Sister Deborah

Da Samfreddy

Imagine going from this: "Can I kiss you?" Those words reverberated through my ears and sent shivers down my... Altro

EPISODE 1: ACCIDENT.
EPISODE 2: DREAM COMES TRUE.
EPISODE 3: DEEP TROUBLE.
EPISODE 4: A BIG MESS.
EPISODE 5: BABY STEPS.
EPISODE 6: IT IS FINISHED.
EPISODE 7: THE FEAR OF HAKEEM.
EPISODE 8: WEATHER FOR TWO.
EPISODE 9: IMPROMPTU DEPARTURE.
EPISODE 10: WRONG TIMING.
EPISODE 11: CAUGHT RED-HANDED.
EPISODE 13: A SURPRISE.
EPISODE 14: SUSPENSE.
EPISODE 15: WHAT TRUTH?
EPISODE 16: ONE BIG MESS.
EPISODE 17: A MIRACLE.
EPISODE 18: LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.
EPISODE 19: PAYBACK.
EPISODE 20: REFLECTION.
EPISODE 21: CONFRONTATION.
EPISODE 22: EXPOSED.
EPISODE 23: CLIFFHANGER.
EPISODE 24: ONE STEP AHEAD.
EPISODE 25: TWO STEPS, OR WHEELS AHEAD.
EPISODE 25: THE CHASE.
EPISODE 27: NEMESIS.
EPISODE 28: HAPPY ENDING.
AUTHOR'S NOTE.

EPISODE 12: BROKEN LIKE GLASS.

238 80 5
Da Samfreddy

#SISTER_DEBORAH

Author: Samuel Frederick

EPISODE 12: BROKEN LIKE GLASS.

__________

Deborah’s bag dropped from her hand to the floor as she remained rooted to her spot, in shock. She had her avid gaze on the bed where Annabel sat, positioned like a slut.

“Deborah I can explain!” I panicked, frightened, stepping towards her.

“Don’t come any closer.” She pointed at me, taking some steps back. She couldn’t believe her eyes. She couldn’t believe that the guy she’d trusted in could rub her heart in the mud like this. It was too much for her to bear, so she snatched her bag up, took one last glance at me with a tear rolling down her cheek, and then stormed out of the room, banging the door furiously.

I sank in a chair behind me with my hands covering my face, battling with confusion and anger.

“Who was that girl anyway?” Annabel’s voice sliced through my thoughts, aggravating my anger. “I mean, we’ve met before, but who exactly is she to walk in here just like that? ’Cause I sense some chemistry between you both.”

I raised my head with a thick frown and bloodshot eyes, facing her. “It’s like you are mad, abi? Didn’t I tell you to leave this room?”

“I am mad?” She pointed out in a question-like manner. “Wow. Just wow. I don’t blame you. I left my comfort zone and came all the way here to check up on you, yet you have the audacity to insult me, all because of one light-skinned God knows who?”

Annabel crawled off the bed, adjusted her skirt and picked up her bag.

“When you need me, you know where to find me. Rubbish!” She hissed and catwalked out, not without slamming the door, as I’d predicted.

I picked up my phone and dialled Deborah’s number immediately, but as expected, she ignored my calls, so I dialled Timi and Fatai’s lines instead and informed them to return home as soon as possible, and if possible, bring Divine along.

Moments later, my roommates returned home with sheer anxiety obvious from their faces, particularly Fatai. We exchanged pleasantries and I commenced with the main issue, after they’d settled down.

“Where is Divine?”

“Divine no gree come oh.” Fatai responded.

I heaved a sigh and continued, “I am in trouble, as in, in a very deep mess as we speak.”

“What’s the matter?” Timi inquired, concerned.

I explained everything to them in detail. Thereafter, Timi and Fatai shook their heads and exchanged looks of disappointment.

“I never liked that girl from the onset. I never really did.” Timi said with spite. “Annabel or whatever she’s called. I detest her so much, for the way she portrays herself in skimpy clothes all the time. She isn’t someone you should mingle with if you intend to have a healthy relationship with Deborah.”

“And you know how soft and fragile Deborah is,” Fatai chipped in. “She is a reserved, soft-hearted lady that’s particular about her ties with people. She loves you and takes you as her major icon. She holds you in high regard. You should’ve thought twice before doing what you did to hurt her.”

“It’s not my fault, bro. I was lured.” I sighed hard, overwhelmed by guilt, which proved that it was indeed my fault, because I had a choice then. I could’ve fled the temptation like my mind warned me to, but I didn’t, so I chested the blame. “So what is the way forward now?”

“You’ll have to plead with her, make her understand that nothing intimate happened between you and Annabel. Hopefully if she agrees, it’s your luck. And if she doesn’t, well, I don’t know. At least you’ll know you tried.” Timi suggested. “There’s no alternative.”

Just in the tension of the moment, a faint knock came from the door and it opened up as my messiah for that moment walked in defiantly.

“Divine!” Timi and I chorused, amused.

Fatai only smiled as she sat next to him. “I’m glad you could make it. Thank you for coming, dear.”

Divine reciprocated the smile. “It’s my pleasure, babe.”

Curiously looking around, Divine’s facial expression changed to a gruff look. “You guys don’t look too happy. What’s wrong?”

“Divine, we… I need your help.”

“What is it this time, Neche?”

“Do you know where Deborah resides now?”

“No, of course not.” She denied.

“Divine I’m serious, it’s really urgent. Please.” I pleaded, persuasively.

“I am not supposed to tell you this but I will, based on my compassion for you. Deborah stays at her aunt’s place for now. It’s not too far from campus.” She admitted, at last.

“Can you take us there?” Timi asked.

“That’s impossible.”

“Divine please, I’m pleading, at least reconsider on my behalf.” Fatai intervened, holding her hand.

Divine hesitated for a while, exchanging glances with him, before letting out a sigh. “I’ve heard you.”

I smiled at Divine, knowing that she’d just saved the day.

“So when do we leave?”

“Right now, if you wish.” Timi answered, springing to his feet.

Divine nodded, and that settled it.

In less than an hour, we arrived at a secluded estate and hopped out of the cab. Divine led the way and we followed till we got to a small, red gate. She opened the gate and we went inside.

The compound was decent and spacious, and the ground was cemented, except for the small plot for crops and flowers. The house was a bungalow painted in crimson red and brown.

We approached the door and Divine rang the doorbell twice. In a short moment, someone showed up behind the transparent glass on the door and opened up. She was a teenager.

The moment she opened the door, a smile crept upon her face and she screamed and hugged Divine excitedly.

“Good afternoon, Aunty Dee!”

“Afternoon, dear. How’re you doing?” Divine exclaimed, pulling out from the hug. “You’ve grown so big!”

The teenage girl laughed. “You too, Aunty Dee. I’ve missed you so much!”

“I missed you too, dear. Is your aunt in?”

“Sister Debby?”

“Yes, is she in?”

“Of course, she is. Why don’t you come in?” She said, making gestures at the door.

“No, just tell her I’m here with visitors.”

“Okay,” she said, greeted us and went back inside.

My heart started pounding hard in my chest. Timi noticed how nervous I was and patted my shoulder, giving me some calmness.

After a while, the door opened again and the teenage girl showed up with a pale-looking, sore-faced Deborah. Her eyes were reddish and dim and her face was pale, like she’d been crying a lot.

Divine looked horrified at the sight of Deborah, who seemed like a complete shadow of herself.

“Babe what’s wrong? Have you been crying? What happened?” Divine approached her and placed an arm around her shoulder, but Deborah ignored that with her gaze on me.

“What are you doing here?” her voice cracked, broken by my betrayal, shredded by my disloyalty. I could feel the pain she was feeling through the effect of her tone, and I wished I could end it, because seeing her in that state tore me apart. But who put her there in the first place?

“What is he doing here?” Deborah rephrased, facing Divine. “I don’t want to see his horrible face!”

I tried getting closer to hold her hand.

“Don’t you dare touch me! Animal!” She lashed out, snapping her hand away.

“Debbie let me explain. It’s not what you think. You misunderstood what you saw. Please, I can explain.” I tried to take her hand again, but the next thing I knew, an unexpected slap instantly wiped across my face. I staggered back with plain shock, holding my left cheek with wide eyes.

“I told you not to dare touch me. You ungrateful thing!” She spat at me and pointed at the gate. “Leave this place now.”

“Deborah it hasn’t gotten to that. Please. Please calm down.” Timi interceded, but Deborah seemed unmoving.

“I won’t repeat myself. With all due respect, please tell your friend to leave this compound before I lose my temper!”

She sounded extremely serious about it. She had no ounce of fallacy from her tone but I still wasn’t willing to give up so easily. I attempted the same thing one more time but this time around, she dodged my touch and backed away, and then stormed back into the house, furiously. Divine went after her, followed by her cousin.

Before I knew it, the door slammed open again and almost immediately, a full bucket of water rained on me, drenching me all over, head to toe. I was petrified, standing there, soaked like a sponge, staring at Deborah’s angry eyes.

“Leave this compound! Are you deaf?” She screamed at the top of her voice and flung the bucket at me, but it landed on the concrete ground instead and cracked.

“Guy let’s leave here o! I don’t want any trouble today,” Fatai held my hand and dragged me away. I hesitated at first but Timi pushed me forward—which seemed to be the only thing he was good at doing. But this time for the better.

And with one last straight glance at Deborah, I exited the compound, broken like glass.

That wasn’t the Deborah I knew.

That wasn’t the same Deborah I loved.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

70.3K 1.8K 38
๐“Š๐“‹ผ๐“Š๐“‹ผ๐“Š "What?" I ask. He brings his hand to my face. His fingertips brush my lips. "What would you do," he says, "If I kissed you right now?" ...
9.5K 2.4K 38
"I want us to take an oath." "'An oath?!'" I quoted, plainly beyond shocked. He nodded affirmatively. "But why? What for?" "I want to be assured that...
457 90 13
A story of college student and highschool student... "why did you come back?" ~ Aadhya asked him "for you" ~ He said back looking at her __________...
15.1K 1.1K 34
"What's wrong with you?" I asked, finally tired with his annoying stares. "What's your deal with Lucas?" He asked back, gritting his teeth. Geez what...