Mask || BTS Demon!AU

By ACupOfTae136

"You can't do this," Yoongi said through gritted teeth. His muscles were aching and he wished to smash the de... More

Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~

~9~

79 10 6
By ACupOfTae136

Taehyung had woken Yoongi up around seven in the morning. Somehow, Yoongi had slept for hours until the nightmares had started. And that, even though it had seemed like his entire night's rest was filled with nightmares and had only lasted for a minute or ten.

It meant, however, that the next day had already begun and that Yoongi had to go to the doctor's appointment to talk about his possible mental illnesses – and that, even though he was certain by now that he wasn't hallucinating. Taehyung had seen the whole ass demon trying to kill Yoongi and Jimin had seen yellow eyes and believed him fully.

Yoongi was too tired to think about solutions to this problem. He had no idea how to fix this, how to stay safe from the demon, or even how to keep his friends safe from that horrid creature.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to," Jimin said when Yoongi walked into the living room, his jacket already on, backpack hanging over his shoulder, and keys of the car in his hand.

"What are you talking about?" Jin said, walking past the two of them with a plate of food and sitting down on one of the couches. "He's supposed to go there to rule out any mental illnesses. Isn't it good to know you don't have something?"

Yoongi just grimaced, but Jimin looked at Jin with a slightly angry frown. "Hyung, just because you and Hobi-hyung and Namjoon-hyung and Jungkook-ah don't believe what we're saying—"

"Yeah, so everyone besides the two weirdos of the group, of whom one believes in guardian angels, hmhm." Jin snorted.

"—doesn't mean it's not true." Jimin continued, his frown deepening. "Taehyung said he saw the demon. The exact thing Yoongi-hyung is seeing. How could that happen if hyung is hallucinating?"

"We've had this conversation an hour ago." Yoongi sighed, putting a hand on Jimin's shoulder and lowering his voice. "Really, I appreciate it, Jimin-ah, but it's not going to work. I'll just go to the appointment, get proof that I'm not crazy, and then maybe they'll be more open to the idea of the supernatural. You take care of Taehyung, alright? He was really scared."

Jimin nodded, the worry for his best friend replacing the frown that was directed at Jin. He went to Taehyung's room without a second thought, leaving Yoongi in the living room with Jin.

"I'll be at the dance practice in the afternoon," Yoongi said to the elder.

Jin nodded. "Yeah, that's fine. Stay safe, alright? And call us when you leave there, so we know you're on the way."

Yoongi smiled and nodded. "Yes, hyung."

He left the dorm building and took the car to the doctor's office, all the while thinking about keeping his eyes on the road, eyes on the road...eyes on the road...

He had become a little tense while driving, which was probably a side-effect of having a demon haunt you everywhere you go. He would feel anxious, but somehow that would also make him hyper-aware of his surroundings and he even drove more safely than before. Weird how that worked out.

Yoongi wasn't looking forward to the appointment, but Jin did have a point. It was good to find out he didn't have schizophrenia, right? Even if he knew everything that was going on was real, it was good to rule out any mental illnesses that could make things worse.

He pulled up to the parking lot near the doctor's office and parked carefully. He looked at his phone for a moment, seeing encouraging messages from the members in the group chat. Yoongi typed a quick 'I'm at the doctor's office, thanks guys' before putting his phone in his pocket and inhaling and exhaling slowly to calm his nerves.

"I got this." He mumbled to himself. "I'm not sick. I'll prove it."

He reached for the door handle and pulled it to open the door, but it didn't budge. Did he accidentally lock the car already? He chuckled at himself and pressed the unlock button, but he didn't hear the familiar clicking sound that signaled the doors had opened.

"Weird." He chuckled again, though a little nervous.

He pulled the door handle again, but it wouldn't budge.

"Seriously? Right when I have an appointment this car is breaking down?" he sighed, shaking the door handle more and more before letting out a frustrated sound and punching the door agitatedly.

He moved his hand to grab his phone from his pocket again, but a chilly breeze made shivers run down his spine. He knew that feeling.

No...

Not now...

Please no...

He cursed under his breath and turned around in his seat, checking the seats behind him. He couldn't see anything. No scary demon, no bright yellow eyes or sharp-toothed grin.

Yoongi nearly had a heart attack when someone loudly knocked on his window. He grabbed the sides of his seat in surprise, before looking to his left and seeing an unfamiliar man. After a few more seconds, he realized it was a police officer.

"Can I help you?" Yoongi called through the window, but the man gestured that he couldn't hear him, so Yoongi rolled down the window. "Hi, can I help you?" he asked again.

"I need you to step out of the car." The officer said.

Yoongi tilted his head in confusion. "Is there a problem? I thought I was allowed to park here, I'm sorry if I'm not—"

"Step out of the car, sir." The officer repeated firmly.

Yoongi nodded. "I-I would sir, but my door is jammed, I can't seem to unlock it."

"Try it."

Yoongi was confused about the situation, but did as he was told. He didn't want to have an argument with a police officer, didn't want to get into trouble. He had a reputation to keep as an idol.

He pulled the door handle again, and it opened. Of fucking course it opened. He had made a fool of himself in front of a police officer and on top of that, he now seemed untrustworthy.

"I-I guess it works again." He mumbled as he opened the door and stepped out of the car.

The moment he got out of the car, he was spun around and pressed against it face-first. The officer firmly held his hands behind his back and clicked handcuffs around them. Yoongi was quick to panic.

"W-W-What is going on?!!? Wh- let go! What are you doing?! I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Shut up." The officer spat.

"Excuse me?!! Sir, please, I don't understand, what did I do?!"

"Shut up." The officer bit at him again, now holding his wrists with one hand and the back of his neck with the other.

Yoongi stilled. Not because the officer had told him to shut up. Yoongi put one and two together when he heard that voice. It was all too familiar, even if it came from an unfamiliar man.

"It's you..." he breathed out. "How...what's...going on?"

"Happy to see me again, Yoongi?"

Yoongi struggled against the strong officer- demon. He had been fully taken by surprise, there had been nothing he could do as he so innocently stepped out of his car. He hadn't seen it coming, not at all on his way to the doctor's appointment.

Maybe he should've seen it coming...it was the first time in a while he'd been alone during the day.

The bodysnatcher tightened his grip on Yoongi's neck and pulled him away from the car.

"What are you doing?" Yoongi asked through gritted teeth as he kept struggling.

"Just switching vehicles." The demon chuckled.

Yoongi huffed. "Someone's gonna see us soon. It's daytime, and I'm not wearing a mask. As soon as someone recognizes me they'll—"

"Think you're another one of those puny idols being arrested for drugs. It'll make the headlines, I'm sure." The demon chuckled again. "But don't worry, my dear Yoongi, no one will see us."

Nobody saw them indeed, because Yoongi was soon shoved into the police car the officer had probably parked nearby (before the demon took over...). The demon sat down behind the wheel and locked the doors with the press of a button. It was grinning, but now that it was inside a human body, the grin didn't look as scary. No sharp teeth, not impossibly wide. Still, it made Yoongi very uncomfortable.

"I didn't know demons could drive." Yoongi snapped with a glare.

The demon laughed, a sound close to cackling. It turned around in the seat to look at Yoongi and said with a grin; "They can't."

Yoongi's eyes widened and within the next second, the car tires screeched and they were racing across the street, the car swaying from side to side.

"AHHH STOP THE CAR, STOP! AHHH!" Yoongi screamed. He didn't have his seatbelt on – he couldn't exactly do that with his hands cuffed behind his back – so he was being thrown around the backseat with nothing to hold on to.

The demon screamed in delight. It sounded like it was having the time of its life driving like a maniac through the streets of Seoul.

"You're going to kill us if you keep driving like this!!" Yoongi shouted just as he was flung to the left side of the car, barely keeping his head from hitting the window.

"I can't die, I've got nothing to fear." The demon laughed with a crazy look in its eyes.

The car took a sharp turn to the right again and Yoongi this time did hit his head against the window. He let out a pained grunt and closed his eyes for a second, hissing at the thumping pain. He was glad he didn't hit it hard enough to be knocked out, though. He wouldn't want to be unconscious in a car while a fearless demon was driving.

Well, he wouldn't want to be unconscious in a car at all.

Cars honked all around them and Yoongi was sure that the demon wasn't paying attention to any of the traffic lights or even the right lanes to drive on.

"Please stop the car, or let me drive, seriously anything but this madness!"

The demon didn't listen, only stepped the gas pedal harder, the sudden speed-up throwing Yoongi back in his seat.

"Oh! These lights must mean something...oh well."

Yoongi peered at the lights on the dashboard screens and his eyes widened.

"There's a problem with the engine, you need to stop the car, it could explode if you keep going like this!"

"Oh~ you know a lot about cars. Smart little Yoongi~."

"That's basic knowledge," Yoongi mumbled, totally in disbelief about how this demon dared to drive a car with zero knowledge besides knowing what a gas pedal and steering wheel are.

With more tire-screeching, the car suddenly stopped to a halt.

Ah, okay, he knows what the brakes are too, Yoongi thought in both relief and shock at the sudden stop. He saw that smoke was coming from the car and he gulped. 

"We have arrived~."

Yoongi looked around. They seemed to be in some part of the suburbs of Seoul. He definitely didn't recognize any of it.

The demon in the guise of a police officer stepped out of the police car and opened the door to where Yoongi was sitting, grabbing the boy by his shirt and pulling him out of the car.

"Yah, yah, yah, what are you doing?" Yoongi said in panic.

"We're just...going for a walk." The demon replied with a grin.

Perhaps it was supposed to look like an innocent grin, but to Yoongi it looked like the most ominous sign he could imagine. They were going for a walk...that probably meant the end of him.

Sure enough, Yoongi was pushed to a nearby tunnel. Just a small tunnel for pedestrians and bicycles, nothing too dark but also not really a crowded space Yoongi would get noticed in.

"You gotta let go of me, I'll fucking scream you evil—"

"Ohh, go ahead and scream, Yoongi. It's a wonderful sound you make...see what happens if you scream..."

Yoongi was a little disheartened by that. It was as if the demon wouldn't mind him attracting attention. They reached the tunnel and Yoongi desperately looked around for any passersby. No one yet...

The demon pushed him to a door in the tunnel. Yoongi thought it was an emergency exit at first, but when he looked better it seemed to be an 'authorized personnel only' door that most likely led to a room with everything that controlled the electricity and lighting in and around the tunnel.

"What are you doing?" Yoongi hissed as the demon stopped to scratch its arm.

"Temporary bodies are so...itchy...annoying...ugh, I hate it."

Yoongi could only half look at the demon by turning his head around as far as he could, but he did and boy did he glare at the demon.

"What did you say?"

"Temporary bodies are itchy!" the demon growled back loudly.

Yoongi flinched at its voice, but dared to ask anyway. "Temporary?"

"I'll tell you soon enough, Yoongi~." The demon chuckled. Damn, the bipolarity of the creature was unnerving. It opened the door almost magically; Yoongi definitely didn't see it use a key. Had the demon been responsible for locking him in his car? And...therefore keeping him there long enough...to get a police officer's body...

"No time for talking." The demon snapped. Yoongi saw how it was looking to the left and Yoongi's eyes widened when he saw someone on a bicycle in the distance. This was his chance, he just had to make noise, scream, anything to gain their attention and-

"Woah!" Yoongi let out when the demon pushed him inside, making him stumble and almost trip over his own feet. Everything was dark, so he had no idea where he was being pushed to. When the metal door clanged closed behind him, Yoongi felt his heart drop to his stomach. There really was no chance of attracting anyone's attention now. He was trapped.

"Shit." He cursed softly. His eyes tried to adjust to the darkness, but it was hardly working. He could make out some electricity panels by the tiny lights on them, but that was about it. Besides, he wasn't being held anymore by the police officer- ehh, demon. Yoongi turned around, but it was almost as if...

Some light went on, the room turning too bright for Yoongi's eyes as they had been trying to adjust to the dark room. He squinted them and peered through them to find out where his attacker was.

"Oh shit—" he gasped, when he saw the demon on the ground. Or well...he wasn't sure if it was the demon anymore. It seemed like it was just a body. A police officer's body, lying lifelessly on the floor. Yoongi squatted next to the officer, but since his hands were cuffed behind his back, he couldn't check for a pulse. However, he couldn't really see the officer's chest rise and fall, which already told him a lot...

"He's dead."

Yoongi gasped again, clumsily falling on his butt as the demon stood behind him, in its complete demon form. "You killed him?" he asked in disbelief. He wanted to throw up, couldn't register that there was a dead person right in front of him.

"Temporary bodies die so easily. It's the reason I had to be quick, my dear Yoongi. And also the reason why you are here."

"If you were going to take my body, you would've done it already. You had many chances." Yoongi said begrudgingly. "Why did you bring me here? What do you want from me?!"

Yoongi was swiftly picked up from the floor as the demon grabbed him by the throat with its long arms and pinned him to the wall. His arms were pressed painfully between his back and the wall and he feared his shoulders were going to pop if this demon pressed him to the wall any harder.

"You're not just a temporary body, Yoongi. I can take anyone for a temporary body in their moment of weakness. You are a little more...long-term, so to say."

"W-What? What does that...even mean?" Yoongi asked with difficulty.

"Oh, you will find out soon enough~. First things first, though..."

Yoongi's struggling increased tenfold when the demon tightened its grip on his throat. He wasn't going to kill Yoongi...he wasn't going to choke him...he was going to make him pass out and do god-knows-what.

"N-No...n—"

"Sweet dreams, Yoongi."

Yoongi couldn't fight it any longer. He couldn't breathe. It had been mere seconds, but he could only give in to the darkness in his vision.

He knew he wasn't going to die yet, but still...he was terrified.

He was terrified, because who knew what was going to happen next?

Who knew where he would wake up?

-----------------

He was running. Running as fast as he could, not looking back. He had to go faster, run faster, run...RUN!

"Hyung, help!!"

"Hyung!"

"Where are you, Yoongi?!"

Yoongi could hear all their voices, all his friends calling for him. They sounded desperate and they were definitely in danger.

"I'm coming for you, just hold on!" Yoongi yelled back.

He was running through the darkness. There was nothing here, nothing that told him anything about where he was. Just pitch black darkness all around him. The only thing that gave him some sort of sense of direction were the voices of his friends coming from straight ahead of him.

Yoongi heard them screaming now. Not screaming his name, not screaming for help, but full-on screaming in terror.

"Don't hurt them! Wait! I'm coming for you guys! STOP!"

His voice wouldn't reach them, would it? Yoongi just had to keep running, keep running, keep running...

The painful sound of Taehyung screaming filled Yoongi's ears and he had to blink tears away. He had never heard Taehyung make that sound before. It was absolutely horrifying and heartbreaking at the same time.

"Taehyung-ah!"

Yoongi's eyes snapped open at his own screaming. He was panting and even though his eyes were wide open, he couldn't see a thing. It was dark in here too, wherever he was. He was sure it was no longer the electricity space in the tunnel. That must've been a temporary hide-out.

Yoongi tried moving, but found his wrists not only still cuffed, but also locked around a pole of some sort.

"Shit..." he mumbled to himself, still panting because he was nowhere near calm. At this point, he wondered if he could ever stop feeling nervous again.

A chuckle echoed through the room and small, green lights jumped on. Yoongi realized he wasn't in a room, but in a...a long, narrow tunnel? He wondered if this used to be part of the sewage system...it was definitely cold and damp enough for that.

As soon as the lights had jumped on, Yoongi had breathed out in relief that he hadn't gone blind. However, that relief was soon gone when the sadly familiar form of the bodysnatcher stepped into his vision.

"Missed me, Yoongi?"

Yoongi didn't reply, only glared in response. He didn't know how he had gone from utterly terrified in the first few weeks to outraged and angry that the demon was doing this to him right now.

"You are still strong, Yoongi. I admire you for that. Sadly enough, I need a body soon. I won't be able to have fun haunting you any longer."

"Boohoo," Yoongi said sarcastically.

The demon chuckled and moved closer to the restrained idol, who tensed but managed not to flinch. The demon looked Yoongi up and down, almost studying him as he struggled against the cuffs.

"Strong, but definitely weaker than before. Just a little longer..."

Yoongi glared with all he had. He had no idea what the demon meant with 'strong'. Like before, Yoongi didn't necessarily think he was strong. Especially not after being choked. Twice.

"I'm not strong. Why not just get it over with?" Yoongi said, not really because he wanted to be possessed – duh – but more to get answers out of the demon without seeming stupid.

"Your mind, my dear Yoongi. Your mind is strong. I've weakened it over the past few days...the nightmares helped considerably...but it's not enough."

"Not enough?! You've made me question my sanity! I think you've done enough, you evil scumbag!" Yoongi yelled.

"Not enough to freely use your soul." The demon said, looking Yoongi straight in the eyes with its own yellow ones.

Use his what now?

Yoongi gave him a questionable look.

"Ah, you don't believe in souls?" the demon asked with a chuckle. "Don't worry, whether or not you believe in it doesn't matter. I will be able to use it nonetheless."

"I'm not letting you use me for anything!" Yoongi snapped.

"Oh, you won't have a choice." The demon growled back, threateningly moving closer to the trapped boy.

For a moment the two of them stared at each other in silence, but then the demon stepped even closer and grabbed Yoongi by the throat again.

"Time for you to go to sleep again~."

What the fuck I just woke up, Yoongi thought.

"If you gonna...keep doing this...I'll get brain damage, you f...fucking ass," Yoongi said with a hoarse voice.

The demon seemed to actually take that note seriously and let go of him.

"T-Thank god..." Yoongi breathed out softly, sucking in precious gulps of air. "I thought you would know something like that, you can't just keep choking people to knock them ou—"

With a sharp 'PATS!' the demon's hand smacked Yoongi across the face. Yoongi looked at him in complete shock, his eyes big and frankly, a little scared.

"W-Wha...why...why did you...?"

The bodysnatcher grinned. "I thought of another fun way to knock you out."

Yoongi gulped. Was he going to regret saying anything?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 8K 35
" I want to kiss you." His eyes widen as you got away a little, but still close enough. You kept staring at him as he was doing the same. Too stunne...
504 92 18
"Seoyoon?" You turn to look at his nervous form. You gently reach his hands and intertwine with yours. You smile at him reassuringly. "You okay? You...
2.4K 216 32
" Date my best friend " " My ideal type is my best friend " " Why don't you date him? " " Min Yoongi is my best friend " Linta & Yoongi are best fri...
1.4K 78 32
-!DISCONTINUED!- "I'm numb to everything. Everything is red. It wasn't always like this, everything was once bright and colourful. Now though, its.."...