Elegance with Expense

By anzzyyyyy

Alessa Rossi: She knows the true meaning of 'Elegance with Expense.' The consequences, the abandonment, the p... More

Introduction
Aesthetics
Aesthetics II
1. Alessa Camilla Et Rossi
2. Romano's Café
3. Safety Precautions
4. First Class
5. 'Humble' Abode
6. Für Elise
7. Scarface
8. Opulent Life
9. Leather and Cologne
10. Mystery Boy
11. Quite Charming
12. Half Alive
13. Harsh and Bitter
14. Broken Candle
15. Drift Away
16. Capo's Possession
17. Left to Linger
18. Tangible Fear
19. Black Glass
20. Immune to Paranoia
21. You're Not Safe
22. Colombo
23. Two Triggers
24. Underworld
25. No Monsters
26. Beauty Held Within
27. Big Shop of Horrors
28. The Devil Herself
29. Hello Sweetheart
30. Hitwoman
31. Love Bitten
32. Aspirations change
33. Feeling Beautiful
34. Cold as Ice
35. London
36. White and Yellow Roses
37. Sherlock Holmes
38. Pure Royalty
39. The Night Before
40. Evil Eye
41. Unfortunate Occurrence
42. Stranger Men
43. Wise Words
44. Dazzling with Diamonds
45. Vincent
46. Life is Beautiful
47. Roma
48. Royal Flush
49. A Moth in the Dark
50. Blueprints
51. Dose of Unwanted Events
52. Blue and Red Flashing Lights
53. First Man
54. White Roses
55. Sixth Sense
57. Greatest Enemy
58. World War Three
59. Rossi Enterprise Holdings
60. Man From the Window
61. Diamonds, Gold and Arrogance
62. Growing up with Wealth
63. Desensitised
64. Rapunzel
65. Niagara Falls
66. Dreadful Trip
67. A Mouse
68. Worst of Memories
69. Don't Trust Her
70. Ludis Belov
71. Freedom?
72. Investing?
73. Locked?
74. Exposure?

56. Never Ending Damnation

4.9K 175 73
By anzzyyyyy

Waiting for the final confirmations on the private jet took a while, waiting for the rest of my family was even longer. I had been sent to seat myself on the jet whilst Vince ran some errands, apparently he needed accompanying. 

It doesn't make sense, a supposedly dead man, who was never allowed in Britain whilst he was publicly alive, running business in Central London. One of the busiest areas known. 

Excuses, excuses. Nothing ever seems to come with a price for them. Some may say they are far from living in the common risk society, the recently introduced term meaning society carefully assessing the consequences and rewards of their actions. Something my family is yet to become familiar with.

The bodyguard, of whom I am yet to learn the name of, sits at the back of the plane. Buckled into a singular seat, ordering a drink from the hostess. It's a shame I couldn't be left alone, not even on a prestige family owned airplane.

If someone were to hijack it, they would need to pass by many security guards, run a couple hundred metres across the openly patrolled tarmac, then get past the well trained pilot. 

If an explosive was thrown, the most he could do is either throw me under himself, resulting in the both of us dying, or throw me outside the door, only landing me a couple of feet away from the explosion. The need for a bodyguard here is unwanted and not necessary.

'Sorry, what was your name?' I turned away from my business spreadsheets and revision to look at the relatively young man in a suit, his hand now clasped around an half empty circular glass.

'I assume Mr Rossi hasn't mentioned me as of yet.' He spoke formally, and his posture was perfect, the same way my elder relatives sit.

'He hasn't.' I confirmed. 

He nodded to himself, then took a sip of the clear liquid. 'I feel as though it is my duty to introduce myself. I am Claude, your permanent bodyguard. I have been assigned to watch over you as you continue living your normal life, and to prevent anything or anyone who may cause trouble, that includes you, Miss Rossi.' 

'I don't need a bodyguard.' I responded dryly.

'It is my duty to fulfil Mr Rossi's requests, I'm afraid I have no say in my position right now.' He didn't seem upset or pissed off at his role, in fact he looked pleased to be travelling in abnormal luxuries, working with people who hold such decency.  

'I was quite rude then so I apologize, I understand that it is not your fault, but I really do not need one.' My chin now rested on the back of the leather chair.

'That is something you should take up with Mr Rossi, I do not have much say in your decisions and actions unless they hold a risk of danger. I have been strictly cautioned not to involve myself in your personal affairs.' His words held no lenience, this man looked as though he couldn't be older than twenty, but his words sounded overly developed, as did his tone.

'Do you know the reason?' 

'I only know what I am told, some information is confidential.' He cleared his throat, took another swig of his drink and nodded his head to the table in front of me. 'Homework?'

His sudden change of subject didn't shock me, but it was very well executed. So I allowed him to get away with it. 'Studying for my MBA exam at the end of this academic year.' I said casually, knowing very well that my answer would be unexpected. 

That's when I heard a confused grunt. 'You're only fourteen.' 

'Fifteen next week.' 

'Getting into a MBA programme as a young teenager, that is very impressive, Miss Rossi.' He didn't allow my attainment to go unrecognized. 

'Can you please call me by my name?' After showing him a signal of gratitude, I made my request.

'I cannot.' He was short and blunt. 'Which topic are you looking over?'

'Financial approaches for economic stability within a welfare dependant culture.' I read over a few of the key terms again, then answered his question. 'Memorising it is quite simple, but applying and understanding is hard.'

'Your family went to Ivy League universities for their business master degrees, I'm sure they are willing to help you out.' He spoke, just as I heard the curved door being pushed out into a velvet carpeted staircase.

'They're always busy.' I mumbled just as I heard footsteps approaching from the front of the plane. 'Some are too old to understand.' 

'Please Alessa, don't offend me so early in the morning.' Santiano walked past me, sitting on the seat in front of me, glancing briefly over my work.

'Later on then?' I drowsily replied as I shuffled my topic sheet to the side, now focusing on structure.

'Which topic?' He tilted his chin up.

'I was on approaches. Now I'm on privatisations.' I muttered.

'The others studied Singapore, is that the same for you?' 

I nodded, turning the blank page to a highlighted one. 

'I see they haven't changed the curriculum.' Vince spoke.

'Why would they, the government embarked on a ten year privatisation process.'  

'Mhm, and what's the downfall of that?' Vince asked, making me wonder. Is he testing me?

'Public enterprises will continue to participate in business which disadvantage the economy.' 

'Why is it disadvantageous?' 

'Because private entrepreneurs are reluctant to venture in.' I sighed.

He raised his eyebrows at the quick firing answers. 'Well done.' He praised. 

My grandfather looked up from his newspaper and winked at me, nodding his head at the same time.

I looked up from all the work in front of me and leant back in my seat exasperated.

Vince was on his laptop, the other two indulged in an old times newspaper.

'Why have I got a bodyguard?' I suddenly blurted.

Vince looked up after a moment, as if expecting to hear this from me. He set his device on the empty seat next to him, as if getting ready to handle me. Surely what he says can't be that bad.

He then glanced behind me, suggesting that his icy eyes were locked on the young guard.

'You need one.' He minimally replied.

'You have already assigned me multiple, I haven't complained then. Are you trying to push a reaction out of me?' 

'Claude is someone you are going to be able to see at all time, because he will be with you at all times.' 

'You're joking?'

'No. It's for your safety.' He looked tired of this conversation already.

'There will rarely be a time when I'm completely out of danger. Adding unnecessary precautions will just overwhelm me, knowing that someone is always aware of my doings will just make me uncomfortable. Ever heard of demand characteristics? I won't be myself.' I huffed.

'Your concerns are understandable, but sometimes well-being is more important than comfort.' 

'And what do you know about comfort? Last time I checked, you are quite the sadist.' I silently referred to his involvement and management of illegal business and gang activity.

'Alessa you are not changing my decision, I reckon you have some leniency within this. If I had it completely my way, you wouldn't be allowed out of the house. That's cruel.' 

I stared blankly at him. There is no sense in his words, and certainly no leniency.

'And what is your profession? Aren't the people you are trying to protect me from, similar to you in some ways?' I grew frustrated.

'Using the word similar isn't accurate, the profession, as you call it, requires comparability.' 

'So, look me in the eyes, and tell me you have never done to a person what the Russians did to me.' My voice was scraping desperation as I finally recognised what I said.

Vince looked surprised, Manuel put his glasses down and Santiano set his folded newspaper on his lap.

Part of me wishes I never asked such a question, I knew that the mafia was a senseless, horrible thing, romanticised too often.

Killing and torturing came with the invisible contract for immortality.

'I would better not strip you of your innocence.' Vince looked me in the eyes as he said this. 

Although part of me was glad he didn't confirm, I was annoyed at his words.

'My innocence?' I blinked. 'That ship sailed and sank a long time ago, don't you think so?'

'You're young, no matter how hard you believe contrastingly, there is an amount of purity that you may not always see. You've demonstrated it, because I'm not sure how a soul as pure as yours has survived in a world like this for so long.' Manuel, the alchemist spoke. 'So yes, Vince is right at this moment.' 

'You can't compartmentalise mortality.' I ignored his words, I knew they were used to throw me off track and away from this conversation.

'However, it is necessary in our line of work.' 

'Perhaps you should reevaluate your ways, seems like a hefty price to pay for never ending damnation.' 

'Never ending damnation?' Santiano breathlessly laughed. 'What is it you think we do? Enslave children? I can assure you, I'm not quite at damnation.' 

'I don't think that's your call to make.' I stated, narrowing my eyes.

'I don't think it's your either.' His eyes hardened, that scary fatherly look I've only seen when Lorenzo arrived back to the villa drunk.

I scowled at him.

Who does he think he is? Does he just expect me to accept that this is just an unfortunate consequence of his chosen occupation.

There are notions of right and wrong. Both applicably acceptable.

He is wrong.

It seemed as though the conversation was over, everyone was minding their own business, seemingly unbothered by the previous discussion.

For the next hour, we sit in silence.

That is until I hear a voice. 'A double, Grand Old Parr.' I heard Santiano speak to the waitress who was leaning over him slightly. Because of the fact that he was in front of me, I could see that the lady was bent, only due to the fact that he wasn't speaking with his full voice. The first few buttons of her black shirt were undone, you could see the definition of her cleavage, no doubt, it is why he ordered his premium whisky in a hushed tone.

The woman who once served the bodyguard, stood up straight and brushed down her uniform. It was no surprise that she looked relatively flushed, so she turned and walked into the back, clearing her throat on the way.

Santiano tilted his head, then looked to the side to see if his son had witnessed his sly interaction. He hadn't, Vince had better things to do. So did I, but it happened right in front of my eyes, I was bound to notice somehow.

I was mid-sentence, contrasting legislations, when the waitress came back. Now, however, her hair was tied in a neat ponytail, and she set the drink down on the table we both shared, leaning across far too much for it to be classed as a natural action.

It may have been ok before, when she innocently leant down to hear my father, but the desperation was obvious now, she craved his attention.

Her behind was so far outstretched, it nearly reached an unbothered Vincent. She let go of the glass, trailing her fingers across the polished wood table, then seductively across my fathers tanned arm.

I know how men seemingly cannot control themselves when they see something their dick tells them they want, it was a weakness.

Luckily, I was there.

I lifted my foot, thankfully the table ensured that nobody could see what I was doing, not even the unexpecting Santiano. I then shuffled forwards in my seat, making it seem as though I was reading something from my spreadsheets, I dug my heel into the shoe that probably cost more than me. 

I looked up, seeing how his jaw clenched. To anyone else, this would have looked natural, but knowing that I inflicted some sort of pain onto him was quite the achievement, it made the small reaction obvious.

The oblivious woman bent down more, whispering something in his ear, allowing a brief moment of eye contact between us. I shook my head at him, and he ignorantly turned away.

I rolled my eyes with frustration, knowing that the lady's words could have been nothing but trouble. 

'Excuse me.' I reached over and tapped on her shoulder. She looked irritated, and distressed as she stopped and spun quickly. 'When you're done seducing my father, can you fix me a martini, no ice, stirred for 25 minutes, with two olives on a skewer.' 

'Aren't you underage?' Her lip curved into disgust as she put a manicured hand on her hip.

'Aren't you 20 years younger than him?' I referred to Santiano who still hadn't recovered from the fact that I had called him my father. 'Besides, it's not for me, it's for him.' I pointed to Manuel, who was yet to pleasure himself with a bitter beverage.

'I'm not done serving Mr Rossi.' She flicked her blonde hair behind her back, and she put a hand on the table, looking behind her shoulder to the man in front of me.

His expression turned casual, casual meaning, hard, icy and without fault.

'I think you are. You've been hired to serve, not seduce. Don't even think the power is used against you, this is your job, you aren't a friend, nor are you an accomplice.' I sighed, not bothering to even look her in her eyes, my sincerity was evident in my tone.

'You heard her, make my martini.' Manuel closed his newspaper for the final time that plane journey, and smiled as she left without question. 

I sighed as I temporarily forgot where I finished reading on my sheets, until Santiano pointed to the extract that seemed to have missed my gaze.

'Thank you.' I nodded and continued to read. Not knowing that I was the main attraction for the rest of that ride. After 25 minutes, Manuel sipped on his martini and Santiano watched as I highlighted, wrote and read. 

***

'What is the noise, coming from there?' Gio asked me, pointing to the room, next to the office where I first confronted all three stranger men.

I had been back in Italy for no less than two days, and my fifteenth celebration was tomorrow. 

Armani was discharged from the hospital with minor injuries announced, and was in recovery. 

We spoke the moment I got back, he hugged and kissed my forehead, repeating how concerned he became of me. After what went down a week prior, and then hearing of Wally's death made him extremely stressed of my well being.

Our conversation- better yet, me unloading my troubles onto him- didn't come up, and I was glad that it didn't. There wasn't much more I could say, and I'm sure he didn't know how to comment on it.

My family sent me to rest yesterday, but it was only when Michele found me researching methods for my exam, when all my devices and distractions were taken until the evening.

Grieving and accepting was hard, but it became second nature. I still spoke to him everyday. 

Today, Gio needed to find his father, or eldest brother. Neither were to be found around the ground level of the house. The most sensible alternative was to check their place of homely work.

However, the apparent noise came from the other room. One where I hadn't explored, seemingly the same for Gio.

'Do you want to find out?' I asked mischievously. The music was upbeat, sexy samba music, growing my interest more.

I was supposed to start school today, but because of the previous dilemma, and my soaring academic record, my guardian formally decided and made clear that I wouldn't be attending school in Italy. I would wait until we return to New York.

I wanted for storm in and make an entrance, but those kind of scenarios only occur in my head, besides, my newly found bodyguard- Claude- was behind me. I wanted to give good first impressions.

Without a regret, I pushed open the door, but was unexpectedly shocked with what I was met with.

'Holy shit.' Gio whispered from beside me, taking a step closer so that he was now in the room.

All eyes on us, even the dancers on poles. They had a strip club in the house!

'You're doing this without me?' Gio causally walked in, until Sergio gave him a sharp look, immediately making him turn on his heels.

I wheezed at everything. The lingering smell of cigars, strong alcohol and the musky scent of aged wood. Not to mention the women, dressed in little to no clothing, one was completely topless.

'Alright, that's enough exploring.' I put my hand on Gio's back and slowly led us out. 

'Wait a minute.' My eyes widened at the command. 'Turn around, walk here.'

As if the voice was a reflex, I turned instantly and sighed. Gio leaned in closer to me, whispering the truth.

'We're fucked.' 

I only nodded in response.

I kept my eyes away from the dancers and on my family. What a mess this was.

I didn't even walk to the beat of the music as Gio was doing, I was far too uncomfortable.

'We're both just sleepwalking.' Gio's comment made me facepalm, seeing him close his eyes to imitate a zombie type creature.

'Sei qualcosa di strano.' I turned and looked as he straightened up. (You are something strange)

'Sì, ma sono abbastanza carina che tutti mi trattano come una principessa' He flicked back his imaginary long hair, and tossed a hand. We forgot who was watching us. (Yeah, but I'm pretty enough that everyone treats me like a princess)

'Questo è proprio quello che il governo vuole che tu pensi.' I snickered, spooking him a little. (This is just what the government want you to think)

'Are you two done?' Luca asked, interrupting what Gio was going to say. 

Everyone who didn't attend school was here, even Armani who was supposed to be in recovery was here. Even the old grandfather was here!

'Explain yourselves.' Michele asked us. 

'So what happened was, I needed to ask dad something, and I couldn't find him. Then I found Alessa and we decided to explore.' He summed it up quickly.

'Alessa?' 

'Mhm, that's exactly what happened.' I confirmed.

'What did you need to ask me?' Sergio put down his glass, and leaned forwards so that his elbows were on his knees, in order to get a better view of his hopeless son.

Gio coughed awkwardly, trailing his eyes from his fathers serious ones, to the dancers who went back to doing what they were supposedly paid to be doing. Apparently no distraction of this size was trivial.

'Heh, I can't remember.' His attention was diverted, and I nearly laughed. He was slurring over his words, and his gaze dropped from up to down.

'Eyes on me, Giovanni.' 

As Sergio said that, one of the dancers evidently stopped doing what she was doing and stood still. Her incredibly tall heels wobbled as she scratched her eye. 

'Conjunctivitis.com, that's a site for sore eyes.' I couldn't help the comment which fell right out of mouth without a warning. Vince smirked, then leant all the way back so I couldn't see him, and Manuel laughed, not even caring about the impact. 

'I see what you did there, you switched sight with site, that's why you made the computer reference.' Gio nudged me and nodded, killing the entirety of the joke.

I dismissed Gio's words and turned to the confused girl. 'Apologies, you're doing great.' I gave her a thumbs up as I slowly backed away. 'Ask for more money, they're loaded.' 

She gave me a wink back and her hands were again attached to the pole as Gio died of laughter in the middle of the room. I made an escape, a quick escape into the bedroom.

Where I was once caught with a cigarette, I stood over and admired the midday sun. Even in February, I could comfortably walk out in just a shirt, hence the reason why I did. 

I stood, staring aimlessly on the balcony, the white covers on my bed were neatly made and tucked into all sides, different to how I made it this morning. Every aspect of the room looked so clean and fresh, it even smelt of water, with a hint of salt.

I'd never been to a beach, or swam in the ocean. I loved to swim in our local leisure pool, but it seemingly was never the same as the desire I had to splash in the real open water.

But here, I didn't want to. I really didn't want to. Suffering from constant bodily issues means I don't feel secure walking out with minimal clothing. Not right now anyway.

Happily, I took the organized paper work from my desk, blended in with my revision and put it on my bed, along with myself.

I grabbed the pen I keep on the nightstand, next to the lampshade and bottle of unopened water, and clicked the ink open. 

Reading through alleged documents was never a fun task, but having the pleasure of authorizing the correct ones and throwing out the useless ones was great fun. Especially seeing the benefits and rewards of the outcome.

For the rest of the evening I worked, until Romeo invited himself in before dinner and asked if I was alright. So unlike him, but I appreciated the gesture and nodded half politely, half unconsciously.

My focus of work was so great, not only does it benefit the families company unknowingly, it also allows me to input some outside knowledge into my exam.

'Come down for dinner, you're done working for the rest of the week.' He waited until I looked up and unexpectedly closed the folder I was reading through.

'You're so lucky I don't have a weapon near me.' I rolled my eyes.

'You wouldn't do anything drastic, let's be real.' He scoffed.

'How can you be so sure.' I narrowed my eyes as I slid of the bed, and followed him through the door.

'Because you had, and still have a pen in your hand. And from what I remember Juliet telling us, you seem to know just how to use a pen as a weapon.' 

Those last few words cast my mind back to the office, when Juliet first talked to me about my experiences. The break in, Marcus tumbling through the door with a bullet wound. Not to mention the lunatic guy, who I'm not even sure if has been caught, sticking his hand through the door, then a confused me, stabbing through his hand with a ballpoint pen.

Holy crap, my life's exciting.

With my birthday being hours away, it was obvious to expect some exciting surprises.

Hello my lovely readers, I sincerely hope you've enjoyed the chapter. I think the next one will be about Alessa's birthday, just let me know what you would like to see. Many thanks for reading, stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 173 17
Living with abusive parents for the past 10years, she grew up to only rely on herself but after witnessing the murder of these people whom she used t...
17K 352 21
Young 3 year old Estella runs away from the Russian mafia basement into a dark alley where she runs into him But little did she know he was her savi...
736K 12.2K 43
(Im not good with these but imma give it a try) Exactly 17 years ago Alexandra Romano was taken away from her father and 6 brothers by her mother who...
1.1M 23.7K 73
8 year old Alessia never had the best life. From being taken away from her family at a very young age to being diagnosed with cancer while dealing w...