you she asks where you are and why you didn't come? One time Kaden tried to tell her that you weren't actually part of the family yet and she was almost in tears", Grayson replied.

I paused my scrolling.

Yet...

"Oh... yet as in..", I said slowly as I felt my cheeks flame up.

Grayson was always up front about what he wanted out of our... relationship. If there was anything I admired about him, it was how upfront he always was, especially when it came to us. He told me when he first started liking me, he told me that he wanted more than just a mere 2 or 3 month relationship. He wanted years, he wanted marriage and a future. And every day it seemed that I was growing more fond of that idea. I can remember when I didn't know what Gray and I were. When I thought it was just some weird lustful connection, but I can see it's so much more now. I can see that I want the same now. A marriage... a future.

At least eventually, not right away of course. It wasn't like I loved him yet or anything. But the potential I had seen in him from the beginning, it was starting to become real with each passing moment with him. That very potential was turning into an actual possibility. It was nerve racking as much as it was exciting.

"As in my goal is still to make you Mrs. Grayson Hart. Of course we're still missing a few steps, an engagement, a proposal, us actually dating", Grayson said amused.

"That's true, technically we're not..", I began in a soft voice, my scrolling completely forgotten.

"Dating, I know. Don't worry mia piccola dea, I plan on asking you very soon. I'd ask you now if I thought it was the right time, but something is telling me that asking you to be mine over the phone while you're eating isn't exactly what you'd call romantic. Especially to the standards of a woman who reads rom-com books practically for a living", he chuckled.

"But I better get going. I've got a couple of contracts to look through and one last virtual meeting with contractor about putting another club in Seattle. I'll send you a text or call when I get off like usual", Grayson asked.

"I would hope so", I smiled.

"Don't get carried away and finish that book, most bookstores are closed now and there is no such thing as a 24 hour bookstore. I know how much you hate finishing a book in a trilogy or set and not having the next one to read right after", he chuckled knowingly.

"I'll try. Don't over work yourself Gray", I responded.

"I'll try. Later my little goddess".

"Later my Gray".

I clicked end call on my phone and went back to eating and scrolling. Though now my thoughts swirled around Grayson. I found myself already missing him. Talking on the phone him was great but I wanted to see him in person. I missed that cocky smile and those deep blue eyes. I wanted his body against mine, I wanted to be in his arms. even if it was just sitting in his lap while he worked.

I really, really like Grayson Hart.

Then it hit me.

He works at a club, if I wanted to go see him so badly, I could.

As a paying customer.

Usually going to a club by yourself is very dangerous, especially in a city like L.A, but it was Grayson's club. I trusted him and his staff. I could have a couple of drinks, dance, get maybe a little one on one time with Grayson, and then get an uber back to the house, or maybe even Grayson will bring me back when he gets off. Plus there is no doubt he'd love the surprise.

"Definitely giving that main character energy right now Leah", I said to myself after I finished my food and put my empty bowl in the sink before going back to my room to take a quick shower and find the sexiest outfit I could find.

I had plans on driving Grayson Hart wild tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

625 11 5
Your favorite couple is back. After filing for divorce Stephanie decides it's time to move on with her life. With her brother, Lance Carmichael, and...
945 47 31
"Do not find love. Let love find you" -------------- "What did he do this time, princess?" Grayson purrs in my ear. He actually purrs. Pushing him b...
5.6K 184 5
Brandon doesn't have a care in the world. Luck has followed him and his twin brother, Connor, their whole lives-even landing them in the billionaire...