JI HUZOORI | ✔

By Sonali_nefelibata

AN ENGLISH NOVEL! ✨An Endearing Adherence!!!✨ #1 in doctor (out of 26K stories) #1 in husband (out of 11.4K s... More

🌠PRELUDE🌠
🌠BEFORE YOU PROCEED!🌠
🌠WALL OF MOODBOARDS🌠
✨CHAPTER 1✨
✨CHAPTER 2✨
✨CHAPTER 3✨
✨CHAPTER 4✨
✨CHAPTER 5✨
✨CHAPTER 6✨
✨CHAPTER 7✨
✨CHAPTER 8✨
🌠SURPRISE🌠
✨CHAPTER 9✨
✨CHAPTER 10✨
✨CHAPTER 11✨
✨CHAPTER 12✨
✨CHAPTER 13✨
✨CHAPTER 14✨
✨CHAPTER 15✨
✨CHAPTER 16✨
✨CHAPTER 17✨
✨CHAPTER 18✨
✨CHAPTER 19✨
✨CHAPTER 20✨
✨CHAPTER 21✨
✨CHAPTER 22✨
✨CHAPTER 23✨
✨CHAPTER 24✨
✨CHAPTER 25✨
✨CHAPTER 26✨
✨CHAPTER 28✨
✨CHAPTER 29✨
✨CHAPTER 30✨
✨CHAPTER 31✨
✨CHAPTER 32✨
✨CHAPTER 33✨
✨CHAPTER 34✨
✨CHAPTER 35✨
✨CHAPTER 36✨
✨CHAPTER 37✨
✨CHAPTER 38✨
NOTIFYING!!!
MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!
✨CHAPTER 39✨
❤️LET'S TITTLE-TATTLE❤️
✨CHAPTER 40✨
✨CHAPTER 41✨
✨CHAPTER 42✨
✨CHAPTER 43✨
✨CHAPTER 44✨
✨CHAPTER 45✨
✨CHAPTER 46✨
✨CHAPTER 47✨
✨CHAPTER 48✨
✨CHAPTER 49✨
✨ LET'S CHAT!✨
✨CHAPTER 50✨
✨CHAPTER 51✨
✨CHAPTER 52✨
✨ CHAPTER 53✨ + Very Important, Kindly See!
✨CHAPTER 54✨
✨CHAPTER 55✨
✨CHAPTER 56✨
✨CHAPTER 57✨
✨CHAPTER 58✨
✨CHAPTER 59✨
GRATITUDE & REVIEWS
✨CHAPTER 60✨
✨CHAPTER 61✨
✨CHAPTER 62✨
✨CHAPTER 63✨
✨CHAPTER 64✨
✨CHAPTER 65✨
✨CHAPTER 66✨
✨CHAPTER 67✨
✨CHAPTER 68✨
✨CHAPTER 69✨
🌠Au revoir Super Soon!🌠
✨CHAPTER 70✨
UNTIL NEXT UPDATE!
✨CHAPTER 71✨
✨CHAPTER 72✨
✨CHAPTER 73✨
✨CHAPTER 74✨
✨CHAPTER 75✨
✨CHAPTER 76✨
✨ 365*2 ✨
✨CHAPTER 77✨
✨CHAPTER 78✨
✨CHAPTER 79✨
✨CHAPTER 80✨
NOT AN UPDATE
EPILOGUE~1 (Part-1)
EPILOGUE~1 (Part-2)
EPILOGUE~2.0 (Part-1)
EPILOGUE~2.0 (Part-2)
IN THE SHADOW'S WAKE
✨NEW BOOKS ALERT✨

✨CHAPTER 27✨

5.5K 491 175
By Sonali_nefelibata

Hey guys!

Hope everything's fine and you are doing good.
Please give it a try.

And if you like the story,
please show some love by
voting and commenting
on this chap.

You may begin now.

🏵️⭐🏵️

~~~

This chap is affectionately dedicated to - deekshithareddy28🖤✨

~~~

"We didn't talk about anything heavy or light...... we were just there together.
And that was enough!!!"

It was almost 4 o'clock early in the morning..... pitch darkness and restful stillness was still quite evident all around. Weightless airy drops of cloudburst rain were dripping from the sky outside noiselessly yet incessantly; and the way it was drizzling, there seemed no sign of it's pausing any time soon.

Lying on his stomach comfortably, Shaurya was owning a tranquil and restful slumber soundly.
But on the other hand Manjiri was unable to sleep peacefully, being in a daze she was babbling something in her mouth time and again while curling up into a ball at the corner of the bed, completely burying herself in her comforter.

All of a sudden, a violent persistent coughing's noise reached Shaurya's ears which somewhat fetched him out from his deep isolated sleep to a slightly disturbed light sleep. Shuffling a little he flipped to the other side i.e. turning towards his left in a sheer listless and inactive mode.

After calming for a while, Manjiri again started coughing violently. Getting disturbed by the constant low - pitched faint commotion, Shaurya half - consciously looked at her side with his semi - opened orbs. After a few seconds he heard her babbling something gibberish in a very faint tone. At then he sat up and called out her name,

"Manjiri!"

Getting no response from her side, he switched on the side lamps and shuffled a little towards her entirely enveloped form. Pulling off the comforter from her upper frame gently; he right away took a notice of both, her flushing complexioned face and her shaky fast breaths. Reaching out to touch her forehead concerningly, he confirmed that she had an elevated body temperature.

He got up immediately and with a thermometer in hand came back to her. Shaking her hand he tried to wake her up but maybe she was in a delirium therefore she wasn't responding. Lightly tapping her feverish burning cheeks with a bit more strength, he again called her name.
Luckily Manjiri finally unfurled her eyelids partly and gazed at those pair of deep complicated eyes, that were full of concern and careful attention at then. Her eyes were watery bloodshot.

"You're having fever.
Let me first put this thermometer in your mouth and then...... will make you gobble up the medicines accordingly."

Unconscious and insensible Manjiri meekly followed his instructions in dazedness. Soon after gulping the antipyretic and analgesic tablets down her throat, she again closed her eyes to fall asleep but much to her discomfort she once again started coughing violently.

"Ah!"

Letting out a low cry, she oscillated her head in discomposure.

"You feel pain somewhere?"

"I guess my head.... head will burst with this annoying ache and..... and this throat irritation is itself fuelling it more.... and more."

With her eyes still closed, Manjiri almost whined like a small finicky kid.
Soon she was taken up by surprise as she felt the side lamps being switched off at one moment and at next with the feel of Shaurya's fingers gently rubbing her forehead.

He too laid down just next to her with his heavy dozy eyes, he used his one hand to massage her forehead and the other to lightly pat her upper abdominal region in a manner as if coaxing her to sleep.

Shaurya's gentle caresses and compassion, unintentionally but affably warmed Manjiri's heart within few minutes.

"Shaurya!"

Calling out his name softly, she turned towards him in daze.
At then on the spur of the moment, he realized that it was the first time he heard his name from her mouth. So what if she voiced his name probably in delirium..... but the point was she finally took his name. A shade of satisfaction and infatuation ran across his face. Rubbing her back considerately, he asked

"Hmm say?"

"Thank you and sorry!.....
I'm sorry for bothering you."

Hearing her words, Shaurya's movements stiffened a bit. Pausing for a fraction of seconds he faintly hissed

"I'd like to say it's perfectly okay....
But actually it is not!
Mind it if from next time you went to soak in the rain without knowing the status of your immune system, because probably at then you'll be really sorry."

Manjiri pursed her lips and dimly smiled at his outlandish yet doting threat. She quietly leaned in his hold a little bit more and nodded slightly with her eyes still closed against his upper arm. And soon she dozed off soundly and comfortably in his hold.

A while later after confirming that she was asleep, he noiselessly pulled up her comforter and properly covered her with it.

"At times you just need to be held and have your back rubbed until you fall asleep peacefully........
Don't you???"

_

_

_

"There is nothing more satisfying than small gestures of fondness, mixed with a little care.......
And that to especially from a certain special someone!"

When Manjiri woke up, bright sunlight was already seeping inside the room through the balcony's lattice door and room windows.
It seemed that the rain clouds had finally dissipated.

Partly opening her eyes she looked around the room instinctively. The time of the clock hanging on the front wall appeared blurred to her yawny vision. So she turned around to grab her phone from the nightstand, the time displayed 10 : 21 a.m. on the screen, indicating indirectly that she missed her college classes for that day. Then when she noticed that her phone had been switched to airplane mode, she paused for a second and thought about the possibility of who might have done that.... On realizing she threw herself back on her pillow and silently sighed in her heart. Her memory started lingering on the happenings that took place early in the morning, her lips curved up slightly thinking about all that.

"Woke up?
Feeling better now?"

Abruptly the room door opened and Suniti's i.e. her Chhoti Maa's sweet but slightly metallic voice sounded in the room, scaring Manjiri to the point that her body suddenly stiffened.

Manjiri looked up and nodded with a sly smile welcoming Suniti inside the room.
Settling down and examining her daughter - in - law's body temperature with the help of a thermometer, Suniti simpered a little whilst looking at the normal degree of temperature which was flashing on that device.

"Beta I'm glad that at least your damn fever finally subsided.
Now eat something first and make me more relieved....."

As soon as Suniti finished her sentence, just then Adishri stepped inside the room with a tray in hand. Placing the tray which contained a bowl of freshly prepared vegetable porridge on the bedside table; Adishri surveyed her little sister's pale face and forehead with her palm

"Miru how do you feel right now?
Are you feeling any ache anywhere? And why didn't you inform anybody when you weren't feeling unwell from last night?
Huh?"

Suniti smiled at Adishri's immense adoration and concern for her younger sister, she interrupted her assuring

"She is now ok Shri....
Don't be worried, now sit and first make her eat the porridge.
See how her face seemed to have no vitality at all."

"No Maa not now......
I'll eat it after taking a shower cause this smell of feverish sweat is making me more sick."

Came the voice of Manjiri who looked depressed and dispirited after sniffing her own clothes. To which Suniti replied appeasingly

"Thank God!
When you said 'no' at first I thought that just like Shaurya you also dislike porridge....."

"No Chhoti Maa,
Miru is unquestionably okay with it... she isn't a picky eater!"

Adishri simply stated in an swanky manner.

"Its good, and this is how everyone should be.
Unlike this fussy choosy rug - rat who always pretend to have got an allergy with every other thing his mother prepares...."

Suniti said the last sentence while picking and dusting off the invisible dust from Shaurya's photo framed picture, which was been appropriately and illustriously placed on the nightstand near Manjiri's phone.
Keeping that back correctly on it's right place, she turned towards the sisters and added with an amused expression

"Honestly at times his pickiness seems more like a psychological issue rather than a simple matter of preference.... Shaurya really gave me a hard time since the beginning and much to my helplessness, he still gives in terms of his food habits.
He and his crankiness..... I tell you...!"

"True his crankiness literally irks me too every so often!"

Manjiri muttered this remark in a somewhat careless manner under her breath absentmindedly yet implicitly;..... while being entirely oblivious of the fact that whatever she just spoke faintly, was been heard very well by the other two wide eyed ladies who are having an agape expression reasonably pasted on their faces.

This was undeniably an absolute unusual thing for both of them as they knew very nicely that Manjiri was someone who rarely reacts or comments on something..... Therefore they were kind of surprised by her crystal clear and an absolute straightforward opinion on her so called 'fussy', 'cranky' and most importantly 'irky' husband.

When Manjiri's eyes came across with their open - mouthed and mischievous expressions, she mentally gasped when she realized what she just said. Pursing her lips in order to conceal her embarrassed shy sheepish guised expression, she right away climbed down the bed and slipped away to the washroom stating

"I almost forgot that I gotta take a shower...."

Both Suniti and Adishri let out a low chuckle at her sudden swift laughable departure.

Day by day Adishri's guilt was leisurely taking the edge off little by little, as she started taking a notice of her Miru's growing involvement with their Dadi's chosen life companion for her. Though she never mistrusted Shaurya as she was always certain with the fact that he truly was a man of his words and he will never prove to be a wrong choice, but still...... she consistently had an uncertainty on her sister's adjustment and acceptance.
However, at that moment a tinge of felicity and ease started surfacing in her heart. She too felt a hope surge awakening within her.

Suddenly at then she remembered what she and Ved reminded each other on the day of Shaurya - Manjiri's wedding that -
'Everything happens for a reason!'

"Hope is the magic that keeps us going forward............"

_

_

_

"Although I hate waiting.......
But if it's waiting for you, then no matter what I'll anyhow wait!"

When we eagerly wait for someone or something, it clearly indicates it's sheer importance in our life.... We slightly feel discontented with the fact of it's unavailability at that point, hence as a result we feel-
Empty!!!......
Hollow!!!......
Depleted!!!......
This emptiness happily takes up our whole attention, by which our mind constantly mocks us to fill that emptiness at the earliest......
And helpless we?
We can't do anything but relentlessly craving for it.

Manjiri too was relatively feeling the same way up to a point.

But no sooner did she see him setting his foot inside the room and approaching then she immediately felt her mood improve as if there's a switch that has been flicked by him.

"What took you so long to return?"

Manjiri overtly yet simplistically quizzed Shaurya who was hanging his white coat inside his wardrobe.
He paused for a fraction of second not sure he heard her right then.

"Pardon?"

"I mean generally you come home by 5 o'clock....
Then why so late today?"

Manjiri immediately tried to rephrase her question with a precise clarification.
Shaurya was about to answer her question absently but abruptly a question roam across his mind, so he questioned her back with a tease of playfulness

"Well actually today.....
Wait what?
Did you really give a damn about me?"

"Umm! I... I was only wondering where you got stuck....
Nothing more than that!"

Twitching nervously Manjiri masked her real concern instantly with a fake casual justification.
Contrastingly on the other hand Shaurya was really enjoying her this blushful panicky explanations. He wanted to friskily probe her more but much to his displeasure, their mushy longing conversation was disrupted by none other than Dev's throat clearing sound.

"Hey!
Can I get in?"

"No!
Your presence is prohibited in my room.
So you just leave right away!"

Shaurya dismissively addressed Dev's appeal. To which Dev forced a grin and countered back

"Oh come on Bhai!
By the way I didn't ask you, I asked Miru Bhabhi.
So you just hush up for a while!"

Manjiri mentally rolled her eyes on both the brother's childish banter. These wisecracks of all three Mohan brothers were the things, which were inadvertently included in the daily household routine of the Mohan Villa.
Handling the matter she asked Dev to enter

"Bhaiya you're not supposed to take anybody's permission to enter here....
You always can!"

Dev royally stepped in further whilst raising his collarless sky blue T - shirt's invisible collars amidst mocking a teasful glare at Shaurya.
On the other hand Shaurya just shook his head at his brother's overly - dramatic act and started arranging few report files on his desk.

Dev walked towards Manjiri and sat on the edge of the bed next to her. He revealed two Plumeria flowers from his track pant's pocket and handed over to her stating

"I hopefully muse that this might help in raising my dear ailing person's spirits."

Manjiri giggled taking both of the flowers from his hand and whiffed their mesmerizing fragrance cheerfully.
Shaurya was already not acknowledging Dev's presence in his room and on top of that his excessively honey - coated words and deeds were infuriating him more.

"You plucked them up from the garden.... Right?
Wait lemme inform this to Dadi!"

"Is that jealousy and haplessness I hear in your voice Bhai?"

Dev responded to Shaurya's exasperation filled words.
To which Shaurya casually remarked still arranging his papers

"What nonsense!"

"You know na Bhabhi how busy I was today.... Therefore I didn't get time to get you a proper bouquet."

Completely ignoring Shaurya's remark and exasperation, Dev clarified to Manjiri

"Yes I figured it Bhaiya and many thanks for this sweet gesture."

Manjiri expressed her acknowledgement to Dev whilst simpering from ear to ear

"Both of you, after this giving - taking, whiffing - thanking and all.....
Make sure to dust off the garden soil from my bed otherwise consequences might not be favourable....
Especially for you Dev!"

Shaurya warned as he was already on the edge by now, therefore he decided to take no notice of all the nuisance around and moved to the washroom picking up his usual regular clothes.
His real motive was to threat but on the contrary he left the other two in splits.

"Here they go again........
He with his complicated gestures!
&
She with her second thoughts!"

~~~

This is it for now. Hope you liked it. I am sorry for the mistakes.

In case if you want to share your views or suggest something, you are more than welcome.

My sincere request to all the SILENT READERS - Do vote this chap.

Till then take care and stay connected.

Love ♥️✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 2.3K 21
All she believed is love and all she wanted was a married life with the person who loved her. Ended up getting married to a person, she loved, and ca...
1.3M 50.7K 51
~Won in the Romance Category in Wattpad South Asia Awards 2021~ • Adira Singhania, 24 year old famous psychologist in Mumbai. Being completed her PhD...
284K 11K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
10.1M 563K 64
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗬𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗬𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜...