"Insecurites Be Damned"

By KyokaJiroChan

"Never give up, no matter how much the world decides to keep punching you down. Keep getting up, you can neve... More

"Haruka Mirai"
"Kaikai Kitan"
"Eien Ni Hikare"
"Hana Ga Saku Michi"
"Aoi Honoo"
"Amazing Dreams"
"Gamushara"
"Gamushara V2" (Devil's Incarnation)
"Rōringusutā"
"~Asterisk~"
"Rakugaki Peiji"
"JUSTadICE"
"JUSTadICE V2"
"JUSTadICE V3"
"JUSTadICE V4"
"JUSTadICE V5"
"Black Rover"
"『four』"
"Veil"
"Zankyousanka"

"Jujutusu Kaisen"

2.5K 46 35
By KyokaJiroChan

It has been known that all men are created equal ,but in a world now filled with superhuman powers called "quirks". 80% of the population gain these quirks at the age of 4 and the other 20% aren't born with any. That saying has become more real than ever .For one boy ,the saying became very much untrue to him.

He wasn't born with a quirk despite his mother having a weak telekinesis and his father being able to breathe fire from his mouth like a dragon. It hurt the poor boy as he wanted to be a hero just like his Idol, the current number one hero in japan... All Might.

The boy was bullied and beaten everyday when his friends in preschool found out he was quirkless. This was mostly by his best friend turned tormentor Katsuki Bakugou. Katsuki was blessed with a quirk that turned his sweat into a nitroglycerin like substance that he can ignite on command to make an explosion.

When his quirk manifested he was praised by everyone, this led him to believe he was the best and he was undefeatable. This caused him to gain a superiority complex, this even made him begin to torment the boy. Hell, he even gave him a nickname to remind him how useless he was.

"Deku"

A wooden doll.

Incapable of anything...

...Useless.

The name originated from a misspelling of the kanji in his name.

This boy's real name was Izuku Midoriya. The quirkless nobody as many others call him, but despite all that, he still dreams big on becoming the number one hero even if it meant he had to do it quirkless. He will prove everyone wrong. He will prove that quirkless doesn't mean helpless. He's hoping that he can show that today in class at his junior high school, Aldrea Junior High.

"Alright, I'm supposed to be giving you bunch of fools a career plan today. This is so we can find out what exactly you are going to do with your pathetic lives" The teacher that teaches Izuku's class said, with a bunch of papers on his desk. "But why bother?!" He shouted out, snatching up the paper in a rapid motion. He then tossed the papers in the air and they drifted to the ground. "I know you guys all want to go to the hero track!"

Everyone began to cheer, childishly flashing their quirks except for two people. Izuku who was sheepishly cowering in his desk and a certain ash-blonde.

"Alright Alright." the teacher said. "Settle down, I know all have amazing quirks, but you know the rule. You aren't allowed to use them in school."

"Oi teach!" The ash blonde known as Katsuki Bakugou, Izuku's tormentor, the most popular kid in aldrea, the one everyone here thinks will be the next number 1, shouted out. "Don't compare me to these bunch of losers, they will be lucky if they made it as some D-lister sidekick!" He insulted basically everyone in the classroom. Something Izuku was very much already used to, besides he couldn't stop him if he wanted to. He would just get beat up.

"You lookin down on us Katsuki!" One of the students shouted as they all were screeching at the cocky spiky haired boy.

He spitakes. "PFFFFFFT-! Bring it! I'll take you all on!"

"Hm, Bakugou it seems here you are applying to U.A." The teacher said and everyone gasped. There were murmurs going around the classroom, many of which are murmurs of surprise and shock.

"U.A? Is he for real?"

"That's the best hero school in japan."

"Dude, that school has a 0.2% acceptance rate, there is no way he will get in."

"But this is Katsuki we are talking about."

"Yeah that's right!" The angry ash-blonde shouted as he jumped on his desk. "I'm going to rise up to be the next number one hero! I'll be the best and richest hero of all time! And it all starts with U.A hi-"

"Hey Midoriya, it also says here you also decided to apply."

"Huh-?!"

'Oh no...' Izuku thought as he shrunk into his seat. If there was any time he needed an invisibility or perception blocking quirk...now is when he needed it. All he got were the looks of disgust from everyone in the room.

Then...One spitake was heard...

Then the entire room erupted with laughter, taunting the green haired boy.

"Hahaha! Midoriya?! You gotta be joking!"

"That loser?! He's quirkless! He ain't gonna make it!"

"Why would that quirkless reject even think of applying?!"

"He wouldn't even get past the entrance exams!"

"No, he wouldn't even get past the front gate, they don't allow quirkless in their school!"

"A-Actually.. They g-got rid of that rule. I-..I could be the first one." Izuku stammered on his words and an explosion happened on his desk.

"Dammit Deku! Care to explain you stupid nerd?! What, you think you're better than me you quirkless loser!?" He shouted in the greenettes

"N-no Kaachan.I-I would never-" Izuku didn't get to finish his sentence as another explosion happened on his desk. This was used inorder to shut the damn nerd up.

"No one said you can talk, you idiot!"

"Alright.. That's enough Bakugou. It's too early to want to have to deal with this..." The teacher said and Katsuki scoffed as he went back to his seat.

'...I am so dead.' was the only thought Izuku had at the moment.

.

.

.

It was the end of the school day and Izuku was packing his things as almost everyone was leaving the room.

But of course Katsuki and two of his lackeys wasn't almost nobody because they went over to Izuku and the angry ash-blonde snatched Izuku's notebook. "We aren't done talking yet, Deku." He said as one of his lackeys looked at the book.

"Come on guys...g-give it back."

"Haha, "Hero Analysis For The Future"? Don't tell me you are taking notes on being a hero, you loser." The lackey said before Katsuki blew up the notebook and Izuku screeched seeing his notebook blown up.

Then he threw it out the window.

'..Dammit...'

"Let me give you some advice, Deku." He placed a sparking hand on Izuku's shoulder with a smile on his face. "Don't apply to U.A, or else."

'Yep, gonna leave a mark...'

Katsuki and his lackeys then began walking out of the room. Right before they left ,Bakugo gave some words to Izuku. "Hey, if you actually want a quirk and use it to be a hero, there might be a way." He then looked at Izuku with a devilish look on his face. "Take a swan dive off the school roof and hope for a quirk in your next life!"

'Did... he just tell me to kill myself? Ok, maybe he is going WAY too far!' Izuku shouted in his mind. He looked back wide eyed as if he wanted to strangle the boy.

Katsuki looked back at the Greenette with a devilish smirk and flashing a bit of his quirk. "There a problem, Deku?"

Then Izuku was left as a scrawny, quirkless, green haired boy trembling in fear. "Thought so." Katsuki left the room and Izuku sighed as he zipped up his school bag.

He walked out of the school and walked down the koi pond outside of the school, which is also where his notebook landed. Now being eaten by the koi in the pond...

"Now look at this... My hopes and dreams have become fish food..." he said, watching the fish eat the book. He put his hand in the water and shooed the fish away. "Go away, that's enough."

He grabbed his book and began walking back home. 'Don't listen to him. All Might wouldn't give up...' He said, walking into a tunnel while laughing courageously like All Might does when he always arrives to save the day. All Might is the strongest hero, he is the symbol of peace, that's why everyone loves him.

All of a sudden a bunch of slime came out of the sewer drain that was in the tunnel. Izuku was frozen in shock as the villain fully emerged. "Hey! You kid! I need to use you as a body bag!"

Who is this guy- no... he is a villain.

The slime quirk person used his quirk on him, trying to take over his body. But first he needed to kill him, so he began suffocating Izuku. Izuku was clawing frantically, trying to escape the villain,

"Come on kid, stop struggling! It won't even hurt."

Everything began to go black and Izuku began to lose his strength. 'Losing consciousness..is this how I die?'

"Thanks, you are a real hero to me kid..."

All of a sudden, the sound of the sewer drain cover flying off rang through the tunnel. "Never fear boy! Now that I am here, that is!"

The slime villain looked to the direction of the sound to see the number 1 hero, All Might. The slime villain shot his arms out at him, but All Might dodged and prepared a punch.

"Texas! Smmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaassssssssh!!!!" He shouted out as he punched the slime villain's hand and the massive gust of wind that tore the slime apart.

"Damn you, All Might!"

Izuku was freed from the villain and the last thing he saw when he passed out was... "A-All Might..."

.

.

.

"Boy! Hey boy, wake up!"  Izuku began to open his eyes to see All Might lightly slapping him in the face. "Ah, you're awake! That's good, I thought we lost you there!"

"A-A-All Might?!" Izuku shouted in shock. He then grabbed his notebook. "H-Hey can you sign my-" His eyes widened as he looked in the open book to see it was already signed. "You signed this already?!" Izuku began bowing in a rapid motion. "Thank you so much All Might! This treasure will be passed down for generations to come!"

"No problem Young..."

"Izuku Midoriya sir! Oh wait, how are you going to..."

"I have already restrained the villain!" He shouted, holding two soda bottles which held the slime villain in them. "Now, I must get this guy to the police! See you around boy!"

"W-Wait-!"

"Nope, hero work cannot wait!" All Might said as he squatted down, getting ready to jump all the way to the police station. He then jumped off with a force so strong that it sent him flying hundreds of feet in the air.

But, something was off. All Might looked back at his feet to see Izuku grabbing onto his leg. "I still have questions to ask you All Might!!!!"

"Woah Woah Woah! I love my fans but this is too much!" He shouted, trying to push Izuku off. "Let go!"

"No way! If I let go I will die!"

"Oh yeah... good point. Just hold on tight and close your eyes and mouth." He said and Izuku obeyed.

They landed on a nearby building and Izuku fell to his knees, white faced. "I just saw my life flash before my eyes..."

"That was a bold and foolish move, young man! Now off I go." All Might said walking off.

"W-Wait."

"Like I said before-"

"Can a quirkless guy like me have any chance at becoming a hero?!" All Might stopped hearing the boy's question. If Izuku was going to say anything... its now. "I'm a boy who was born with no powers whatsoever. No one believes I can do it but I think otherwise. But I still need to know! Can someone as hopeless as me ever be as great as someone like you?!"

All Might looked at the boy and smoke began steaming off of him. "Wait... Crap-!"

POOF

An explosion of steam happened and when it cleared, Izuku didn't see All Might, what he did see was a scrawny blonde man that can be related to a skeleton. "Wh-What? Wh-Where's All Might?! You're not him! Y-You're an imposter! A fake!"

The man groaned. "I can assure you, I am All- BLEH" Blood began pouring out of his mouth. Who is this guy?!

"A-Are you okay?!"

"Yeah..I'm fine." He said as he wiped the blood from his mouth. "Anyways, you know those guys at the pool who suck in their stomachs to make themself look buff? Yea.. I'm like that."

"Whoa really?!" Izuku shouted in shock. The guy he idolizes just... sucks up his stomach to become super powerful? Still makes him his idol though.

"Yeah, anyways you better not spill about this online or to any of your friends. I have been doing my best to keep this a secret from society." He asked the boy. Izuku nodded in rapid motion. Not like he had anyone to spill it to to begin with...

"I won't tell a soul."

All Might lifted up his shirt to reveal a nasty scar. "Pretty nasty huh? Got this from a fight ten years back, lost my whole stomach. Now I'm only able to do hero work for only 3 hours a day."

"Wow...ten years back? Was it the fight against Toxic Chainsaw then?" Izuku questioned, surprising the hero.

"Wow you really know your stuff, huh? That guy landed some good hits but nah. He didn't do this. Most of society doesn't know about this fight and I plan to keep it that way."

"You have my absolute trust ,All Might." Izuku said, reassuring the no.1 hero his secret is safe.

"Glad to hear that. Now... regarding your question from earlier. I never heard of a quirkless hero before, but... I do believe it is possible if you just dig deep and push past your limits. Don't get your hopes up kid, the possibility is still damn near impossible."

Izuku began tearing up. He knew it... He knew it was possible, he just needs to get strong... he just needs to believe in himself and push hard.

All Might stared at the boy as he saw the shadow of himself. Because at one point, he himself was quirkless. He could give this boy his quirk, give him an even better chance of being a hero. But he made a promise to a friend...

One he won't break.

"Now, I'm going to get this villain to the police." All Might said with a chuckle and Izuku looked at the two pockets in his pants.

"H-Hey All Might?"

"Hm?"

"Wh-Where is the villain?"

"What are you talking about, Young Midoriya-" All Might noticed that the two bottles were no longer in his possession. The two stared at each other with the most "Oh shit" face ever.

"..."

"...Shit." Just after the No.1 hero said that, an explosion can be heard around a mile away. "That's not good."All Might said as the two began running down the stairs of the building.

When they got down the stairs they ran toward the direction of the explosion. 'This is shameful... I can't believe I let this happen.' There was a large crowd when they got there. All Might stayed at the back while Izuku went up front.

The greenette's eyes went wide when he saw it was indeed Katsuki Bakugou that the slime villain had captured. There were heroes there. Backdraft was a hydrokinetic, but he was too busy saving people and putting out the fire. Mt.Lady was also on the scene, but the street was too small for her to get through since her quirk was "Gigantification", which makes her a giant. Finally, Kamui Woods but his quirk was useless against this since he is basically made of wood so the fires would burn him up.

But, Although Katsuki tormented him all this time. Izuku rushed in without a second thought, knowing that the heroes couldn't do anything and All Might was at his limit.

"What?! There's a boy rushing in!"

"Hey stop! Get the hell out of there!"

Izuku continued to run, he took off his book bag and threw it open. While all his school stuff fell out of the bag, one of the pencils stabbed the villain in the open eye. "Dammit! You again?! I'll kill you brat!" He said as Bakugo activated his quirk again, causing explosions.

"Get the hell off of me!" He shouted.

Izuku was blasted back by the explosion and hit the wall. What did he expect though? He is just a quirkless loser. But so what? All Might said it himself... Although its small, there is still a chance!

"Back away, Deku! I don't need your stupid ass help!"

"No! Because I'm still going to be the number one hero!" Then all of a sudden, the energy around began flashing between the normal and blue. A black mark appeared on Izuku's face and disappeared. Everyone froze as they watched a book with black and red energy around it come out of the ground via some sort of wormhole. The book had a five leaf black clover on the cover but that was it.

"Wh-What is that...?" Izuku said as the book opened, there was language Izuku couldn't even read and a large black sword came out of the book. It stabbed the ground in front of Izuku. "Is this... My quirk?" Izuku said with stars in his eyes.

'What...? I thought he was quirkless. He wasn't lying was he?' All Might thought, but he looked at the boy who seemed more shocked than he was. 'No that couldn't be it. Maybe he is a late bloomer...' He then smirked. 'This kid has a huge chance after all.'

The leaves of a clover all represent something...

The first three represent hope, love and integrity.

The fourth goes to those with good luck or fortune.

And within the fifth...

Izuku grabbed the sword and lifted it out of the ground. The wall behind him held a a large shadow with some sort of long arm and clawed monster.

There lies the devil...

Izuku charged at the villain with the sword. The villain was too shocked to react quick enough and let him get close.

'Dammit, he is too close!' He shouted in his mind. 'That doesn't matter though, my body is made of slime, the sword will pass right through me! Then i will kill this brat-!' His thoughts were interrupted when Izuku slashed at the villain and the slime villain split in half. "H-How!"

Katsuki rolled to the ground and the slime splattered on the ground and the villain passed out. Everyone was silent and shocked. Especially Izuku.

He looked down at his sword. 'Whoa! This is so cool!' The adrenaline finally left his body and he couldn't keep the sword up and the top half hit the ground. 'Whoa! This thing is heavy! I guess I need to start training if I'm gonna lift this up.' He thought as the sword began to vanish and the particles went back into the book. The book then closed and got into Izuku's hands.

"Whoa...Ow!" Izuku shouted as he got decked in the head by another hero who got there when Izuku was running toward the villain.

"That was real stupid kid, you could've gotten yourself killed." he said, not even acknowledging he was the one who defeated the slime villain.

"Hehe...sorry." Izuku then noticed Bakugo was being praised after all the fires were put out. Of course he was being praised. Izuku then walked off back home.

On his way home, he began looking at his book that appeared from a wormhole in the ground. "The five leaf clover... What does that mean?" He said whilst walking.

"Deku!" Izuku turned around to see Bakugo yelling at him.

"You didn't help me at all you stupid nerd! I was just about to finish him off with an explosion!" He then turned and began stomping away with his hands in his pockets. "You didn't help at all you worthless piece of junk! I don't owe you anything!"

'Ok that was weird.' Izuku said before smiling. He turned around and continued walking 'Now... a training regie-" He was about to turn the corner but then All Might dashed in front of him.

"I am here-!"

POOF

PFFFFT!

All Might poofed out of his muscular form and blood spat out of his mouth. "A-All Might?!" He then realized...he saw the whole thing. "O-Oh i-it's not what i-it looks like!"

"It's fine, kid. I know you were originally quirkless until a few moments ago, congrats on that. Late bloomers happen all the time, you just got lucky." All Might said. "Now that sword and that book is interesting. Seems heavy too, the sword I mean."

"O-Oh! Yeah it is!"

"Well I can help put up a training regimen if you don't mind. Just meet me at Dagobah Beach tomorrow after class." All Might offered and Izuku had stars in his eyes. The number one hero was willing to train him?! Really? No freaking way!

"R-Really? You would do that for me?"

"I mean yea, you didn't have any time at all to get used to your quirk. Part of being a hero means you help anyone in any way you can. You have a strong quirk, although we might not know how it works completely yet, but I'm going to take a wild guess." All Might started having Izuku's complete and utter attention.

"That sword might have the ability to deactivate any quirk on contact. Quirks are a part of someone's genetic DNA, so there is no outside force other than another quirk like Eraserhead, who can disable someone's quirk for a short period of time due to him negating the effects of the DNA. Your quirk works similarly only that the quirk remains cancelled as long as you are touching the person with the sword. It might also be able to negate any emitter like quirks like fire or vines." All Might explained and Izuku had stars in his eyes. "That's only a guess though, I could be wrong. But assuming that it's true, we should name your quirk something related to being able to negate quirks."

"Anti-Mana"

"What?"

"W-Well, it's believed that M-Mana is a term used to describe a s-supernatural power that happens to m-manifest itself with extraordinary phenomena and abilities. Quirkscan somewhatbeinterpretedthesameway,sotechnicallyitworks.Mostlybecausenooneknowshowquirksbecameathingtobeginwithsoitistechicallydescribedassomesortofphenomenon-" Izuku began to mutter up a storm leaving All Might completely confused. He then noticed Izuku's face was getting purple.

"Hey, kid! You gotta breathe at some point!"

"H-Hm? O-Oh!" Izuku took a deep breath and breathed back out. "S-Sorry, bad habit."

"No problem. Now I particularly disagree with your statement, but let's hold out until we can actually find out what it actually does. Like I said, meet me at Dagobah tomorrow." All Might said with a thumbs up.

"Right!"

.

.

.

"Finally." Izuku said as he made it back home. He opened the front door to the sweet smell of Katsudon. "That smells so good!" Izuku said approaching the table... but something felt off.

A black air force aura radiated from behind him as the door shut. "Don't you have some explaining to do on why you are late and make me worry?" Izuku gulped hearing his mother's voice behind him.

'...Oh no...It was a trap.' Izuku looked behind him to see his mother, Inko Midoriya with a serious look on her face. "Th-there was a villain attack so I had to take a detour."

"Oooooooooooh. Apologies." Inko said, scratching the back of her head. "I made Katsudon for dinner. Help yourself Izuku."

"Thanks Mum."

"Oh, there is another thing I decided recently." She said as Izuku sat on the table.

Before beginning to scarf down his Katsudon, Izuku looked at his mother with a raised brow. "Wh-What do you mean mom?" He said, a little confused.

"Oh nothing much, just that you are changing schools soon." There was silence in the room for a good minute, only the sound of Izuku dropping his fork on the table was present.

"...whAT?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 1.5K 27
it's not always good to be smart you see everything wrong with the world and you'll see there is no saving it i dont own mha or art unless said other...
75.6K 2.2K 18
"I'm not giving up... I just don't want to hope for anything anymore." If life is not going on the way you want it to, how will you face it? Cry? Get...
576 24 5
An isolated childhood, a cursed quirk, a life consumed by guilt and regret. What does it mean to live, in a world that never gave you a chance, a wor...
53K 3.5K 55
♡ when hanagaki takemichi unveils his newfound ability, he decides on avoiding one more death. all without knowing the consequences that come from it...