Devil's Game - Genshin x Obey...

By ThatWriterInOrbit

When Leviathan was excited to try out this new game he bought, it ended up changing his entire world instead... More

Author's Note
Prologue ~ Let The Show Begin!
Part I - For A Tomorrow Without Tears
Chapter 1 - Gods And Monsters
Chapter 2: Travelers From Afar
Chapter 3 - Demons, Begone
Part II - Farewell, Archaic Lord
Chapter 4 - Can't See Me, Can't See You
Chapter 5: Freeze My Soul
Part III - We Will Be Reunited
Chapter 7 - Adventures Of A Lifetime
Epilogue
Bonus ~ Barbatos?
Specials - The Devil Tells Stories

Chapter 6 - Distant Rumors

173 7 3
By ThatWriterInOrbit

Right after the war with Osial, Levi was granted pride and honor from the Qixing. The city of Liyue rejoiced once more at their nation's safety from an impending doom. The Qixing put up posters for Levi's lost brothers all around the city and he was also told to meet with Zhongli right after the gathering ended. He decided to bring them to an old favorite restaurant of his, to treat him to a meal. Levi happily agreed and he followed Zhongli closely behind, liking his presence more and more. 

They sat down and ordered some food. As they begin to dig in, Zhongli spoke up. "How does it feel experiencing Liyue's culture and having a glimpse of the archon war with your own eyes, traveler?" 

Levi paused for a while. "It's so overwhelming but I like it. Everyone's so united and they were really devoted to Rex Lapis, even though he's already gone. "

Zhongli answered, "Indeed. Sometimes, there are moments where you learn to let go and discover new things along the way. Your journey has only begun so there's no rush to meet it's end. There will always be good things awaiting you in the future. "

Leviathan ate in silence. All this time, he had dying to go home. But what Zhongli said made sense. After all, he can always choose to travel between this world and his. It's just like what Venti told him. In every journey, it's always better to stop and admire the scenery. Take in the little things around you instead of rushing through it all. Levi smiled, already knowing the decision he'll make. As he continued his dinner with Zhongli, Levi couldn't help but wanting to take a stroll around Liyue before he returns to Mondstadt. 

- Unknown Location -

"How is it possible that you have allowed this traveler to defeat you?" A short boy with a large hat snapped angrily at Childe who was adjusting his scarf. 

The ginger head groaned in exasperation. "He was far stronger than Signora's assessment of him and it caught me off guard. I was defeated but I did stand my ground of course. It sucks that she had tricked me in the end. "

"It was for the better, Childe, or else this plan would have been in shatters. " Signora mused. The other boy trailed his hands along the edge of a fine velvet chair. 

"If he is really as interesting as you claim him to be, then I am curious to see him for myself. " He muttered. "I can't wait to see the look in his eyes when I turn the tables on him. "

"Let's wait for the Tsaritsa's next plan, maybe you'll be able to see him again soon Scaramouche." Childe answered him. 

The 6th Fatui Harbinger lets out a gleeful laugh. "Oh yes, I will look forward to that. " 

-Mondstadt-

"A strange traveler here in Mondstadt? " Levi asked Katheryne. "Who could it be?" 

The robot at the adventurers' guild responded, "He is tall and wears a peculiar outfit, along with blonde hair and an eyepatch. He was sticking out like a sore thumb and does not wish to communicate much. I'm guessing he might be part of your next mission, traveler. "

"Huh, eyepatch? Do you think he's related to Kaeya?" Levi said thoughtfully. 

Paimon answered. "Why do you always think that someone is related to Kaeya just because he wears an eyepatch?" Levi chuckled, feeling guilty. 

Katheryn then continued speaking. "If you wish to speak with him there are many people who have came across his before. Maybe you just might be able to catch him on time. " Levi agreed and began asking around. First was the guards, then the blacksmith and the bartender. Charles, who works in Angel's Share claims that this stranger would often come over for something to drink, preferably wine. Charles then suggests that they stop by later in the afternoon where he will be coming to the tavern for his order of wine. Levi agreed and went upstairs, secretly waiting. As time flies by, the door of the tavern opened and Levi finally spots the traveler. He is indeed mysterious and intimidating. The man received his cup of wine and went to sit at a table by the window. Together with Paimon, Levi softly walked down and went to meet the stranger. 

"Hey there, I'm the honorary knight of Mondstadt. " Levi spoke. He did not get a response. Paimon asked him to try a different response but still nothing worked. He then just simply said, "Hi, I'm a traveler. "

That caught his attention and the man replied, "A traveler? How interesting, what are you traveling for?" 

"I'm looking for my lost brothers here in this world. " He answered bluntly. The man stopped to look at Levi for a quick second before he gestured at the seat before him. 

"The name is Dainsleif and I am also a traveler. " He spoke. "Before I accept your commissions for me, I have a few questions for you. " Levi nodded and he began. "First question. During Mondstadt's crisis with Stormterror regarding the Anemo archon Venti, who do you think provided the most contribution to Mondstadt's freedom from this danger?" 

Levi stopped to think. He did help save  Mondstadt but without the help of the Knights of Favonius and Venti himself, this wouldn't have happened. He then sighed and said, "It's the Anemo Archon. " Dain hummed a response and continued with his questions. After Levi and answered them all, Dain accepted his offer to be recruited and help find his lost brothers. He then suggested they venture into an abandoned temple where he claims to be activities of the abyss order being held there. They travel to an abandoned cave ruin hidden deep in the mountains of Liyue. 

Once they teleported there, Dain decides to stay behind as Levi and Paimon venture in. 

-Abandoned Ruin-

"Sheesh, it's really dark and scary in here. " Paimon softly mumbles, her voice sending echoes all around. "No surprise that the abyss order would gather here. "

Levi began to walk cautiously along the broken concrete path. "It's their intentions to keep things hidden from the public eye. Let's head in deeper to see what they're up to. "

They look around at the ruins, seeing crumbled down rocks and boulders. Along with crates and chests that are there for no particular reason. Levi felt tingles creep down his spine and sheathed his sword. There were enemies lying in wait to steer anyone away from the abyss order. Levi decided to beat them up and destroy them before continuing on. He was also surprised to see treasure hoarder camps around here. As he tried to cross a long chasm full of dangerous traps, he used his wind gliders to hover down and was led to another secret path. There was another treasure hoarder camp that's long abandoned. He walked further in and what he saw in front of him was like a nightmare came to life. 

It was un upside down statue of the seven, with a dark circling orb of black energy swirling around it. Everything around it has been broken and torn down. Just right beside the statue was the dead body of a treasure hoarder. 

"Oh goodness, is he dead?" Paimon gasped. "He's not breathing, is he?" 

"That's the first dead body we've seen so far, apart from the casualties from Liyue's war. " Levi noted. "The dark energy in the ruins is what's affecting their deaths. "

"This must be done by the abyss order, they're up to no good again. " She spoke with anger. All of a sudden, the ground began to shake and glowing cracks began to form. "Oh no, what's happening? Quick, we need to find a way out of here!" 

Levi and Paimon dashed to the side, just in time for them to feel a strong suffocating energy all around them. It was getting hard to breath and Levi couldn't even focus well on the path in front of him. He has to cross another bridge with traps again that was also falling apart. He dashed straight ahead, jumping onto nearby gaps and trying not to fall straight down to his death. He tried to breath normally as he crossed the bridge again, avoiding these deadly traps. Soon enough, he was finally on the other side. Man, he does not want to do that ever again. As soon as he crossing the first door that led to another chamber, there was a tall looking monster that waited for him on the other side. He jumped in shock. 

"An abyss herald! The monsters Dain told us about!" Paimon cried. 

"About time I get to meet one of you. " Levi hissed, getting his sword out. The abyss herald growled down at him. 

"You have already seen the works of the abyss order, I shall not allow you to leave with this precious secret. Prepare to suffer the consequence of your actions, petty human. " The monster cried then attacked Levi. It was really fast and it had Hydro powers. Levi managed to dodge his ranged attacks but it got faster and faster. Levi wasn't able to catch up that well and he could only use certain elements to attack him with. Levi tried using all of his bursts and it took a long while to finally damage the abyss herald. Levi then ran after the abyss herald, leaping up into the air and swinging it hard across his masked face. It knocked him backwards, stunning him due to the hard strike earlier. Levi was about to continue when the abyss created a portal behind it. 

"You shall not defeat me anymore, human, for I am much needed in the abyss order's plans. " It spoke in it's monstrous voice. "If we ever do meet again, I shall not hesitate to destroy you. " Levi ran up to the herald, only for it to vanish away from sight. He then quickly turned away and left the abandoned ruins. 

-Liyue-

"You're back, traveler. " Dain greeted them. "I have a feeling you've bumped into an abyss herald while you're in there. "

"How do you know, Dain?" Paimon asked. "It was such a scary monster, Paimon has never seen one of those before. "

"My suspicions are right, the abyss order are the ones behind this. " He added. "Anything else happen back there? What else did you find?" 

"An inverted statue of the seven with dark energy around it." Levi explained. "It was also the source of abyssal power inside the ruins. As we were about to escape, we met an abyss herald. "

"Do you think it could be close by?" Paimon suggested. "Let's catch up to it and see where it's headed!"

-Mondstadt- 

"Tell me more about your lost brother. " Kaeya asked as he sat with Diavolo who had traveled from Liyue to Mondstadt on his own and is now relaxing in Angel's Share. "What had brought him here in the first place?" 

Diavolo took a deep breath and sighed. "Do you really want to know?" He then looked at Kaeya's expectant gaze and proceeded. "Where I'm from, our world is far different from yours. It doesn't consist of monsters and magic, although we do also consider ourselves sentient beings. My brother he.....loves the thrill of games and challenges. "

Kaeya chuckled, "Ohoho, who doesn't? He sounds like a daredevil. "

"Yeah but that's just it, this time he's crossed the line." Diavolo continued, "There's this peculiar type of magic in our world that has allowed him to be completely absorbed into this strange world. It's a little bit hard to explain. "

"Try me, I've seen worse. " Kaeya prompted the demon prince to continue and he agreed. 

"Thing is, the world that he got brought into and the world I'm in now, is all part of a game. " Diavolo explained, feeling strange himself. "It might not make sense but this world is not our reality, it's yours instead. To us, Teyvat is just simply another dimension that we have traveled into and it's part of a game that Levi had purchased from a store. "

Kaeya was struck speechless. He paused for a long moment then blinking himself to reality. "Are you saying that this world is part of a game and it's not actually real to you, only to people like me?" Diavolo nodded and Kaeya leaned back, sighing. "Levi is now currently somewhere in Teyvat and you're gonna help us find him, right?" 

Kaeya tapped his drink a few times then nodding. "Yeah. And I know where he might be right now. But you're gonna have to go there without me. I am a knight and it is my duty to stay and protect Mondstadt from any other attacks. I will mark the location on your map and you will bring your brothers there to find him. " 

"Thank you, I will truly remember your willingness to help us with our mission, Kaeya. " Diavolo smiled warmly and Kaeya chuckled as they both shared a drink at the tavern. 

-Liyue-

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Mammon asked as they ventured down a steep rocky path in another spot in Liyue. "And to think that Diavolo is coming with us this time. "

Diavolo answered, "It's about time I get up and have a little walk. I have heard that the Abyss Order is a really dangerous organization and I'm not letting them hurt any of you. "

"We're perfectly fine on our own, Lord Diavolo, seriously. " Satan added. "We fought the boar king and-" 

"And I'm still coming with you so no questions asked, alright?" He interrupted. "Kaeya told me that the ruins are in here and we should be able to find Levi inside. "

"Can't one of us just go in and find him or something instead of all of us?" Asmodeus spoke. "Well since Belphie is able to detect Levi's presence, then we can try sending in You or Lucifer inside. " 

"This is what Lord Diavolo wishes so it shall be done as ordered. " Barbatos told him and the demons nodded as one by one, they entered the ruins. 

-Abandoned Ruins- 

They walked in slowly, looking around and having Belphie stand next to Diavolo as he takes the front line. They got their weapons out and ready as they examined the ruins. It was dark, damp and haunting. Suddenly, Belphie heard a noise and felt a tingle. He then rushed forward, seeing a glimpse of movement far ahead. The whole group followed him as Belphie tried to catch up to the multiple shadows moving rapidly. Who are they? He thought silently. The group then crossed a bridge full of dangerous traps, careful not to be caught in the purple bubbles that kill. 

After having quite the rough landing, Belphie told them to stay quiet as they move further in. He followed the footsteps and hushed whispers. He then felt a loud explosion ripple the ground and realize that a fight was happening. As the group peeked from behind a wall, Belphie saw the same traveler as before and another unfamiliar man dressed in blue. They were fighting an abyss herald. It was tall and really strong. 

The fight was intense but Belphie suddenly saw a random strike of lightning come straight towards him and Lucifer dodged it just in time. The fight was stopped as the traveler and the Abyss Herald stop to stare at them. Belphie and the group realized that their hiding spot was busted and slowly walked out, one by one. 

Levi almost dropped his sword as he recognized their faces. His brothers have finally come. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 462 32
Welcome to the Devildom The demons are waiting for you.
2K 35 19
Levi has bought a new game, played with his brothers that weren't too happy because they got stuck in the game. With the MC! Disclaimer: I own nothin...
27.4K 945 10
The story of a man traveling through worlds and helping people. (rewrite of my first book) (genshin impact x male oc)
63.7K 1.7K 16
When Mc and the demon brothers take a trip to the human world, they run into trouble as they come across the Sakamaki brothers. Will Mc and the demon...