The Sun, The Moon, The Dragon...

By AbraxosKit48

To be a teen in a small town is easier said than done, especially when you don't have the easiest life. Two g... More

Chapter 1: Skycrest
Chapter 2: Friarridge
Chapter 3: Dragon... not dragon?
Chapter 4: Fooooood
Chapter 5: The kill
Chapter 6: Surprise shooters
Chapter 7: Little Miss Dunce
Chapter 8: Drakon Academy
Chapter 9: Who are you really?
Chapter 10: Ambushes
Chapter 11: 200m sprint
Chapter 12: Flags and Ratatouille
Chapter 13: Testing
Chapter 15: Powerhungry shifters
Chapter 16: 4 or 5 stories?
Chapter 17: Meeting the Wolves
Chapter 18: The beginning
Chapter 19: The showdown
Chapter 20: The strangest Symbol
Chapter 21: Mysterious people
Chapter 22: Longlostcousins
Chapter 23: Her name is Juniper
Chapter 24: Barbie Britt
Chapter 25: Schedules
Chapter 26: Infatuation
Chapter 27: Fight! Fight! Fight!
Chapter 28: A crack and a Scream... or three
Chapter 29: The mysterious man... again
Chapter 30: Bye Bye Ej
Chapter 31: Prophecy 1; the last prophecy
Chapter 32: Prophecies, bows and gifts
Chapter 33: The...Delightful Date
Chapter 34: Dungeons
Chapter 35: Spilling the tea
Chapter 36: Ditched for a girl
Chapter 37: Daphne Drama
Chapter 38a: Skylar
Chapter 38b: MINI CHAPTER
Chapter 39: A day to remember
Chapter 40: Tatts, Pops and Whops.
Chapter 41: Ranked Eggs
Chapter 42: The Other Halves
Chapter 43: Goodbye darkness. Hello Understanding.

Chapter 14: Twinsies!

32 3 0
By AbraxosKit48

Ria POV:

I sat in shock, Lark was a Vampire... not that I dislike vampires, well it isn't like I've met any...I don't think at least, but she's one. I never would've guessed, I guess that is why they say don't judge a book by it's cover. From her outwards appearance you can't tell she's a vamp except her pointy canines, but she will learn how to hide those with glamour or a rune.

Also two people appeared to Lark, everyone else has only had one person.

I had noticed that every time a vampire comes out of the room which is everyone so far they go over to the King, he explains a few things and their teeth go away.

"Good job, ok I'll teach you how to glamour your fangs..." He goes on to explain how to glamour teeth but I don't really care, I don't need that so I zone out.

"So, Lark is a vampire do you think anyone else will be?" Kalan looks between the 7 of us seated here. I shrug, there's no way to tell.

"I don't think so, there's usually a higher number of plain Isalors and Riders over Vampire or Werewolf ones." Zim murmurs quietly, she knows more than what she is saying.

"How about Werewolves?" Ryker adds peering at everyone.

"I think a few, maybe about the same amount as Vampires?" Thalium guesses, he gives a shrug unsure whether he's made a close estimate or not.

I shift uncomfortably as a few kids glance at me or at Titan and whisper.

"Guys?" Lark walks over to us unsure if we will accept her.

"Lark! You're a vamp! That's so cool." I add enthusiasm so she doesn't feel embarrassed. Titan stands up stretching and clambers over to Lark, he sniffs her before promptly rubbing himself on her legs and rumbling happily.

"Hey Titan," She rubs his head affectionately and comes and sits down beside the rest of us. I smile at Lark encouraging her it's fine.

"Who were the two people you saw?" I smile at Lark.

"You-You saw two people...?" Lark whispers to me, I nod my head slowly.

"Yeah?" Her face goes red, "they said everyone could only see one of them..." I shrug.

"Yo, Guys!" I call getting our friends attention. "How many people did you see on Lark's screen other then her?" Everyone gives me a funny look.

"Only one? People can only see one person in there." Logan looks at me curiously. I shrug pretending to just be curious.

"Oh? I didn't know that." I say trying to force interest.

"Everyone else can you please go up when I call you? This is everyone else." Mr Tallansburg starts listing off three names. None of my friends are chosen so we sit and wait.

Lark taps my shoulder, "The two women were my birth mother, Sophia, and my adoptive mother, Sara. They are best friends." Lark whispers quietly.

"Are either of them Vampires?" I whisper back.

"No, my dad is a vampire apparently. I don't know who he is." She shrugs and look at the screens above the rooms.

None of our friends speak as we wait to be called. Eventually all our friends are called and then finally me. Commanding Titan to stay I walk over to the door. Upon entering I am greeted with a pure white room with bright lights flashing down on me. The room changes and I'm standing in a field of green grass. This is what everyone sees when they aren't a vampire. I stand facing the sun, it glares down on me and warms me to the bone.

A door appears in front of me signalling the others are done too, I walk out quickly and see one of the students that went at the same time as me has fangs. She licks the pointy tooth and smiles, I walk back to my friends and the vamp to the teacher. Me and her were the last two to go for vampires, now for the Werewolves.

I sit silently waiting while the King speaks to the last Vampire, she smiles and sits back down.

"Ok, now that's all the vampires, 16 in total. Time for the Werewolves. Up first will be the ones we already know are wolves then the people who are guessed to be wolves. Last will be everyone else. If anyone has trouble controlling themself once turned my wolf can settle you down until you belong to a pack. Transforming will hurt a lot more than growing fangs so I do apologise in advance for the pain." Mr Tallansburg smiles at the crowd before turning to his clipboard.

"Azima Gregoravich, Charlise Bones and Becker Bucker." Zim turns to our group and smiles shyly.

"So... I'm a werewolf..." Zim mumbles looking at Lark.

Lark just smiles brightly, "And I'm a Vampire, we are who we are. Still my bestie." She bumps her fist into Zim's shoulder.

"Thank-you." Zim smiles and gets up, the rest of us grin at her with our thumbs up. She breathes and makes her way to the first room.

I watch the screen as she enters, the lights flicker and she's transported to her house maybe? A grey swirling mist appears in front of her. A lady appears dressed in a simple summery dress, they talk for a short while, the lady steps back and Zim screams. You can't hear the scream but you can tell it's a scream from the way her body goes rigid.

I watch as she falls to the floor and her bones rearrange, she screams and her nails turn into sharp claws and black fur grows all over her. She stands up and a small pretty black wolf stands where Zim stood moments earlier. The black wolf stretches and the light reflects off its pelt showing its actually mottled black and brown.

The door appears in the wall and all three wolves trot out, standing just outside the door is Mr Tallansburg in his wolf form, the wolf is muscular and larger then the three wolves in front of him. His pelt is a dull greying brown colour and his fangs are sharp. He sits poised watching each wolf, Zim shakes her fur and sits down in front of Mr Tallansburg. Another wolf with a brown pelt does the same however the third wolf howls and rushes towards a girl sat with her friends. She yelps in fright and everyone tenses waiting. Before he can get much further Mr Tallansburg growls, the wolf freezes before going to take another step. Instead of growling again he stands up and makes a high pitched whirring sound, the rogue wolf stops, turning around and walks back to the teacher with his tail between his legs.

The crowd gasps not having suspected that would happen. From the looks of Becker he doesn't listen to anyone except himself, so him yielding to a teacher is rare.

The King performs a rune which seems to allow the wolves to shift back keeping their clothes on. All three students shift leaving only Mr Tallansburg as a wolf.

"Samual Harris, Georgina Flenner and Abby Minor." The king gestures to the rooms and waits for the kids to stand up and enter their respective rooms.

"Zim! You're gorgeous." Lark hugs Zim protectively and gives everyone the stink eye making sure they are nice to her.

"Thanks Lark..." Zim mumbles with her face pressed into Lark's shoulder.

"You're very small and dainty." Ryker grins looking at Zim, she growls softly but doesn't respond.

"The mottled brown and black fur is so cool Zim." I smile at her trying to show that I don't mind her being a werewolf. In all honesty I don't, I feel as though I knew they existed and having Titan makes me not particularly care.

Julie who is seated just a few seats over scowls, by the looks of it she's jealous. All her friends are not talking, Elle is sitting their silently watching as people go in and out of their rooms.

The next three come out, they all are submissive and bare their necks to Mr Tallansburg before King Alexander casts the rune allowing them to transform with clothes. Although other wolves don't mind transforming without clothes, the humans and vampires hate it.

A few more trios go in and come out as wolves while only 4 attempt to disobey Mr Tallansburg. They don't get further then a few paces before they sit and bare their necks in a show of submission.

"Now for the students who we think are Werewolves... Thomas Benson, Alaria Ridaro... and Rasher Klemptom." As the King reads my name he slows and goes quiet before continuing.

I stand up on wobbly legs and look between my friends. Zim smiles encouraging me onwards and Lark smiles too.

"Ok... here goes." I walk down the steps to the ground before I notice Titan following me. "Titan, no. Go sit with Lark, I'll be back soon boy." He whimpers and lowers his head. "You're not in trouble I just have to do this myself." I lean down and wrap my arms around him, he rumbles happily from the affection. "Now go." I point at Lark and he trots off sadly.

Looking up I see Blaze giving me the thumbs up, I smile and turn towards the rooms. The second door is mine so I walk up to it. Breathing, I push the door open.

The white walls and bright lights make me feel claustrophobic but I ignore the feeling. I stand in silence before the scene around me changes. I'm standing in my and Blaze's cave with the torches lit on the wall and the vines covering the entry. I look around waiting before a swirl of mist appears in front of me and out steps my father, Blake. He smiles at me happily.

"You're not d-dead." My voice wavers.

"No, I'm not, this is just my unconscious form." My adoptive father smiles at me warmly with happy tears filling his eyes.

"Moony, I missed you. I'm sorry we didn't tell you sooner about your parents, Daphne and I really did love you like our daughter. Daphne just didn't know you were a Werewolf. I am also a werewolf just not the strongest one..." He looks beside him as the mist swirls forming another shape.

Out steps a women, she's pretty with light brown hair and delicate features. I look a lot like her in many ways.

"M-mom?" I gasp at the smiling women.

"Yes Baby, I'm so sorry I left you so early... I was killed but not by your father. Your father is a good man baby. A very good man." Mum's eyes are filled with tears, she smiles at me joyfully.

"I gave you to my brother, Blake, and your twin sister to my best friend." I gasp, I have a twin.

"Lark... I saw you speaking to Lark..." I whisper quietly. "Lark is my twin..."

"Yes Baby, she is. I'm so happy you get along well, you two seem close." Mum smiles at me.

"Lark got the Vampire genes from your father, you got the Werewolf genes from me. You are more powerful than you realise, both of you are. You are older by 5 minutes. too" Mum smiles at me with tear streaked cheeks.

"Moony, we have to go. We are always with you. Always." Dad, Blake, says and their two figures start to fade. "I love you Moony."

"I love you Baby girl, always be yourself. You are both powerful." Mum's figure disappears into the mist and my body crumples to the floor. I have zero control over what is happening and my bones pop. The sound near deafening, my eyes sharpen as I peer up from my crumpled heap on the floor. I feel pin pricks as hair grows all over my body and my face elongates into a snout and pointy ears. My body feels on fire and then it stops. I lay still, breathing, waiting. Nothing happens and I sit up, my legs shake slightly while I gain my balance. I tilt my head and scan the empty room. Across from where I'm standing is a mirror, I stalk over to it and peer in. The ornate mirror reveals a pure white wolf with silver eyes, I'm bigger than Zim by quiet a large amount but then again I am taller in human form. Turning I feel graceful and swift. I stretch and look over my shoulder as a door is outlined in the wall, I stride over to the door and it flings open. I step out and can hear everyone gasp, swinging my big head side to side I realise everyone is staring at me.

I growl and the wolves bow their heads, I strut into the open and turn facing my friends. Zim has her neck open to the side showing submission, but to me?

A growl comes from behind me but it doesn't affect me in the slightest, I march up to Zim and sniff her. She smells of fear, of me?

I rumble in an attempt to ask why she's baring her neck for me. As though understanding she looks up without looking me in the eyes.

"You're a-aura is p-powerful, I c-can't h-help it." Zim stammers while my other friends nod, although not wolves they seem to sense my power. The only two people without showing any fear is King Alexander and Lark. Lark because she is a vampire but also Mum said we're both more powerful than we think also we're twins! I presume King Alexander isn't affected as he's the most powerful Vampire, mostly because he's royalty. I bark at Titan he rushes over and presses into my side whimpering. I lick his head between the ears and he stops shaking, looking up I notice everyone is watching me. I growl and stride over to the King. I hate attention in large amounts.

Turning away I notice Blaze staring at me wide eyed open mouthed. I pull a wolfy smirk which probably looks like a snarl and face the king. Tilting my head to the side in a show of curiosity the King and I lock eyes. The two other Werewolves come and sit beside me in a show of respect before the King casts the rune. I'm first to change back into my human form, my eyes turn back to maroon and I'm dressed how I was before I transformed. The two other wolves change back too and I stride over to my friends taking my seat between Lark and Blaze. Titan barks and settles between my feet and I catch many people side eyeing me and whispering.

"Your wolf is stunning Ria, not surprised it's pure white." Blaze nudges my shoulder and I laugh. Grinning I turn to Lark.

"So did you see who I saw?" I grin at Lark, she turns her head to me and nods slowly.

"Who did you see?" Logan looks at me curiously.

"My adoptive father, Blake." I smile remembering his face, it explains why I never looked like my parents.

"Sooo...?" I again turn my attention to Lark, her eyes are shining with unshed tears. "I'm older by 5 minutes!" I mumble, my voice cracks and we both burst into tears. Our friends all turn to look at us, giving us funny looks.

Lark leans forward and wraps me in a hug which I return, "Mum's beautiful we look just like her..." I murmur into Lark's flame red hair. "Well apart from our hair colour." I chuckle and Lark giggles.

"What's happening?" Kalan looks between Lark and I confused, the others all have similar faces too.

"I'm not sure..." Blaze murmurs watching us hug.

Remembering Lark is my twin gives me a flashback of when I was a baby, I was given to Blake and Daphne when I was 6 months old. I remember crawling around the living room of my grandparents house with Lark, Blake and another women with brown straight hair, all stand watching us. It was our last day together. Mum handed a sword and necklace to Blake for me and another necklace and two twin swords to the other women for Lark.

I blink my eyes as they adjust to the light of the gym.

"Did you see that?" I whisper to Lark, she nods still crying.

We pull apart and smile at each other, I reach to my throat where my necklace I've worn everyday of my life sits, Lark does the same with hers.

"What are they?" Lark whispers quietly.

"I'm not sure." My necklace is matte black and has a rune drawn on the back which I'm not sure what it does. The front is a wolf wrapped around a jewel of some sort. I look at Lark's and notice a similar design but its a bat with the jewel in it's centre the wings outstretched.

"Wanna fill us in...?" Ryker mutters getting a whack over the back of the head from Logan.

I look up from the necklace and smile. "Everyone, meet my younger twin sister Larkin."

o-o

What does everyone think? Did you expect that or not?
Thank-you for reading my story.
Don't forget to comment and vote :D
- Brax Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 53.1K 32
( WARNING I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 12 READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ) Sadness.Hate.Anger.Pain. That's all the feeling Maria feels. Her pack abuses her m...
5K 110 14
*Book 3 of the Born To Burn Series* ONLY CHAPTER 1-10 ARE OPEN WE ARE OFFICIALLY ON AMAZOM KINDLE! ❤️ PLZ CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME THERE. I ❤️EACH AND...
49.8K 852 38
**If you see or read this book on any other platform, it's been stolen and plagiarized. This is the ONLY forum that has my permission to publish my...
14.9K 582 34
I am 16 years old and finally will have a life out the home I have know for so long. I will be going to a school. The leaders of our city will be pic...