Chapter 4 - Can't See Me, Can't See You

"So here's the list of things that we're gonna buy in the Liyue market. " Barbatos spoke. "I've been doing some research last night and I managed to gather some information together with Satan. We're gonna need some food to eat along the way, along with groceries and some weapons. "

"Are you sure we're able to afford so many things? Weapons too?" Belphie asked. "Why can't we just use our own powers?" 

"Have you even tried using your powers at all since we got here?" Mammon replied. "Come to think of it, do you guys ever notice these little badges on our outfits? They all have different colors and mine is light blue in color. I'm guessing I'm an ice user. " 

The demon brothers each have their own set of visions being given as soon as they entered. They all vary, although Barbatos also has Cryo powers just like Mammon. They were wondering how to use such powers but for now, they should focus on getting the items. They arrived at Liyue and the brothers decided to split up and try to visit as many vendors as possible. Don't spend too much was Lucifer's advice and they agreed before separating. 

Belphie was alone, trying to look around for any shops that sell ores. It was pretty awkward for him to ask around, unlike his extroverted brothers. If Levi was here, he would be feeling the same as well. Super shy to even say the first word. Belphie then saw Mammon trying to stop Beel from devouring all the food in Wanmin Restaurant. Being connected as twins, Belphie could feel Beel's hunger and he chuckled. He then spotted a store with ores and walked towards it. Belphie was shy but the seller was kind, introducing him to the many ores he has in stock. Belphie quickly warmed up to his friendliness and was asking if he sold ores useful for weapon enhancement. 

After purchasing some ores, Belphie turned to find his brothers again. They were all in the middle of buying stuff and bargaining with sellers. He shook his head, how do they get the courage to do that? He wondered. Belphie then spotted a young boy with long blonde hair walking down the streets of Liyue. Beside him was a floating girl who wore a bright outfit and a long blue cape. The girl caught Belphie staring at them but turned away, continuing on. Belphie was confused as to why he had been so focused on staring at those two strangers. Who were they? Travelers, too? The boy didn't see him, didn't even know he was there. But there was something about him that made Belphie stop and think hard. 

Behind him, Barbatos and Lucifer walked up to Belphie, watching stare at the traveler. "Something catch your eye, Belphie? " Lucifer asked. 

"Do you sense something about the traveler right there?" Barbatos asked. "You've been staring at him for quite a while now. " 

"Hmm, I don't know...." Belphie muttered softly. "There's just an air about him that immediately caught my attention. It feels familiar but also.....strange. I might be mistaken though. "

Barbatos then noted, "You have really sharp instincts, Belphie. Perhaps it could help us find Levi faster than expected. We trust you to help us during this adventure. "

He nodded, "I won't let you down. " He then turned to see the traveler talk to his floating companion. The way they talked and laughed like how normal siblings would. They were such a fitting pair, anyone would think it's perfectly fine to see a traveler talk to a floating creature. But what was that feeling earlier? It tugged at his heart strings, seeing them together, but yet it was so far for him to reach. They couldn't hear him, or even see him. Is he hallucinating? He hasn't been getting enough sleep lately. Belphie tried to take a deep breath and turn away from the traveler, although there's this nagging feeling that kept calling out in the back of his head. It's strange, I don't know what these voices are saying. Belphie reunites with his brothers who proudly showcased the items they bought. They happily teased each other but Lucifer mentioned how they should travel to Mondstadt now.