The weapon

By Manondamoon

Percy Jackson and other concerned works are NOT mine. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 8

149 3 0
By Manondamoon

Lou Ellen( before the start of the game)

Heroes! Fall in!"

I walked up to Chiron, my red helmet resting in my arms. The rest of the  team fell in behind us, holding their red helmets as well. Luke approached us from the other side, smirking at me, as he held his blue helmet under his arm. His team was behind him, while Percy stood next to him with no helmet.

Percy shook his head, sparing a glance back at me. He smiled at me, and I saw that his canines were longer than normal. That didn't stop the blush rising to my cheeks, or the butterflies in my stomach.

"Where's your helmet?" Luke asked.

"I don't need one," he replied.

I looked up at Luke, raising an eyebrow at him. He only smirked, gesturing over to Percy. "Might want to go grab Chiron's wheelchair from the Big House, Percy might need it after this."

Luke always found a way to piss me off during capture the flag. Well, he always found a way to piss me off period.  I glared at Luke, seeing the  look that  crossed Percy's face.

"Don't get too cocky, Luke, I think we all still remember capture the flag from two years ago, right?" Luke's smile suddenly disappeared, turning into a frown. "The way I had you hanging upside-down from that tree? You remember that, right?"

All of the campers seemed to break out into simultaneous laughter, everyone remembering the incident from just two years ago. I shot Percy a wink as he smiled at me again, before looking back to Chiron.

"Alright, everyone calm down. Heroes! Take your places, and remember all the rules!"

I walked side by side with my teammates into the woods as I adjusted the straps of my quiver and adjusted the position of my sword.

"No potions today?"

"Chiron said it's not allowed to participate in capture the flag after last year's fiasco," I told Katie, a daughter of demeter, both of us laughing in remembrance. That Apollo kid was not too happy about losing his arms for the rest of that week.

"Okay, so we're playing out the same strategy as last time. I'm going to guard the flag, I was hoping this time you would-"

"I'm going after Luke, you can guard the flag," I told her, notching an arrow in my bow as I looked at her. She sighed, shaking her head.

"Are you going after him because you can't stand him, or because of the game?

"Little bit of both," I said with a shrug. "He'll also probably have Percy with him, and I want to know if he see if he's what he lets on."

"You're pretty protective of that boy, Katie said, wiggling her eyebrows. I laughed, beginning to walk backwards away from her.

I took off through the woods, hiding behind a couple of trees as I saw blue players run past me. I came upon one of the tallest trees in the woods and quickly scaled it, perching myself on one of the branches with an arrow drawn, waiting on Luke. I knew his patterns well, and if I was correct judging by where we hid our flag, he'd be coming through her in no time.

"Come on, Travis! I know where the flag is!"

I smirked as I heard Luke's voice, seeing flashes of him running toward the tree I was perched in, Travis right on his heels. But no Percy anywhere in sight.

I locked eyes with some of my teammates who were perched in the trees across from me. I gave them a nod as they fell from the trees to the ground, immediately going after Travis and Luke.

I kept myself perched in the trees, watching the fight commence on the ground. Jumping down now would be too easy,  as much as wanted to kick Luke's ass, I wanted to know what Percy had in him.

Another one of my teammates charged at Luke from behind as he faced off another person and I watched his head snap up as he whipped his sword around, slicing the him across the face.

"Well, that was too easy," Luke muttered as I laughed, jumping down from my spot in the trees, holding the arrow steady as Travis and Luke turned toward me.

"How right you are, Castellan," I said with a smirk. Luke swung his sword at me, but I advanced, kicking it from his hands before throwing him to the ground. My foot rested on his chest, an arrow notched in my bow and aimed for his head.

I casted a glance at Travis, who stood with his hands in the air, looking unsure of himself. I laughed, smirking at him.

"Get outta here thief, don't make me regret this," Travis raised an eyebrow, lowering his sword as he took a step away.

"You're going to let me go? Just like that?" I shrugged in response, pushing the arrow closer to Luke as he tried to move.

"Go get the flag, I want to see you try,"

"Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised," I rolled my eyes as Travis ran off through the woods. I turned back to Luke, who was smirking up at me.

"Wow, Lou, didn't think you'd gone soft,"

I scoffed, shooting the arrow through his shirt so that it nailed him to the ground. I smirked, taking my foot of his chest as I stalked away from him and toward the direction of my flag.

"Watch your mouth, Castellan, or next time I aim an arrow at you it won't end pretty, at least for you."

I raced off in the direction of the blue team's side of the forest, scoring a few points with my arrows, till I got to the creek and saw Chiron standing in a shadow. So I went over to where he was.

"Lou, so nice of you to join us here!" Chiron exclaimed, giving me a smile as he and Grover turned back to watch something going on by the creek. I gave them both suspicious looks, wondering why they were smiling so much, as I walked over to them to see what they were seeing.

Percy was scrambling away from Clarisse, holding his sword, his blood flowing down his arms and legs, as Clarisse stumbled backwards, away from him, rubbing her eyes to get rid of the dirt that Percy threw in her face. He stood up and that's when I saw our flag tied around his shoulder.

"Isn't that our flag around his arm?" I questioned, seeing that the flag was also dripping blood. I handed my quiver to Grover, along with my bow, drawing my sword instead.

"I need to go help her," I told Chiron, moving my feet to dash out to help Clarisse because we were on the same team, but Chiron moved so he stood in front of me.

"Not yet, Lou. He looks and fights like a trained warrior; let him show off his skills to us."

I reluctantly nodded and watched as Clarisse regained her strength, lunging at Percy once more with her spear. She took a step towards Percy, moving her right foot forward violently as she thrust her spear towards him, intent on stabbing through his skin. What happened next shocked me.

Percy fell backwards, his back hitting the ground, before he sprung up with a two legged Spartan kick at Clarisse's chest. She brought her spear up to deflect the kick, but the kick broke the spear in half and launched Clarisse into the far end of the creek.

I saw him run and clear the creek in a single leap. And the creek was over seven feet wide! The red flag he was holding changed to a grey colour with an owl on it. And just then he was claimed, in the presence of all the campers, by Poseidon. A glowing green and trident, floating above his head. When I looked at his face, it was curves into a mixture of a smile and a frown.

As he held the flag up in the air, it turned from grey with an owl, to sea green with a silver trident in the middle of it. Everyone was staring blankly at him and he squirmed under the gazes directed at him.

The next thing I heard was ""It is determined!", the ancient centaur bowing,  "All hail Perseus Jackson! Son of Poseidon, god of the Seas, Storms, Earthquakes, and the father of horses!".

Suddenly, the water from the creek began to glow with a faint emerald light before a small portion floated up and over to him before it pulled back. It must have dropped something in his hands because he was looking at them, but I couldn't see what it was. Then he just shrugged.

Suddenly, thunder boomed in the sky, and a hellhound, with black eyes jumped out the shadow of a tree, next to Annabeth, knocking her down. Everyone was shocked still. It was about to sink its teeth into her neck, when a tendril of water tore through its neck, turning it into black dust.

There was an uproar in the camp. The campers were running wildly towards the cabin area while screaming about how someone had summoned a hellhound from the fields of punishment, and how it was Percy.

Soon all that was left were Chiron, Percy, Annabeth and I. I turned around, walking towards Annabeth, who was still frozen in shock on the ground, byto help her to her feet.

I did turn back to Percy, though, a small smile gracing my lips as I watched him, talking with Chiron under another tree, before Annabeth and I began to make our way back to the camp.

I suddenly remembered what I had thought about him at the infirmary, him being just another half-blood. I just couldn't shake off the feeling that I was extraordinarily in the wrong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 236 12
Please don't find me, I'm not okay. I'm lost.
5.3K 167 42
The Rewrite of The Sea Twins
74K 1K 25
imagines/short stories based on the Narnia characters requests are closed for now i do not own any of these characters.
181K 5.9K 50
𝗜'𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝙄𝘾𝘼𝙍𝙐𝙎!