How To Survive After

Por Sweety_Pie1022

War changes people, some shut down, some become paranoid that they believe their own shadow is out to get the... Más

Act 1
PROLOGUE
I: Going home
III: Death's Life
Act 2
I: Meeting the locals
II: The scooby gang
III: The people who just got back
IV: More than one bonfire
V: Its the Apocalypse
VI: Dressed for a Funeral
VII: Lost and Found
VIII: Happy Death Day
IX: Finding the Bodies
X: Dinner from hell
XI: Before and After
XII: Fleeting peace
XIII: Their night
XIV: A visit from Death
Act 3
I: On the Run
II: The Family's Approval
III: The final moments
IV: It's been 5 days
V: Samhain
VI: A Mornings Peace
VII: Matters Of Family
VIII: The Distraction
IX: Keeping them Occupied
X: I'm Back At School
XI: A Dance with Death
Act 4

II: Road to the Falls

11.3K 354 18
Por Sweety_Pie1022

It's been 3 months, since the day at the bank. They have been to many places across the world.
The dart idea didn't work, well it worked too well. It ended up in the same place again and again. A small little town in Virginia

MYSTIC FALLS

She had no idea why so she gave up that idea very reluctantly after the 10th time end of the same place she got annoyed. Instead, she decided to call to death

3 months ago

"Um, DEATH are you, you know there" Azalea called out in the old living room of Grimmauld place, luckily no one saw her as they would seriously be worried about her mental health more so than normal
"I don't know how to call upon you"

Azalea's nerves were snapping far quicker than she even realised; she had always been inclined towards anger.
But especially this morning she didn't have the patients for other living beings apart from her son and she had a nightmare in the night, so add sleep deprivation to the list of problems. Decided to scream the house down like a loon instead "If you're waiting for a dramatic entry can you hurry up, please"

"It is I DEATH" They spoke in a hollow tone in the dark gloomy room, a cold breeze swept through and made Azalea shiver yet relax
Interrupting them, before they could do the well-prepared speech, they most certainly have with the tiredness fulling her anger as she spoke quite demanding and sarcastically "Great, I have questions"

"Good for you," They answered in the same tone but with a slight pout
"Stop pouting, your too old for that" Azalea demanded with a small smirk painted on her rosy lips

"I AM DEATH"

Interrupting once again hoping they wouldn't go on a full rant as she said in a sarcastic drawl as she left the room in search of a warm mug of hot chocolate "Didn't know"
Now they had a full-on pout, Azalea sighed deeply "Stop, you're a deity"
The only thing Death did was counter with their tonged being stuck out at her. Azalea being the mature Wixen that she is, did the same

Once they settled into the somewhat habitable living room, settling into the newly restored furniture, thanks to death. Neither commented that it was her fault for the state of the living room.
Azalea said with the dregs of her hot chocolate in her hands "Okay, Q and A time, Question 1 what is the 'Mistress of death'"

"You are my mistress" They answered as if solved all her problems
"Great answer," Azalea deadpanned as her eye twitched in annoyance and encouraged them to carry on

Huffing like a child who didn't get a cookie, Death told her "You can tell me when to take souls, you will be able to see people on the other side and human souls that linger on the mortal plain and you will have some of my power and a few other little things"
Azalea snorted as she smirked widely as she said with amusement lacing her words "So I'm the overlord of Death"

Ignoring that comment they asked in an expected tone "Aren't you going to ask about the other side"
"No, I took 'Magical History'" Azalea replied slightly offended. She loved the subject.
History of Magic, boring. Magical history was anything but.
It showed you the good and the bad, and not just Wixen magic and in her opinion has stunted the Wixen community. It showed everything like Nature magics and their history, which her favourite part was the originals and how Werewolves were cursed. Some magics were lost to time or deemed irrelevant and one of her favourites was spell-craft.

Slightly baffled Azalea asked, after a small pause which she used to collect her thoughts "What do you mean 'You will have some of my power'"
"You will be able to access more magic, darker branches. More powerful core. Your appearance will start to change nothing major and before you ask, I don't know what will change" They explained with a bored expression as if it was like she should have already known.
But then a bashful smile appeared and said in a shy voice which didn't suit them "I've never had a mistress or Master before"

Azalea just stared for a bit at their confession but snapped out of her thoughts when she saw the bored expression on Death's face,
"Okay, that's a lot but I can process it, at least I'm getting information when asking for answers," Azalea thought bitterly about all the times Dumbledor denied her answers and people died because of them, mainly Sirius
"Can I call you something other than death it seems a bit... well, rude"

They spoke in a booming voice that filled the peeling walled room "You may call me THANATOS"
Snorting, Azalea mused "Sure Ana"
Death gave a glare that could put anyone in the grave, but Azalea thought they looked cute

Now

They were home, Azalea loved saying that.
They were in Potter Villa, after the dart idea she just decided to take turns visiting all of the properties she owned. It was mid-July when they arrive at the Potter Villa in Pitigliano, Tuscany.

Wondering around the city, she was in love with the medieval appearance. The villa itself looked like it was straight out of time.
It was doing amazing things for her mental health; her PTSD was still present it always will be but certain triggers had lessened for example her heart rate doesn't sore when an unfamiliar sound is heard.
Azalea has also been eating more frequently, still in small portions, thank you dear relatives, but more snacks like fruit during the day.
She had been feeling genuinely happier, not faked like at school but lighter, free-er. Maybe she could get used to this.

It was now the 30th of July, her godbrother's birthday. Azalea had demanded Neville come and see her, and he complied knowing full well she would come and drag him there herself.
When he came of his own volition they decided on wandering around the old cobble streets, hearing soft Italian in the air.

After a while of walking, hoping they weren't lost knowing full well this happened a lot at school even if Azalea had a map.
Neville always thought she did it on purpose so she could be late to certain lessons not that he blamed her.
He nonchalantly said "You know, the ministry thinks you're in hiding"

Neville rolled his eyes with a fond smile at Azalea, as she huffed out with a pout "Nevi, I'm not"
"Az, you disappeared" He deadpanned but there was concern glinting in his eyes for his sister
"Obviously, Nevi" Azalea agreed as she knew everyone in the Wixen world just wanted her for something, so it was the best way to leave in a shroud of mystery, she blamed her genetics.

Turning and stopping in front of him, which nearly made Neville fall on top of her as she told him with a nightmare-inducing glint of mischief in her eyes
"And it's Nova now Nova Peverell a young mother from England. Being shipped off after having my Teddy-bear" Azalea told him, "Or that's what people think"

Neville couldn't believe her, well he could.
This was normal, her being dramatic and him hoping that whatever they did wouldn't get them killed. A good dynamic.
So, he just shook his head with an exacerbated sigh saying "Seriously, Az"
"Yes," Azalea smiled widely with humour shining in her eyes. But as she was about to say something again, Azalea ran off like a small child.
Panicking Neville ran right after her as he knows explicitly how danger finds her and she finds mischief, but when he caught up, she was having a lovely conversation with the stall owner.
Neville exasperatedly sighed whispering to himself "It was flowers, she ran off for flowers"

She was having a lovely conversation with the stall owner a flirty comment or two, 'Thank you translation spells' she thought.
She wanted to learn all languages spoken from where they visited but until then translation spells. Leaving with a bunch of flowers that were common in the area.

A light bulb went off in her head at the same time a flower pot exploded "I have an idea"
"No, NOPE. I have nightmares when you say that" Neville told her with an alarm bell ringing in his head, but always went with her to make sure when something bad happened, he was there to make sure nothing happened that was detrimental to her life.

He hastily reminded her "Remember, fourth-year"
"How was I supposed to know it would catch fire," Azalea told him with a confused frown
Neville couldn't contain his shock, as he told her as he waved his arms around as he tried to make her see reason "It was wood"
"Didn't look like it" She whispered to herself more than anybody else, but Neville heard making him rub his hand over his face.

A beaming smile was firmly planted on Azalea's face, ignoring the fact she made an explosion and needed more training, so she didn't destroy the city if she was very upset which was common at night, after waking up remembering
"Anyway, let's get tattoos"
Knowing that he will inevitably say yes as they will have an argument and he would lose but would have a headache at the end, so he agreed with a sigh "Sure"

"I was thinking something nature-based, something small" Azalea trailed off as she began to think about options
A small smile broke out on Neville's face as he realised what she was hinting at, so with fondness radiating in his eyes he softly spoke "Victorian flower language"
Azalea nodded dumbly saying "Obviously it's our secret language"
It was true they learned it in their second year as a distraction for Azalea when she would sit in the common room when everyone else avoided her like the plague and eventually Neville began to help her one day as he saw her reading about the topic

"I was thinking for you French willow" Azalea babbled out as her left arm was looped in his right, with the bouquet in the other
"Bravery and humanity" Neville easily whispered out, so softly Azalea didn't even notice

"I was thinking rosemary for me," Azalea said as she held a nervous smile on her face
"Remembrance" Again Neville whispered the translation, but this time Azalea caught it

Deciding not to comment, instead, Azalea turned to him making them stop as she questioned "So what do you think because I think it is perfect you know"
Before adopting a lower gravelly voice "To quote Dumbles 'There are all kinds of courage, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends'"

Neville laughed at her surprisingly good expression before he spoke strongly with his hands firmly on her dainty shoulders looking into her eyes "They would be proud of you"
"No of us, Nevi. Us"
After saying that, Azalea engulfed him hugging allowing her to bury her face into his chest, whilst letting her eyes mist over making sure tears don't fall otherwise, they wouldn't stop

The following day, waving goodbye to Neville, she needed to be alone on her birthday.
Even more so, when she woke up that night, the nightmare was from the night in the ministry. The night that made her go off the deep end.

Ministry of Magic; 3 years ago

Azalea stood stunned as her head ached knowing she was fooled, but also at the prospect of having tangible information.
She spoke with her tiredness showing as if a lighthouse in the darkest night "You know I have waited 14 years. 14 years is such a long time to know. I've always wanted to know"
At this point, her hand that clutched the misty orb rose unconsciously, much to the displeasure of the others from the D.A

"I know," Lucius spoke with fake sympathy, but desperation was the primary tone. As he continues to encourage "And you will have that knowledge"
This reminded Azalea of her meeting with the wrath on the back of Quirrell's head, first year, which immediately makes her head snap up to his so fast whiplash is a possibility
"Then I guess I can wait a little longer, you blond hair ponce" Azalea seethed before shouting to her group of courageous friends "Now"

Which created a chain reaction of all of them casting an overpowered "Stupefy"

The rest was a blur, all she remembered was flashes of red from her wand directed at any and all obstacles in her way. Before Ginny's extraordinary display of magic, effectively destroying the 'Hall of prophecies' not that she cared one bit.
Running and then falling into a chamber was filled with a familiar coldness of Death washing over her. Azalea felt so warm in the cold, but her head whirled around to the large arch ominously standing in the middle.

It called to her

The whispers were loud and harsh yet quiet and peaceful. A contradiction that should never have been possible, however, it stood before her.
She didn't have time to fully marvel at its presence as dark clouds swept through the chamber, only to be followed by the arrival of light ones.

A flurry of multi-coloured faster zoom past or through the air put on the platform everything stopped.

As the shout of the aristocratic voice of the Lord of House Malfoy sneered the name "Black" with so much loathing it made Azalea flinch
"Expelliarmus" Azalea cried over the loud shouts of spells

This made Lucius fly back as she may have overpowered it slightly.
Making Siri puff his chest with pride, with a wide smirk saying "Nice one, Bambi"
Making Azalea give him the same wicked smirk back, but it was short-lived as the cry of "Avada Kedavra" echoed off the shiny stone walls

It seemed to take Sirius an age to fall, his body curved in a graceful arc as he sank backwards through the ethereal blue glow coming from the arch.
Azalea saw the look of mingled fear, surprise and finally acceptance on her godfather's wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil. Which fluttered for a moment as though a high wind blew through a pair of curtains on a hot day, then fell back into place as if it was never touched.

It was like deafening silence when he fell. Everyone stopped.
Even the whispers

She just saw a beam of light hit her newfound father.
Another person Gone leaving her Alone
She needed to be with him, and she would have if it were not for the strong arms of her werewolf uncle Remmy, she would have run into the arms of DEATH

She just timidly asked "Siri"
As if she was talking to an empty house, waiting for his eager reply from the kitchen.
However, this wasn't the case, as when Azalea understood he was never coming back she frantically mumbled "No" Getting louder each time the word left her lips.
Until all her frustration over the past 15 years built up, she screamed.

A heart-shattering sob that ripped through her tired, battered body made everyone present realise how much he meant to her.
Everyone had tears in their eyes at the snuffed-out life that was filled with pain and heartbreak after heartbreak, and died for the small amount of love he held in his jagged heart.
Her sobs stopped as she let out a deafening scream that made every Wixen, light-dark and grey, stumble due to the force of the magic.
This made the strong grip her uncle had on her loosen, as she made a decision one that followed in the footsteps of her godfather

She wanted revenge and she was going to get it

Now

Screaming awake was not uncommon for Azalea, but fires were as her curtains were alight.
Knowing she needed to calm down, she went to the one place that always did, her Teddy-bear.

Sitting in a comfy rocking chair she grabbed a blanket and looked lovingly at her son. Wrapping the blanket around her she meditated and breathed the way, Death had taught her.
A cry knocked Azalea out of her meditation. Her little Teddy-bear was awake, so picking him up nuzzling her neck once he was securely on her hip.

They didn't do much that day apart from soaking up each other's presence in the sunroom. It was her favourite place in the villa.
Clean white walls that allow the room to be to seem bigger, tables and chairs placed in the middle of the room, bookshelves aligned the walls also surrounded by plants that climb those clean walls to the rafters.

She read spell books and stories to Teddy, playing with him when he got bored of books and then would repeat the cycle with added food breaks.
It was about 4 pm and Azalea just put teddy down for a nap, kissing his crown and placing wards to tell her if he woke up or hurt himself during said nap, she was still extremely paranoid and probably always will.

Walking back to the sunroom Azalea felt a presence waiting for her, so she crept up on it.
However, if she was not in her panicked state, she would have known who it was, as Thanatos' booming voice entered her ears, but in her haze, she had her wand pointed at them "Surprise, Mistress"

Once the fogginess of the memories of war, worn off her mind, her sharp reflexes allowed her to retract the wand from their neck.
Azalea gapped at the deity, blinking a fair few times before opening her mouth to say "What. The utter. FUCK"

"Don't worry, it's only I"
They held a big beaming smile that dropped as soon as Thanatos saw their mistress's face. Her mouth was hanging open in shock, but what hurt the most was the flicker of panic that flashed in her emerald eyes.
Done with them already, Azalea covered up her pure panic with a bitter scoff before saying "No shit Ana"

Hoping to cheer their mistress up, Thanatos told her with a cheeky grin "I have a gift"
Now Azalea felt guilt bubble in her as a fond smile made its way onto her features, speaking softly "You didn't have to"

Smiling back, Thanatos told her "It's a map"
One appears in his left hand
The soft smile had now dropped into a straight line as she told them with a small glare "You shouldn't have"

Only for Thanatos' shoulders to fix as they carefully whispered, "And a dart"
Holding the object in the other
Her lips had now turned into a frown as she rolled her eyes with clenched jaw "No really, you shouldn't have"

"Perhaps it will be different this time" Thanatos offered with a sheepish smile
"Where have I heard that before," Azalea told them as she walked out of the room, in the direction of the kitchen. Following after his mistress, Thanatos couldn't get a word in as she listed off with a sarcastic drawl while she walked down the corridor past the exposed wooden beams "France, Majorca, Puerto Rico, and now Italy"
Turning on her heel to face the deity she raised her voice and hands exclaiming "It will always be Mystic falls"

Thanatos, soothingly suggested, "Perhaps you should look-"
"Into the place. Yeh, I already have" Azalea interrupted as she told him pointedly with her hip jutted out rolled her eyes
"So I know it is a supernatural hotspot and I'm staying away"
Azalea was trying to be mature, but when she delved into the history of the place, she found out what that place was.
Azalea couldn't lie; she wants to go.

The place was interesting and piqued her interest when Thanatos said too quickly following her previous statement "What no, you will go"
Azalea narrowed her eyes at the shifting deity, who refused to meet her killer stare, which rooted him in place, as she stalked closer demanding through gritted teeth "And pray tell, why"

"CHAOS"
The marauder in her was positively gleeful when they uttered the word with such a thrill

"I can't, I have Teddy now," Azalea said as the reality set in, before giving the idea a different spin as she paced in front of the deity as her drink left her mind "But it could give him life experience about the dangers of the world"
"Yes, yes good thinking"
Thanatos encouraged as he could see the inner battle hoping her inquisitiveness wins
Realising what they were doing she stopped moving before snapping with no real heat behind it "No stop it, you're trying to convince me"
Once again encourages her as he muses with a smirk "Maybe you should go get out of your comfort zone"

"I'm living, that's out of my comfort zone" Azalea retorted with a deadpan expression only to receive a scolding look which ultimately makes her crack as she throws her hands up saying "Fine I will go to mystic falls, Morgana give me strength"
Death was beaming a shiver went down Azalea's spine.

What had she just agreed to?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

940K 24.8K 61
Vivienne didn't believe in vampires until she started to suspect her prince might be one. Which will she sacrifice - humanity or love? ...