Faint Light

By YukimuraShuusukeGrl

Quest over Kagome returns home for good. Sadly due dropping out in middle school her prospects aren't very go... More

Chapter One
two
three
five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen

four

598 35 0
By YukimuraShuusukeGrl

Kagome quietly made her way down the darkened hallway, making sure to watch where she was walking so she didn’t step on anything to catch anything's attention. She flared her powers to pulse them out every few minutes so she could be sure she was alone.

When her powers gave a pulse of attention to her, she froze seeing something come around the corner. It looked like a demon with the blue skin, but half of its head was sliced off, leaving it with no top of its head to where its eyes should have been. It still had its oversized ears, nose and mouth. It had sharp claws coming from its hands, making it look even more menacing. 

‘What the fuck’ She could see it was clearly not a demon. It didn’t feel anything like one, it felt...human almost. Just darker....more sinister.. She didn’t understand. 

“I can’t see....” The high pitched voice echoed through the hall, making her suck in a deep breath. She could see its overly large ears twitch, as it came closer to her. She held her hands out, pushing her powers into them and throwing some of the powers into a blast. The creature only gave a small grunt as it stumbled but didn’t go down, the smell of burnt flesh reaching her nose. 

The creature was still alive though.

That means it was human....at least somewhat. 

She couldn’t kill it using her powers. Frowning, she staggered a few feet back as the creature swung its arms out, as if trying to claw her. She moved back quickly, not saying a thing. Just as it got clower, she felt arms wrap around her and pull her into a dark room. She heard a low hissed curse and the door silently closed as Kagome looked at the gruff man from earlier. She glanced down when she heard him curse again and saw blood. 

She opened her mouth to say something, when he put his hand over it. Glancing at the door, he stood up letting her go when she nodded to him that she understood. The two moved away from the door and further into the apartment.  The man sat down on the couch grabbing a shirt that was laying around and putting it on his arm. It didn’t seem to be bleeding a lot. Just a small scratch down his arm. 

The two stayed in silence for a while before the man moved to the door to look outside and gave a sigh before he looked at Kagome.

“The place is crawling in those monsters...” The man sighed, sitting down and throwing the semi bloodied shirt to the side. The blood wasn’t flowing anymore, letting her see the long mark on his arm, making a pang of guilt go through her. 

“Do you know what they are?” Kagome asked, she had no clue. She had a feeling he didn’t either, but it didn’t hurt to at least ask. 

The man shook his head, “Not a clue. I met up with another person, she didn't know what was going on either. We got separated when that monster attacked.” He gave a sigh, taking a cigarette out and lighting it with a heavy sigh. 

Something was going on. She wondered if it was just here, or was it everywhere? Did these creatures venture just around here or the whole world? Thoughts of her family flashed through her mind, but quickly pushed them to the back of her mind. She didn’t have time to overthink. She needed to keep focused and survive and not be stuck in memories of the past or what if scenarios in her head.

“That is good to know. It means there are more of us here.” Kagome muttered, frown on her lips as she looked the man over. 

“What's your name? I didn’t get it last time.” Kagome inquired, trying to get a small conversation going. She didn't want to go back out and have the creature still be close by.

The man took a drag from the cigarette and looked at her with his dark gaze, before grunting out, “Sang-Wook.” 

“Mines Kagome...” The man, Sang-Wook raised an eyebrow at her name, but didn’t say anything. 

Kagome could only roll her eyes at his questioning gaze and unasked question, more than used to it once she gave her name out, “Yes, I’m not from around here. From Japan actually.” Her voice held a twinge of longing and it was clear to him that she did not leave her homeland either willingly or on good terms but that wasn’t his business.

Shifting he winced at the torn and jagged skin of his wound throbbed, as if demanding to be taken care of, grunting he shifted in his sitting position lifting his arm in front of him to gauge the damage.

His shirt had been torn open, the skin under it giving way like paper under a pair of sharp scissors. A fine haired two inch gash peeked up at him from the frayed fabric that was his shirt. Red blood blossoming and staining the fabric surrounding the wound as it dripped down his arm, whatever thin scab that had covered the wound was torn open by the action to form a small rivet down his arm to drip off the ends of his fingertips.

“Fuck.” Indeed, it wasn’t that it hurt so much that he knew that if he didnt stop the blood flow that he risked getting woozy and now was not the time for him to be passing out. Inwardly he cursed the piece of shit who had recently taken up most of his stores of duct tape. 

He jerked back as small hands grabbed his arm and angled it so dark blue eyes could peek at the wound. He pulled back, instincts flaring to life. All he needed was for her to get all squeamish on him and pass out. He didn’t know what it was but most women could not stomach the sight of blood even though they saw more of it in one week of the month then most men did in a lifetime.

“Hey, hold still and let me see!” Her voice was scolding, her body moving to kneel in front of him, as if she was used to having to berate someone for pulling away from her. What, did she moonlight as some kind of nurse? Voicing his thoughts, all the while shrugging out of her grasp he could only grin as she glared up at him.

“Yeah, something like that now would you it still and let me see the damage?” Honestly she felt like she was dealing with a child, no scratch that, even Rin and Shippo behaved better then this when it came to her patching up them after their various encounters with demons and what not. He merely gave her that shit eating grin that left her with the urge to smack it off his face as he expertly avoided her attempts to not only get a hold of his arm but to look at his wound.

Just how often did he get hurt that he was almost god level at twisting and turning out of every hold she used to attempt to see his wound? Not wanting to pry too much she kept her question to herself and instead huffed at him as he gave her that small little smirk.

Scowling at the larger male she moved closer, her blue gaze meeting his dark brown hues. "Would you stop struggling and just let me help you? Jesus, what is it with you men always being so damn stubborn?!" Honestly, it was like the male species was predisposed to refusing help even if it meant dying!

Snorting Sang-wook turned his face away from hers, doing his best to ignore the way she had firmly placed herself between his bent legs, kneeling in front of him as her hands lightly tugged on his arm begging him to let her see the extent of his wound.

The concern that swirled in her deep blue hues put him on edge. How long had it been since someone had looked at him like that? Years? Decades?

It was a nice change of pace yet he knew what came next, what always came next. The second he lowered his guard and opened himself up to prying hands and eyes they jerked back not ready to face his scars. 

Both physical and other.

"Just drop it. I'll be fine. Worry bout yourself." His voice was gruff and a bit defensive and it only made her frown that much more. Just what had he gone through in his life to make him so resistant to a helping hand?

From the burns that marred the right side of his face she knew that whatever it was had hurt if not killed a part of him yet here he sat still alive. 

Still fighting. 

He had nothing to be ashamed of.

As if willing him to understand that she curled her fingers in his shirt, not at all caring that his blood was staining her fingers. "Just...please trust me. I know we just met and were in a very odd if not fucked up situation but I promise I Just want to help." Her words were low and the intimacy that they held made him squirm in his seat. Refusing to meet her gaze he made a show of letting out a deep grumble but nodded, his gaze looking over her head instead of at her.

"Tch. Do what you want." The bright smile that met his words almost made him flush like some dumb awe struck school boy.

Keyword almost.

To save face he turned his head away from her to gaze out the crack in the curtains yet his body tensed as her small warm fingers unbuttoned his sleeve and rolled it up carefully past his wound as if afraid to hurt him.

He waited for the surprised gasp, the feeling of her jerking her hand away when faced with the few scars that litterted his arm. Instead she murmured low to herself, her voice full of relief as she surveyed the damage done.

"Thank god it's not too deep now bear with me,I might be just a bit out of practice. If anything hurts don't hesitate to tell me to stop." The sincerity in her voice as she spoke made him turn to gaze at her, his face unreadable as she gave him a small smile before returning to gaze to the slowly bleeding wound. Either she was ignoring the scared burned flesh on display or she didn't care about it and really was only concerned about his well being.

Mouth suddenly dry he could only blink as a low pink hue seeped out from her very fingers. Goosebumps rising along his flesh as the pain of his wound subsided. 

Letting out a small puff of air she pulled her hand away and was glad to see nothing but newly healed flesh under the dry flaking blood. "Whew, still got it." The relief in her voice made him quirk an eyebrow at her as she sat back on her knees, no longer invading his personal space.

"What the hell are you? Some kind of magical girl?" Honestly with the way this week was going he wouldn't be surprised if she was.

She was after all from Japan and he knew that place was pretty much the homeland of that genre of anime...

Laughing at his statement she winked up at him, a bit winded from being so out of practice when it came to using her powers. It was odd how something that used to come to her as easily as breathing now made her feel like she had run a ten meter dash. "Something like that."

Giving a snort of laughter he used his newly healed hand to fish his pack of cigarettes out of his shirt pocket. Popping on between his lips he arched his brow once more at the blatant look of displeasure on her face. Honestly if he kept arching his eyebrows he knew he was going to be sore in that area in the morning but damn if she didn't keep giving him reasons to do so.

"Want one?" Kagome could only roll her eyes at him as she moved back to sit cross legged in front of him, her nose turned up at the cancer sticks.

"No thanks. Also you know you're not supposed to smoke in the building right?" He let out a snort as he lit the cigarette and took a long deep drag just to mess with her.

"Its the end of the world I dont think it really matters if I break one rule." She gave him. Deadpanned look, her own brow arching at him.

"Just one rule huh?" The humor in her voice made him roll his eyes at her and he placed a calloused hand on top of her head to give it a small pat. Like one would when praising a dog for doing a good job. It made her physically bristle.

"Whatever kid, let me enjoy my vices while I can." Glaring up at him she shoved his hand off her head and crossed her arms under her bust subconsciously drawing his eyes to it as she turned her nose up at him 

"Im no kid, I'll have you know I'm twenty three. Ya jerk." His cigarette fell from his parted lips at her confession. There was no way she was only six years younger than him! She looked no older than eighteen, if that!

Face smug as his shocked look she could only shrug. Wasn't her fault she had inherited her mothers anti aging genes. Her mother despite being in her late forties looked no older than thirty and she knew she too would be blessed with that fate. As it was everywhere she went she was carded and it grew real old real quick.

“Shocking I know, why? How old are you? Hmm?” She was merely teasing, she didn’t really care how old he was and she didn’t expect him to answer yet he did so, lighting up a new cigarette to replace his fallen one.

“Just turned twenty nine last month. Anyways let’s try to get some rest, in the morning. We can go back to the kid’s apartment and plan out what to do after that.” How quickly she was inserting herself into his plans, part of him was upset about it and another part knew that it was just the beginning so he might as well just get used to it now.

Kagome could only grin as she nodded her head, unzipping the top of her jumpsuit to reveal the plain black t-shirt under it. Feeling his gaze on her she turned to him and arched a brow. “What? I’m not sleeping in my work clothes, one they’re work clothes and two I don’t even want to think about what they’re covered in.” He could only snort as she shimmed out of the ulgy green suit and flopped down next to him, her jean clad legs bumping into his as she groaned letting her body lay back on the plush couch they were seated on.

He merely grunted as he leaned she turned her back to him and settled in. Guess he was taking first watch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227 50 13
A young girl thinks her life is like other people. One day when he comes home from school, he finds out that's not the case. Her world will turn 360...
308 24 6
Y/n is from the Feudal Japan and is a full demon, when she was walking around a village she ran into Kagome, Inuyasha, Shippo, and a perverted priest...
1.3K 36 13
A weird man comes into your house and takes you away to the past Instead of feeling home sick your felt like you was right at home Which life will yo...
31.6K 609 18
Kagome runs away after Inuyasha chose Kikyo. Will this sadness ever go away? When she ran away she had discovered something about her powers, her tru...