Journey For The One Piece

By angle99999

COTE X ONE PIECE More

Chapter 1: Time To Set Sail!
Chapter 2: Gloomy Prison Pt 1
Chapter 3: Gloomy Prison Part 2
Chapter 4: Goodbye Ilisia Kingdom, Hello New Crewmate!
Chapter 5: An Island of Mermaids Pt 1

Prologue: A Unique Auction

2.6K 111 26
By angle99999

An auction was now taking place on the island of Highford, one of the millions of islands located in the West Blue. This specific auction had over 200 prominent people from the entire region. And what was this auctions for?  Well, it was only for some of the most influential products in the history of the planet: Devil Fruits! This was an event that wouldn't be available for another decade. People of high social status and wealth, coming from all corners of the criminal underworld, arrive at this island in the night, in order to bid one another for the rarest devil fruits found in the last 10 years. 

It was a giant stadium in the middle of the island, with rows of seats for 200. In the back, a balcony was built as a VIP seating for the 4 leaders of the 4 big prominent families. There used to be 5 but the leader along with his crew, became pirates and set sail. Due to his departure, the other 4 families were able to rebuild and grow back into prominence. 

And now the 4 were overseeing the auction, using their forces in order to ensure everything went smoothly. 

The entire stadium's lights suddenly dimmed, as things were moved to the center in order to begin the auction. 

Lighting back up, the crowd saw ten platinum cases holding a devil fruit in each, with its own unique structure and size. 

???: Finally. This is what we came for!

???: Shush. Don't you have any manors?

A single man stood in front of the cases, wearing glasses and a suit. He was a mere 3 feet tall and a bit stocky. 

Auctioneer: Good evening sirs, and misses. It is a pleasure to welcome you all to one of the most prestigious auctions you can possibly attend in your lives! Right in front of you all, are 10 unique devil fruits, each with their own sets of abilities. Each Devil has never even been eaten. They each vary in the starting bid by rarity and power. Paramecia, Logia, and even a single Mythical Zoan devil fruit are among the ones we currently have right now! 

Everyone: YEAH!!!!! YEAH!!!!

The crowd  cheered as the 200 people that were given invitations to come, knew they were going to risk their fortunes in obtaining a devil fruit. 

Auctioneer: Now! Settle down! We will commence the first bid!!

A young man sat in the middle of the seats, wearing a white suit and accompanied by an old man. Looking at the cases, he quietly waited for the beginning of the auction war. 

A single light beamed down on the first display case, showing a devil fruit, blue in nature, in what appeared to look like a giant tooth. 

Auctioneer: Right in this case, lies a paramecia-class devil fruit! It is called 'Chi Chi Fruit!'

Many looked puzzled at it. 

Auctioneer: Anyone who consumes this will have the most powerful teeth in the world! They can be as sharp to slice through steel or blunt enough to crush the heads of your enemies!!!! Who would like to match the starting bid for this fruit, at 1 million berries! 

No hands emerged, as the allure of getting a fruit to give you the strongest bite, doesn't really suit combat all that much. 

Auctioneer: Anyone? Anyone?

After some time, a single hand rose up, as everyone looked at the person who rose their hand. 

It was the young man in the crowd. He couldn't have been more than 17 years of age. 

Young Man: I'd like to place 1 million berries on it. 

The old man near him was shocked. 

Old man: Sir, you don't want that devil fruit! It's going to serve no purpose!

And along with the old man, it appears the rest of the crowd was as dumbfounded as well. 

Young Man: I know what I'm doing. Since no one else wants it, I might as well take it. 

Auctioneer: Going once! Going twice! Any takers?

No response as some were disinterested in the fruit. 

Auctioneer: Sold, to the young lad in the white suit!!!

Moving the display case to the side, laughs and clapping followed as the audience felt sorry about the young man. 

Sitting down, the young man sighed. 

Young Man: I thought you'd have my side, Mashiro. 

The old man named Mashiro began to speak. 

Mashiro: I just want you to think about what you're doing! You can only eat one per lifetime. Do you really want just better teeth?

Young Man: That's not the point. I guess it's a good thing I didn't explain it to you. 

The old man nodded his head as the young man continued to sigh.

Young Man: Now, let's see what other fruits they have. 

...

...

...

'SOLD'

'SOLD'

'SOLD'

'SOLD'

Auctioneer: Our youngest spender has taken his 5th devil fruit with a whopping 450 million berries!

Mashiro: Sir! What are you doing?!

Young Man: I said I'd get them all. 

The crowd is now going restless!

???: How much money does this spoiled rich kid have??!!!! He can't have much more!!! He's already spent over 1 billion berries!

???: I know! His pockets are empty!

Auctioneer: In a twist of events, no matter how much money anyone else decides to put up, this young man continues to outbid them. From his first devil fruit, the Chi Chi fruit, to the now most recent purchase of the Kinzoku Kinzoku Devil Fruit, he has tallied 5 devil fruits. But it makes no sense, why buy so many if he only needs one?!

In the balcony, the 4 leaders of the great families were both surprised and hysterical over the situation. They couldn't stop laughing about a child outbidding grown adults. 

Auctioneer: Good news for everyone! These next five are some of the most expensive devil fruits around!

Everyone: YEAH!

The Young man continued to look at the remainder of them, as 5 had already been set aside, where he will pay the berries and retrieve them. 

Auctioneer: Now! Our sixth devil fruit of the day is this! 

Pointing at a green fruit, it seemed to radiate a green aura. 

Auctioneer: This is the Hosha Hosha Devil fruit and our first Logia class of the night!!!!

The crowd erupted, as they were waiting for the starting bid!!!!

Auctioneer: Radiation of likes this world hasn't seen comes from this fruit. Your entire body is a weapon to destroy anyone near you! The starting bid is 500 million berries!

Young Man: I'll bid. 

Auctioneer: Once again, this young man has taken the first bid! Going once,-

???: 550 million!

???: 600 million! 

???: 650 million!

Auctioneer: Anyone else? Going once, going twice... and s-

Young Man: 700 million. 

Once again, the young man proposed his bid.

???: Not him again! How much money does this guy have?! 

Auctioneer: Going once, going twice... and sold for 700 million berries!

The case was set aside to his collection as this was now becoming something no one else has ever seen before. 

Auctioneer: 4 left! The next 3 are logia and the last one is our prized item, the mythical zoan devil fruit!!!!

The Young Man continued to look at the rest as the crowd was now growing furious. 

???: Pompous, spoiled brat!!! Wait till you see what we do to you when we get out, you punk!!!!

Young Man: I'm not the poor man here. Maybe you should have gone for the first one. 1 million was the highest I was willing to go for that fruit, anyway. 

???: Bastard!

Auctioneer: Now! Onto the last 4 devil fruits!!!!

Another beam of light came down and showed a case holding a white devil fruit. 

Auctioneer: Here we have the Penki Penki devil fruit. A logia fruit that makes your entire body paint!

???: What?!

???: That's so bullshit!

Auctioneer: The starting bid is 600 million. 

The crowd laughed. 

???: Who would want to live their lives as fucking paint?!!!

Young Man: I'll match it. 

Auctioneer: Going once, going twice... sold!!!

???: Do you have a devil fruit that just gifts you money, brat?!

The entire crowd laughed. 

Young Man: No. The way I see it. If you spend less time smoking and drinking alcohol until you drown in it, you can make a considerable amount of money. And you'll live longer. 

Riots looked like they were going to start, before the Auctioneer continued. 

Auctioneer: Ladies and Gentlemen, we have 3 more fruits!!!! Let's calm down!!!!

Mashiro whispered in the young man's ear. 

Mashiro: Young master, this has got to be the stupidest thing you have ever done. What do you plan on doing with all of them? Can you even afford it?

The young man sighed. 

Young Man: Whether I can afford it means nothing. There's a reason I am here auctioning and not on the streets begging for food like a rat. You've only been with me a single year. So all you know is the lavish style I gracefully provide for you. You should be thankful for that. 

Mashiro bowed his head, as the young man patted him. He then whispered into his ear.  

Young Man: You've been good to me, and the longest serving butler I've hired. So, for your own safety, I suggest you exit right now. I've arranged for a ship to take you back in an hour. 

Mashiro: What?

Young Man: I don't want innocent bloodshed. I'm not that much of a monster. I let you tag along for a while, but it's best if you left.  

Mashiro: So, am I fired? Is that what you're saying?

The Young Man looked at him and nodded. 

Young Man: Yes, you are. On the way back to your hometown island, there should be enough money to take care of your financially struggling man-child and his wife and kids. 

Mashiro: What?

Young Man: Now go. Take this and show it to the security and they will escort you to a carriage where you will be driven to the harbor.

Giving a golden crest to Mashiro, he was shocked. 

Mashiro: But I can't leave you here with these heathens?!

Young Man: You don't work for me anymore, Mashiro. Now go, I need to focus on my next few moves here. Thank you for your service. 

Mashiro had tears coming down his cheek.

Mashiro: Thank you for everything, young master.

He got up and walked through the crowd to the exit, where he presented the crest and was given his ride to the harbor, as per the words of the young man. 

Young Man: (The Life I plan to live now is not for the weak, Mashiro. So enjoy your retirement in your hometown. You might even change that terrible son of yours into something decent.)

 Now, paying attention the the last three auctions, the young man grabbed a bottle of red wine from Mashiro's small wine rack he had ordered him to bring with to the auction. Unscrewing the top, he poured the expensive wine into a crystal glass and took a sip. 

Young Man: Delicious. 

...

...

...

Auctioneer: And now, is time for the final devil fruit, the mythical Zoan!!!!

Everyone: You won't be getting this one, spoiled brat!!!! 

The Young Man ignored the comments as he continued to sip his wine, this being his 3rd glass.

Auctioneer: After another two purchases of devil fruits, equaling 1.5 billion berries, we have come to the final selection!

The leaders of the four families looked as their attention was all on the man who had outbidded for 9 off the 10 devil fruits, and was now ready to take the final one. 

Auctioneer: And now, spotlight!

A beam of light was brought down, showing the final devil fruit.

Auctioneer: And for the final Devil Fruit, a mythical zoan unlike any other. This fruit gives you the ability to transfer into the monkey king himself! 

The crowd started cheering as the Young Man simply stayed seating, while sipping his wine.

Auctioneer: Now, the first bid begins at 800 million berries!

???: I'll match it!

???: 850 million!

???: 900 million!!!

???: 950 million!!!!

Auctioneer: Going once,-

Young Man: 1 billion beris. 

Auctioneer: W-What?! Again?!

???: He's going to spend almost 5 billion berries!

Auctioneer: U-Um, ok. Going once! 

No response. 

Auctioneer: Going twice!!!!

???: 1.1 billion berries!!

Auctioneer: And we have a bidding war on our hands!!!

Young Man: 1.5 billion berries.

???: WHAT?!!!!

The Auctioneer was sweeting as he looked at the young man, his eyes carving a whole right through him. 

Auctioneer: G-G-Going once!

No response

Auctioneer: Going twice!!!

No response. 

Auctioneer: And sold!!!!!

The entire crowd now began to riot as the security calmed them down. 

Auctioneer: Let's give it up for the young man who outbid the entire audience into taking all ten devil fruits!!!! Come on down sir!

The Young Man sighed and stood up. Taking his wine, he finished the glass as he dropped it on the ground, shattering it into pieces. 

???: Hey, what are you doing?

Walking down towards the Auctioneer, the crowd saw the young man, no more than 17, looking at everyone as he simply walked past his competition. 

Going up on the stage, the Auctioneer rejoiced!

Auctioneer: The total sum of what you'll be paying is... 5.6 billion berries!!!!!!!!!!!

The 4 leaders of the great families laughed as they saw the young man shake hands with the Auctioneer. 

Auctioneer: Tell the audience your name, young sir!

Looking back at the other 199 people who despised him, he told them his name. 

Kiyotaka: I am Kiyotaka. No last name is necessary. It was fun bidding with you all. But I must confess something to you all. 

The crowd went into silence, as the Auctioneer looked in surprise. 

Kiyotaka: I won't be purchasing any of the devil fruits. How can I possibly purchase something that is fake? 

An explosion of  reactions from the crowd begun as they all were ready to kill Kiyotaka. 

???: We don't believe you! Get off the stage ungrateful brat!!!

Going closer to the display case with the radiation devil fruit, I smashed the glass holding it, and took out the fruit itself. 

???: You didn't pay for that, you brat!!!!

Auctioneer: Sir, if you're not planning on paying for all the fruits you bid on, then I must have the security come and silence you.

Crowd: YEAH!!!!

Holding the fruit, Kiyotaka touched around it, revealing a glittery substance coated onto a weird fruit. There also seemed to be some patting to resemble some of the patterns. 

Crowd: WHAT?!

Kiyotaka: A very thrifty scam. When executed correctly, it's a perfect bait. 

Crowd: What are you talking about?! Does this mean none of the fruits were even real?!!

Kiyotaka: Yes. In this year's edition, the one responsible for acquiring these devil fruits, was none other than Capone of the once 5 families. In his last act before leaving for piracy, he decided to pull a very expensive prank. Not even the 4 old men who lead the other great families knew a thing. 

The 4 leaders got up from their seats in pure rage!

Kiyotaka: And what confirmed this was this: how could one know what's in a devil fruit before it is eaten? There are only a handful of such experts on devil fruits in the world, and they all reside in the grand line. Which means this Auctioneer is also a fake. 

The Auctioneer now grew irritated!

Auctioneer: Security!!

Holding out his hands, Kiyotaka looked at the thousands of guards around. 

Kiyotaka: Fire

In an instant, hundreds of rounds were fired onto the crowd. The Auctioneer pulled out his gun and shot a single bullet towards Kiyotaka, who didn't move. 

One of the security jumped in front of Kiyotaka and took the bullet, dieing on the ground. Kiyotaka's eyes blinked red as the Auctioneer was completely confused. 

Auctioneer: Wha-

He was then met with 4 bullets as he fell to the ground, dead. 

Hundreds of screams from the crowd could be heard as they were all being slaughtered.

Kiyotaka took out a cigarette and lit it as he walked down the stage and across the hundreds that were killed.

???: WHAT'S GOING ON?!!!

To the left and to the right of Kiyotaka, the auction's security gunned down every single influential person of the West Blue. Well, there was still the 4 leaders on their balcony. 

Walking through, Kiyotaka ordered the men to set the stage on fire and guard the perimeter. 

Security: Yes sir!

Kiyotaka continued to walk towards the stair leading atop the balcony as the screams of his prey stopped. 

Kiyotaka: Looks like that's all of them. It was much easier then I anticipated. It would have been the same result, had I allowed them to 'win' any of the devil fruits, but where's the fun in that?

3 men were at Kiyotaka's side as he walked up the stairs and entered the balcony. 

There, the 4 leaders were held at gun point by 10 of their own security. 

One of them, a very fat man with a droopy face, was now screaming. 

???: What is the meaning of this?!!!!!! Why are our men obeying you?!!!!

The other three leaders sat down in their chairs, as Kiyotaka brought up a chair, facing towards the fat leader. 

Sitting down, he took out a pistol from the pocket of his white tuxedo. 

Kiyotaka: It was simple really. All people ever care about is money after all. Like the old saying goes, 'Money talks.' I paid each man 3 times the amount you all paid them. 

???: HOW CAN YOU EVEN AFFORD THAT?!!! YOU'RE JUST A BRAT!!!!

Kiyotaka sighed as he loaded a bullet in his golden custom revolver. 

Kiyotaka: When a man has seen the lowest part of his life, they realize one thing.

Firing his gun, the bullet went right past the fat man as it curved and went through the other three leader's heads, as they all fell to the ground. A chuckle could be heard from the golden pistol.  

The bullet then came back as Kiyotaka caught it with his other hand.

Kiyotaka: It will never get as bad as your lowest.  

Reloading his gun, the fat man fell to the ground as he sighed. 

???: You won't get away with this. We have ties with the World Government. They'll treat you like a pirate and put a bounty on your head. You'll have bounty hunters after you for the rest of your life! My men won't stand for it either!

Kiyotaka: Your men and the rest of the West Blue, pirates included, won't be harmed by me. Due to my intervention, they'll disband or try to stay together. Either way, the impenetrable underworld of the West Blue will now be brought to an end. And in it's place, I have plans to shape this section of the world in my image.  

As the gun clicked, the fat man now started to beg as the other guards continued to have their guns on him.

???: I'll give you twice as much as that brat gave you! Just kill him!!!

Kiyotaka looked at him as he sighed. 

Kiyotaka: You don't seem to understand. 

His eyes, normally brown, turned red as he looked at the final leader of the big families. 

Kiyotaka: Anyone who works for me, can never betray my orders. 

Turning around, Kiyotaka started to walk out of the room. His eyes returned to normal as he declared!

Kiyotaka: Execute him. 

Dozens of gunshots rang around as the final leader of the big families, was deceased. 

...

...

...

The entire stadium was in ashes as Kiyotaka ordered his men to set the entire place on fire, burning everything down. 

Walking with the hundreds of Security alongside him, they brought him to a carriage where he said inside. 

Inside, a girl one year younger than Kiyotaka, sat right to the opposite of him. 

???: What took you so long, boss?

Kiyotaka took a glass of wine from the cellar inside the carriage. 

Kiyotaka: Oh, you know me. I just like to put on a show. 

???: I hope you know how stupid you are for doing this. Now the world government is going to send every able Marine in the West Blue after you. You might even get a big enough bounty for forces outside of the West Blue to come looking for you!

Kiyotaka sighed. 

Kiyotaka: Amasawa, you should know full well, that mere foot soldiers and lackeys that are just scraps will do nothing against me. And besides, they won't be my problem anymore.  

Amasawa: Excuse me?!

Kiyotaka: I think I've accumulated enough strength to venture out of the West Blue. And with a bounty about to loom over my head, it's a sure thing now.  

Amasawa: Don't tell me-

Kiyotaka: I am going to be finally begin my purpose in life. I am going to find the One Piece. 

Amasawa: You're an idiot, boss. There's a reason it hasn't been found for 24 years!

Kiyotaka: All the more reason to venture out. It means no one has been smart enough to find it, whether it be the World Government, the Warlords of the Sea, and even the 4 Yonkos of the World. 

Amasawa: But boss, you have everything a person could possibly dream! And what, you're going to just throw it away?!

Kiyotaka: This wealth means nothing to me. It is petty change compared to the One Piece. With it, I can bring an end to all order. And I can rule over the entire world. 

Amasawa: You're going to take over the entire West Blue! Isn't that enough?  

Kiyotaka: This forsaken corner of the world? No thank you. And besides, that is where you'll come in, Amasawa 

Amasawa: What?!

Kiyotaka: In my absence, you will rule and expand West Blue. You will be replacing the big families. Of course, there will be the outcry from former members, but nothing someone like you wouldn't be able to handle. 

Amasawa: I-I don't know what to say!

Kiyotaka: You can simply say thank you. 

Kiyotaka took another sip of wine as the silence in the carriage lingered. 

Amasawa: So I'll get you a fleet and a hefty crew-

Kiyotaka finished his glass and shook his head in disapproval.

Kiyotaka: That won't be necessary. I will change out of this suit, gather some belongings, and take a small sailboat. 

Amasawa: WHAT?! Don't you want a crew to help you at least?!

Kiyotaka: Where's the fun in that?

Amasawa: Fun?!

Kiyotaka: What's the point in being a ruler if you can't have fun? I could just use my wealth in order to decimate my competition. But I'll become too dependent on wealth to do things I should do on my own. I'll build my own crew.  

Amasawa sighed and smiled. 

Amasawa: I guess if anyone can do it, it's you, boss. 

Kiyotaka: I know. I was bred for it after all. I guess that's the only thing my father did right.  

Amasawa went quiet as she knew exactly what her boss was telling her. But it was something he rarely talked about. If a person brought up anything regarding his past, Kiyotaka would silence them, be it enemies or his own men. Amasawa is the only subordinate who knows about what Kiyotaka was referring to. And Kiyotaka will make sure it stays like that.

The carriage stopped as they reached the harbor where their vessel was stationed. 

Kiyotaka: Well, let's go. 

Amasawa nodded. 

...

...

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 5.1K 20
Classroom of the Elite standard storyline but with a very heavy emphasis on Romance, specifically to our favorite ice queen. VOLUME 1 END VOLUME 2 IN...
1.8K 45 6
I'm adding characters from other series as my OCs! Their personalities may change to fit the story! Way of writing: XXX: normal text - XXX says XXX:...
930K 25.2K 111
Kiyo x honami ship Since Most of the good Class B Fanfics are on hiatus , And the rest are Delaying updates , I Got Bored and decided to do it myself...