Baking With Boys |✔

By AanchalBudhiraja

Now available as Audiobook on Audible India. Spring. It's the season to love, share, and find happiness. But... More

INTRODUCTION
1. Buttercream Cookies
2. Strawberry Shortcake
4. Blueberry Ice Cream
5. Vanilla Icing
6. Orange Crush
7. Butterscotch Milkshake
8. Raspberry Syrup
9. Apple Juice
10. Rose Sorbet
11. Hazelnut Cream
12. Peach Soufflé
13. Watermelon Margaritas
14. Grape Candies
14.5: A Grape Candy For You
15. Cherry Jam
16. Almond Milk
17. Pomegranate Tea
18. Coconut Chutney
19. Caramel Crunch
20. Tiramisu Pie
21. Mango Yogurt
22. Kiwifruit Tart
23. Berry Mousse Cake
23.5: A Slice Of Berry Mousse Cake
24. Pistachio Macaroon
25. Cheese Fondue
26. Mint Marshmallows
27. Nutella Popsicle
28. Red Velvet Doughnut
29. Pumpkin Spice Latte
30. Ginger Snaps
31. Rainbow Sprinklers
32. Cafe Mocha
33. Red Bean Ice Shaving
34. Pecan Brownie
35. Cassata Siciliana
36. Croquembouche
37. Lemon Wafers
38. Passionfruit Panna Cotta
39. Sweet Bun
40. Honey Pancakes
40.5: A Honey Pancake For You
41. Blancmange
42. Cinnamon Rolls
43. Turkish Delight
44. Black Forest Eclair
45. Ras Malai
46. Brigadeiro
47. Sherry Trifle
47.5: A Sherry Trifle For You
48. Malpua
49. Iced Poutine
50. Banoffee Pavlova
51. Spumoni
52. Tapioca Pudding
53. Camote Cue
54. Souskluitjies
55. Shuku Shuku
56. Sakura Mochi
57. The Last Dessert
EPILOGUE
END OF STORY SURVEY
Thirty Ice-cream Dates Is Out!
Thirty Ice-Cream Dates #2
A Birthday To Remember ft. Baking With Boys
GIVEAWAY + THANK YOU NOTE
Stay Afloat, My CEO!

3. Chocolate Muffin

219K 9.7K 5.7K
By AanchalBudhiraja

"Knock knock."

"What?" I groaned, waiting for a reply.

"Knock knock." I rolled my eyes, they could actually knock, instead of saying it. Putting my phone down, I stood up from my bed and looked at the time. Almost one-thirty a.m. I opened my bedroom door and saw Seth and Leo standing there, smiling down at me. Both of them had a bowl of popcorn in their hands.

"Hey, do you need anything?" I tried to ask nicely, but I still felt irritated. I was reading this awesome book on Wattpad, and you just don't put your phone down in between.

"No, we thought that you might wanna join us tonight?" Leo asked me, his brown eyes twinkling.

"What?" I asked, skeptical. The door was partially open, and I firmed my hold on it, in case I had to shut it for my security. I looked between the two of them for explanations.

"Shut up, Leo. We were going to watch a movie. Do you want to tag along?" Seth gave an awkward smile, elbowing Leo in the ribs.

'What?' Leo mouthed, rubbing his side. I chuckled at their antics internally. Both of them had a cute chemistry between them.

"We'll be living here for a while. Why not a movie?" Seth grinned, ignoring Leo, persuading me to join them. He even offered me popcorn, which strengthened his case a lot.

It was comical, yet ironical that Seth appeared to be the opposite of how he actually was. His piercings and dyed blonde hair, although made it easier to separate him from Liam, also gave a totally different vibe. A schoolboy in a biker body. Complete with my assessment, I decided to go with the flow.

"Which movie?" my voice was soft, in contrast to my moody self earlier. I felt guilty for treating them like that, but I could make it up to them.

"The Conjuring." I heard a new voice, and Brandon came into view, not surprisingly in his infamous attire.

That only included his shorts. I seriously wanted to throw a shirt at him. (Not mine, I might add.)

"So that's where you took your time," he said as a matter of fact, looking at both of them with narrowed eyes. I opened my mouth to give him a sharp remark, but Seth beat me to it.

"We just thought she might wanna join." He shrugged, giving me a polite smile that said 'I'll handle it'.

"What the hell, man? She can't handle it." He snorted, and my face seemed to heat up even more than Leo's remark.

"You assumed wrong. I can more than handle it. Let's go, Seth." I turned my head away with a huff and took the bowl from Seth's hand. Without giving them a second glance, I sauntered forward.

I entered the room, and Liam--who was lying on the bed--did a double-take before immediately standing up. My mouth formed an o and I at once averted my eyes to stop myself from staring at his naked and muscled torso. Contrary to Brandon's, his chest made me self conscious instead of gag.

"Ty, you joining us too?" he asked with such a genuine smile that suddenly I didn't feel so agitated or irritated anymore.

"Yup!" I tried to say that cheerily, but it only came out as a squeaky sound.

"Cool," he said and pushed his hands in the pockets of his jeans, which were hung so low, that I could make out the prominent V his lower abdomen made. And he had to make it more evident by sitting in that manly pose.

Okay, time to look somewhere else.

All of them shuffled into what I guessed was Liam's and Brandon's room, and switched on the old T. V. we used to keep on the first floor. They must have shifted it upstairs.

"Move over," Seth said after he connected the pen drive and came over to sit beside me on the ground, while Liam sat on my other side. I shifted a little, and Seth relaxed against the bed that Brandon and Leo were hogging behind us.

The titles started and I felt the teeny-meeny bit of regret at my decision to watch this. What was I doing watching a horror film when I already knew I couldn't handle one?

Not to mention packed between four hot and handsome boys?

Liam shifted closer, and our shoulders brushed together. I felt hyper-aware of my surroundings, fidgeting with my fingers to calm myself, though it only did the opposite. I had this inkling that everyone was watching me, but I knew better than to believe my instincts at that point. Sure enough, when I glanced over to Liam, he was completely engrossed in the movie, and not me. Unintentionally a small smile started playing on my lips. I relaxed.

This was not so bad after all.

Halfway through the movie, I was scared out of my pants and making small squeaky noises whenever something scary (all the time) came on. To my disappointment, Seth was passed out beside me, having probably practiced too much this morning. Upon inspection, Leo too was deep in his sleep.

"I'll be back," Brandon mumbled, getting up from the bed. My eyes followed his movements as he went out of the room. Alone.

I could never do that while I was watching a horror movie. A few minutes passed as I counted the seconds in my mind. Brandon still hadn't come back. My mind went haywire with all the possibilities. From a psychopath to a ghost attacking him. I couldn't decide if I should feel relieved or sad if he did end up getting murdered tonight. Probably the former.

Another scary scene came up and despite my resolve to watch it, I closed my eyes and cringed. Suddenly Liam's arm came around me, holding me in place. I let out a soft gasp of a surprise but he said nothing. My stomach did a free fall and I tried to control the butterflies doing breakdance in my stomach. The right side of my body pressed against Liam's chest, which I could see was still bare, generated heat.

I look down at my fisted hands and then turned my head towards him. His neck and collarbone became my only vision. He held me tight, and I won't lie, it worked the effect because I forgot all about the movie, and ghosts, and just relished in the sensation.

"You are staring. " Liam chuckled, and my temperature went two degrees higher.

"Sorry," I muttered, not sure why I was apologizing, but embarrassed still. If I thought about it, he was close to a stranger, and here I was giving him the doe eyes.

Just who was the perverted one right now?

He still didn't let go of me, his breath fanning out over my head, and his hands tightly securing me in his arms. The surroundings were as if they had muted themselves, and I was counting my luck.

Did I save a country in my past life?

Reality came crashing back as a horrific sound came from the movie, and I yelped. Liam jumped because I jumped, breaking out into laughter.

"Calm down, Ty." He patted my shoulder, and it felt more of a soothing gesture for children rather than anything flirtatious. I wished I could just vanish myself from here.

"Haha, I am fine." I lied, but my voice shook. I was far from fine. Forget about horror movies, his rhythmic breathing, and deep voice was doing crazy things to my body. Runaway before you make a fool out of yourself, I reminded myself.

"If you want, I can switch it off," he suggested. I craned my neck upwards, meeting his piercing blue eyes.

"No way in hell," Brandon spoke in my other ear, and I screamed like a banshee. Both of them winced, as I scrambled back and got up faster than the speed of light. My foot caught on Seth's leg, and I stumbled when Brandon caught and straightened me to a standing position. I snatched my hand away from his embrace.

"Jesus Christ!" I took a measured step away from him, my heart screaming out of my chest. I was furious. Nothing was funny anymore, I almost had a heart attack. Dammit!

I was huffing, and glaring, while trying to calm myself, when to my utter surprise, Brandon started laughing. Not the amused chuckling and snickering, but a full belly laugh, with his eyes crinkling and his dimples showing.

He had dimples.

"Oh my god!" Brandon clutched his stomach and doubled over. Steam came out of my ears as I failed to see the reason behind his amusement. It only aggravated me, and I clenched and unclenched my hands to calm my anger. Liam, seeing my discomfort, tried to tone it down.

He grabbed and threw some popcorn at Brandon. But that only made him laugh harder. Liam turned back to me, giving me an apologetic smile, and shrugging his shoulders.

"Shit. That was so much fun." Brandon snickered, patting my head. He was way taller than my mere five foot three inches, and I hated him even more for that.

"Oh, really? I had say fuck off," I shouted, my anger getting the best of me, and stormed out of the room. My heart was drumming so loudly in my chest and hence, ears, that even the silent corridor seemed noisy to me. If someone saw me- they would have a fitting laugh. My easily susceptible skin would be as red as my hair, and I would be resembling a tomato for all I cared.

I was so going to have trouble sleeping tonight. I never, like never, watched a horror movie before going to bed. For all I knew, my sleep habits were going to get worse and everyone would find out.

Just as I was about to reach my bedroom, a hand gripped my shoulder. A shot of fear spread in my stomach, and I cowered, as I was spun around. The knots loosened when I realized it was just Brandon.

"What?" I tried to make my voice strong, but again, it came out squeaky and loud. Both of us winced.

He took his hand back and with little hesitancy, spoke, "Nothing. Sorry about that... If you are upset or something." He ruffled his hair, sneaking a glance back at his room. He was grumbling, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Are you really sorry?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him. I knew exactly who pushed him here to apologize. It wasn't hard to guess that he was insincere. More evident when he didn't jump to deny the accusation.

I waited, hoping he would be sincere. But after a minute of silence, in which his face went through a series of emotions, he started laughing.

Seriously?

"God, you were so cute! Who gets scared like that?" He wiped his tears, supporting himself with the wall. I stared at him, my mouth hung open, and eyes wide. My stomach did a free fall as his words registered in my head, warmth creeping up to my cheeks.

Did he just call me cute? His laughter seemed to die down as he looked at my face, and the realization of what he had said hit him. Before he spoke, I interrupted with an awkward laugh. "Haha! That was funny! I am too sleepy, I should go now. Bye!"

I turned, saving myself from a trip down to the floor just in time. In a second, I had the door open and my foot inside. I was just about to slam my door shut when he squeezed past it and came inside my room.

"What the hell? Get out or I'll kick you out!" I shouted at him, and he held up his hands in surrender. A bit surprised at the outburst myself, I raised my eyebrows when he didn't move right away.

"I--" He opened his mouth to say something but at the same time,

"Ty?" I heard my mom calling for me, outside my room.

Bloody hell.

*****

Comment me the scariest movie you have watched! 

Vote, follow, and spread love!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 2.5K 28
Dane has always been Mr. Chill. His friends think of him as the centered, calm, even kind of guy. He plays the piano. Bakes on the weekends. Does...
36.5K 1.9K 29
"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." ...
687K 22K 64
#1 in Distance #1 in Girlfriend #1 in Living #60 in Discover #2 in Brothers #5 in Love #45 in Teen Fiction #64 in Sadness #8 in Dance Eight boys. One...
129K 7.6K 33
Highest rank #30 in humor in May, 2017 "Life is like a Cadbury Dairy Milk. There are ups and downs but you still have to love both to enjoy." Meet Tu...