Journal Logs of a Monster Hun...

By seronuru

There are many types of monsters in the world, the most common and realistic use of the word monster is to de... More

Log #1
Log #2
FLoatyyyyyyy experiencec
Log #3
Log 4#
Log#5
Log #6
Log#7
Log#8
Log#9
Log #10
Log#11
Log#13
Log#14
Log#15
Log#16
Early Christmas Present

Log#12

7 0 0
By seronuru

April 6, 2021

Hey folks, it's been a week since my last log. I was planning to type the story earlier but you know injuries. Also I guess I'm sorry that I left the last log in a cliffhanger.

But anyways enough about that, let's head right into the story because I want to get this over it. I'm currently typing at 1 in the morning and I'm tired as hell! Anywho lets resume the story:

Everybody was nervous by the fact that this Wendigo was stalking us for nearly 10 minutes. I was tempted to draw my Saber-Arms and charge at the monster, but I kept my cool and kept on walking.

"Hey Anon, how's Marika? Is she doing well?" Aya asked.

I was confused at first, but I then quickly realized what she was doing. Wendigos were once human, but turned into a feral beast, but that beast retains its human intelligence. While they can't talk, they certainly understand the conversation, if they know English.

Most Wendigos originated from the Native Amercians 5 centuries ago and I doubt they learned English during their time as a Wendigo. By the way, Wendigos, while powerful, are a dying species. The reason being that the ritual that turns cannibals to Wendigos has been long forgotten and I don't think people today would willingly become a monster let alone a cannibal.

Back to the story, while I don't think any of the Wendios know English or at least know a small amount. But it's better to be safe than sorry and besides it might make the Wendigo less wary of us if we talk casually.

"Oh she's doing well, although she has been a pain my butt lately." I chuckled.

This technique is actually one of the best to trick monsters into a state of calm. A lot of monsters are similar to animals, they get wary when their prey has spotted them. So during this time it is best to stay calm and ignore it, this will make the monster's guard be down causing it to be vulnerable to attack.

"Hahaha, yeah that sounds alright. What about you, big guy?" Aya says, gesturing to Kyle.

He didn't say anything and instead shrugged.

"Oh come on! You talk about our last mission together, at least say something."

"This guy can talk?" I remembered thinking.

Me and Aya basically talk the whole time while also at the same time trying to keep our ears open for our stalker. We then hear another branch snap, but this time closer. As we were talking she nodded and I nodded back.

I turned to Kyle who also nodded. Then in a quick motion me and Aya whipped our Saber-Arms and released a hail of bullets where the last sound came from. After emptying our clips, Kyle charged in with his wolverine claws unsheathed.

Aya rushed behind him while I quickly reloaded my Saber Arms before rejoining the group. Instead of a Wendigo we shot, it turned out to be another grizzly bear.

"You've got to be kidding me." I sighed.

Aya and Kyle didn't say anything and just observed the bear that was full of holes from our bullets. I remembered I was about to say something, but Aya spoke up.

"This is a trap."

Before I could ask her to elaborate, I suddenly felt cold as I heard loud noises to the side, Looked to the side to find a wendigo charging at me. It sharpened claws aiming for me.

It had a head of a dear, or rather a rotting corpse of a dear as a head. Its body, like the head, looked like a decaying corpse, but this time more resembled a human body. It also had huge arms like a bair, while having long human hands with bloodied claws attached.

A quick fact, not all wendigos look the same. They may have large antlers or have a goat head and skin color. This one had grey skin and this one of the ones that looked like a corpse.

I could see a skeletal rib cage poking out in its body, it was probably the most disgusting wendigos I had seen thus far. My body couldn't react in time to dodge the attack, fortunately Aya planted her boot at my chest and I was sent flying and crashed into a tree before dodging the attack herself. It hurt, but I was still breathing at least.

I coughed for a bit before standing back up and getting ready to charge at the beast who looked frustrated that its ambush attack failed. It towered over us, being a few inches taller than Kyle. It jumped back in order to gain some distance between us. Kyle and Aya prepared their weapons and narrowed their eyes at the monster.

I quickly rushed to their side, eyeing the monster, I pointed my weapon at the beast.

"Thanks for the save." I blurted.

It was incredibly embarrassing for a super veteran monster hunter to get caught off guard like that.

"Don't mention it." Aya says.

The Wendigo eyed us carefully, probably to plan their next move. But we didn't give it the luxury of time as Kyle charged in with his claws unsheathed while we followed behind. If you encounter a Wendigo you fight it rather than run because they are extremely good trackers and surprisingly fast too.

But if you do fight it and you have a good chance of winning, it's always best to finish it off quickly because when the Wendigo views you as an actual threat. It uses their special ability.

Before we could reach the monster it was too late, the Wendigo roared-actually scream is more like it. The sound they produce is a mixture of a human scream mixed with other animal roars. But when they make that sound...their ability activates.

Which is the ability of controlling animals within the distance of the scream. The ability took an immediate effect as dears, beavers and some other animals popped out of the darkness to charge at us. The larger ones such as a bear and wolves stood guard close to the Wendigo.

We stopped our charge and looked around us. The animals circled around us and were prepared to strike. There was one wolf that leaped in the air and aimed their teeth at my neck.

However I sliced the poor wolf with my blade, bathing myself in blood.

"It would be nice to have a plan!" I shouted while slashing another wolf.

Aya was silent dodging the assault from deers charging at her attempting to stab her with their antlers. Kyle meanwhile was trying to get to the Wendigo, but was too distracted with fighting the bears. Aya then spoke up.

"Anon! Kyle! With me!" Me and Kyle immediately rushed to her side pressing our backs to each other.

I swiped my blade at a squirrel attempting to jump my face. I turned my head to Aya to await orders.

"Alright here's the plan, Anon and I will take care of all of the animals while Kyle, since he is the physically strongest, will take out ugly ones there." She says while cutting down a beaver.

"If we manage to kill the Wendigo all the animals will go back to normal!" I said.

"That's right! Don't worry about the bear Kyle, we'll take care of it too!!"

Kyle finally has a look of concern on his face before nodding reluctantly. He charges at the Wendigo who was still being guarded by the bears. We quickly killed a few animals before rushing behind Kyle.

The bears let our an angry roar before swiping at the charging Kyle, but he evaded it although one of the swipes lightly cut his cheek. But he managed to get to the Wendigo and engaged in a fight with it. I wasn't able to see most of the fight due to me and Aya fighting the bears and other animals.

Even a veteran super hunter like us can have some trouble dealing with 5 bears along with other wild animals at the same time. As I was fighting, I was suddenly attacked from behind by a bear that scratched my back. It hurt, it hurted a lot.

The pain was enough for to drop my Saber-arms. There was a deer in front of me trying to stab me with its antlers, but I quickly grabbed my double barreled shotgun and blasted its face, imperial, making the head explode. Always satisfying.

I turned my head to the bear that scratched my back and blasted its face too. It roared in pain as most of its flesh in its head was mostly gone but was still alive. In an instinct to survive he bared his teeth at me and aimed their teeth at my neck.

But I managed to bring my arm in time to block its bite attack. I felt it's sharp teeth pierce my helpless arm as it became the bears chew toy. I grunted in pain as I reached for my Saber-arms, but at my current position I couldn't reach it.

Thankfully Aya used her knife and plunged it in the bear's necks, killing it instantly.

"Can you still fight?" she asks.

She was in a slightly better shape than I am. Her face was now dirty and covered in scratches, her blonde hair was now all over the place. And her right arms look banged up.

A bear or a wolf must have bitten her arm like me. I catch my breath for a few moments before getting up and picking up my Saber Arms in my good arm while my shotgun is in the damaged one.

"I'm good." I responded.

She sighs and we turn our heads to the remaining animals. There are only small critters, and all of the bigger animals have been slaughtered already.

"Kyle hasn't finished the job yet?" I muttered.

I turned my head to the side to see Kyle still fighting the Wendigo. Both fighters seemingly took a lot of damage, but Kyle was winning.

"You go help the guy over there. I'll handle the small frys." Aya says as she reloads her weapons.

"Wait I can-"

"I'm fine. You're in worse shape than I am. Just kill that overgrown pain in the ass, so I can finally take a break!"

Leaving no room for argument, she runs up to the remaining animals. I sighed before reluctantly jogging to Kyle and the Wendigo's fight. I reloaded my weapons and while the monster was too distracted fighting Kyle to notice me.

I shot at the monster a few times getting its attention. It roared at me, but it was all that Kyle needed as he leaped in the air and plunged his claws in the chest of the beast. It howled in pain and fell down to the ground where Kyle, like a lion, continued savagely stabbing it in the chest.

Another quick fact about Wendigos, while they may not seem like it, their biology is similar to ours. Having heart, lungs, brain. The only difference is if you destroy one of them, they can live a little longer before they drop dead. Kyle from the looks of it stabbed both lungs and the heart consecutive times.

The monster squirmed trying to get the big man off him, but after a few minutes of struggle and Kyle's assault and my occasional shots, the Wendigo's movements slowed before stopping entirely. I fell on my ass and panted. Now that the adrenaline is wearing off, the pain from my back and arms almost doubled.

Add the fact that I'm both mentally and physically exhausted. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm no stranger to pain, but this certainly one of the worst nights on the job. Kyle removed himself from the dead monster and left my sight.

Probably to check Aya or something. I sat there, trying to regain my composure, but my body was too tired to work with me.

"Hey, you good Anon?" Aya's voice called out.

I didn't turn to look at her as I just stared at the dirt gritting my teeth from the pain.

"N-no..." I said pathetically.

God. It was embarrassing for an enhanced monster hunter to be seen in such a state.

"Hey, can you do me a favour? Check my back, it's the one most screwed up."

I felt footsteps behind me as Aya inspected the damage of my back. My Arm was screwed up too, but a bite from a bear or a wolf isn't really a big deal and will probably heal in a few days and if i'm lucky, heal tomorrow.

"It's really deep. It probably stabbed you with its claws and then tore your skin rather than just scratching you." She paused briefly, but spoke up again.

"It will heal by itself, but it's best not to move for a while and lie in your bed. Here Let us help."

Aya and Kyle supported us as we got back to my van. Aya says she already informs HQ of our success and told me to rest. And that's the end of my fight with the Wendigo.

Today, my wounds healed nicely and I will be able to fight in a day or two. I didn't get any missions so far due to my condition and so far I was just reading or playing games on my phone. So it was mostly an uneventful week.

Anywho, that's all folks it's late during my time of writing this and I want to sleep. I'll see you guys in the next log.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.7K 29
Violence, greed, lust, those are the traits that the humans and dragons have to those of Nergigante blood. Many feared the them as they were violent...
126 5 22
!!!WARNING!!! Contains: bad language, blood, adult talk (some), depression You Have Been Warned!! ~~~ Do You Believe In The Unknown...? Myths..? Fant...
4.7K 350 27
(Y/N): "Amazon." EVOLUTION!!!! EVOLUTION!!! EVOLUTION!!!! EVOLUTION!!! (Y/N) (L/N) was an high school student and he was being friend with Peter Park...
444 0 125
Here's my multitude of OC monster characters and their respective stories. The majority of them are inspired by already-existing horror villains and...