Metanoia | Rewriting

By julietwritess

Currently rewriting Previously known as His Innocent Angel (n.) the journey of changing one's mind, heart, s... More

Introducion
𝟷. π™½π™Έπ™²π™·π™Ύπ™»π™°πš‚
𝟸. π™΅π™Έπ™Άπ™·πšƒ
𝟹. π™²πš„π™Ώπ™²π™°π™Ίπ™΄πš‚
𝟺. π™±πš„πš‚π™Έπ™½π™΄πš‚πš‚
𝟻. 𝙱𝙰𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙢
𝟼. π™΅π™°π™Όπ™Έπ™»πšˆ
𝟽. πšƒπš†π™Έπ™½πš‚
𝟾. π™±πšπ™Ύπšƒπ™·π™΄πšπš‚
𝟷𝟢. π™Ύπ™±πš‚π™΄πš‚πš‚π™Έπ™Ύπ™½
𝟷𝟷. π™³π™°πšƒπ™΄πš‚
𝟷𝟸. π™΅π™Έπšπš‚πšƒ
𝟷𝟹. πš‚πš†π™΄π™΄πšƒ π™±π™΄π™°πš

𝟿. π™°πš‚πš‚π™°πš‚πš‚π™Έπ™½

32.7K 660 94
By julietwritess

Lily POV

I yawned, getting pillows and blankets for Nicholas. "Do you need more?" I asked.

"No, I think I'm good." He laid back but sat straight back up. "Actually I will take another one."

I giggled, shaking my head. I brought back more pillows and blankets for him and had a cup of water near him just in case. "If you need anything else just knock on my door. It's on the right side down the hallway."

He merely nodded before getting comfortable on the couch. I smile, heading back to my own room to sleep but yet after some twists and turns, I couldn't.

I sighed, staring down at the ceiling and the light hanging around my room. My mouth slightly opened while my thoughts scattered around my mind. My daydream ceased as I heard an audible commotion outside.

My body jolted up. I tiptoed to the living room but screamed when I saw a shadow. "Fuck you scared me. Boo, it's me. Are you okay?" she asked, putting her hand over her chest.

"My goodness, I thought you were somebody else. But you heard the loud crashing sound too right?"

"Thank god, it wasn't just me. I thought I was hearing things. Here." She handed me a broom. "If you see something, hit it."

I nodded, muttering okay before we entered the living room. I held the broom up while Lia held her slipper. We slowly walked through the living room, seeing all the lights still off but the noise was still heard.

I went over to Nicholas on the couch but he wasn't there. I sighed in relief when the thought came through that it was simply Nicholas that was making all that rackets sound.

Unexpectedly, the lights were turned on by Lia. We both see Nicholas and a masked man. We gasped in horror as the person had a firearm in their hand whilst Nicholas attempted to fight them off. 

"Te metiste con la latina equivocada hoy idiota." She hit the person with her slippers and hurled them at him. "Ni siquiera intentes escapar. Te lo lanzaré, y créeme, no fallaré." (You messed with the wrong latina today idiot. Don't even try to escape. I'll throw it at you, and believe me, I won't miss.)

The masked man shrieked and defended his body with his arms from Lia's slippers. Nicholas escaped from the man's hold and took the opportunity to punch him in the stomach which made him shout in pain. "Fucking hell," the man groaned obstreperously.

"Eh eh eh! Me bajas el volumen o te cambio el tono." Lia ran over to the kitchen and grabbed a pan and started hitting him with it. (Eh, eh, eh! Lower your volume or I will change your tone.)

My eyes widened at my impressive roommate. I hastily scurried over and merged with them. I smack him with the broomstick. As we strike the man with our weapons Nicholas knocked the gun out of the man's hand and pointed it toward the man.

"Okay, ladies I suppose you can stop now but you can continue if you want," Nicholas grinned. He strolled over to the sofa and supervised us beating the man up with a slight grin on his face.

Lia's eyes and mine connected and we both smiled, thinking the same thing. We laughed as we swatted him with a slipper, pan, and broomstick. "This is a glee to my night," Lia chortled.

"Such a pleasure to watch," Nicholas chuckled, crossing his leg whilst having the gun in his hand.

"I would love to resume this but I have a question. Why is this man here with a gun?" I asked.

Lia stopped hitting him and glanced at Nicholas. "Don't even think about running away. I grew up with a Hispanic mother so do not test me." She glared at the man as crossed her arms and raised her brows as well.

We glimpsed at Nicholas for an answer. He only sighed while phoning someone. He simply hummed on the phone but said, "Great be here in five" at the end of the call.

"It's being taken care of but do you want to stay here for tonight? I could arrange something for you two as a thank you for what happened."

"Yes, can you arrange something for us, please? I don't suppose it's secured since more frightening assassins can possibly come by which I pray they don't," Lia said, smacking the guy once more.

"Yeah, I can." He phoned someone and organized something for us. I stared whilst plotting myself on the couch.

I laid on the couch in wow. We could have died but we didn't because of Mama's self-defense class. Goodness, she's a lifesaver.

"Hey, I have a location established. Pack a bag for a night or two. You never know," he shrugged, getting off the phone.

"Watch him for me will ya?" Lia asked, giving the pan to him.

"Yeah, sure do, but I won't require a pan though."

"Suit yourself then." She shrugged, grabbed the pan away from him, and positioned it on the table.

I wandered back to my room and grabbed a duffle bag. I squeezed a whole week of clothes, hair equipment, and stuffed animals. I jumped onto the bag, anticipating it to close and it did, fortunately. I met Nicholas in the front while waiting for Lia.

I sat back on the sofa as we waited for her. I took tiny glances at the man who broke into the apartment and wondered.

Abruptly a knock came. I turn my head to the door and then to Nicholas. "Don't worry. They are my subordinates," he said, opening the door.

Approximately, ten possibly more people came in. I stare at them as they enter and take the man. Some took glances at me with illegible looks yet some looked at me up and down with an aversion face.

I shrugged, brushing their mugged face off. Well, you can't be liked by everyone but what problem do they have with me though

"Boo, ready to go?" I turned my head towards Lia.

"Yeah, ready," I smiled, nodding my head.

"Great ladies. I will guide you to your new temporary niche."

We followed Nicholas outside to a tinted SUV. He opened the doors for us but yet something felt somewhat alarming to me. 

I brushed it off again, telling myself that I'm possibly overreacting because the man who had a gun and practically could have killed us is gone or I hope that he is. I leaned my head against the window feeling exhausted now but I know once we get to the place I won't feel tired again. I blinked a couple of times before my eyes fully closed and slumber reached me.

"Boo, c'mon wake up." I sense someone shaking me to the brim.

"I'm awake. Please stop shaking me," I groaned, rubbing my eyes.

"Yep, sorry."

I opened my eyes, noticing Nicholas outside looking like a guard and Lia next to me awake. "Are we here?" I asked.

"Yeah, Nicholas is simply checking the property ensuring that no one is in there. How are you feeling?"

"Exhausted but other than that incredible. How about you?"

"Petrified when that man came into our apartment but you know what mama taught us if someone attempted to rob us. Grab the slipper first then the pan and knife if those two weapons didn't bring the intruder down," she laughed a little, remembering the times mama told us that and taught us it.

"I permanently love her for that," I smiled.

"Ladies, you can come out now. The building is cleared so no one can bother nor harm you two. I will have a guard station," Nicholas said.

"Thanks for what you have done today. Be safe, don't be a stranger. Goodnight." We bit Nicholas farewell which made him smile.

"I will have the guard drive both of you to school tomorrow. Goodnight ladies." He leaped into the car and drove off.

I glanced at Lia in shockery then at the guard who was waiting for us. "Hi, I'm Lily, nice to meet you," I said.

"And I'm Dahlia."

"I'm Greyson, Madams. I will be protecting you through the night. I will be stationed in the living room which is on the bottom floor in the front. Press this button if you are in any sort of danger thus pressing it will notify me in seconds. The rooms are upstairs, make yourselves at home, please," he smiled, leading us in.

My eyes widened immediately when walking in. Woah okay.

The whole living room is bigger than Lia's and I apartment. I glanced around taking in the modern design of the house. Two large staircases in the front connected on the top to the second floor and an enormous chandelier was placed in the middle.

"Okay thank you, Mr. Greyson. I think we will take it from here if you don't mind," Lia said, glimpsing every single aspect of this house.

"I don't mind at all. I will be here if you need me." He strolled back to the living room.

Lia and I both looked at each other and smiled as if we were thinking the same thing. I cracked a smile and started running up the stairs as she did the same.

Once we got to the top of the staircase we split our ways and went into the first room that we saw. I ran and starfished onto the bed and oh my god it is comfortable. My body sank into the mattress. I feel like I'm on a cloud. I don't want to move but I have to shower and brush my teeth.

I snuggled up finding the spot. I close my eyes feeling sleep coming towards me but I hear the door knock. "Ma'am, can I come in?" I hear Greyson ask.

I sighed, rubbing my eyes. "Yes, come in."

"I was about to order some food, do you want anything?" he asked, peeking into the room.

"No, thank you, Greyson but thanks for asking," I smiled, trying to get comfortable again.

"Okay then, goodnight ma'am." He closed the door and left. I shut my eyes whilst twisting and turning everywhere on the bed. I sighed again in frustration. I snatched the remote controller and scrolled through Netflix til I found the perfect movie.

Enola Holmes is the film and it's about her finding her mother through puzzles yet her brothers who she hasn't seen in eternity come back when her mother left. To the part where Enola found Tewkesbury in the flower market, I started to feel sleepy. I sealed my eyes as sleep arrived for me.

• • •

The sun glares at my face as a result of me waking up. I stretched my muscles. I leaned up, feeling oily and icky. I blinked twice to get my vision right and strolled to the bathroom. I leaped to the shower, shivering as I felt cold water connects to my skin. I did my morning routine and wandered downstairs to see Greyson knocked out on the couch.

I smiled softly, walked into the kitchen, and decided to make breakfast for all of us. I looked at the fridge and as I guessed there was no food in it.

I nibbled on my lip, tapping my fingers on the counter. I shook my head telling myself that you're simply overthinking it, Lily. Just go, what can happen if you go alone to the market for a few minutes? Possibly nothing.

I shrugged, leaving the house and taking the car because I have no indication of where I am. Nearly after thirty minutes I finally found a grocery market since the GPS kept showing me the wrong way.

I headed in, grabbing everything I needed for today and perhaps tomorrow. I proceeded back to the car with four hefty bags which I asked the delightful workers to help me with possibly if they could.

I drove back to the house with Greyson still asleep on the couch and Lia not awake yet but who can blame them it's still eight o'clock am.

I clasped a pan and a pot and proceeded to make a healthy, energetic, and filling breakfast. I had chocolate pancakes, avocado toast with bacon bits as a garnish, yogurt on the side, and of course, various types of fruits cut up.

Perhaps the smell of bacon woke Greyson up because as soon I put the bacon on the pan he was behind me and awake. My eyes widen as I put my hand over my chest and breathe heavily. "My god, you scared the living cow out of me!"

"Sorry ma'am but couldn't help to see what you are making." He leaned over the stovetop.

"I'm making a healthy breakfast. Go do your morning routine and the food will be done. Can you possibly wake up Dahlia for me, please?" I asked.

"Yes I can do that ma'am," he said, nodding.

"Okay thank you."

I set out plates and placed the pans on the table. I grabbed some beverages from the fridge and three glass cups.

I glanced up at the stairs, seeing Lia and Greyson coming down. "Well, good morning to both of you. Eat up because I made a lot."

"Wow thank you, madam." He enlarged his eyes in shock at how much food there is.

"Boo, you're the best. I freaking love you. My god, no one can top your food!" Her eyes rolled behind her head and dramatically fainted on the floor.

"She's right. My goodness, this is the finest food I ever had." He nodded, pointing at the pancake.

I giggled a bit, seeing how they reacted to my cooking. Cooking is the answer to everything, even to stressful, happy, and tragic situations.

I smiled and snatched a plate for myself before they ate it all. After breakfast, Lia and Greyson insisted on washing the dishes, which I had no complaints about.

I grasped my chemistry book since we have a quiz today and I thought I would review it a bit. After going through the book and my notes I hear Lia shouting, "Hey, boo we have to get ready for school. Greyson, we're going to borrow the car for a few hours!"

"Don't worry, I'm going to drive you, girls, to school!" he shouted back.

"Okay thank you!" I shouted back as well. The shouting went back and forth until we got outside and jumped into the car.

I looked outside seeing Nicholas in the front waiting. "Morning Nicholas! Miss us?" I asked with a smile.

"Not a bit." He shook his head. He glanced at Greyson and nodded at him. Greyson nodded back and drove off.

"Well, I hope you're prepared for the chem quiz today," I patted his back in hopes he remembered.

"Fuck I forgot about that," he sighed. Of course, he didn't

"Here use my notes." I handed him my big notebook. I walk to history with Nicholas behind and frantically swiping through the pages.

We sat together in the back since I didn't want him to get caught studying for chem instead of listening to the history lesson. At the end of history, he gave me back the book thankfully because I had four minutes to remember everything.

When I walked into chem the test was already out on the tables and a bucket in front with the signs 'phones in here' and 'backpacks in the back.'

My eyes widened at the paper in front. I seriously just forget everything right now.

• • •

School merely ended now and the test was terrible. I glanced around, hoping to find Lia and I did with Levi and the twins. "Hey guys," I smiled.

"Hey bunny," Tristan smiled, biting the edge of his lip.

"My beauty is here!" Mason came running and carried me in his arms. "Look at her. She's so captivating. My god, I can stare at her all day."

I laughed. "Okay, Mason. I think you can let me down now."

"Okay," he frowned. I looked away, knowing that I would give in, and glimpsed at Tristan who waved at me with a smirk.

"Hello bunny, miss me?"

"I did," I smiled.

"My god. Just ask her out on a date already. Stop flirting with her. Grow some balls, man," Levi sighed.

The twins rolled their eyes at him but when they looked back at me their mouths turned into a grin. "I already did. Today at three in the afternoon. I will swing by your apartment," Mason said.

"The apartment is getting renovated right now. I will send you a different address," I said.

"I did too but on Friday," Tristan said, glancing at his twin.

"Sorry to ruin the moment but we have work, boo." I turned to Lia shrugging.

I glanced at the time and she was right. The time we get to work is the time we clock in. "Yeah, sorry."

"We will text you," the twins yelled.

A smitten smile came toward my face. I glanced at Lia who was on her phone texting Levi and redness was all across her face.

Guess we're both smitten

I strolled into the bakery seeing Irene in the register and Walter in the back. "Afternoon Irene and Walter," I said waving to them.

"Hey Lily," they both smiled.

The day went as usual. The immense rush came quicker than usual though. Everything settled after that and whilst I finished my first batch of cupcakes I heard a familiar voice asking, "Is Lily working today?" 

I walked out of the kitchen and saw Matteo standing there smelling like cigarettes. "I got it from here, Irene. Go take your break with Walter."

She nods, getting Walter from the back and leaving for the diner across the street.

"Hey, Matteo. Where's Dimples?" I asked.

"Ciao, il mio bellissima angelo, I miss you. Remind me who Dimples is again."

"Raphael, your brother," I simply said.

"Right, he had work to do," he nodded.

"Okay, fortunate for you though!" I smiled, grabbing the cupcakes underneath the counter. "You get to have these all by yourself." 

"I'm not having these by myself, amore. You will be joining me," he said. He held out his hand with a small candy in it.

"I can't, Matteo. I got work and you know that," I smiled slightly whilst taking the candy from his hand. "But thanks for the candy and offer."

"Angel, you got it all wrong. I wasn't asking, I was telling. This will cover your shift and if it's not enough I will add in more." He puts rolls of hundreds in the tip jar but halts when I tell him to.

"Keep your money. I don't want it nor do I need it." He handed him back his cash but when he wasn't taking it, I put it in his pocket square.

He hummed looking at me but slowly smirked and chuckled. "The things I want to do to you, angel."

I put my hand on his as he guided me to the booth where we first met. I took a cupcake and slowly consumed it. I glimpsed at Matteo. He doesn't eat but rather stares at me with his hands clasped. 

"Why aren't you eating?" I asked.

He smirked. "I simply relished you devouring that cupcake when it should be my cock. Making you gag while your mascara runs down your cheeks when you tear up from it and my load spilling everywhere on your face."

My eyes widen as I cough. "Excuse me." I ran to get water from my bag. "Sorry about that." I walked back to Matteo but he wasn't here instead he was behind me.

"No it's alright, angel. Are you alright?" He puts his hand around my waist.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Let's get back to eating." We sat down and ate but I felt some cream on my face.

"You got some frosting on your face darling," Matteo said. I attempted to get the cream off my face but failed.

"Here let me help you," he said, smiling. He glazed his thumb near my mouth where the frosting was. He shifted his thumb toward my mouth telling me to lick it clean. "Clean up your mess, angel. Don't want a mess baby now do we?"

"I-I'm not a baby." I tried to say but it all came out as a mumble.

"Mhm, but you are an extremely adorable angel that I want to demolish. Do you want to hear my thoughts, mi amore?"

I stared at his eyes while licking his thumb clean but he didn't stare back rather he stared at my mouth. He ran his thumb all over my tongue. He swirls his thumb around.

I looked at his eyes and it darkened. He spread my saliva throughout my lips which dropped to my chin. He unhurried, removed his thump from my lips, and began to eat a cupcake.

"I wanna hear your thoughts! What's on your mind, Matteo?" I asked, finishing the cupcake.

"You, angel. But do you truly want to hear my dirty thoughts about you? How I desire so much to bend you over this booth, harshly tug your hair, and make you call yourself a-"

"I-I think you have said enough." I quickly covered his mouth with my hand and glanced around to see if someone heard us.

I pulled my hand back as soon as I felt his tongue licking my hand. "What was that for?!" I asked.

"I merely wanted to know what you taste like but it didn't help. I might have to taste your mouth next time," he shrugged.

"Just finish your cupcake, Matteo," I laughed, shaking my head.

Now it's my turn to stare at him as he devours the cupcake. When he finished he looked at me with a slight smile and said, "Thank you for the cupcakes angel."

"Yeah, no problem. Come by anytime. Matteo, can I ask you a favor?"

"What is it?" he asked.

"If it's not a problem can you possibly drive me home? I don't want to be a burden for what you have planned today and I could simply take the subway. Never mind, pretend like I didn't ask you." I rambled nervously.

"Angel, my love, stop overthinking it. You don't need to be nervous and yes I can drive you home," he answered.

"Okay, thank you." I breathe in relief.

I clocked out and finalized putting tomorrow's cupcakes in the freezer. I said my goodbyes to Irene and Walter and went outside to see Matteo leaning on his car. He opened the door for me and seat belts me in, which was extremely kind of him. The car ride was quiet until Matteo shattered the silence.

"What happened to your apartment?" he asked.

"Long story short a man broke in with a firearm. Nicholas fought him off and got the gun away from the man while Lia and I started beating the man with a broom, pan, and slippers."

He glanced at me and smirked. "Wow, I didn't know my adorable little angel was such a feisty woman. Are you okay though?"

"Yeah, simply delighted that no one got injured except for that man."

"Trust me that man is more than injured. He's dying slowly right now," Matteo muttered.

"Huh?" I furrowed my brows.

"Nothing, amore," he smiled. The car ride went back to silence. "Here we are, angel."

"Thank you, Matteo. Goodbye, drive safe, okay?" I said but before I could open the door he opened it for me. "Thank you again, Matteo."

"My pleasure, angel. Be safe."

Once I got to the house I saw Greyson there tapping his foot and his arm crossed. "Hi Greyson," I smiled.

"Where were you, young lady? You were supposed to be back home twenty minutes ago and your date will be arriving soon."

My eyes widened. I entirely forgot about that. "Thanks for reminding me, Greyson."

I sprinted back upstairs and started getting ready. I showered and when I was getting dressed I heard a ding on my phone. I peeked at it and it was a text message saying, I already miss you, angel.

The only person who calls me angel is Matteo.

Bold-Matteo
Italicize-Lily

How did you get my phone number, Matteo?

I have my ways. What are you doing now?

Getting ready to hang out with a friend and you?

Driving to work. Have fun, amore.

~~~~~~~~
Vote & Comment

Rewritten 080623

Favorite part of the story?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

569K 14.1K 65
He was a devil inside out. Suffering his way through life. She was haunted by her past. A dark past no one knew about. Until he saved her Until sh...
2.2M 60.6K 52
"Matteo." she whispered, her eyes flitting down for a second to his lips. "My pretty little baby." He touched his thumb to her bottom lip, gently ca...
125K 2.1K 14
Arielle Anders, a sweet, innocent, pure girl. What happens when she meets the four Romano Brothers, Giovanni, Mario, Marco, and Angelo. What happen...
134K 3.3K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...