Retribution: A 13 Reasons Why...

By espinosa1989

It all leads to this. 2 Years have past since Hannah Baker's death. Almost a year since the murder of Bryce... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 9

4 0 0
By espinosa1989

Back at Wayne Manor, Alfred had made tea as he serves some for Hannah, Barbara, Jason & Dick.

Alfred Pennyworth: I don't know about all of you, but I, for one, am very worried about Master Bruce, Miss Zatanna, Mr. Constantine, & Etrigan.

Jason Todd: Alfred, Bruce has taken down monsters & aliens. I think he can handle a bunch of demons from hell.

Barbara Gordon: The signal is turned off.

Everyone looks out the window and sees that the Batsignal has been turned off.

Dick Grayson: You're right. Wonder what's going on.

Red Robin & Robin return to the Batcave as they get off the motorcycle and start making their way up to Wayne Manor.

Barbara Gordon: Tim, Damien, what happened?

Red Robin: They're here. The League of Assassins are here in Gotham.

Robin: It was my mother who lit up the signal. And she wasn't alone.

Dick Grayson: What do you mean?

Red Robin: They had a hostage. A girl name Jessica Davis.

Hannah Baker: What?

Hannah gets up from her seat as does Dick & Jason, and now Hannah is pissed.

Robin: Mother also said they have your friends and your parents.

Hannah Baker: They have my parents?

Robin: Mother said that if you don't meet with them at the abandoned subway station in Amusement Mile in 90 minutes, they will kill them.

Red Robin: That was 15 minutes ago, which means that you now have 75 minutes.

Hannah Baker: We need to go, NOW!

Red Robin: There's more. Talia said that Hannah has to come alone or they die.

Barbara Gordon: She's not going alone. We'll think of something.

Jason Todd: Talk about shitting timing.

Hannah Baker: No, I have to go alone. This is my mess.

Dick Grayson: You don't have to do this alone.

Hannah Baker: They'll kill my parents & my friends if you guys come. I'm sorry but I have to do this alone.

Hannah just storms down to the Batcave. She heads towards the trophy case as she takes out her old assassin gear and goes to pick up her Miaodao Sword. Hannah goes to change into her assassin gears as the rest of the Bat family come down to the cave.

Jason Todd: Look, we've taken down the League before, we'll come up with a plan...

Hannah Baker: I said no! I'm not gonna risk their lives.

Dick Grayson: This isn't up for debate!

Hannah Baker: I know, that's why you're all staying! Look, I appreciate you guys helping me out this past year, but this is something I have to do alone.

Alfred Pennyworth: Maybe we should wait til they come back from hell. It shouldn't be long...

Hannah Baker: There isn't any time to wait.

Robin now gets in front of her.

Robin: I'm sorry, but I can't let you go.

Hannah Baker: Get out of my way, kid!

Robin: Don't call me kid!

Hannah just walks past Robin as he grabs her arm.

Robin: I said you're not going!

Hannah & Robin begin to fight as they start throwing punches.

Barbara Gordon: Damian, Hannah, stop!

They ignore Barbara's plea as they continue to fight. Jason goes to try to stop the fighting by getting in front of Hannah.

Jason Todd: That's enough!

Hannah Baker: I need to go.

Jason Todd: I can't let you go either.

Hannah Baker: Get out of my way, Jason!

Jason just shakes his head as they now engage in a fight. Damian tries to help out Jason by double teaming on her, but Hannah was able to best both of them as they now lay on the ground.

Hannah Baker: Please, don't follow me.

Hannah hops on a motorcycle as she puts her hood and facemask on as she drives away.

Jason Todd: That's my bike! She took my bike!

Alfred Pennyworth: Now what do we do?

Dick Grayson: Jason, suit up. We're all going to Amusement Mile.

Meanwhile back in hell, Batman, Zatanna, Constantine, & Etrigan prepare to venture to Trigon's world.

Pazuzu: Here's how it works, Lucifer will open a portal that will lead to the dimension ruins of Azarath. Once you've entered the dimension, the portal will remain open until you've all returned with the crystal.

John Constantine: So what is this crystal that Lucifer wants? What does it look like?

Lucifer: It's a big purple diamond that can see any world & any dimension. With the diamond, I can destroy all the Lazarus Pits on earth.

Etrigan: It can do that?

Lucifer: Yes, it's how Trigon was able to create the pits in the first place.

Batman: Trigon created the Lazarus Pit?

Pazuzu: Correct. With the Lazarus Pit gone, there will be no more resurrections for Ra's al Ghul.

Lucifer opens up a portal to Azarath as a black hole appears.

Lucifer: There. The portal is opened.

John Constantine: Well, here goes nothing.

Batman, Zatanna, Constantine, & Etrigan all go through the portal as they now enter the dimension of Azarath. For Zatanna, Constantine, & Etrigan, this is not their first rodeo with Trigon.

Batman: So what do you guys know about Trigon?

John Constantine: He's very powerful and can give Lucifer a run for his money.

Zatanna: He's also Raven's father.

Batman: Trigon is Raven's father?

Etrigon: Yes.

Zatanna: He's been trying to use her to try to come to our world, but Raven keeps stopping him.

They start walking as they see the world of Azarath in ruins.

Batman: What happened here?

Zatanna: According to Raven, this was her mother's home world.

Azarath was once a veritable paradise with blue-green skies and crimson clouds. The streets were paved in solid marble and the buildings were accented with columns of pure gold. Now, it's a place of ruins with dark red-ish skies and purple clouds. Hundreds upon hundreds of years ago, a mysterious woman known as Azar convinced a group of Earth humans to abandon the ways of man and embrace a world of peace and prosperity. Whether Azar was herself a native of Earth or whether she originally hailed from Azarath itself, she never revealed. Leading her charges from Earth to Azarath, she guided and taught them the ways of peace for more than 2 centuries. These men and women established the Temple of Azarath and formed a mystic society. Ages ago, they decided to purge their bodies of all evil. Using mystical incantations, they exorcised the darker passions from the souls and cast it out beyond the Great Door into Limbo. These discarded dark emotions did not dissipate into the ether however. They coalesced and merged together, flowing between the endless dimensions beyond the Great Door. In another dimension, these dark forces were summoned during a mystic ceremony and they took physical form for the first time. This being called itself Trigon and proved to be an incomprehensible strong and powerful inter-dimensional demon of the highest order.

Zatanna: Trigon destroyed Azarath and he's been banished here ever since.

Batman: Can't imagine the insanity to be imprisoned here for centuries. But how do we find this diamond?

Etrigan: It'll probably be in the Temple of Azarath.

John Constantine: You mean that temple over there?

They stumbled upon a dark temple in ruins as the purple clouds floated around it.

Zatanna: That must be the Temple of Azarath.

Batman: Everyone be on guard, Trigon will probably be inside as well.

They start making their way to the Temple of Azarath as they look around hoping that Trigon isn't around. Once they've entered the temple, they quietly make their way to the diamond that they immediately found. However, they quickly duck for cover as they also see the demon Trigon.

Trigon: I see you, daughter. It won't be long before we are reunited.

Zatanna: (Whispering) Shit! He's plotting his next plot for Raven.

John Constantine: (Whispering) Not if we take that diamond of his.

Trigon: I'm not alone. Somebody is here.

John Constantine: (Whispering) Shit, busted! New plan.

Constantine makes his presence known to Trigon, much to the displeasure of Batman & Zatanna.

Batman: (Whispering) What's he doing?

John Constantine: Hello there.

Trigon: Constantine? What are you doing here? How did you get here?

John Constantine: Not important.

Trigon: But it is. It will be my way out. Now answer!

John Constantine: I was accidently banished here.

Trigon: Nobody is accidently banished here!

Trigon starts making his way towards Constantine as Batman & Zatanna realize that they see an opening to steal the diamond.

Batman: (Whispering) Etrigan, now's our chance while he's distracted.

Etrigan nods at Batman as he sneaks around to try to take away the diamond.

Trigon: I won't ask again. How did you get here!

John Constantine: I... I... got here by accident.

Trigon stops at his tracks as he turns around and sees Etrigan trying to steal the diamond. Etrigan shoots out a blast from his eyes and hits Etrigan.

Trigan: So that's why you're here.

John Constantine: Oh, bugger.

Constantine conjures up fireballs from his hands and begins firing them at Trigon, but he takes no damage.

John Constantine: Oh, fuck!

Zatanna comes out of hiding and takes out her wand as she shoot a blast at Trigon, once again no damage.

Trigon: You'll regret coming here!

Batman: TRIGON!

Trigon turns around and sees Batman as he throws a Batrang at him, hitting him in one of his 4 eyes. Trigon screams out in pain. Etrigan gets back up and grabs the diamond. Trigon conjures up demons of his own as they now surround them.

John Constantine: Now what?

Etrigan: We fight!

They begin to fight off Trigon's demons while Etrigan is still holding on to the large diamond. Batman & Zatanna work together in double teaming the demons while Constantine shoots fireballs at them. Trigon takes the Batrang out from his eye as he now targets Batman.

Trigon: Batman! You're gonna pay for that!

Batman throws more Batrangs at Trigon as he reflects all of them. Etrigan shoot out laser rays from his eyes and aims them at Trigon as he counters with lasers of his own.

Zatanna: We need to leave!

Batman throws a flashbang at Trigon as it blinds him temporary. They make their escape as they get past Trigon's demons. Trigon is now angry as he regains his sight. He sees them escaping as he begins to persuade them. They're running as fast as they can as they finally reach the portal from where they came through.

Trigon: A portal, so that's how you came here.

Zatanna was the first one to pass through with Batman right behind her. Constantine was the third to go through the portal as Etrigan follows right through as they all have returned to hell.

Lucifer: Bye bye, Trigon. Thanks for the diamond.

Trigon: LUCIFER!!!!

Lucifer closes down the portal, trapping Trigon in Azarath for a eternity.

Lucifer: Good luck getting out without you diamond, Trigon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178 2 13
For 4 Months, Hannah Baker has been on the run not just from the police but also The League of Assassins. Everywhere she goes trouble seems to follow...
3.9K 30 15
{SPOILERS} Hannah Baker,my sister,my most favorite person ever. She is/was my sister. My name is Harmony Baker. Weird,huh? Well this is my story,enj...
61.8K 1.9K 114
With everything that has happened to Hannah Baker during her time at Liberty High, one event finally makes her decision very clear. She starts thinki...
832 28 33
Isn't it lovely, all alone? Heart made of glass, my mind of stone Libby Clarke is pretty used to being alone, some would say it's her default. To be...