King's Pack (Taekook & Warewo...

By BlairWitch91

Prince Hoseok is the perfect person to become a Human King in the world full of magical creatures. But he nee... More

Author's Note
Introduction: A Piece of History
Chapter 1: The Incomplete Tattoo
Chapter 2: The Drop of Destiny
Chapter 3: The Air Controller
Chapter 4: The Welcoming
Chapter 5: The Residents of the Royal Palace
Chapter 6: The Ceremony
Chapter 7: The Ranks
Chapter 8: The Night Talks
Chapter 9: The Training
Chapter 10: The Prince Birthday
Chapter 11: The Pride and Prejudice - part 1
Chapter 12: The Pride and Prejudice - part 2
Chapter 13: The Pride and Prejudice - part 3
Chapter 14: The fight of Soulmates
Chapter 15: The Campfire Drama
Chapter 16: The Ride
Chapter 17: The Blessing in Disguise
Chapter 18: The Objects Controller and the Healer
Chapter 19: The Heart to Heart Talk
Chapter 20: The Coronation
Chapter 21: The King of Hope
Chapter 22: The Deal
Chapter 23: The Jump
Chapter 24: The Bonds Between Them
Chapter 25: The Problematic Older Brothers
Chapter 27: The Scream at Night
Chapter 28: The One with no control - part 1
Chapter 29: The One with no control - part 2
Chapter 30: The one with 'No Control' - part 3
Chapter 31: The Storm
Chapter 32: The Rollercoaster of Aftermaths
Chapter 33: The Elders
Chapter 34: The Secrets and Promises
Chapter 35: The Phonecalls, Mysteries and Lies
Chapter 36: The Perfectly Wrong One
Chapter 37: The Hyungs' Favourite Ship
Chapter 38: The Love Shot
Chapter 39: The Face in the Crowd
Chapter 40: The Trust
Chapter 41: The Heavy Hearts
Chapter 42: The Attack on Bangtan
Chapter 43: The Attack on Bangtan pt.2
Chapter 44: The Purple Eyes
Chapter 45: The Seesaw
Chapter 46: The Time of the Dark King
Chapter 47: The Scent
Chapter 48: The Sacred Vow
Epilog: The Festival of Love
Spin off: The Prince and His Friend
Spin off 2: Kim Mirae - part 1
Spin off 2: Kim Mirae - part 2
Spin off 3: The Call of the Witch -part 1
Spin off 3: The Call of the Witch - part 2
Spin off 3: The Call of the Witch - part 3
Spin off 3: The Call of the Witch - part 4
Spin off 3: The Call of the Witch - final
King's Pack Background Music with Playlist

Chapter 26: The Safe Place

8.5K 481 380
By BlairWitch91

For the next few weeks everybody had their silent work. But it didn't change the fact that peace returned on Palace grounds. The only chaos around was the one caused by the wedding preparation. The big day was planned for the first week of June, so Rose and her girls were deep in their bossy-panicked mood.

Yoongi and Jungkook changed their training routine. Everybody (including Jin, Namjoon and Hoseok) was training from 8 till 10 each day. With all types of weapons. Yoongi even convinced Musashi and Daiki (two vampires from Akito-san personal guards) to train with them sometimes, basically teaching them how to kill them...

After their joined training Jungkook, Taehyung, Jimin and Team B were staying for another hour to train if there was nothing important to attend. After that Taehyung and Jungkook were giving their time to train with Soobin, Yeonjun and Jungwon.

Namjoon and Jin was observing Taehyung and Jungkook intensely. They almost got inseparable. And Jin was glad, because it seemed Jungkook was more cheerful and open these days. Like he found a way to love himself more. It was a slow change, but to their eyes, perfectly visible. He trusted himself more. Like suddenly he knew that if he jumped there was a safety net under his feet.

It was really amusing to watch them. Jin didn't think they themselves realised what was happening. It's like they were tuned to each other. If one of them was laughing at something he instantly checked if the other was too. If Jungkook was sitting on the couch, you could be sure Taehyung would squeeze himself to sit next to him. If Taehyung was doing literally anything you could bet Jungkook was looking at him. Even in the empty room where there was enough space Taehyung would stand next to Jungkook, practically glueing himself to him. And even if Jungkook wasn't the one to make the first move, he was enjoying Taehyung's behavior. And Taehyung was fine with it. Because Jungkook's shyness was slowly vanishing away around him.

The only thing Taehyung was worried about was the memory of Jungkook panicking in the water to the point he was giving up. It was worried him sick. He couldn't sleep because of it. What if Jungkook will fell to the water and nobody will be around?

So he used the opportunity that May was extremely warm and planned to take care of this matter.

Jimin walked to his room when he was packing a small bag. He threw himself on the bed.

'What are you doing?'

'I'm going for a trip. Did you know that Jin and Yoongi have private lake?! How awesome is that?'

'They like fishing...' Jimin shrugged. 'Yoongi said he will take me there in the summer...'

'How sweet of him. Can't imagine him like that...'

'He not being sweet for you, doesn't mean he is not sweet' Jimin stuck his tongue out.

'So? How is your married life in general?' Taehyung raised his eyebrow.

Jimin smirked and straightforwardly answered:

'Hard.'

In the first second Tae froze. But then he understood what his brother had in mind and started to giggle, shaking his head.

'You are shameless...'

Jimin laughed but then stretched on Tae's bed and sighed blissfully.

'Tae... it's amazing. The connection. The feeling of soul intertwining into one. The invisible string wrapped around your heart telling you whatever the other is feeling. I know when he is sad, happy, stressed. It's indescribable. Trust me, You will love it...'

Taehyung felt the pang in his heart. He was playing with the zipper of the bag, trying to stop his thoughts. A longing in his soul grew in this one moment to the point it was paining him. He was even a bit jealous of his brother.

Having a mate...

Yeah. No.

Surprised by Taehyung's silence, Jimin came back from his dreamland and looked at him. Tae had his head hanging low. His black locks were covering his sad eyes and twisted lips.

'Oh, Tae...' Jimin whispered with sadness. 'I'm so sorry...'

Taehyung shook his head.

'It's ok. I already accepted my fate... It's just that sometimes... it's just unfair.'

'I don't think it's your fate Taehyung...' Jimin said softly. 'You are born to take care of someone. To love someone. You have so much to give...'

'And yet I am a Grand Alpha. And there was no Grand Alpha that ever was mated...'

'You are not like them. You know it. They were outsiders. And I bet they just simply didn't encounter their mates because every wolf was avoiding them...' Jimin tried to comfort Tae.

'Yeah, well, taking into account the attraction and irresistible temptation between mates, your explanation is pretty unbelievable... There is no way that each grand alpha simply hadn't met his mate for all his life...' Taehyung said ironically. 'So stop giving me hope. I'm fine.'

Jimin pouted dissatisfied, but then he smirked, when he remembered about something.

'Ok. No mate than. But it doesn't mean you will be alone till the rest of your life... Fuck the mate thing, Taehyung. There is no rule a wolf can't be with someone other than his mate.'

'Yeah. Your point?' Taehyung frowned.

'Oh, nothing...' Jimin smiled innocently. 'So you are going by the lake? Why?'

'Yup. I want to take Jungkook with me.'

'Oooh?' Jimin smirked internally. Just as he thought... 'Why?' he asked, playing curious.

'I think he needs to get used to being in the water. You haven't seen him then. He was terrified...'

'And you really think he will willingly go there?'

'He will, with me,' Taehyung said confidently.

Jimin couldn't hold his excitement and laughed.

'Tae... You are so whipped for him...'

'Am not!' Taehyung stopped what he was doing and looked at Jimin, a bit shocked.

Jimin simply raised his eyebrow with a classic "Don't give me this bullshit." look.

'You've never actually brought me food if I wasn't dead sick... You've never shared your precious songs with me... You've never instantly looked at me when You find something funny or hear my laugh... I have more...', Jimin said with a cheeky smile.

'Shut up! He is just too cute when he is smiling. And we share the same music taste...'

'Yeah, yeah... If you say so...'

'Shut up! I'm not whipped!'

'Don't worry, my dear brother, he is too...', Jimin left the room, laughing at his brother's cute, happy-shy expression.

When he was gone, Taehyung mindlinked Jungkook.

Taehyung: We are going on a trip. Prepare your music list...

Jungkook: What? Why? Where?

Taehyung: Because I feel like it. And the place is a surprise.

Jungkook: I don't know...

Taehyung: Oh come one! It's saturday. You want to be engaged in wedding preparation or will you use this opportunity to escape?

Jungkook: You have a point here...

Taehyung: Meet me in the garage in half an hour.

Jungkook walked in the garage with backpack to see Taehyung packing a car's truck. He stood in place, shocked.

'Don't tell me...'

'Yup...'

'How did you... Hobi-hyung would never agree...'

'Rose was yelling at him when I asked. So he just nodded. Timing, kid. Timing is everything.' Taehyung grinned.

Jungkook touched the sparkly paint of the car's hood. It was Hoseok's untouchable car - black Porsche 911 cabrio.

'Am almost afraid to get into it...'

'Well, You will not be the one to drive so...'

'What? Why?!' Jungkook whined and looked at Taehyung with extremely big eyes.

Don't look at him. Don't look at him. Don't look at him.

Taehyung succeeded and didn't cave. Looking at the ground he answered:

'Because I have keys...'

'I don't like you...' Jungkook pouted.

Taehyung laughed at his childish tone.

'You can be in charge of music. So get in...'

They drove out the Palace grounds and Jungkook played the song.

'Have you heard this song?'

'Yeah. It's Bottom of you, right?' Taehyung turned the volume up.

Leave me in a room with all your monsters

I promise they won't hurt you anymore

And I just want to dance in you darkness

Until we figure out just what it's for

Really appropriate... Indeed I want to get rid of your monsters, Taehyung thought and glanced at Jungkook with the corner of his eyes. The boy was enjoying the wind and sun on his face, vibing to the beat of the song. 

The short trip ended when Taehyung parked the car in front of a forest house built directly next to the lakeshore. The place was extremely beautiful. Like from the picture. The trees surrounded the lake from every side. There were no sounds except birds, wind and water meeting the ground.

But even the beauty of the place couldn't erase the frown on Jungkook's face.

'Why are we here, hyung?' he asked sternly. Quietly. Dangerously.

Taehyung gulped but played it cool.

'Well, I'm gonna dive in and You can sit on the shore...'

Jungkook was looking at him for a while trying to figure out Taehyung's real motive.

He poked his inner cheek with his tongue and got out of the car.

Taehyung sighed and took out the bag from the trunk. 

He knew Jungkook wouldn't be happy about it. He walked to the gentle shore covered in grass, to see Jungkook sitting on the ground, playing on his phone.

With earpods.

He had never done it before. He always shared his music. Taehyung didn't even need to ask about it. Jungkook always stretched out his hand to him with one of his earpods, as soon as he saw him.

Taehyung sighed again. He spread the blanket next to Jungkook and put his things on it. He prepared towels and dry clothes, because even if it was warm outside the water could be a little chilly, so he didn't intend to take off his clothes. Shorts and t-shirt were comfortable enough to swim in.

Jungkook didn't look at him, even once...

Finally Taehyung crouched down in front of him.

'Are you going to ignore me?' he asked gently, tilting his head.

Jungkook looked at him and took out one of the earpods.

'Why do you think I am ignoring you?' he asked mockingly. 'You wanted to dive in, so dive in. And as you said I will be sitting on the shore. That was the point of the trip, wasn't it?'

Taehyung could easily hear the challenge in his voice.

'Koo...'

'Don't try to act sweet with me now. Wasn't it the point of the trip?'

Taehyung took a deep breath and finally shook his head.

'No.' Jungkook said bitterly with grief in his voice. 'You lied. And here I was, thinking that you honestly want to spend some time with me.'

'I do.'

'No. You don't.' Jungkook denied, harshly. 'You just want to play a hero...'

Taehyung flicked his forehead.

'Don't twist my motives! First of all, the main reason is to spend more time with you. Second of all I wouldn't do that for anybody else. And third of all you once told me that I am protecting Bogum's weakness. And I don't want to protect yours. Because you are strong enough to get rid of it!'

'Why can't I have my fears? Why can't I have a weakness?!'

'You can! But for fucks sake this one is dangerous! As soon as you touched the sea surface, you simply gave up! You are forgetting about your power! It paralyzes you, Jungkook! And honestly, it scares the shit out of me!'

Taehyung brushed his hair with his fingers, frustrated.

'I barely reached you... What if I will be too late next time?' he asked quietly.

Jungkook's anger vanished at once. The fear in Taehyung's voice was making him feel guilty and cared for at the same time.

'I am not playing a hero...' Taehyung pressed his hands to Jungkook's knees. 'I'm simply protecting myself here... I won't be able to stand it if anything happens to you...'

Jungkook put his own hands on Taehyung's.

'Tae... I-... I can't...' he whispered with a shaky voice.

'I know. I know you can't do it alone... But you can do it with me. I will protect you.'

(🎶Music tip: 'Safe in my hands' by Eli Lieb🎶)

Jungkook was looking at Taehyung. It was the first time he actually believed these words.

'You don't need to jump to every pond you will be passing by... I just want you to be able to think straight if anything like that happens again...'

Jungkook actually was in a daze because of Taehyung. He actually couldn't say 'no'... 

He scratched his head, desperately trying to find some good excuses. 

'The water is cold...' he said hesitantly.

Taehyung smiled widely. He knew, Jungkook put his safety in his hands. And he was going to be his safe place.

'It's not that cold...' he answered.

'I don't have spare clothes...'

'I will give you mine. One of a lifetime opportunity to wear Kim Taehyung's clothes...'

Jungkook looked at him with pout on his lips. Not really eager to move...

'I will let you drive back...' Taehyung was tempting him.

'It's not really beneficial if I drown...'

Taehyung laughed and stood up.

'Don't be a drama queen...' He stretched his hand. 'Come... You are safe with me...'

Jungkook sighed and grabbed Taehyung's hand. Taehyung pulled him and Jungkook threw away his shoes and socks. Taehyung took his other hand, so now he was holding both of Jungkook's hands tightly. He slowly stepped back,  making Jungkook get closer to the water. 

Jungkook anxiously was looking at the lake. This amount of dark water reminded him of too many bad memories... Of the suffocating feeling... Of his brother's calm expression...

'Hey, hey, hey!' Tae called him out of his thoughts. 'Eyes on me.'

When Jungkook's feet touched the cold water he shivered, but Taehyung steadily was leading him further. Jungkook was focused on Taehyung's eyes now, trying to not think about the water that reached his waist.

'Maybe we should stop?' Jungkook said pleadingly.

'How many moles do I have on my face?' Taehyung unexpectedly asked him.

The distraction worked. Jungkook frowned and his eyes searched every detail on Taehyung's face.

'Your nose...' he smiled, happy he found it. 'And cheek!' He didn't even realise he was already deep in the water.

'Good. But it's not the only ones... So? How do you feel?' Taehyung asked, smiling, and squeezed Jungkook's hands he was holding under the water.

Jungkook looked around and slight panic appeared in his eyes.

'I... Fuck...' he gulped.

'We need to dive...'

'Are you out of your mind?!'

'Just for a second. We won't move further I promise. We will just water our heads...'

'No way...' Jungkook shook his head.

'Remember you can swim and you can use your power...'

'But...'

'You trust me, right?'

Jungkook didn't answer, too stressed about the idea of the watery hell closing over his head. 

Taehyung slowly put Jungkook's hands on his own shoulders, bent his knees and pulled Jungkook to the water.

'Deep breath...'

'No, no! Taehy...'

It was just a second as Taehyung promised. With wet hair he surfaced, filling Jungkook's fingers diving into his shoulders desperately. Jungkook, catching his breath, got closer to Taehyung and shook his bangs out from his forehead.

'I hate this...' he choked out.

Taehyung laughed and put his hands on Jungkook's waist. He took another step back and Jungkook's feet lifted off the bottom. Feeling his body floating in the water he embraced Taehyung's neck, still a bit too scared.

'I think it's enough...' he whispered and gulped. 'See? Am not panicking...'

'Chill... I'm holding you, right? You are in your safe place...'

He said it so calmly, so naturally, that Jungkook felt a tingling sensation in his whole body. His heart clenched and he almost got emotional. Taehyung's smile saved him. He was looking at his amazing, dazzling smile and forgot where he was. What he was doing. He barely remembered who he was.

'Under your eye...' he whispered, looking at the small, third mole on Taehyung's lower eyelid.

Taehyung winked at him.

'There is one more...'

Jungkook pulled himself even closer to have a better look at Taehyung's face. With parted lips his eyes were travelling through Tae's skin.

Taehyung tried to stay focused. He couldn't possibly think of how close they were right now. He couldn't think of how Jungkook's hard stomach muscles are perfectly felt through the thin, wet shirt. 

He had a mission. An important one. 

Taehyung slowly lifted his own legs from the bottom and he was floating on the water slowly moving his legs. Jungkook's body was almost lying on his own. His hands were holding the younger's waist, connecting their middles.

'Don't panic...' he warned quietly and stopped his movements for a moment so their bodies sank deeper into the water.

Jungkook gasped when he realised that Taehyung can't touch the bottom too and again his head was covered by the water. This time for longer.

He instantly shielded their bodies with his power, allowing them to breathe under the surface. Taehyung smiled at him proudly and moved his legs harder to pull them up.

'That was really sneaky of you...' Jungkook pouted.

'Awww... ' Taehyung cooed at him. Then he shook his head in disbelief. 'I can't believe that there was a time I thought You were a bloodthirsty alpha who can whoop everyone's ass...'

'I can whoop everyone's ass...' Jungkook frowned.

'I know, but you are a baby too...'

'I'm not.'

'You are.'

'I'm not!'

Taehyung let them sink into the water without a warning and Jungkook immediately panicked and embraced his neck tighter.

'Tae!' he whined and Taehyung's laugh echoed above the lake.

Jungkook started to slightly move his legs too, when Taehyung turned with him and started to swim in the shore direction.

'Ok, I think we can reach the bottom again.' Taehyung said and stood steadily.

Jungkook did the same, but when he was removing his arms from Tae's neck he suddenly gasped excitedly and touched Taehyung's lips with his fingers.

'I found it!'

The time stopped. 

Taehyung was looking at Jungkook, charmed. The light smile on Jungkook's lips, wet hair, the little droplets of water on his skin. It was just too endearing.

Taehyung's lips felt itchy in the place Jungkook touched them.

The younger alpha suddenly realised what he was doing. He was caressing Taehyung's lips with his fingertip. He blushed madly and took his hand away, lowering his head. His fingers felt hot. He wanted to do it again, but...

'S-sorry...'

'And you have one here...' Taehyung's glance felt on Jungkook's lips, when his thumb slid under his lower lip slowly.

Jungkook gulped.

'It's inspiring...' Taehyung whispered absent-mindedly.

Jungkook blinked and laughed.

'How the mole can be inspiring?' he asked and Taehyung blushed slightly.

'I don't know... It just came to me...' he shrugged.

'But it inspires you to what?' The Younger was teasing him.

'Oh, shut up!' he splashed the water in Jungkook's face.

Jungkook gasped indignant and hit the water with his hand, throwing it at Taehyung.

The battle has begun. They were running around trying to get one another with the water. Their laughter and screams echoed in the forest.

After a while Taehyung tiredly lay down on the water and looked at the clear blue sky. Jungkook was looking at him for a moment, until he finally, hesitantly decided to lay down on the water too. They were floating head to head, enjoying the silence.

'How was it?' Taehyung asked slowly.

'Rather... nice...' Jungkook answered. 'T-thank you. I didn't believe I would ever enjoy staying by the lake.'

'You didn't panic. That's really good...'

Yeah, well... I was too distracted by you... Jungkook thought. 

'We can try again sometime...' Taehyung offered.

'I... ' Jungkook stopped and closed his eyes. He wanted to deny the offer. But the truth was, he wasn't opposed to the idea anymore.

He felt protected. He felt safe. He could do it. He was able to do it. He wanted to do it.

So finally he quietly finished his sentence.

'I will try again if you will be around...'

Taehyung smiled lightly and closed his eyes. 

'Don't worry. I will be...'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I promised...

It's a soft chapter 💜💜💜💜💜💜

Blair_Witch

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.3K 5.5K 11
Jungkook has dedicated his immortal life as a fairy to protect the Kingdom Seven. He was first shown love and compassion by the queen Mina who had ma...
19.1K 1.6K 12
Hey my lovelies so i come again with a new taekook fantasy book...hope you all enjoy it....🌼🌼🌼 One day a boy went to a forest as he getting so man...
186K 13.2K 46
Story by cutegir2002 A story full of adventures. Containing four love stories and lots of action. Strangers meeting in the same path, with the same m...
54.5K 2.9K 43
The lives of Kim Brothers - cold and merciless Vampire lords turn upside down when they collide their ways with a cute fluffy creature whose identity...