Playing The Chase - Book Two...

bookishabix

- COMPLETED - BOOK TWO in The WSU Series HIGHEST RANKINGS : #1 in Sports Romance #1 in College Romance Oliv... Еще

- Information + Character Profiles -
- Prologue -
- Chapter One -
- Chapter Two -
- Chapter Three -
- Chapter Four -
- Chapter Five -
- Chapter Six -
- Chapter Seven -
- Chapter Eight -
- Chapter Nine -
- Chapter Ten -
- Chapter Eleven -
- Chapter Twelve -
- Chapter Thirteen -
- Chapter Fourteen -
- Chapter Fifteen -
- Chapter Sixteen -
- Chapter Seventeen -
- Chapter Eighteen -
- Chapter Nineteen -
- Chapter Twenty -
- Chapter Twenty-One -
- Chapter Twenty-Two -
- Chapter Twenty-Three -
- Chapter Twenty-Four -
- Chapter Twenty-Five -
- Chapter Twenty-Six -
- Chapter Twenty-Eight -
- Chapter Twenty-Nine -
- Chapter Thirty -
- Chapter Thirty-One -
- Chapter Thirty-Two -
- Chapter Thirty-Three -
- Chapter Thirty-Four -
- Chapter Thirty-Five -
- Chapter Thirty-Six -
- Chapter Thirty-Seven -
- Chapter Thirty-Eight -
- Chapter Thirty-Nine -
- Chapter Forty -
- Chapter Forty-One -
- Chapter Forty-Two -
- Chapter Forty-Three -
- Chapter Forty-Four -
- Chapter Forty-Five -
- Chapter Forty-Six -
- Chapter Forty-Seven -
- Chapter Forty-Eight -
- Chapter Forty-Nine -
- Chapter Fifty -
- Chapter Fifty-One -
- Chapter Fifty-Two -
- Chapter Fifty-Three -
- Chapter Fifty-Four -
- Chapter Fifty-Five -
- Chapter Fifty-Six -
- Chapter Fifty-Seven -
- Chapter Fifty-Eight -
- Chapter Fifty-Nine -
- Chapter Sixty -
- Chapter Sixty-One -
- Chapter Sixty-Two -
- Chapter Sixty-Three -
- Chapter Sixty-Four -
- Chapter Sixty-Five -
- Epilogue -
- Author's Note / Book Three -

- Chapter Twenty-Seven -

5.6K 112 61
bookishabix

"Boys meeting."

We got to the house around two hours ago, I never knew how long it took for these fuckers to change— it's ridiculous. Originally we were going to stay in New York as the event is there but due to last-minute decisions, we're staying in Manhattan.

"Lewis!" I yell as I bang on his door, it swings open revealing Em standing in a towel, "Wilson." She looks me up and down, "what are you doing here?" Em asks as she tightens her grip on the towel that's wrapped around her. I lock eyes with hers, "funny— I could ask you the same thing." I tease, Alex shows up a second later, leaning a hand on the door frame.

"What do you want?" Alex mutters as he runs a hand through his hair, I take notice in how his hair is damp and messy, quickly dropping my gaze to see him stood in a towel wrapped around his torso. "Boys meeting," I announce with a grin, "says who?" Alex asks as Em heads back into the room, "says me, get some clothes on— let's go."

"Give me a second." He closes the door, heading over to Kian's room next to Roma's, I knock. "Bliss!" I pound on the door, and a second later the door is wide open— at least one of us is dressed. Sort of. "Boys meeting," I repeat my words from a second ago, "shit— I'll be there in a second." I look over his shoulder to see the room empty. "Where's Young?" I ask with a smile, guessing from what I've just seen, it seems Em and Alex are rooming— so that leaves Kian and Lizzie.

"She's in the bathroom," Kian says with an eye roll, his tone was blunt, "what's up your ass?" I ask in a teasing manner, "other than me getting stuck with Elizabeth, I don't know— maybe having to sleep on the couch?"

Ouch.

"Damn, she really refuses to share a bed with you," I state the obvious, Kian buttons up the rest of his shirt, leaving the top two undone. "I don't get it either," he mutters as his attention returns back to the room.  "I'm heading back to my room, go get Carter and please for the love of god don't upset her," I comment, Kian always finds a way to piss off Lizzie, and I don't need that today. The two of them have some weird tension, personally, the two need to get over whatever's going on between the two. They can have sex for all I care, as long as that stops them from pissing each other off. 

"Why do you assume I'll upset her? She's the one who can't stand being in a room with me." His expression was emotionless as always. "I don't blame her— have you met you?" I taunt as Kian rolls his eyes before running a hand through his hair, "go get changed I'll round up the boys." He steps up to me closing the door, "I'll be two seconds."

Heading back to my room I see Liv standing in the mirror, "rose pink." Liv says but she's not standing in her dress but instead is holding it. "I fucking hate pink," Liv curses harshly as her attention remains on the mirror in front of her.  I close the door gently behind me, "then don't wear it." She shoots me a look, "Leah is going to be there, she'll expect it," Liv admits with a sigh as I cross the room, stopping behind her, "you look stunning, okay? In every color."

It's true.

And I'm not just saying this to get her in my bed at the end of the night.

"Are you wearing white?" Liv taunts as her gaze roams to my trousers in the mirror, "as like you, not my choice," I admit as I smile at her and for once I don't have to force it. During this time, I've noticed me and Liv have more in common than you'd believe. Despite my great relationship with my parents, they control what I do as do Livs I'm guessing. We both don't get attached or feel for anyone else.

"You're enjoying watching me slowly get back into your bed," Liv comments as she turns to face me, "is it working?" I tease as I grin looking down at her. Out of all the girls, Liv is the tallest. However, she's only around 5'8. Still small enough for her to gaze up at me with those eyes.

Those beautiful eyes.

I shake my head, getting out of my thoughts— what the fucks happening to me?

'Those beautiful eyes.'

"I need to head to the other room to get changed," Liv explains as she smooths out the fabric around her stomach, just before she pats my chest, "I'll see you in a minute," Liv mutters as she quickly walks away leaving me stunned in the middle of the room.

My own mind is tricking me.

After a couple of minutes, the boys join me in my room for our annual boy band meeting. We always have them, but especially before my mom's charity event. Normally it's me telling Kian to stay the fuck away from my mom, and married women. I used to advise Roma not to drink, and then encourage Alex to have some fun. "Are we doing this meeting then?" Kian smirks while walking toward the mirror.

"What are you doing?" Alex asks me as he leans against the drawers by the door. "Looking at himself," I say, answering Alex's rhetorical question, Kian turns around to slap my head, "what does it look like I'm doing?" I question. "I have news," Roma comments as he walks into the room, closing the door behind him. "I think I'm going to have sex tonight."

"Congratulations?" I say in confusion as Alex rolls his eyes at my response, "you and Ele haven't?" Kian questions as he gives me the side-eye as if he can't believe what he's hearing. "No, we haven't and with everything that's happened, I'm glad we didn't," Roma admits with a sigh, he's fucked up in the past, but the two of them have moved past it.  "She's had sex before though, right?" Kian asks as Alex's eyebrows furrow, waiting for the answer. "I'm pretty sure." I walk up to him to pat his chest, "don't hurt her, and we'll be good." Roma shrugs my hand off, "why would I hurt her?" The question was slightly offended by my statement.

"Don't be like Bliss," I say again, "what's wrong with me?" Kian asks from across the room, "we've all heard you— it's scarred me," I taunt, we all know the stories of Kian's one-night stands. If we think he's bad in Pullman, you should have heard the stories in New York. A little over two years ago he went a little insane, some may argue. He slept with any girl who gave him attention, he's just as bad as his brother. Despite him being older, the girls all expressed their thoughts on the one night they experienced with the Kian Bliss. Chains, blindfolds, choking— all of it, he doesn't care though. He was either drunk or high on something to block it all out. Fuck knows what went down with him two years ago.

"Just, take it easy," I say, returning my attention back to Roma, "I wouldn't hurt Ele," he speaks more firmly and I believe that. "What time should we leave?" Alex asks while checking his watch, "now." I say with confidence.

Standing at the bottom of the stairs, I look at the boys next to me. For once we're all dressed in suits. Kian was dressed in all black, from his shoes to his tie. Compared to Lizzie who is dressed in white, polar opposites. I know Liv's mom picked the outfits, she did a great job too. Alex was dressed in a navy blue suit and a white shirt which matches Emilias' dress— I smile to myself, I'm pretty sure Liv did that on purpose. I look towards Roma whose dressed similar to what Kian's wearing but with a white shirt.

"Fuck," Kian curses under his breath as he extends his hand to Lizzie, "thank you?" Lizzie gives us one more look before Kian pulls her towards the car, "for fucks sake Kian!" Roma rolls his eyes, "God knows." He mutters before returning his gaze to the girls. Alex clears his throat to grab our attention again, "Emilia." She walks down the remaining stairs, "Alexander."

"You look different."

"You look..." Em looks back to the girls, it's funny watching the two complement each other. They are so lost when it comes to showing affection, she looks back to Alex who is now offering his arm for her to loop hers through.

I'm surprised Kian didn't pick Em to go with him.

"Johnson."

"Jones."

Roma and Ele walk past us heading towards the limo, leaving me and Liv standing at the bottom of the stairs alone. I extend my hand for her which she doesn't take but instead walks straight past me. "Olivia, all you have to do is hold my hand," I simply say as Liv groans, "Hayden I am not your date, I don't date," Liv clarifies, I've heard that one before.

"Sweetheart, sadly I'm your date," I comment as she releases a sigh, "I know you are, I did try and beg Alex to be my date but he said and I quote— 'you'd kindly beat the crap out of him if he took me.' Then I tried to ask Kian but he had already told Lizzie that she was going with him. So here I am with you." I laugh to myself knowing damn well that's true. Ele and Roma get into the limo joining the others, "stop being dramatic, I know you like me." Liv slides onto the seat next to Ele, "you wish Jones."

I sit in the seat opposite Liv next to Alex, "I know."

The door closes before Liv could have the chance to run, "We'll be at the location in twenty minutes." The driver announces before pressing a button to add the glass screen separating us from him. "Who's ready to party?" Em takes the bottle off me before I could take a sip, "since this is a charity gala, how's the money being raised?" Em asks the group, "let's just say an auction," Kian smiles before taking a swig from the bottle, "and what's being auctioned off?" Em curiously asks.

I lean back in my seat, "us."

In 'Playing The Risk' we never saw Roma's pov from getting ready so I hope you enjoyed Hayden's instead.

"I love you."

"The difference? The difference is that I love you, Brooke."

"I'd never let you go again."

They fucking hurt me— should have been endgame, they were my biggest loss from the early 2000s.

~

I'm obsessed with their angst. Everyone gives Liv a lot of hate, especially during the halfway mark of Playing The Risk, but I love her, and she deserves everything.  Remember to vote and comment, please.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed it. Feel free to follow my Instagram if you want to message me or get updates on the upcoming chapters. /multiverseeditsx

<3

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

I Hate Football Players 2 | 18+ (under editing) still_just_me

Подростковая литература

790K 1K 4
Finding relationships is easy... Keeping them is the real game. That's what I'm learning in my first one. It's not easy. Our rival schools are an hou...
362K 7.9K 69
BOOK FOUR in The WSU Series Elizabeth Young - I've always wanted the star-crossed lovers type of relationship - who knew I would actually get it? The...
Connecting Souls ixmmyxx

Любовные романы

27.6K 273 50
They were from different worlds. One being a world of imagination the other being very much physical. Maya was an aspiring artist, moving across...
3M 77.3K 71
COMPLETED Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxious football players, and a girl who never wanted to be there in th...