The Shapeshifter | Loki Fanfi...

By HopeAjax

A shapeshifter who refuses to turn back from a wolf is brought to the Avengers in hope that they can help her... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Epilogue

Part 5

17K 452 10
By HopeAjax

Cassie was curled up on the floor, listening to the Avengers breakfast talk.

"Shouldn't she train? Just in case?" She started paying attention more then, were they talking about her?

"Nat can do it," Tony said.

"You want her to train a dangerous wolf?" Steve interrupted.

Cassie looked down. They thought she was dangerous? Well, to be fair, she was dangerous, but she wasn't planning on hurting them, it hurt just a bit to hear that.

"I've fought far worse," Natasha defended.

"She's not wrong," Tony muttered.

She wondered why he even wanted her to be trained. Not that she didn't know how to fight, she was actually very talented at it, just maybe a bit rusty from not fighting too long. It seemed weird though; wouldn't training her make her more dangerous?

Cassie caught Loki's gaze from his seat at the table who clearly read her mind and shrugged, as if he didn't get it either.

"Ok, that's settled, I'll start training Cassie," Natasha said. She stood up, putting her dish away, before gesturing to the wolf to follow her. Cassie stood up quickly, stretching her legs, before following after her. Natasha brought her to what looked to be a training room. She went onto the mat, and gestured for Cassie to follow her on, earning an eyebrow raise, but she did so.

"Alright. Let's just start with plain old sparring, see what you can do."

Cassie felt excited, it had been a while since she had fought, and she relished the idea. The two started circling each other on the mat, before Natasha made the first move, jumping for her tail, which Cassie quickly remembered to tuck in, making Natasha miss her and roll to the side before jumping back up. Cassie smiled, baring her teeth, then focused her eyes on Natasha's right arm, opening her mouth just a bit, then jumping at her. Natasha saw the look in her eye, and swung her arm back, putting out her leg to trip Cassie, but she underestimated the wolf, who instead grabbed her leg in her mouth, running under Natasha's legs with it, making the spy fall down with a grunt.

Cassie noticed Natasha's legs bend, showing that she was about to get up, so she quickly jumped on her back, earning a huff, and aimed her jaw around her neck.

Natasha hit the ground three times, indicating that she gave up. Cassie jumped off her back and Natasha stood up, chuckling, "I guess you're pretty good."

Cassie gave her a look, as if saying 'Pretty good?'

Natasha shook out her limbs, "Alright let's go again."

The two sparred for a while, each of them winning some and loosing others. Cassie could tell Natasha was impressed with her skills, and she had fun sparring with Natasha. Most of the people she had fought didn't come close to matching her skill.

Natasha had Cassie down on the ground with one leg stopping her legs from kicking her up, and one hand had a dagger against her neck. They were interrupted when Steve came down to call them upstairs, "Hey guys. Tony told me to call you up for lunch."

Natasha got off Cassie, who didn't realize how long they had fought. Now that she focused on it, she was so thirsty and starving. She bounded happily after Natasha to the kitchen where Steve and Natasha sat down next to Tony and Bruce, while Loki was on the couch reading a book.

"Cass! There you are," Tony got up from his seat and walked over to her, making her strain her neck up to look at him. "We have a mission tonight, but Fury doesn't want us to leave you here. Something about you destroying the compound or whatever...so you're coming with us. Don't worry, you'll stay on the jet."

Cassie gave a small nod to show she understood, and he walked away back to the table. A mission. Sounds interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 3.8K 36
Y/N is half snake, half human. She can turn fully in a snake, fully human or her waist downwards snake, she's basically a therianthrope; which means...
4.6K 203 7
You've been assigned as Loki's handler and things have been going very well. Almost too well, actually...you find out that Loki has fallen for you an...
4.3K 424 26
Love is dangerous. One moment it may be light as a feather and beautiful as a sunrise, but the next it can prove to be the knife that stabs you in th...
2.9K 269 16
Driven by an insatiable yearning for personal happiness, Loki succumbed to the depths of his desires and set in motion a plan to reclaim what he beli...