good 4 u - S.M. [2]

By pepsicolax_

Junior Year. The hardest year for any teenager as they start to look towards the future after high school. We... More

Season 3A
Summary
Cast
Playlist
Tattoo
Fireflies
Unleashed
Frayed
Motel California
Currents
Visionary
The Girl Who Knew Too Much
The Overlooked
Alpha Pact
Lunar Eclipse
Season 3B
Anchors
More Bad Than Good
Galvanize
Illuminated
Silverfinger
Riddled
Letharia Vulpina
Echo House
The Fox And The Wolf
De-Void
Insatiable
The Divine Move
Brutal

Chaos Rising

923 26 6
By pepsicolax_

"What?" Stiles asks Scott. "What, what do you mean, what?" Scott asks from behind Stiles as he holds onto Kota's hand. "I mean 'what' and you know what."

"What, what?" Scott asks again. "That look you were giving." Stiles replies as he looks back to Kota. "You gave a look." Stiles said and then glanced at Kota, "And Kota is not even paying attention. Hello?" Stiles says snapping in front of her face. Kota grabs his hand as she pushes him away.

"What look?" Scott asks Stiles, "The look that says that the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party." Stiles says causing Kota to scoff, "We were having a date night and you barged in telling us to go with you to this party."

"It just seems weird going to a different high school's party." Scott said as he gave Kota a grateful smile, "What? Would you-" Stiles groans at his friends, "God, one drink, all right? You'll be fine. I went to nursery school with this girl, okay?" Stiles tells Scott and Winter, "She promised to introduce us to all of her friends. So tonight, no Derek, no Lydia. Tonight we're moving on."

"You're right." Scott says. "That's right I'm right." Kota chuckles at the two, "Alright fine, moving on." She says with them.

"Onward and upward." Stiles cheers with Scott. "Let's do this." Scott tries to pump himself up as Scott lets go of Kota's hand to high five Stiles. Kota chuckles staring at the two boys before she does the same with Stiles.

"Why do you have a handshake with my best friend?" Scott asks Kota as he grabs her hand before walking in. "What? You jealous McCall?" She teases as she leans over pecking his lips.

"Stiles." A girl calls out getting the group's attention, "Hey. There's the birthday gir-" The girl comes up and kisses Stiles on the mouth. Kota and Scott share a look as Stiles kisses her.

"So glad that you made it." She says pulling away from him. "Me too." Stiles says. "Come downstairs with me and help me pick out a bottle of wine." "Yes." Stiles looks back as he leaves with the girl. Kota gives him a thumbs up with a smirk. "Be careful with him! He's fragile!" She yells receiving the finger from Stiles as they both disappear from her sight.

"Want to dance?" Scott asks leaning over to her. Kota nods as Scott leads her out to the dance floor, the two wrapping their arms around each other. "Kota, listen about not telling about seeing Allison-"

Kota places her hand on Scott's mouth as she shrugs, "It's okay. You're going to see her around school and around our life. Just promise me nothing is going to happen. THat her being back won't come between us."

Scott moves her hand as he leans his head on hers. "Nothing is going to happen." He whispers. "She's not going to get between us. I promise you."

Kota leans forward connecting their lips as she tightens her grip on Scott. Before the kiss can go farther, Scott's phone buzzes as he takes a step back and pulls it out to see a missed text from Allison on his screen.

She nods as she takes a step back and purses her lips as Scott answers the text. "I owe you everything." Scott tells her looking up at her. She nods with a smile as Scott kisses her cheek and pulls her out of the party.

Kota takes a longing glance at teenagers having fun before she faces reality with the cold night. Kota finally faces ahead of her spotting Allison and Lydia outside the house.

"This isn't the talk we were gonna have, is it?" Scott asks his ex-girlfriend. "I need to show you something." Allison then shows Kota and Scott a bruise on her arm. Lydia, walking up next to her, showing the same one.

Kota gulps as she stares at the mark. "I'll call Derek."

🌕

"Isaac please for the love of everything take a seat." Kota said as she watched Isaac start to pace in Derek's loft. "You know, I'm starting not to like this idea." Isaac says, "Sounds kinda dangerous."

"You know I definitely don't like this and I definitely don't like him." Isaac tells Kota and Drek as she chuckles. "Nobody likes Peter." She mutters as Derek glares at her.

"You'll be fine."

"Does it have to be him?" Isaac asks as Kota turns to look at Derek. "He knows how to do it. I don't. Be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself." Derek tells the betas.

"You know Scott doesn't trust him, right?" Kota says as she glances between Isaac and Derek. "I personally, I trust Scott."

"He's your boyfriend." Derek tells her with a straight face. "I personally trust Scott, too." Isaac says backing up Kota. The girl smirks at her best friend causing Derek to sigh.

"Do you trust me?"

"You know I do."

"Yeah." Kota lifts her eyebrows as she hears the hesitation in Isaac's voice. "I still don't like him."

"Nobody likes him."

The door to the loft opens revealing Peter on the other side. "Boys. Kota." Peter says making Kota roll her eyes at him, "FYI, yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired, but the hearing still works. So, I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face."

"We don't like. Now shut up and help us." Kota says walking up to Peter. "Aren't you pleasant in the morning?" Peter asks her as Kota smirks, "I would easily kill you if it meant to make my life easier."

Derek and Isaac hold back a laugh as Kota walks over to stand next to Isaac. "Fair enough." Peter says as he extends his claws. Isaac grabs onto Kota as he starts to shake.

🌕

"Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm." Peter tells Isaac as he walks behind Isaac. "How do you know how to do this, again?" Isaac asks him.

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them."

"You- you've had a lot of practice, though, right?" Isaac asks as he starts to get nervous. "Well, I've never paralyzed anyone." Peter tells him.

"What does that mean, that you-" Isaac started to ask but Peter dug his claws in the back of Isaac's neck.

Kota turned awasy as she grabbed onto Derek's arm. Him bringing Dakota into his side as she couldn't dare and watch what Peter was doing to Isaac.

Derek moves to stand up to stop both of them but Peter calls out that he sees them.

Kota turns to glance at them just as Peter rips his claws away from Isaac. "Iz!" She shouts running over and kneeling down in front of him. "Are you okay?" She asks as she cups his face.

"What did you see?"

"It was confusing." Peter tells Derek. "Um, images. Vague shapes." He stutters out. "But you saw something?" Kota asks him.

"Isaac found them." Kota turns to glance at Isaac as she stands up bringing Isaac close to her as she rubs his back. "Erica and Boyd?" Derek asks.

"I barely saw them. I mean, glimpses."

"But you did see them!" Kota screams at him. "Worse." Peter says as Kota gulps. "Deucalion." Derek says.

"He was talking to them. Something about time running out." Peter says as Kota sighs wiping away a single tear.

"What does it mean?" Isaac asks in a whisper.

"He's gonna kill them." Derek says as Kota shakes her head. "That can't be - that can't be true."

"No, no he didn't say that. He did make them a promise that by the full moon that they'd both be dead." Peter tells them. "The next full moon?" Derek asks.

"Tomorrow night." Kota calls out.

🌕

Kota fidgeted with her hands as she got Derek to the school after this morning and now Derek stood in front of the teenagers with Kota and Scott standing next to him. Kota sipped her coffee as she watched her alpha stare at the mark on both girls hands.

"I don't see anything." Derek says. "Look again." Scott asks him. Derek sighs as he looks over at Kota, "How is a bruise gonna tell me where Boyd and Erica are?" Scott looks over at Derek, "It's the same on both sides. Exactly the same."

"It's nothing." Derek says with a straight face. "Pareidolia." Lydia says. "Seeing patterns that aren't there." Kota explains for everyone. Everyone looks over to the beta, as she sips her coffee. Kota rolls her eyes as she stands straight up, "It's a subset of apophenia."

"They're trying to help." Scott whispers to Derek. "These two." Derek says looking back at Allison and Lydia. "This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle. Thank you. And this one, who shot about thirty arrows into me and my pack."

"Okay, all right, now, come on." Stiles says, "No one died, all right? Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction."

"My mother died." Allison whispers looking at Derek and Kota. "Allison did shoot me and Isaac with arrows after she teamed up with Gerard and kidnapped our pack." Kota spits out staring at Allison. Derek places a hand out in front of Kota pulling her back, "Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not me."

"That girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you." Kota scoffs earing a glare from Allison. "You wanna help? Find something real." Derek walks away with Scott quickly following him.

"Little harsh there Kota." Stiles whispers to her. "Tell that to my favorite sweater I had to throw away because I got blood stains on it." Kota tells him as she pats his cheek.

🌕

"Okay, what would a pack of alphas want with Erica and Boyd?" Stiles asks as he, Kota and Scott walk to class. "I'm not sure it's them they want." Scott says. Kota blows out air as she runs her fingers through her hair, "Are they recruiting? If they want Derek, then why take his betas?"

Kota stops with Scott as they both look back to see the twins walk right past them. It's almost like Kota can feel their power and it makes him scared. She narrows his eyes as she hears Stiles call her name and Scott's.

"You coming?"

🌕

"The stock market is based on two principles. What are they?" Coach asks his class. KOta sits behind Scott, and raises her head at Scott raising his hand, "Yes McCall you can go to the bathroom. Anybody else?" Kota chuckles.

"Uh, no, Coach, I know the answer." Coach laughs causing Kota to chuckle with a smile on her face, "Oh, you're serious." "Yeah, risk and reward." Stiles looks over confused at Kota as she crosses her arms proud of what Scott accomplished. "Wow! Who are you? And what have you done to McCall? Don't answer that. I like you better. Does anybody have a quarter?"

"Yep." Stiles whips one out of his pocket alongside a condom that just so happens to fall on the floor. Kota covers her mouth as she tries to cover her laughter.

"Stilinski, I think you, uh...you dropped this." Coach hands Stiles the condom. "And congratulations." Stiles turns back to Kota as he hears her snort and glaring at her. "Shut it Kota." He whispers as Kota can't stop laughing. "I'm so proud to call you my best friend." She tells him"Risk and reward. Put the quarter in the mug, win the reward."

"Watch Coach." Kota sits up as she watches Coach blow on the quarter before bouncing it in his mug. Kota claps along with the class, sitting back. "That's how you do it. Okay. Enger." Coach throws the quarter as Kota catches it in the middle of the aisle. " Risk, Reward."

Kota looks down at the coin in her hand, "What's the reward?"

"You don't have to take the pop quiz tomorrow." Coach tells her. "Coach, it's not a pop quiz if you tell us about it." Kota points out looking up. "Dakota, you know I really expect more from you at this point. Really." Coach grabs the quarter before walking up the aisle.

"McCall. Risk, Reward. The risk, if you don't put that quarter in the mug, you have to take the pop- the- the quiz." Coach looks behind at Kota. "And-and you have to write an essay. Risk, more work. Reward," Coach blows on his hand, "No work at all. Or choose not to play."

"But, isn't this just chance?" Scott asks. "No. You know your abilities, your coordination, your focus, past experience- all factors affecting the outcome. So what's it gonna be, McCall? More work, no work, or choose not to play?" Scott looks at the quarter before placing it down on the textbook. "No play." Coach calls out. "Okay, who's next? Who wants the quarter?"

Stiles slams his hands on the desk as he stands up taking the quarter, "There ya go! There's a gamblin' man! Come on! Step up, step up. Alright Stilinski."

Kota reaches up tapping Scott's shoulder, "About this morning-" She starts to say but get cut off as the classroom door open. "Stiles." Stilinski calls out. "Yeah, Coach I got it." Stiles calls back. "Stiles." Stiles looks up as Kota and Scott share a glance as Stiles leaves the classroom.

Kota tries to listen on the conversations she hears Stilinski tell his son that, Heather, was missing. She furrows her brows as her heart rate starts to pick up. Scott reaches back grabbing her hand as they both start to think the same thing, what is going on? Kota shoots her head up when the sound of a coin landing in the mug, "Yes!" Coach cheers for Danny, "Reward. Who's next? Greenburg put your hand down. You don't have a chance."

🌕

"So you think they kidnapped Heather to turn her?" Scott asks Stiles. "Derek says it's easier to turn teenagers." Stiles says. "But what would a pack of alphas need with a beta?" Kota shakes her head. "Guys, I don't know. I don't care. All right, this girl - our moms were best friends before mine died, all right? We used to take frickin bubble baths together, when we were three. I gotta find her."

Kota sighs as both boys stare at her. She tightens her pony tial as she silently curses. "Then we need Isaac to remember." Stiles looks over to her, "How? You said that Peter and Derek couldn't do it. You know any other werewolves with a better trick?" Stiles and Kota both stop walking as they glance back to Scott.

Scott catches Kota's eyes. "Maybe not a werewolf. But someone who knows a lot about them."

🌕

Kota watches as the ice falls from his bag and into the tub. She drops the empty bag on the piles of others as she stands in the vet's office. "Obviously, it's not going to be particularly comfortable. But if we can slow your heart rate down enough, you'll slip into a trance-like state." Deaton tells Isaac.

"Like being hypnotized." Isaac says as he walks over to the tub. "Exactly. You'll be half transformed. It'll let us access your subconscious mind." Isaac kneels down by the tub. "How slow does his heart rate need to be?" Kota asks the vet.

"Very slow." Deaton tells him. "Okay, how slow is very slow?" Derek asks. "Nearly dead."Kota looks shocked as her mouth opens a little looking at Scott. "It's safe though, right?" Isaac asks Deaton after touching the freezing cold water. "Do you want me to answer honestly?" "No, no. Not really." Isaac mutters.

The sound of a rubber glove snapping, makes everyone look over to Stiles now with a glove on his hand. "What?" Stiles asks as Kota crosses her arms looking at Stiles. Stiles quickly takes the glove off, walking over to them.

"Look, if it feels too risky, you don't have to do this." Derek tells his beta. Everyone nods as they look over to him. "We can find another way, Iz." Kota says looking down at the water. "Didn't know you cared so much about me Kota?" Isaac asks as Kota groans, "Just get in the water." Isaac exhales as he slips off his shirt.

Kota walks in between Scott and Derek, knowing that they will need her added strength. With a nod of their heads, all three push Isaac under the water. Isaac quickly gets back up, roaring with his glowing. "Get him back under." Deaton tells them as the three of them try to push him back. Stiles quickly grabs Isaac's feet as he squirms trying to get out.

"Hold him." Deaton says. "We're trying!" Derek looks over to him. Kota pushes down on his shoulders as they finally get Isaac under the water. Once everyone realizes that he stops struggling, they let go, stepping back, letting Isaac come up to the surface.

Kota lets out a sigh of relief when Isaac inhales the air. She lets go stepping back as Deaton holds up a finger. "Now remember only I talk to him. Too many voices will confuse him and draw him out." Kota nods as she looks down at the beta. "Isaac? Can you hear me?" Deaton asks.

"Yes. I can hear you." Kota starts to bit her finger nails out of nerves, worried for this situation. Scott reaches over grabbing her hand as she leans her head on his shoulder. "This is Dr. Deaton. I'd like to ask you a few questions. Is that all right?" "Yes." Isaac says quietly.

"I want to ask you about the night you found Erica and Boyd." Kota looks up when she hears the thunder outside. "I want you to remember it in as vivid detail as possible, like you're actually there again." "I-I don't wanna do that. I don't - I don't wanna do that. I don't want to do that." Isaac stutters out.

Everyone looks up as the lights start to flicker as Isaac squirms to get out. "Isaac it's alright. Just relax. They're just memories. You can't be hurt by a memory." Deaton tells him. "Relax. Good."

Scott squeezes Kota's hand letting his girlfriend know that he's there for her. She can admit that Scott being here helps her more than he knows. This whole situation of losing two of her pack members plus so much more to deal with is killing her. "Let's go back to that night. To the place you found Erica and Boyd. Can you tell me what you see? Is there some kind of building? A house?" "It's not- it's not a house. It's stone."

Kota confused looks up to Scott. "I think marble." "That's perfect." Deaton tells him, giving him reassurance, "Can you give me any other descriptors?" "It's dusty. So empty."

"Like an abandoned building?" Thunder catches Kota's attention again. She looks up as the lights continue to flicker. "Isaac?" "Someone's here." Isaac starts to freak out in the tub. His hand shoots out to grab Kota's, "Isaac relax." Kota along with both Derek and Scott put her hands back on Isaac keeping him down. "No, no, no, they see me, they see me!"

Isaac screams as he tightens his hold on Kota. "Just memories. You can't be hurt by your memories. Just relax." Deaton says in a calm voice, "Good. Now tell us what you see. Tell us everything."

Kota watches as Isaac's eyes open up, starring at the lightbulb above him in a trance. "I hear him. He's talking about the full moon, about being out of control when the moon rises." Isaac talks about Boyd, "Is he talking to Erica?"

"I think so, I can't- I can't see her, I can't - I can't see either of them." Kota groans as he sees Isaac's lips turn blue. "Can you hear anything else?" Deaton asks. "They're worried. They're worried what they'll do during the moon. They're worried that they're gonna hurt each other."

"If they're locked in together on the full moon, they're gonna tear each other apart." Derek says shaking his head. "Isaac, we need to find them right now. Can you see them?"

"No." Isaac answers shortly, "Do you know what kind of room it is? Is there any kind of a marker? A number on a door? A sign?" Just as Deaton finishes, Isaac shoots up in a gasp. Kota quickly reaches her hands out to him.

"They're here." Isaac whispers as Stiles and Kota look up to see the lights flickering faster. "It's alright." Deaton tells Isaac as he continues to freak out, "Just tell us-" "They see me."

"They found me. They're here!" "This isn't working." Derek tells Deaton. "Isaac, where are you?" Derek asks. The lights are now out in the room, "I can't see them. It's too dark!" "Just tell me where you are."

"You don't want to confuse him." Deaton tries to tell the alpha. "I can't see!" "Isaac where are you?" Kota moves out of the way as water is getting splashed out of the tub. "His heart rate - he could go into shock."

"Derek, let him go!" Scott yells. "Isaac, where are you? What did you see?"

"A vault! It's a bank vault!" Isaac yells before he sits up, gasping. "I saw it. I saw the name." Scott and Kota both grab him helping him out of the water. Deaton grabs a towel as her wraps it around him. "It's uh, Beacon Hills First National Bank. It's um, it's an abandoned bank, and they're keeping them locked inside, inside the vault."

Kota sighs as she sniffles wiping away her tears, looking down. "What?" Isaac asks them. "You don't remember what you said right before you came out of it, do you?"

"No." Isaac says. Kota plays with her necklace as she looks up to Isaac, "Isaac, you said that when they captured you that they dragged you into a room and that there was a body in it."

"What body?" Isaac asks. "Erica." Stiles says, "You said it was Erica."

🌕

"She's not dead." Derek paces in front of the teens. Kota tries to her her breathing under control as she sits next to Isaac. Her heart beating fast for the fear of the unkown to Erica. "Derek, there's a dead body. It's Erica. Doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation." Stiles says.

"Then who was in the vault with Boyd?" Derek asks now getting fed up. "Someone else, obviously." Kota mutters from her seat. "And maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle. Okay, the one who save you?" Scott looks back to them.

"No she wasn't like us. And whoever was in the vault with Boyd was." Isaac tells them. Kota rubs her eyes as he looks away. "What if that's how Erica died? They, like, pit them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives." Stiles points out.

"Thanks for that image Stiles." Kota spits out, "Our pack was put in what? A werewolf thunderdome? You think that's what they do in their free time?"

"Sorry." Stiles whispers as he stares at Dakota with tears in her eyes.

"Then we get them out tonight." Derek tells them, "Be smart about this Derek. You can't just go storming in." Deaton turns around to the alpha. "If Isaac got in, then so can we."

"But he didn't get through a vault door did he?" Deaton says. "We need a plan." "How are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a bank vault in less than twenty four hours?"

"Uh, I think someone already did." Stiles says looking at his phone. "Beacon Hills First National closes its doors three months after vault robbery.' Doesn't say here how it was robbed, but it probably won't take long to find out."

"How long?"

"It's the internet, Derek." Stiles chuckles, "Okay? Minutes."

🌕

"Hello boys." Kota calls out the next day as she watches Stiles and Scott hop out of the Jeep. Scott runs up to her as he pulls her into a kiss the girl smiling as she wraps her arms around him.

"Miss me that much McCall?" She asks pulling away. Scott smiles and nods as he stares down at her. His eyes glance over to see Lydia and Allison walking past them as his hands start to loosen around his girlfriend when he and Allison stare at each other.

Kota turns to see a look of pity on Lydia's face as she shakes her head. The thought that maybe Scott wasn't still over Allison lingered in her head but then she remembered what a summer that her and Scott had. The two of them were together without a care in the world and maybe, maybe it was easy and now things are bringing forward. Kota pulls away from Scott as she links her arms with both of they boys.

The bell rings as the group starts to walk towards school, "All right, so we meet at Derek's at five to go over the plan, and then we don't get started until dark." Scott tells them, "Kay. What do we do till then?" Stiles asks, "Right now, we have English." Kota admits pulling both Scott and Stiles forward.

🌕

"Okay. You see this?" Stiles points to the blueprints of the map. "This is how they got in. It's a rooftop air conditioning vent. Leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here. Okay? One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. Now, that space is so small, it took him about twelve hours to drill into that wall, which is stone by the way. Then throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft on the wall. Boom."

"Can we fit in there?" Scott asks. "Yes, we can, but very, very barely. And they also patched the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking maybe a diamond bit," Stiles starts to explain as Derek interrupts him, "Look, forget the drill."

"Sorry?" Stiles turns around to him. "If I go in first, how much space do I have?" Derek asks. Stiles looks between Kota and Scott. "What do you - what do you think you're gonna do, Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?"

Derek stands up crossing his arms, "Yes, Stiles, I'm gonna punch through the wall." Kota scoffs as she stands back behind Scott. "Okay, okay, big guy. Let's see it. Let's see that fist. Big, old fist. Make it, come on. Get it out there. Don't be scared."

"Stiles, maybe don't tempt him to use it to punch you." Kota speaks up. "Big, bad wolf. Yeah, look at that." Stiles ignores Kota as Derek holds up his fist. "Okay see this." Stiles grabs Derek's arm, "That's maybe three inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid co-" Derek stops Stiles talking by punching his hand.

Kota hisses as she hears the punch and takes a step back. Stiles falls as he lands on the table holding his hand. "Ah. Ah! He could do it." Stiles calls out.Kota walks over to Stiles as she laughs alongside of him. "Told you so."

"I'll get through the wall. Who's following me down?" Derek asks the three wolves in the room. "Don't look at me." Peter says from his place on the stairs, "I'm not up to fighting speed yet, and honestly, with Isaac out of commission, you're not looking at very good odds for yourself."

"Do you have anything useful to say?" Kota turns around to Peter. "So, I'm supposed to just let them die?" Derek asks his uncle. "One of them is already dead." Peter says. "We don't know that." Kota and Derek both yell back.

"Do I have to remind you what we're up against here? A pack of alphas. All of them, killers. And if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant alpha. I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids. They're gonna be missed."

Kota looks back to Derek, "Could someone kill him again, please?" Stiles asks. "I volunteer to do it myself." Kota raises her hand. "Derek, seriously. Not worth the risk." Peter says after staring at the boys.

"What about you?" Derek asks. "Yeah, if you want me to come-" "Not you." Derek interrupts Stiles. "Got it." Stiles points back to Scott and Kota. "I'm going no matter what you say." Kota says glancing between Scott and Derek. "I don't know about Erica. But if Boyd's still alive, we have to do something." Scott says looking back at Peter before Kota, "We have to try."

Kota lets out a sigh of relief as she starts to wonder. "But who's the other girl? The one locked in there with Boyd?"

🌕

Kota stands back as Derek starts to look at the building. "Hey." Scott calls out walking over to Dakota. "Are you okay?"

"Are we okay?" Kota asks as she didn't realize what she asked. "Kota," Scott sighs, "I told you, you have nothing to worry about. Sweetheart," Scott lifts Kota's chin to see her eye filled with tears.

"I just don't want us to be ruined Scott." Kota admits. "I wanted us to be fine but I can't help how I feel about Allison being here." She whispers.

Scott kisses her forehead as h squeezes Kota's arm. "Dakota Madison Enger," Kota blushes at her full name, "This summer was the best summer I ever had because I got to spend it with you. This, you are what I want. I need you to trust me Kota."

Kota looks up and sees the genuine love in Scott's eyes as she nods. To her she may know that the three words on the tip of her tongue but maybe now is not the time to admit it to Scott. Not until she knows that he knows.

"I'm always going to trust you Scott."

Derek watches from behind the teens with a sad smile on his face. He was worried that Dakota would get played and used just like she always expected. He knew that his beta had the world on her shoulders and he knew that her anchor was changing to Scott.

He just hoped that he wouldn't fail her like he did to everyone else because Kota looked at him like a big brother, a friend, someone she can be herself around.

The two teens walk over to Derek as he watches Scott stare at the building. "What?" Derek asks. "There's just something I can't get out of my head." Scott says. "The moon's rising Scott. What is it?" Derek now annoyed asks.

"Risk and Reward." Scott says. "Which means what?" Derek asks. "We're not measuring the risk with enough information. We don't know enough."

"We know time's running out." Derek says. "I agree with Derek, Scott. We don't have all night to debate whether or not our two friends are dead." Kota walks over to Derek. "Yeah, but think about it. They put the triskele on your door four months ago. What have they been doing all this time?"

"We don't have the time to figure out every little detail." Derek starts to argue. "Okay, but what if this detail, the reason why they waited - what if it's the most important one?" Scott asks.

"Then we do nothing and Boyd and Erica are dead." Kota mutters. "We know what we're risking." Kota tells Scott as she points between her and Derek.

"My life for theirs." Derek says backing up Kota.

"And I won't blame you if you don't follow me." Derek says looking down at the two teen boys. Scott and Kota both share a look before following Derek.

🌕

Kota watches as Derek flings through the wall, rolling on his side. "That was graceful." Kota mumbles as she and Scott walk right into the vault. "Boyd?" Derek calls out to the figure standing to the side. Kota quickly hears growling as Boyd walks closer to them. "Boyd?" Derek calls again.

"It's me. It's Derek." Kota follows Derek as they both try to walk closer to Boyd. "Stiles, now is not the best time." Scott says. Kota looks back with a questioning glance. Kota walks over as he listens in to the conversation. "Scott! Scott! No, listen to me, okay? Look, you gotta get outta there. Look, the walls of the vault are made with a mineral called hecatolite. It scatters the moonlight."

"What does that mean?" Scott asks, "Look, it keeps the moonlight out, okay? They haven't felt the full moon in months." Stiles says. "Okay, think of it like the gladiators, in the Roman Colosseum. They used to starve the lions for three days, making them more vicious, more out of control. Deucalion has kept them from shifting for three full moons, diminishing their tolerance to it." Peter tells Scott.

"Scott, they're gonna be stronger," Stiles starts to say, "More savage, more bloodthirsty, Scott, they're the lions. They're the starved lions and you, Dexter and Derek just stepped into the colosseum." Peter says.

Kota looks over seeing the moonlight shine in from a hole in the wall. Oh god. She shares a look with Scott as she rushes over to Derek. "Derek, we got a problem, a really big problem." Kota says calmly. Kota watches as the other girl comes into view, "Cora?" Derek asks. Kota looks back, sharing a confused look with Scott, "Who?"

"Cora?" Derek asks, almost scared, "Derek, get out." Cora says out of breath, "Get out now!"

Kota follows the line of mountain ash on the floor as he looks around to see it on the border. The vault door opens as the light shines through, almost blinding him, "Miss Morrell?" She asks. "No." Scott says as she places the last bit of mountain ash on the ground, "No! Wait!"

"It's too late." Kota whispers as she shifts staring at him. She roars charging forward at Boyd as he tries to attack her.

Kota runs over tossing the girl off of Scott as Boyd jumps on her back. She flings Boyd off as she grabs Scott and rushes away to Derek. "You know her?" Kota asks out of breath as the three hide on a wall.

"She's my sister, my younger sister." Derek says. "What the hell is she doing here?" Scott asks Derek. "Like I have a clue. I thought she was dead!" Derek yells and Kota can feel the sadness coming from him.

"Look out!" Allison yells from the door. Kota quickly does a double take wondering how she got here as she ducks avoiding Boyd. She quickly gets up grabbing Boyd after he flings Scott into the wall, "Boyd come on! It's me." Kota says pushing him on the ground. "Oh come on." Kota mutters as Boyd flips them around. "Boyd, it's me! It's Kota! Come on just listen to my voice."

Boyd roars as he swipes his hand down, Kota grabbing it midway, "Okay, we can fight then." Kota flings Boyd off him as Boyd runs over to Scott. Kota quickly smells blood coming from Scott to see Boyd with his claws in him.

"No! Don't break the seal!" Derek yells to Allison. "Allison!" Kota yells. "Boyd!" Allison yells as she wipes away some mountain ash. Boyd and Cora quickly run out. Kota quickly gets up as he helps Scott out of the vault.

"Don't touch her!" Scott yells to Derek as he grabs Allison. "What were you thinking?" Kota yells to Allison. "That I had to do something." Allison says in tears. "She saved our lives."

"Yeah, and what do you think they're gonna do out there?" Derek tells Scott, "Do you have any idea what we just set free?" Derek turns to Allison, "You want to blame me? Well, I am not the one turning teenagers into killers."

"No. No, that's just the rest of your family." Derek says to Allison. "I made mistakes." Allison whispers, "Gerard is not my fault."

"And what about your mother?"

"What do you mean?" Allison shakes her head. Everyone looks over to Scott, "Tell her, Scott." Derek says, "What does he mean, Scott? What does he mean?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 210 21
In light, we solve our own lives. In time, you breach the brighter parts. LEGACIES AU ❨ Season 1 ─ Season 2 ❩ ❨ Rafael...
243K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
173K 2.1K 31
Jessie always told herself to never fall in love at the Shore..until she met Vinny. She became extremely close with Nicole, Jenni and Pauly. She was...