𝐒𝐮𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐮𝐫𝐬...

By QWUIN--

❝im a nurse. I don't need your help to recover❞ In which tenya iida meets the distant & closed off substitute... More

Prolouge
Ch.1| YOU

Ch.2 | STUDY SESSION

52 7 1
By QWUIN--

-
KNOCK KNOCK, the sound of a knock on the door woke the boy up from his thoughts. Or his studies to be exact.

Tenya is really book smart, not to mention diligent. So it really frustrated him that he cant understand this one chapter of biology.

"Come in" 

Hearing the muffled approval, you opened the door with your usual straight face as his face turned into a surprised and confused one.

"(L/n)-san? What are you doing here?"

"Can I please come in?"

The words out of your mouth just made him more confused and a little scared of what you want actually. He cleared his throat before allowing. And with that you stepped in as the door behind you closes.

"Pardon, (l/n)-san but is there something you need? I thought we had an agreement" he says looking back at her from his chair as he did his hand gesture.

"Your brother has sent me to help you study. He said he was worried"

As the boy went silent, you sighed before walking up to his desk. Standing beside him looking at the several papers and books opened.

"So? What is this lesson that bothers the bright tenya so much?" You say sarcastically, as tenya faced his desk again

"It's anatomy biology. Or more specifically the blood circulatory system" he sighed

"If I were to be honest with you (l/n)-san, I've always thought biology was such a complicated lesson. No matter how many books i read, I don't seem to understand it fully. It's probably why i placed second in mid terms.." he told looking at the many many papers that contained his notes of trying to understand the subject.

Your face stayed straight but actually you do feel empathy for him. After all, Academic struggles are your main struggles.

"Well that's why I'm here aren't i?" You say as he looked up to you with a hopeful glim in his eyes.

You picked up a paper or two to analyze his notes and finally spot a mistake. Well it was a simple.

"Tenya-sama, have you tried using visuals to your learning?"

"I suppose.. the books I have only explain through texts.." he said putting himself in a thinking matter, finger below chin and all. You sweat dropped.

'What kind of anatomy book doesn't have pictures of a heart'

"That's fine tenya-Sama, but to understand the human circulatory system or more specifically the heart you're going to need pictures tenya-sama"

"But where are we going to get a picture of a heart?"

'The internet you dufus'

"Allow me" you say before taking a pencil and started drawing. He watched, fascinated. As you drew the aorta, vena, parts of the heart before finally completing it with the arteries and veins connecting it to the lung above it.

" tenya-Sama would you happen to have any blue and red markers?"

"Yes! of course!"he startle. He gave the said markers to you from a drawer below before you used them to colour the parts.

"Now, would you like for me to explain the short of it first before we get into the details. It'd be easier that way" you looked at him as the stars in his eyes disappear as he nodded.

"The circulatory system is made up of blood vessels that certain blood away from and towards the heart.

veins carry blood back to the heart" you turned your sight from the drawing to him who seemed to be really focused and really taking this seriously, which you appreciated.

"You know, you can actually see your veins through your skin" and slowly you took the back of his hand and brought it to the desk, before pointing and tracing along the veins in it.

"See this blue branch lines? These are your veins

While on the other hand the Arteries carry blood away from the heart. And for arteries you can't really see them through your skin because arteries are buried deep your tissue..

Tenya-sama..did you understood my explanation?"

The boy looked like he had a lot on his mind as he just kept blankly staring at his hand. And Unbeknownst to you his ear had actually become pink by the sudden touch.

"Hm? Yes! Please, keep explaining (L/n)-san"

-

AFTER AN HOUR or so you guys were finally finished in the lesson.

"Thank you so much (L/n)-san I really couldn't have done ot without you" he smiled

"It's nothing. I'm just doing my job. On the bright side it really helps me refresh my brain" you answer leaning back to another of tenyas chair you've pulled for yourself in the middle of the lesson.

"My mother told me you were the same age as me, how come you know so much about anatomy? You even gave me more material about it. Are you that interested in it?"

"I guess you could say that"

"If I may ask (L/n)-san, you stay here 24/7 taking care of my mother shouldn't you be in high-school? Seeing how smart you are I assume that you're enrolling in one. And what about-"

"Woah there! I am aware that your quirk makes you speedy but please slow down. We're not that close for you to be asking too any questions. We have a deal, dont you recall?" You say Suddenly standing up. His eyes widened in realization and he was meaning to apologize when you suddenly said

"Please excuse me, tenya-Sama."
You turned to leave and as you were about to open the door you were stopped when he suddenly stood up from his chair

"Tenya. Please just call me tenya (L/n)-san.."

He says, hoping for you to turn back and look at him again.

"As you wish.."

You left the room. And he was just left there, dumbfounded. As he sat back on his chair and looked at yours. Flashing back to the past hour. He was amazed by your intelligence and your charm, your demeanor has changed and it showed him that you are not the angry girl he made you out to be.
But in a moment of realization he shook his head

'I shouldn't be thinking this way.'

-
SUNDAY MORNING, a lovely morning if was as the Iida family sat on the dining table, and as the girl left after putting down their food, Tensei cleared his throat eyeing his brother.

"What?"

"So..?"

But tenya just looked at him in confusion.

"What your brother was trying to say is, how was your study last night with (y/n)?" Mrs. Iida asked before tensei added, muffled by the food.

"More like study-date"

"It was not a study date!"

"Right...so how did it go?" The mother proceeded.

"It went well. I finally understood the lesson. And I was actually really suprised on how she understood the subject very much. I never took her as the smart type of person" he says making both his mother and brother smile

"I knew I could trust her. She's a medical student you know"

"A medical student? Tensei are you being serious?" He asked earning a nod from him. Immediately he stopped with a suprised face staring at his brother. He was stunned to say the least.

"I know tenya likes smart girls" he laughed as he whispered to his mother, making her shook her head in amusement.

-
SUNDAYS is a day where most of the iida family members are home, meaning it is the one day where food also runs out quickly.

"Mrs. Iida. im going to go get groceries. Would you like to request anything for dinner?"

The woman turned her sight away from the magazine she was reading on the couch, before asking her oldest for any suggestions

"I'm fine with any... but you know.." he started.

You've only worked here for a week but you know this ain't gonna be good.

"There must be a lot of groceries for one family, wouldn't you want some help with them?" He said with his cheeky smile.

"It's fine. I can do it myself, really"

"What if tenya were to help you? He can helo you carry the groceries and even tell you what the family likes! Isn't  that a good idea mom?" He says happily as he turned to his mother.

"Yes! And no need to worry about me (y/n), my son will take care of me"

"Then it's settled! Let me call tenya for you" he cheerfully said, standing up from the couch and walking out.

'Fuck me'

-

An: 2 years of not writing so I'm very sorry if the writing has changed. I'm very happy that some of you guys really enjoy this story & I hope you stay tune.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 13.5K 58
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
318K 9.6K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
239K 11.1K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
240K 8.5K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...