Vista

By d3-lia

For some reason unknown to me, I started shaking. It was so strong. I felt something I'd never felt before. A... More

Prologue
park
temptation
family
snob
dinner
tragedy
bible
bet
apology
meal
visit
start
hole
awake
museum
parcel
divorce
unofficial
winehouse
anything
seminar
elsa
date
match
mall
scared
problem
birthday
danger
unveil
time
mvp
chill
stead
okay
tell
choose
remember
say it
when
night
mit
boo
now
observe
daze
open
up
intrude
many more
tricks
again?

ball

11 1 0
By d3-lia

The evening arrived so fast.

In the afternoon, I had difficulties resting. But Ethan made sure I fell asleep before he left.

When I woke up, the lights were on. Even my porchlight. So I'd guessed he didn't leave long before I woke up.

I made sure I cleaned everywhere first. He said the ball would start at 9, and it was only 6.

So I took my time.

Fixed the kitchen, the cushions on the couch, fixed my room, and looked for what to wear.

I pulled out a beige gown. It was fitting and exposed my shape just a little.

What if you wore black, baby?

I had tons of black gowns. If I wore black, then the little makeup I was going to put on was supposed to be a little wild.

That I chose.

I reached for a strapless black gown that reached me on my knees. And fit my skin perfectly in its thickness, just enough to show my shape a little.

Time to choose sneakers.

One thing I hated was having to choose my heels. In particular. Everyone at home knew that.

I sat on my bed, near my gown and my undies, scrolling lazily on my phone.

I would rather shower first.

After showering for some minutes, I started dressing. It was 9 already, and I was surprised that Ethan hadn't arrived yet.

I eventually dressed, curled my long hair, and put on a little makeup. I made sure I was ready with everything except my shoes.

It was past 9.30 and this guy hadn't arrived yet. Just when I thought of calling, my phone rang. My heart raced in my chest.

What was that?

"Hey."

"Mily, I'm sorry. There's a lot of traffic in town now. But I'm pulling up in front of your porch in 5."

"That's okay."

He dropped and I waited.

In 10 minutes, he poked his head in. His eyes found me on my bed.

"Oh wow. Jesus."

I had to chuckle. He wasn't smiling. His eyes were wide.

He has good-looking. Good looking was an understatement.

He was incredible in just a white shirt. What was happening to me?

"Are you human?"

I smiled. "You have no idea."

We stared at each other for some seconds.

"I have trouble."

"You don't look like you do." His eyes went to my exposed legs.

I rolled my eyes. "I can't find shoes."

"Oh wow." He squint-eyed me only on the skin above my knees.

I didn't respond. I just watched him stare.

"Done staring?"

"No."

"Ethan. Please. I'm serious here."

He sat on my bed with me.

"But how on earth?"

I shrugged. "It's always like that."

He made his way to my shoe-stand.

"You have a thousand here. What do you mean?"

"What I mean is I can't find a good one for this dress."

I trusted him at that. We first met at a clothes mall, after all.

He chose one. It was a gold color.

He looked at it. Then looked back at me. But turned to keep it.

"You have good shoes here."

He searched again and removed a pair of black open-toed heels, looked at me, and closed the stand.

I smiled at the choice.

He bent down to wear them for me. I could only focus on his face the whole time. He took all his time, making sure he was careful in the process.

Once he was done, he used my hands to lift me off the bed.

After looking at me for a while, which I couldn't contain, he spoke.

"Does Guinness World Records know you exist?"

"I don't know where your compliments emerge from." I let out a little laugh.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I finally gathered the courage to point at him.

"Oh. I'm blushing." He grinned.

"So can we go now?"

"Yeah. Yeah."

"After you."

"I have to lock."

"I will."

"Okay."

To say bashfulness overtook me was minor. I swayed on the spot.

"Milia?"

I looked up.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded, my heart trapping my words.

Like he read my mind, he held my hand and let us downstairs and out. When he locked, he opened the door for me.

And off we went.

The next thing I knew, we were at the reception of a mansion. Ethan spoke to the receptionist who'd recognized him.

After taking the elevator to the 28th floor, Ethan slotted his invitation card into a slot machine near a big wooden door.

"Ready?"

I nodded.

"There's nothing to be worried about."

I smiled reassuringly and he held my hand and let the way as the doors opened.

The partying environment was the contrary to the environment behind the door.

Well, not so contrary. It was a ball indeed. Not a party. It had the kind of peace I loved. The music was from a small band and was soothing.

Ethan was recognized by his teammates as he made his way in, and had started fist-bumping some that were chatting with glasses in their hands. All that while, I took the time to look at the furniture of the hall. It was fascinating that there were no paintings. Strange was not enough explanation. All around was the wall, and the antiques were uncommon.

One hall of a kind.

"Harte."

"Oh. Hello." I snapped out of my thoughts.

The guy had pink hair. Was the first thing I noticed about him.

"Sorry man. Proper introduction. Emily, meet Lucas. Man, Emily Harte."

"Ah. The birthday guy. I'm sorry I didn't know about you."

"No. I'm more than privileged to finally meet Harte. The student model."

I widened my eyes. "That's not true. Happy birthday, by the way." I handed him the gift bag Ethan had bought and gave me to give him.

"Oh. Man, she's not only pretty, she's kind."

Ethan beat his chest in pride, causing me to laugh.

"I'll forever be grateful, Harte."

"It's nothing."

"The group's over there, man. If she's well off with that."

"Cool."

Lucas headed to hand the bag to one of the attendants.

"Are you okay with this?"

"With what?"

"Taking you to my group."

"I don't know what it feels like. I've never been in that position. Just tell me what it's all about."

He thought for a second.

"The word I was looking for. Explicit content. 18+."

"What do you mean?"

He laughed. "Don't pretend."

"I swear I'm not."

"Hey man, you got a beautiful arse and you're not dancing?" A guy passed by but we ignored him.

With what kind of music?

"Well, my teammates have their girls and all. That's what I mean."

"Oh okay. I'll give it a try."

"Sure?"

I nodded.

"Just let me know when you want to go home."

"Okay."

He took my hand again and this time, he intertwined our fingers as we made our way to the group. My heart skipped in my chest at the feeling.

That act made me feel like he was passing a message.

That I was his and his alone.

This guy's playing with your heart and all you do is hype him. Are you mad?

"Yo! See who's here! The CEO."

The whole place erupted with greetings. One could tell that his team was his family and that alone was sufficient for him.

"Come on, guys. We can't welcome our master like that."

I watched them give him a standing ovation.

Is this a cult? What's the Master thing for?

Stupid. He's a football captain.

He laughed the whole time. "That's enough guys. I don't want that. Ovations are for the Humpty-Dumpties."

The whole place erupted with laughter and claps afterward.

"And he brought us a living sacrifice."

"The rarest one."

"The gods will have a special meal with that. On Christmas."

He chuckled. "Come on, guys. Don't scare the hell outta her."

"She doesn't look scared. You do."

"Because you feel like you'll lose her by the end of this."

"Ouuuu," everyone chorused.

"Okay, dudes. That's alright."

"A welcome clap for Emilia Harte then."

They all clapped. Even the few girls I saw there. My cheeks hurt from blushing so hard, so I looked away quickly.

"Proper introduction then. Guys, meet Emily Harte."

"Student model. The future."

"Emily, my teammates. Time will let you meet them one by one."

"My pleasure." I finally spoke with the little boldness I picked up a few seconds ago.

"We're happy that you're in our midst. Thank you for honoring us this way."

"Thank you."

Ethan and I sat.

He chatted with his teammates, Lucas eventually joining them after.

I could tell, that Ethan and jokes were a thing. That was his BIOS chip. He alone entertained the whole team.

Their girlfriends too weren't bad. We spoke from time to time to each other during the boys' chat, given that I was a Christian and wasn't for everything they discussed.

I was still preparing myself for the explicit content. I didn't see it. True there was cuddling and making out, but that was not what I feared. I'd seen scarier.

"Hey. You good?" Ethan spoke in my ear. I replied with a nod.

"Bored?"

I shook my head sideways, my cheeks flushing pink because his breath of wine sent shivers down my spine.

"Hungry? You didn't eat all day."

I shrugged. And spoke in his ear after a while, feeling the urge already. "I need to use the restrooms."

"Okay. Should I accompany you?"

I covered my mouth to giggle. "I'll get to an attendant, thank you."

He smirked and I pinched him before rising, earning a lot of glances from people.

#

I watched her make her way like it was her room.

Tony hit my arm. "That's a huge jackpot man. One can tell she's captured every part of you and locked it in the marine universe. Too good."

"She's not interested." I lowered my gaze.

"Is that? Why? Are you a loser?"

I snorted. "It's not as easy as playing against a dumb team. Or against the freshmen of college. She's like a rock."

We were silent, watching the others comment on our past victories as a team. Then I spoke to Tony again.

"If I'm the loser now, why don't you take the bold step then?"

"She's good and beautiful and all. But I can't handle what's not my level. You handle the toughest things, so this I presume is your level. Not mine. I can't aim for the branch of a baobab when I don't have a ladder to climb."

It made sense. A lot.

"That's yours, E. Go for that bitch." He sipped from his glass and held Elsa, his girlfriend, tighter.

That passed a message. And I nodded.

I sipped the white wine in my hand, making a mental note to take her for dinner once she felt like leaving.

She returned, regaining her seat.

"Tired?"

"Kinda."

"Okay. Come on."

We rose.

"Leaving?"

"Yeah."

"Good luck man." Lucas mouthed. I beat my chest in reply, causing them to laugh.

"Thank you for your presence, Harte. I'm more than grateful to have met you at my party."

"Pleasure's all mine." She smiled.

She waved at the girls. I thought she was an introvert.

We entered the car. And she let out a loud breath.

"You are tired."

"Not really."

"So what was the breath for?"

"The tension of being in front of your team. I could hardly breathe."

I nodded. She rested her head backward and closed her eyes.

"Mind if we go somewhere to eat? You've not consumed anything meaningful since morning."

"We have class tomorrow and--"

"--and that's a yes." I turned on the ignition.

"Duh." She breathed out again. This time I could tell she was tired.

I turned off the ignition. "Hey."

She opened her eyes and I reached out to stroke her jaw. "You're going to keep lying to me that you're not tired?"

"I'm not. Trust me."

She spoke after a while. "Can we just wrap up the food?"

"Yes but why?"

"I would love to eat at home."

"Okay."

I shifted in my seat to turn on the ignition again but she held my hand.

That alone caused my heart to palpitate.

I gulped. And intertwined our fingers together.

We remain like that for 5 minutes. Holding hands like kids. Then she started laughing. I was confused.

"What?"

"You watch high school romance?"

I rolled my eyes at her. What was she thinking?

"Your guys are cool."

"Why?"

"They hype you like Kanye West's Yeezy."

"Jesus."

We both laughed for a long time.

"And I thought Christians don't talk to non-Christians?"

"I never said that. If that was the case, I should've rejected being your friend."

"Says the girl who reads her Bible everywhere. You think I didn't see you?"

I could tell she was embarrassed but spoke up quickly.

"You'll pay for looking into my privacy, boy."

"Bible's not privacy, Miss."

"My phone is."

"I accept the punishment then." I held her hand up in the air, moving our now-laced fingers.

"You'll choose my shoes for every event I go to. Even school." She grinned like a schoolgirl who had just found her lollipop.

I smirked knowingly.

"Your wish, my command." I bowed my head low.

"Good." She patted my head. "Now let's get going."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

611K 12.2K 50
Brielle Liana Bernardo has a big crush on a dancer of their school, Daniel Andrew Mendez. She's trying her best to get his attention. She's doing eve...
75.2K 172 17
My wlw thoughts Men DNI 🚫 If you don't like these stories just block don't report
89.7K 2.3K 33
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...