A Senju's Family

By PrettyLilyAnime

Haru Uchiha has lived an eventful life thus far, one of many trials and tribulations. Between love triangles... More

Prologue πŸŒ™
Chapter 1 🌟
Chapter 2 🌟
Chapter 3 🌟
Chapter 4 🌟
Chapter 5 🌟
Chapter 6 🌟
Chapter 7 🌟
Chapter 8 Pt.1 🌟
Chapter 8 pt.2 🌟
Chapter 9 🌟
Chapter 10 🌟
Chapter 11 🌟
Chapter 12 🌟
Chapter 13 🌟
Chapter 14 🌟
Chapter 15 🌟
Chapter 16 🌟
Chapter 17 🌟
Chapter 18 🌟
Chapter 20 🌟
🌟The Twins Official Art🌟
Chapter 21 🌟
✨ New Character Profiles ✨
Chapter 22 🌟
Chapter 23 🌟
Chapter 24 🌟
Sneak Peak // Chapter 25
⭐️Vote!⭐️
Runa Art + Sneak Peak 2 β­οΈβœ¨πŸ’•

Chapter 19 🌟

5.6K 106 320
By PrettyLilyAnime

Ahh sorry for the long wait guys! Hopefully you'll enjoy this chap, be sure to lmk in the comments! Also, this chap is heavily unedited so I deeply apologize for any mistakes! They'll be reviewed and fixed soon <3

••Third Person POV••

To say that Sasuke uchiha felt like the most stressed man on the planet right now would be an understatement. For clarifications sake, the most stressed father on the planet.

For once it wasn't Katsuro raising his fathers blood pressure by messing around, it wasn't Masahiko working himself half to death and having Sasuke worry, and it wasn't even Daisuke's illness!

No, for the first time in Sasuke's life it was his girls giving him a run for his money.

His two princesses!

Well, of course there was that time the girls ran away from home and searched for him while he was on a high class mission that was specifically dangerous for them, but he liked to forget that such a shitstorm of a reunion ever happened.

First it was Runa. His eldest daughter. Ironically his only planned and expected child. The literal apple of his eyes! (though he'd never admit something like that out loud)

It's her first time out of the country on her own without her parents!

Haru worried over this sure, but Sasuke was initially fine with it. After all, his daughter wanted to be a Kunoichi, going out on her own for school trips was something that would help ease her into the experience of being away from home!

Plus, at the time she wasn't really alone. She had Haruki and Masahiko with her, so Sasuke really didn't have any concerns.

That was until this mornings phone call. Naruto's son had carried Runa to their hotel last night?!

Boruto Uzumaki, the same little kid who had his other daughter a blushing mess whenever he was around all those years ago?!

Hn...

Now with said other daughter, things were inexplicably worse than they were with Runa.

Haruki Uchiha was arguably the sweetest being to have ever entered Sasuke's life. With her sugary smile, pale curls and doe eyes; he often found himself wondering how he managed to create such a cute child.

He mentally gave Haru most of the credit, though she'd argue their little Ruki is much more like Sasuke than anyone realized. And in all fairness, she was right.

Whenever Haru would say such a thing it'd remind Sasuke of the time Naruto told him how much Ruki resembled him when she got angry or upset.

At the time it seemed almost comical since the only Ruki Sasuke had ever known was the toddler who'd hide in his arms all day and fall asleep in the garden by the rose bushes, not the academy student who's been trained by her mother for years.

Still, even now Sasuke frankly can't imagine finding her anything other than adorable.

But alas, The current situation with Haruki was easily what was stressing him out the most. Even more than his little Runa and- Naruto's child who can't keep his hands to himself.

Haruki had a vision from the past while still in the Mist field trip. A vision, portraying her own grandmother's brutal death!

Sasuke swore his heart stopped beating for a split second when he was unsure of which grandmother she was speaking of. Either option was horrible, but admittedly, one of Sasuke's worst nightmares consisted of Haruki learning of the Uchiha massacre in such a traumatic way.

It wasn't to say that seeing Luna's death was any better. Hell, the trauma amassed in Haruki's once pure brain must've been beyond painful. To make matters worse, Haru quite literally looked like Luna's twin, so as Haruki watched her grandmother die, it was almost like watching her own mother die as well!

It explained why Haruki could barely look at Haru when they first reunited. She ran straight into Sasuke's arms and didn't dare look over at her mother. What was at first thought of as an act of favoritism towards her father quickly shifted into an act of self preservation as Haruki wasn't one to cry out for help like that in the first place! Seeing her mother would only make things worse!

But of course she eventually broke, and she knew she had to see her mother and confront what she saw if she ever wanted to heal. And so she did just that, and ever since she fell into Haru's arms, Haruki's been glued to her side.

It was as if she was afraid to let go, even back in the tundra, Haruki couldn't bare the thought of sleeping in her own room. Instead, she laid nestled between her parents, her tear stained cheeks tugging at both of their heartstrings as she clutched her teddybear and clenched her eyes shut.

Sasuke remembers running his hands through Haruki's hair in an attempt to help lull her to sleep. It always worked when she was younger, but she was still struggling. Haru tried wrapping Haruki up in the warmest of blankets as Haruki was susceptible to the tundra's harsh weather conditions, but she still trembled like a leaf!

Their efforts weren't entirely fruitless though. Eventually, Haruki's breath began to level out, and the rare tenseness in her face eased into the angelically peaceful expression she usually had. Finally, after hours of staying up, she managed to fall asleep.

That was only last night though, the beginning of what would be a long journey of recovery for the little Uchiha princess. Both Haru and Sasuke knew that there would be challenges down the road for Haruki, ones that they could never be in control of now with Kaguya's curse being as unpredictable as ever.

With everything in mind, Haru made the quick and smart decision to take the family back home for her daughters sake.

Daisuke's gotten better at controlling his singular rinnegan eye with the sage wolves help, and in an ideal scenario they'd all be able to stay at the tundra a bit longer. But alas, Haruki needed stability more than ever right now, she needed to be home.

And home they went, the trip back to Konoha was a quick as ever with the help of Sasuke's susanoo, and before anyone knew it the family of four (missing two very important members) were back in the Uchiha household.

"Hey dad, you said Haruki saw how grandma passed. Right?" Sasuke remembers Katsuro asking him on that same morning that they arrived.

Haruki was upstairs with Haru, whilst Daisuke laid asleep in his fathers arms. That left the father and son duo alone, to talk about all of the swirling thoughts in their heads.

"She did. Why?"

"I was just thinking- how come she didn't get the sharingan from something like that? Do you think she'll get it at all?" Katsuro questioned his father, his head tilted and his arms naturally crossed over his chest.

Sasuke's eyes widened, with everything going on he hadn't even taken a moment to think about this.

Katsuro was right, Haruki had just gone through a moment that was extremely provoking to her emotions. By all means, it should've been enough to unlock her sharingan.

Interestingly enough, Haruki never showed any signs of having it. Perhaps, she didn't inherit her father's kekkei genkai after all?

It would make her the only child out of the five that never obtained any sort of Dojutsu. It was an unexpected circumstance as the daughter of a full blooded Uchiha and partially Oshiro mother, though, it wasn't impossible.

"She might not have it at all. You already know not all Uchiha get the sharingan." He stated, earning a nod from his son.

"Right, isn't it supposed to be rare? Runa's the first girl to ever have it" Katsuro commented offhandedly, a small shrug to his shoulders.

"She was also the first girl to be born into the main branch of the uchiha clan at all. and yes, the sharingan is definitely rare"

"Damn, so Haruki's gonna be the only one without it huh? Besides Daisuke, but he already has the rinnegan so he wouldn't need it" he snorts, remembering just how destructive his youngest siblings eye power truly was.

"She'll live, she has two kekkei genkai that none of you inherited" Sasuke murmured, a smirk threatening to tug at his lips at the sight of Katsuro's offended face.

"Hey! I also have a kekkei genkai none of those twerps have! Not even Haruki" Katsuro readily defended himself, his veins burning hot at the reminder that he had missed out on two impressive kekkei genkai styles that his puny little sister lucked out on.

"Maybe you should work on it a bit more, you've been slacking-"

"He is doing no such thing! What he needs is sleep and warm food!" Haru interrupted from the top of the staircase, having heard the last bit of conversation with a glare on her face directed as Sasuke.

Katsuro smiled at the sight of his rescuer, sending Sasuke a sly look that just screamed 'you lost!'

Sasuke raised a brow as she came down the stairs and pressed a kiss to Katsuro's temple, then urging him to go take a shower and get to bed. Katsuro complied, not before sending Sasuke one last look of victory, before heading upstairs himself.

Haru sighed, turning to Sasuke with a small frown.

"Haruki wanted to be alone for a bit, I made her promise to call out to us if anything before I left"

He nodded, mulling over her worlds. If Haruki wanted space then that's what he'd give her. Sasuke knew better than any one else what it's like to want to be alone after moments like that. He knew just how important it was.

So, the only words he could utter in response were "She'll be okay, she's our daughter. She'll always have us even if she wants to be alone. She knows we'll be there waiting when she wants company again."

That scenario was all just a few days ago, and now Sasuke was stuck reminiscing as he walked through the streets of Konoha by his wife's side.

How Haru managed to convince him to go on a date instead of letting him barge into Naruto's office and demand that the blonde tame his son?- he had no clue.

But here he was now, hand in hand with the love of his life.

At least some happiness could form even throughout such stress.

His head was still swirling with worry over the lives of his children. Though, he couldn't help but enjoy the glimmers of light that followed him amidst all of the uncertainty. His wife was most certainly one of those small lights.

He never thought he'd love anything more than he loved her, and with the exception of the five gifts of children she'd given him, he was entirely right.

The two walked hand in hand throughout some of Konoha's less populated streets. She was holding him close. For a moment, Sasuke felt a shred of guilt for denying her of this experience for seven long, cold years.

The letters she'd send him, although heartwarming, were never enough as written words couldn't ever amount to the deeply linked emotions that run between them.

He longed to look into those scarlet eyes of hers that he loved so much, feel the weight of her body slung over his as she slept, smell that soft lavender fragrance lingering on her clothes, and to just be with her Damn it!

Being apart from Haru was pure torture, but he couldn't imagine what it must've been like for her.

She was the one who handed life as a mother without him. She was the one who'd stay up late at night, even when the older boys were safe and home with her, crying to herself out of pure worry for him.

Sasuke couldn't fathom what it must've been like for Haru, though, he's already gotten a few hints from his dearest brother in law.

Maybe it was him knowing how badly his absence affected her that led him to this rare moment.

Years ago, he never would've been able to imagine himself as he is now. With his wife holding onto his arm, her casual satin dress swaying Against the wind with every step she took, the sound of her sandals on the stone pavement below, her head laid so comfortably on his shoulder, and a gentle breeze shifting throughout.

Sasuke enjoyed the peaceful nature surrounding him, a similar environment to the ones he'd face on his travels.

This time however his muscles weren't tense with looming threats lurking beneath the shadows, nor did he have to constantly be on the lookout for his son's safety as they trekked through different dimensions. Now, he could enjoy a nice morning out with Haru, alone!

Something he's missed very dearly in the last seven years!

Konoha was covered in luscious greenery, cascading large oak trees and sunlight peeking through the gaps of the leaves, and the pair were currently walking through a rather nature focused area.

Haru was thoroughly enjoying herself, and the two looked as happy as a married couple could be.

"Isn't this so much better than arguing with Naruto?" She snorted, glancing up at him from her thick lashes.

"I'm still going to talk to him." Sasuke bluntly replied, the severity of his voice leaving haru to gasp out a few giggles before slapping a hand over her mouth once he sent her a narrow eyed look. "You're being ridiculous. So what if Boruto and Runa are close? It's better than them fighting all the time!"

"I prefer fighting. Runa always beat him when they were younger anyways" he scoffed, that haughty side of him that was so rare but so loved by Haru coming out in full force at the mere thought of his little girl with Naruto's son.

"Well well, look who we have here" The drawled out, almost teasing voice immediately had Sasuke rolling his eyes, and Haru gasping out happily.

The last thing Sasuke wanted was for Kakashi of all people, to see him like this. On a date!

"Kakashi sensei!!" Haru exclaimed, letting go of Sasuke's hand in favor of walking over to the former hokage.

"What're you two up to? I didn't think you'd be back from the tundra so soon" The elder of the two grinned, glancing between the two with raised brows. Sasuke had to refrain from grabbing Haru's arm and dragging her away for the sake of his sanity, but, it had been a long time since Sasuke has seen Kakashi.

Maybe a small part of him didn't mind seeing his older teacher again. A very very tiny part of him.

"Sasuke's taking me on a date" Haru smiled, completely ignoring the way Kakashi's eyes glint in amusement in favor of gesturing back at her husband.

"Oh, is he?" Kakashi muses, glancing over her shoulders and sending Sasuke an arched brow, one which the uchiha pointedly ignores.

"Is he treating you well?" Kakashi teases, earning a laugh from Haru. "Yeah! He's even letting me hold his arm in public-"

"What do you want Kakashi?" Sasuke interrupts before Haru could get into any sort of detail that would dig his grave deeper than it already has been.

"Can't I check up on my old students?" Kakashi wondered, Tapping his chin with his index finger and looking up at the sky as if he were contemplating something. Sasuke could quite literally feel his eye twitch at the Hatake's antics.

Haru however is easily amused, snorting at Kakashi and shaking her head. "Of course you can! It's been a while since you've come over for dinner, why don't you visit when Runa and Hiko return?"

Kakashi nods. "Ah that's right, the academy kids went to Kirigakure. It's good that the girls could get out of town and meet new people-"

"Yeah remember when I was their age!? I couldn't even get near the gates without the third hokage having an aneurysm!" Haru haughtily cuts off kakashi, still bitter from the remnants of her childhood.

Kakashi sends her a glance with pity, but she's already deemed herself far too bitter and bothered to bounce back on her former state of mind. "It would be like if Naruto decided to lock Haruki up in this village because of her kekkei genkai! Absolutely ridiculous."

At the mention of Haruki, Kakashi's brow quirks. "How is she by the way? Anything new with that issue?" He asks, turning to Sasuke as well.

"Well she was at the fieldtrip with Runa and Hiko, but she called us to go get her and bring her back home early since-'' she pauses, looking around for any hint of prying eyes and curious ears. When she assures herself that they're alone, she turns back to kakashi.

"Sensei, she had a dream that showed her my mother's death" Haru whispered, leaned into the Hatake's ears with her hands covered over her lips as if she were trading him one of the worlds deadliest secrets. And maybe she was.

Kakashi leans back from Haru, absolutely stunned. His dark eyes practically bulge out of his head and he glances between Haru and Sasuke, wondering if he had somehow misheard. "What!?"

"You heard me! She called us crying and she couldn't even look at me when we got to her. Turns out she dreamt of what happened to my mom" Haru repeats, this time a bit louder and not so stereotypically secretive. She steps back and retreats to Sasuke's hold, her arms wrapping around his as she relives the incident.

"Luna? But how?" Kakashi asks, now entirely focused on the pair across from him.

"it must've been Kaguya. But we don't know much else as of right now" Sasuke sighed, frustration eating away at him and his lack of understanding about the whole thing.

He wished he could just protect her from every little danger the world fronted her with, but how could he if her number one enemy was trapped in her mind?

"She's torn up sensei it's horrible! I honestly left the house for a bit to give her some sense of peace. She's been locked in her room and barely lets us inside anymore" Haru says, running a hand through her hair and glancing back at Sasuke who shares the concerned look.

Kakashi stayed silent for a moment, clearly processing the bombshell of information that Haru just threw his way. This was bad, his instincts telling him that this could truly be the beginning of something huge, far beyond the scope of anything they've ever experienced as ninja.

Kaguya was a threat that nearly wiped out shinobi society as a whole. And even now she remains as a mysterious entity, her presence in the lives of Haru's family only calls for more questions, more concern. Kakashi could only wonder what was to come of this.

What did Kaguya want? How did Haru escape from her comatose state all those years ago? Why was Haruki shown a vision of Luna's untimely demise? How did Haru and Haruki's lineage link themselves to this entire mess? And what would come next?

The questions arising in Kakashi's head swirled and swarmed, but he figured that no one could be more concerned by any of this than the couple standing before him.

Though he wanted to voice his questions to them, he knew that his own questions were the same ones that have probably gone through their heads hundreds of times as Haruki's very own parents.

Kakashi's attention to detail has always been impeccable, and this was no exception.

He noticed the way Haru would bow her head a bit when she couldn't hold back the solemn look on her face when she thought no one was looking. He noticed how Sasuke's arm wrapped around Haru just a bit tighter than usual, he'd glance at her with worry in his eyes; somehow not masking it despite his reservations when it came to showing such emotions in public.

He felt pity for his old students at the moment. So, instead of bombarding them with the questions that were lingering on the tip of his tongue, he relaxed his expression.

With a now gentle smile, he reached out and placed a hand on Haru's shoulder. "It sounds like what Haruki needs now is some peace, she needs to see that you two are okay as well. Go relax for a bit, go back home with a clear mind for her. Let me know how it goes"

Haru could tell that Kakashi was more worried than he let on, but like the levelheaded sensei he's always been, he decides to think on the entire situation before giving any heavy advice. She returns his smile, leaning over and giving him a quick hug. "I'll let you know if anything, sensei!"

••Haru's POV/Later in the Day••

"I'll take these, thank you very much!" I snicker, quickly pulling away Sasuke's plate of fresh dango and ignoring his raised brows.

"I still cant believe you love those sweets that much" he muttered out the comment, a slightly worried glint in his eye as he broke apart his chopsticks and began stirring around his own plate of food.

"Mhm, y'know Shisui used to take me here when I was little? And Itachi would tag along sometimes." I comment, leaning over and eyeing Sasuke's plate curiously. "Actually, can you give me some of that too? I'll give you a bite of dango in exchange."

The offer is tempting, but as a man who doesn't like sweets, all he could do was raise a brow at my mischievous smile.

"Yeah I remember, and don't bother, you know I don't like dango" he rolls his eyes, still picking up some rice and meat with his chopsticks and leaning over to give me the serving.

We're currently at a restaurant that we used to frequent as children, located near the old Uchiha compounds. Little did I know when I was running around here with Itachi and Shisui as a little girl that I'd be here twenty-something years later with Sasuke as my husband!

The thought still blows my mind from time to time, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

This place ironically ended up serving as a perfect date spot for Sasuke and I since they had delicious cooked meals alongside a dessert option of dango, now that I thought about it, maybe this Is why Itachi always brought us here

Sasuke of course, reasonably and smartly, went for a traditional meal of onigri, and various sushi side dishes. I on the other hand kinda just....stuck with dango...

It's fine though! As Sasuke is willing to give me any of his plates if I asked! Hehe who would've thought!

"This is fun! We haven't been on a date in how long?" I ask, dropping my chin on my palms as I think to myself. Sasuke takes a sip of his drink, thinking himself as well.

"When Haruki and Runa were around one, so it's been ten years" He remembers easily. My eyes widen at the realization, both amazed and slightly fearful at how quickly time has managed to fly past me.

It felt like yesterday that I was around twelve years old myself, stuck on a genin team and trying to figure out my place in the world. It feels surreal to see my own girls go down a similar path!

With everything going on with our kids, Sasuke and I have been more stressed than ever before.

Somehow, this all beats Sasuke going out and fighting aliens a million miles away with Katsuro and Masahiko! While now I know they're safe and at home and I wouldn't change that feeling for the world, it just feels like everything else that could go wrong has gone wrong!

Especially with Haruki, much to our concern.

"The twins were just babies then, and it was before your coma" Sasuke remembered our last date very clearly,  as if it were yesterday to be exact. How could he not?

It was one of the last times he had alone with me before his departure from the leaf! A memory he cherished everyday while he was gone.

I blinked at him, a warm smile crossing my face, though, hints of sadness seeped through. "It has been a like million years huh? My coma really ruined everything, if I hadn't fallen then you never would've left-"

The hand on my thigh cuts my ramblings short, and I look at my husband with wide eyes.

"Don't blame yourself for anything. I left for the sake of everyone's safety. Kaguya was a threat we knew nothing about. I had to leave at one point or another" Sasuke tries reminding me, but we both know it was all far more than that.

My incident left him winded, he's terrified at the thought of loosing me again and I just know it's a driving factor to his constant travels. More so, with Haruki's recent issues I'm surprised he hasn't camped off to the moon to hunt the Otsutsuki's directly!

I maintain a neutral expression on my face, not wanting to worry him any more than I already probably have by bringing it all up again. but there's a nagging sensation that's been bugging me for a while now.

I can't help but wonder,

How the hell did I break out of that coma all those years ago? 

••Kirigakure, Third Person POV••

It was still morning time when Runa had gotten off the phone with her parents. And after their talk (Which resulted in a very angry father and concerned daughter), she was quick to get off of the phone and get ready for the day. Haruki hadn't answered her calls that morning, only leaving the young Uchiha princess to do what she did best.

Overthink and mentally slap herself over and over again!

Runa, although still having felt valid for requesting her space from Haruki, felt horribly guilty for how things had suddenly turned out. Though she's been told that Haruki only left because she was having those dreams (That couldn't possibly be so bad), Runa still felt something was wrong with the whole situation!

She didn't know if she was overreacting or not, but her twin senses were definitely tingling in alarm. And despite Haruki not answering her, she pushed on with her day either way.

Runa tried to block all of the concerns out of her head. If Haru didn't sound so stressed, why would she be?

With that spirit in mind, Runa spent little time choosing what to wear for the day ahead. She opted for her usual outfit consisting of her comfy sportswear that was sleek, pretty, and purple, all of her requirements for her clothes!

Also a little overpriced, but when your parents are Sasuke and Haru Uchiha does it really matter?

Today her waist length hair was pulled back into a slick ponytail, the glossy dark locks flowing behind her with every step she took.

Her face framing bangs (That made her resemble her older brother Katsuro a little too much at certain angles) Were left out of the ponytail, complimenting her features perfectly.

And so she was off, meeting with the rest of her classmates in the lobby of their hotel. But to her surprise, Masahiko is nowhere to be seen!

Her eyes quickly caught notice of her friends, Boruto, Inojin and Shikadai were hanging out with Mitsuki and Denki, two classmates of hers that she never really spoke much to. Cho-Cho was also with the group, her brow arching as she was listening to the boys talk.

"Hey, Nii-san isn't here?" Runa asks as soon as she approaches Cho-Cho, the Akimichi girl snacking on a new bag of chips she purchased yesterday. Cho-Cho gasps at her friend, nudging her in the shoulder with widened eyes.

"You called him nii-san! Have you two gotten closer?"

Runa pauses for a moment, her eyes widening for a moment in surprise at her own actions that Cho-Cho's just called out. She was right, Runa had just called him the affectionate term, and she hadn't thought much about it either. It just came naturally!

Internally, Runa felt herself warm up to the idea of calling him that casually. She always wanted her two older brothers to feel like family, and although her relationship with Katsuro hasn't evolved much from where it started, she couldn't say the same for her and Masahiko.

He was finally starting to feel like a big brother to her! Not just some intimidating stranger who she'd see once every couple of months! "Yeah, we have. It's weird that he isn't here though. He's usually the earliest!"

"Nah he hasn't showed up yet, but look at who's coming our way!" Cho-Cho exclaims. Runa turns curiously, her ponytail whipping around and nearly smacking both Shikadai and Boruto in the face (Though they expertly crouched to the ground and dodged)

"Runa your hair is a weapon in itself" Shikadai murmurs with a sweatdrop from his ducked down position, to which Boruto nods his head in agreement. "I don't think she's cut it in the last five years-"

"Of course I cut my hair idiots!" Runa scoffs, sending the two boys a bothered glare before setting her sights back on the object of Cho-Cho's affections who had just approached their group. Kagura had a polite smile on his face, one that had many of the girls swooning in their spots when slightly bowed.

"Hello everyone, I hope you rested well. Please follow me to take part in today's activities." His gentle and kind voice spoke. Runa quirked a brow, all the more curious about the magenta eyed boy she's never put much thought into before.

He had spent all of yesterday with Haruki, after their fight and before her sudden leaving. Maybe she should talk to him to try and get some answers...

"So new day today huh? What a drag." Shikadai spoke out loud as he and the rest of his class followed Kagura. Boruto snickered before turning back to Iwabe, chastising him for yesterday's events that happened between all of them.

"Iwabe! Don't go running off again. Damn, getting involved with that weird guy. If we weren't around there would've been a fight for sure!" Boruto exclaimed, a bit cocky in his delivery but that wasn't new to anybody.

Boruto's had an air of confidence washed over him since the day he was born, and as naturally talented as he truly was, Runa often times found herself wanting to wipe that stupid smirk off of his face-

"Sorry about that. Some people in town don't like having outsiders coming around." Kagura mentioned, glancing back at Boruto with a concerned expression.

"No worries" Boruto waved off Kagura's apologies with that smirk he always wears on his face. "There are guys like that everywhere. Another guy who looked pretty strong stepped in and stopped him."

Runa perked up at the mention of a stronger shinobi in Boruto's story, her dark perfectly plucked brow rising curiously. "Looked strong?" Both she and Kagura asked at the same time. In surprise at the coincidence, they glanced at each other for a wisp of a moment.

She awkwardly averted her eyes from his, but Kagura's gaze lingered on her for a moment, as if he was studying her.

"Hey nevermind that. Where are we going next?" Cho-Cho asked.

Kagura, who still added his magenta eyes focused on Runa swiftly turned to smile at Cho-Cho. "Oh, I'm going to take you to meet someone. Initially they had a meeting with Masahiko alone, but since your field trip was formed they expanded the meeting to you all as well!"

"Ah so that's why Hiko isn't with us today. He's already in a meeting?" Boruto asked the rhetorical question more so to himself, with his hands shoved in the pockets of his black jacket.

Again, Runa's curiosity was piqued. Who could this person who wanted a private meeting with Masahiko be?! Does this have to do with his extra cool ninja work?! Runa always wanted to know more about Hiko's whereabouts and what he'd actually do as a ninja, but he never really disclosed anything.

Hell, he even kept this mission a secret from her when she asked!

"Someone? Is he handsome? Maybe someone like Masahiko?!" Cho-Cho gasped excitedly, a blush on her cheeks that had Runa wanting to barf on the side.

"Oh c'mon Cho-Cho! That's my brother!" Runa whined, shaking her head at the swooning sighs of the girls all around her as they thought of Konoha's precious stormy pince.

"Oh? So many cute visitors" A new voice suddenly spoke, coming from the shadows of a darkened hallway. Everyone turned to the voice curiously, and Runa felt her eyes widen at the sight of the woman before her.

Analytically, Runa's dark eyes gazed at the woman from the soles of her shoes to the top of her hair.

The newcomer was an older woman, clearly around her grandma (Or auntie, as she preferred to be called) Tsunade's age. She's also tall, just a tiny bit shorter than her mother, Haru.

A slender woman with fair skin and green eyes, auburn hair, a top-knot tied with a dark blue band, and with four bangs at the front. Two bangs are short, with one covering her right eye, and two are long, crossing each other on her bust, just below her chin.

She wears a long-sleeved, dark blue dress that falls just below the knees. It seems to be closed at the front with a zipper, and is kept open on the front-right side from the waist down. High-heeled sandals similar to the ones her auntie Sakura used to wear before her pregnancy, dark blue nail polish on her fingers, and minor wrinkles near the corners of her lips.

Runa recognized her instantly from all of her studies.

This woman was a former mizukage!!

Confirming Runa's thoughts, Kagura smiled "This is Lady Mei, the previous Mizukage. She was a part of the war effort towards the end of the Great Ninja War, and later helped lay the foundation for the village's growth and expansion."

"Enough already that was all in the past!" Mei chuckled, flattered by the acknowledgment as she turned around. Runa and Cho-Cho shared a curious glance before the group began to move forwards again.

"It's now the era for young people like you, not us. Right, Kagura?" Mei smiled.

Kagura looked rather downcast at the sudden spotlight that's been placed upon him, "No, I- '' He trailed off, eyes gazing down at the ground as he continued to walk by her side. Lady Mei sighed, as if she already knew what he would've said without him actually speaking.

Luckily for Kagura, it seemed like the hallway was coming to a dead end towards their destination. There were two grand doors, coated with a rich blue paint and proud silver markings of metal intricately carved on the surface.

Runa felt her eyes widen at the sight of the large entryway, slowly connecting the dots of just who they were all getting ready to meet.

"Oh! We're here!" Lady Mei smiled, sending Kagura a curt glance, as if acknowledging his luck. "Please excuse us!" Kagura suddenly announced to the person indoors, before opening the doors.

Runa glanced around the large room in surprise. The clean carpeted blue floors and large paneled windows that give the beautiful views of the city, The desk located at the center of the room and the Mizukage's cloak hung at the nearest wall, this was the Mizukage's office! And sitting at the center of it all at that very same desk was the newest Mizukage himself.

A man with short light blue hair, dark eyes, and from the smile on his face Runa noted his pointy shark like teeth! He's wearing square, black-rimmed glasses and a blue pin-striped shirt and camouflage pattern pants.

'Wow, the fashion here is so blue! Hiko and Haruki must fit in well,' Runa thought to herself, snorting at the thought of Masahiko even caring about the latest trends in fashion.

Speaking of Masahiko, to her surprise, he's standing right there! Well, actually he's sitting in front of the Mizukage's desk, a stern look on his face as his eyes scan the group of children in front of him. His presence earns some adoring looks from her classmates, but Runa can't help the way curiosity floods in her head.

He always looks serious, sure, but right now he looks extra serious!

"They're all here!" Lady Mei announced, tearing Runa's gaze away from Hiko and towards the two generations of kage.

"Thank you very much. It's very nice to meet all of you. I'm Chojuro, the current Mizukage. Thank you for traveling so far from the Hidden Leaf village to the Hidden Mist Village. I welcome you all." She along with the rest of the students bow out of politeness, and she begins paying attention to the shinobi's words.

"As you all know, we agreed to host your field trip believing that it will promote development between our villages and strengthen goodwill. Peace has been achieved but in reality-" Runa listened along, nodding with every other sentence in understanding as the Mizukage spoke.

But suddenly, from the corner of her eye she catches Boruto letting out a yawn, and her eye twitches at the sight. It was as if it were a light switch. Whatever rosy eyed haze she found herself in with Boruto after that boat trip has been completely tarnished as a very familiar irk mark appears at the corner of her forehead.

How could he be so unprofessional?!

The glare she sends him could freeze over hell itself, and she sneakily makes her way over to him, not making much of a fuss in order to not disrupt the Mizukage's little speech.

"Pay attention!" Runa whispered with a scowl on her face, glancing around to make sure no one had noticed their little spat. It seemed like she had already managed to forget the boat scene that was plaguing her mind earlier whenever it came to him. Now, it was business as usual for the pair.

Boruto rolled his eyes, not nearly as stuck up about the situation as the Uchiha princess by his side. "I know I should, but basically all he wants to say is let's get along right? But he's rambling on and on..." He tells her languidly, barely letting back yet another yawn.

"Wha- Boruto you can't just doze off in front of the mizukage! How'd you think that'll make the rest of us look?!" She whispered yet again, dark eyes sharply darting around them once again.

"Oh c'mon it's like we're back in class! I'm not good with stuff like this" He tells her, again, uncaring of the situation at hand.

Before Runa could smack him upside the head like she really wanted to, a cold chill runs down her back, and she finds herself freezing in place. It seemed like Boruto felt the same effect, tensing up seemingly out of thin air. It didn't take long for them to notice just what had their fight or flight senses reacting that way.

Two ruby red eyes locked on the pair.

Masahiko was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest and a bored look on his face. Ironically, even the most bored expression he makes could come off as intimidating, and this was the perfect example of it.

One quick look at Masahiko was enough to virtually send Runa running for the hills, though, she couldn't just run out of the mizukage's office like a mad woman, so instead she fearfully let out a squeak and took a generous step backwards.

Boruto felt tense as well, though not petrified enough to jolt backwards like Runa had, he definitely averted his gaze sheepishly to the ground and made sure he kept his lips shut; embarrassed he got caught yawning his life away.

Masahiko sighed, rolling his eyes at the two before glancing up at Chojuro.

When would this meeting finally end?

"I guess what I've been meaning to say was, let's all get along. And yet, in order to express something so simple, a long dragged out speech is necessary for us adults. That's because our villages were once foes and we once caused so much bloodshed that we were once called the Blood Mist Village."

Runa quirked a brow. Blood mist Village? Huh, fitting that Katsu was born here then

"However, you all are different. You have faith that tragic histories like ours could be overcome easily, and that a new future could be forged."

The dark haired Uchiha feels herself shift at that. Tragic histories...she always wondered, what were some of the tragedies her own parents faced? They grew up in on of the most turbulent era's for shinobi, and she was aware that both of their parents passed away while they were still young.

Though, she couldn't even think to imagine the magnitude of traumas and hardship they endured to reach where they are today. Since they never really talked to her about their lives as kids, She always assumed they at least had semi peaceful lives.

Especially when it came to her mother, Runa knew she had gone through the war, and she knew she had Katsuro pretty young but...was that it? Haru seemed very loved by konoha even today, she doesn't seem to hold any resentment, so Runa's assumptions were purely innocent.

As for her father, Runa barely knew him in the first place! All she knew was that he had an older brother named itachi, and that her mother adored him.

That's all.

"Please get along with the Hidden Mist. And please enjoy yourselves and have lots of fun!" Chojuro smiled, claiming Runa's attention once more.

Huh...what did they go through, if anything at all?

The group of children all agreed with his cheery commands, and before anyone knew it they were all being dismissed out into the hallway, ready to go on with their day's worth of adventure.

"Oh man did you see the look Hiko gave me when he caught me yawning?! I totally got flustered" Runa overhead Boruto talking to his friends outside, and she simply sighed to herself. She wondered what could've possibly been going on in her older brother's mind, he was just impossible to read!

It made her wonder how her parents always seemed to do it so effortlessly...

"Runa? What are you just standing there for? Let's go!" Cho-Cho's voice promptly snapped her out of her thoughts. With another sigh, Runa trudged along.

God, why were all of her siblings so difficult?

••••••••

Runa was in awe of just how pretty the Village Hidden in The Mist was. The group led by Kagura walked into the grandiose hall, a large fountain lit up by fluorescent colored lights, emitting beautiful waves down into a pool of water right in the center of the room.

She was staring up at the fountain, mesmerised by all of the pretty colors shining through the water; almost like a kitten following its toy. Boruto was on the same boat as she was, completely distracted by the cool attraction.

Though while she was perched atop one of the seating areas, Boruto was far more hands on and standing right in front of the fountain.

Starts thinking about how Haruki would've loved to see it too

"Please wait here while I check us in. Then I'll take you around our village's notable sites." Kagura says this then walks away, Runa watches him go curiously.

"He seems like a man who has great prospects for the future!" Cho-Cho exclaims

"Huh? Are you talking about Kagura?" Denki, a fellow classmate and friend of Boruto asks. He's much more of the studious type, not traditionally what one would expect when speaking of academy students in the ninja branch, but he's followed his goals with to get here Boruto's help nonetheless.

"Who else would I be talking about? Masahiko disappeared again so Kagura's the only one left! He's considerate towards others and he's competent!" Cho-cho scoffs.

Runa's expression turns sour in unease at the unprovoked praise her elder brother receives. She knows he's well loved and respected in the village, but she also knows that there's a good percentage of people who only seem to praise his looks and stoic character.

Unfortunately, Cho-Cho seems to be a part of that Statistic.

"Kagura Karatachi. He became a Hidden Mist Chunin two years ago. It seems he's a close aide to the sixth Mizukage." Mitsuki notes.

"Wow you sure do know a lot" Runa mumbled before taking a sip of her soda, tearing her eyes away from Kagura's retreating figure.

"It was just some things I heard when I was in the hidden sound." He smiles, leaving Runa to quirk her brows curiously.

Hidden sound village? I wonder what it's like there... she thinks to herself.

"Yeah? Anything else?" Boruto asks, approaching the group just in time to have listened to Mitsuki's intel.

"He's been chosen as a successor for the new Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist. And to be the successor of the current Mizukage's sword."

Now this catches Runa's attention. She gasps right alongside Shikadai, and the two of them turn to Mitsuki with widened eyes. "You mean the seven ninja swordsmen of the mist?"

"What's that?" Boruto wonders out loud, leaving Runa to huff at his lack of history understanding. 

"You really don't pay attention in History class, do you?

"What a drag" Shikadai groaned, shaking his head at his friend. Runa doesn't bother enough to listen, instead leaning her chin on her palm and drinking through the can of soda in other hand.

Curiously, Runa's gaze flashes around her group of friends as she thinks of who to join for today's activities. She assumed she wouldn't be training with Masahiko today since- well hadn't they already trained so much over the last couple of days?

She didn't want to take up too much of his vacation time either, so with that assumption in mind her gaze naturally shifted back to her best friend Cho-Cho.

In the back of her mind, she bitterly noted how amongst all of her peers Haruki was nowhere to be seen. Today would've been a perfect day to hang out with her like she initially wanted, but now she's gone.

Runa had to remind herself to not be so dramatic, that Haruki was just home and recovering from some restless nights! Though she sighed, realizing that everything she did reminded her of her sister.

Maybe she's more attached than she initially thought...

Cho-Cho turns to Runa, taking a bite out of one of her chips with an arched brow. She could tell that her friend was deep in thought, and Cho-cho suspected it had something to do with the missing Uchiha princess.

"Hey what'd you want to do today? I think we should go to that really famous bakery by the shore-" Unknowingly, her words meant to help Runa stop thinking about her sister somehow made it all worse.

••Runa Flashback••

"Eek it's gonna be so fun! I hear they have a famous sweets shop where everything they sell is sea themed! Mermaid cake pops and seashell cupcakes! Are you coming with?" Haruki asks, turning to me hopefully with those big sparkling eyes.

"And third wheel you and Inojin? I'd rather not." I snort, to which she pouts by my side.

"I'd never let you third wheel! Plus I wanted it to be just you and me today! We haven't gone out together in a long time." She complains, tugging at my arm and swaying me a bit as if she were trying to convince me.

It's true, Haruki and I haven't hung out on our own outside of home in a very long time. Things are changing though! My time's been taken up by my training with Masahiko, and Ruki's always just...away.

"Please Runa? I've missed hanging out with you! I love our friends but we're sisters y'know?" She asks, smiling hopefully.

A sigh escapes my lips, and I turn to her with a knowing gaze.

"Ruki, of course I know we're sisters. We already see each other every day! And Hiko promised he'd teach me some newer stuff when we land, I can't just miss out on training to go eat some cupcakes. Mind you, I don't even like cupcakes." I sigh, the two of us tending to our own cosmetic tasks as we hold a conversation.

Well, Ruki's paused in her ministrations, powder puff frozen in her hand as she sulks at my response.

••Runa's Flashback ends••

Runa wanted to scream at herself, she truly did. How could she even consider going out with her friends when she shut down Haruki without a second thought?!

She was brutally aware of how easy it was for her to reject Haruki, a realization that only made her feel all the more guilty.

Was seeing Haruki as competition really changing her in such a cruel way?

"Aw man looks like we can't go, your brother looks pissed" Cho-Cho complains out loud, suddenly snapping Runa out of her mental maze. It was yet another thing that made her feel like she was constantly changing.

Runa's never been one to zone out all that much and daydream her life away, that was much more of a Haruki thing, but as of late she'd find her head running in loops as she tried to process all of her emotions.

God, what was happening to her?!

Runa glanced up at Masahiko, noting that yes. He did look rather pissed. Was it a natural look on him? Yes. But still as scary as ever no matter how many times she saw it.

Maybe it's because he looked just like mom whenever she was getting ready to scream her lungs out at Runa-

They made eye contact from across the room, and one single nod from Hiko was enough communication Runa needed. With a parting look towards Cho-Cho, she followed after him when he turned her back to her and went off in another direction.

Once they reached the location where she assumed they'd be training, Runa finally turned to Hiko with a frown on her face. Now that they were alone, she wanted to ask some questions.

"Nii-san, have you spoken to Haruki as of late? Like do you know what's going on with her?" She frowned, tugging at her ponytail as a small way to ignore his pointed eye contact.

Masahiko, though a severely quiet and reserved individual, had eyes that could pierce through anyone's soul, and Runa's was no exception. If Masahiko were to suddenly come out with the news that he was a mind reader, Runa definitely wouldn't be surprised.

Masahiko didn't give much of a reaction when questioned, his silence only making Runa feel a bit nervous. What? Had he heard something bad? Was she in trouble somehow?!

Of course, Masahiko knew everything that was going on behind the scenes with his little sister. He knew about the fight she and Runa had, he knew about the nightmare she had, he knew that their parents went and picked her up, and he even knew that they all left the tundra in favor of returning to Konoha.

A smart move considering Haruki's current need for stability and comfort.

Not only had Haru made a habit of calling her son every morning ever since the Shin situation, but to his surprise, Sasuke also called him that same morning.

He didn't know what he was expecting from his fathers call, but it definitely wasn't getting his ear bitten off from the older Uchiha because he let Runa and Boruto run off together alone!

Sigh, Masahiko tolerated many things, but playing babysitter to the hokage's son and his little sister wasn't something he'd ever voluntarily sign up for.

However, with how bothered Sasuke sounded over the phone, it seemed like the stormy prince would have to just power through it.

As long as he completed this idiotic kiddie mission, he'd be back to doing what he enjoyed most! Training, spying on other countries, and even more training. The dream!

He watched as Runa nervously shifted her weight from side to side as she awaited his response, biting her inner cheek in a silenced anxiousness as she wanted to learn more of her sister's conditions.

Masahiko understood what she was going through, to an extent.

He'd never fully understand Haruki and Runa's bond. A connection between twins has always been said to be one of the most unique and sacred bonds to be had; and this could officially be counted as the first time the girls have ever been separated from each other.

It's a new feeling, one she's learning to live with no matter how short lived the experience may be. In some ways, Masahiko appreciates the fact that they've been separated.

Haruki has always been far too dependent on Runa, a bit clingy and scared to let go of her for even the smallest of things.

Masahiko recalls them as little toddlers, the way Haruki would always anxiously watch on Runa from afar as she played and roughed around with all of their friends. She was glued to her fathers lap then, a teddy bear in her arms and a frown on her little face as she internally battled going out and playing with the rest of the kids as well.

Haruki's grown up a lot since then, but still. Sometimes he sees her as the little girl who needs her hand held and her sister by her side, but-

He's seen other sides of her as well. Sides that Runa couldn't even know existed.

Runa's always been the one to never need her, the one running off into the sunlight without ever needing to look back because she knows that Haruki would be right behind her.

Though now she's gone, Masahiko wondered if Runa would continue running foward.

And It seemed like instead of running, Runa's tripped up.

She's cracking under the weight of loneliness and it hasn't even been an entire day, no matter how many friends and family members are by her side, she knows her twin isn't with her. Masahiko grew fairly intrigued as he watched it all go down from the sidelines, this was an outcome he didn't expect.

Her mind isn't here, with her, all in one place. It's scattered, frantically reaching away to try and grasp at her sister, but to no avail. No matter how much her mother re-assured her that everything was fine, Runa just couldn't believe her. Not until she saw Haruki with her own two eyes, or at the very least listened to her sister's voice.

Again, Masahiko understood to an extent. He too was concerned. His mind was racing with ways and theories to try and rid his little sister of her seemingly incurable and bizarre disease bestowed upon her by their Otsutsuki ancestor.

But he still felt a rather uncomfortable disconnect between him and his younger siblings, one that stemmed from his childhood. He's tried working on it slowly, opened up a bit to Runa and even grew a bit closer to Haruki herself.

But still, something about him openly showing his worry in the same way that Runa would just felt...awkward.

So in a way that his mother would scold him for, he pressed his feelings on the matter deep down. He insisted on thinking logically for everyone's sake, a trait he's had since he was a young boy. And though it wasn't necessarily bad, a few healthy talks of his emotions surely wouldn't hurt every once in a while.

Though, the last time he had a talk like that was around two years ago when his father told him about his uncle Itachi's life story. Ever since, Masahiko has resorted to his calculated and detached way of processing things.

Including this.

"Haruki's fine, I spoke with our parents this morning. She just needs rest." He sighed, knowing very well that the problem was much bigger; and called for far more concern than he was relaying to Runa.

Her shoulders sagged, a bit disappointed with the lack of details that Masahiko refused to spare.

She knew that he knew more than he let on. Of course he did!

There was no way their mom didn't update him on every single little thing that was happening, so she was a bit bummed to learn that she wouldn't be getting any more news from the best news source around!

"Well what'd you and dad talk about? Anything new? I can't believe he's home" She asked, earning yet another tired sigh from the prince himself.

"He told me to keep an eye on you and Boruto...Also threatened to not take me with him on his upcoming travels if I refused"

Runa gasped horrified at the thought of her dad being hung up over what happened between her and the Uzumaki boy, only to be cut off from Masahiko shaking his head at her. "Don't worry, I heard mom scream at him after he said that so I'll be fine."

Runa stifled a laugh at that, her parent's tumultuous behavior becoming somewhat natural to her the more she's gotten to know the two of them as a couple. If there was one thing Runa knew for certain at this point, it was that her mom would always defend them from their fathers strictness.

"So what are we doing today? It better be good, Shika was planning on teaching me how to beat the first level of that new video game he's been playing-"

"The first level? Isn't that just the tutorial stage?" Masahiko suddenly blanched, earning a sulky expression from Runa. Her head dropped, dark wisps of hair covering her face as blue lines floated all around her. Not Masahiko too!

Masahiko quirked a brow, huh, their mom usually does the same thing-

"It may be the tutorial stage, but it's tricky okay!" She whined, awfully embarrassed by the bemused look in her brother's eyes. His lack of response didn't help, and she waved her arms around in a weak attempt of averting the conversation back to where it started.

"Please, just tell me what we're doing today!"

"Today I'm teaching you how to wield a sword." Masahiko claimed, the hands on hips and mean glint in his eye telling her that he was not in the mood for messing around in today's training session.

"Really?! But I thought you said I had to get better at my taijutsu before I could start!" Runa couldn't contain her excitement, stepping towards him with her hands clasped in front of her as if she couldn't believe it.

Masahiko had to hold back the feeling of a smile at the sight of her excitement.

"Yes, your taijutsu is at the level it needs to be at to start kenjutsu training. You're talented Runa, you learn quickly."

She felt giddy at the praise, though she didn't dare show it in fear of Masahiko taking back his statement over her 'childish behavior' as he sometimes phrased it.

"So where's my sword?! Can we go back to the katana shop and look at all of the cool shiny ones?! Or-"

Suddenly, a stick was thrown her way. A frail, weak looking wooden stick. She caught it out of reflex, blinking down at the stick with confusion before glancing up at her brother.

"W-what's this?" She blabbered out, suddenly feeling a bit frightened at the glint of amusement in Masahiko's ruby red eyes. Masahiko? Amused? Looking kinda evil while at it?!

For some reason he's starting to remind her of their eldest brother Katsuro, and the thought of Masahiko resembling him in the slightest has Runa wanting to run for the hills!

And oh god-Her dad isn't here to protect her!

"Think fast" Was all masahiko said, before Runa could even think she was kicked to the ground with the sharp blade of a sword glinting at her throat. She's winded, blinking up at the sky.

Oh may the lord please help her—

•••••••

Runa enters her designated Hotel room, her boots dragging against the ground and her head bowed from exhaustion. Masahiko really wasn't pulling back in the slightest now, pushing her well beyond her limits with zero mercy.

She wasn't upset though, this was exactly what she wanted! More intense training meant that she was slowly gaining the strength and abilities to handle such conquests, so Masahiko clearly thought she was improving!

Still, intense training also meant intense repercussions for the body. And boy did her body feel like it was in shambles.

She raised her hands to her face and rubbed at her eyes, feeling a weight on her eyelids worth a hundred tons from the soreness withering away at her muscles and the fluffy hotel bed calling her name.

Still, her brain rang with annoyance knowing she had to shower and rid herself from all this sweat before she could plop down on her bed. And so she did.

With the scalding hot water running down her back, Runa rubbed the jasmine scented pink lather into her skin. She glanced down at her body, noticing the faint lines of muscle that have recently been forming on her abdomen, and the newfound muscles gaining strength in her thighs.

The showering managed to wake her up a bit, and the hot water did provide some relief for her aching muscles, but the heaviness weighing down at her seemed to be something that a nice shower couldn't fix.

In reality, she knew what was really bothering her. She hasn't heard a peep from Haruki since their argument! Throughout the day she caught herself glancing down at her phone screen what felt like a hundred times, but not a single new message has popped up!

Well, she did receive a selfie from her mom, apparently she was on a date with dad? He was in the picture too, though he looked blurred as if he was trying to get away whereas Haru was smiling prettily at the camera. She sent the picture along with "We miss you love!"

Runa snorted at the picture, shaking her head at her mom's antics. She couldn't believe that just a week ago she was accusing her parents of not being in love with each other!

The two of them were clearly perfect for one another, and Runa doesn't think she's ever seen her father smile as much as he does whenever he's with Haru.

It made Runa feel a bit guilty when she was left alone to think to herself after everything had transpired.

She never realized how difficult it must've been for her mom to be away from her husband for so long. She always put all of her focus on the boys, but she never stopped to think about how terribly Haru must've been missing Sasuke.

After her shower, Runa stepped back in her room feeling a bit rejuvenated. No longer feeling the aching soreness in her bones, or the grimy sweat lingering on her skin, she was finally ready to sleep.

However- she probably stopped in her tracks when her eye caught something new. Runa felt curiosity bubbling in her chest at the sight of a neatly wrapped box laying atop her bed.

It was rectangular in shape, and had small butterfly shaped engravings covering the expanse of the box's fabric.

'What could this be?' She thought to herself, gingerly rubbing at her eyes before climbing onto her bed and blinking down at the untouched box.

Without much thought, she lifts the lid, and arches a brow at the fancy fabric clearly covering the contents of the box. She lifts that as well, and gasps at the sight beneath her, recognition ringing in her head.

••Flashback••

"Wow, the Hidden Mist Village is really something!" I say out loud, eyes roaming over all of the different colored and sized swords lining the walls of a nearby shop.

It's a weapons store very similar to the one auntie Tenten runs back in Konoha, but this one seems far more specialized in Katana's.

Masahiko raises a brow at my intrigue, taking note of the sword I'm paying the most attention to. It's a medium sized katana with a sharp silver blade.

The hilt is what initially catches my attention, it's a beautiful shade of lilac with subtle periwinkle shimmers laced in the material; giving it a sort of color shifting effect.

The cover of the katana is equally as beautiful, with intricate purple and blue stitching creating the forms of butterflies and other tiny details.

There's a blank space meant for the embroidery of a clan symbol on the katana's hilt, and I can't help but imagine a little stitched Uchiha clan fan taking it's spot. The blade itself is a reflective silver that glints enticingly even under the protective shade of the shop's roof.

••Flashback ends••

She stared down at that very same sword she fell in love with the other day while walking around with Masahiko. She couldn't believe this!! Masahiko had gotten this impeccable weapon, for her? A present? From Masahiko?! For her?!

Attached was a note from her elder brother, elegant and neat hand writing scribbled onto the ivory parchment. 'I hope you like it...train with this, if it feels right then you could make it a part of your fighting. Let me know.'

She could practically hear his languid voice uttering the words, and she quite literally has to stop herself from running over to his room and attacking him in a giant hug. It may not have been much to any other sibling duo, but for them this was huge! They had gone from barely knowing each other to this, and she was just so happy she could barely contain it!

The smile on Runa's face was incontrollable as she took the sword in her hand, holding it up to the light and watching it shine in awe. It was a bit heavier than she expected it to be, a certain amount of muscle would definitely required to even carry such a regal artifact.

She managed though, and giddily held it close to her face in order to focus on all of the elegant craftsmanship that went into designing the mantle of the sword. The small butterflies engraved into the sparkling periwinkle fabric only enchants her further.

She glanced back down to the box to sort through all of the pretty gifting paper, and It was then that she noticed a string attached to the hilt, a string with a small scroll tied to its other end.

She raised a brow, carefully placing her new sword back down on the bed and curiously tugging at the lilac ribbon holding it all together so that the scroll would open itself. Her eyebrows raised as she did so, especially when the contents of the scroll were revealed.

Summoning contract

By signing your name above the intended line, you will form a contract with a species of sacred butterflies. Mythology suggests such creatures were formed on the moon, and only a certain group of people will be accepted by the summonings.

By placing a drop of your blood beside your signed name, you will either be rejected, or accepted. If rejected, there is nothing more you could do. However, if you are accepted, prepare to embark on a spiritual journey; one where you'll be able to connect with those on earth, and those who have left long before you.

Sign below

Reika Hyuga
• Aiko Senju
• Asuka Senju
• Luna Senju

Runa felt her mind melt into a confused state as she continuously read over the document. Spiritual journey? Rejection? Those on earth and those who left before her?! Furthermore, one particular name signed in probably the most elegant hand writing she had ever seen stood out to her.

Luna Senju.

Her grandmother?! Rationally, she thought to immediately call her own mother. To get her input on this, and to make sense of it all. Could this have possibly been her grandma Luna's old summoning contract?! It had to be the same her right?!

Hell, of course it was! How many Luna Senju's were around back in the day? Just one!

Another part of Runa however, was far too curious, far too childlike, far too hellbent on the idea of possibly having a leg up over a certain sister (Though, she wouldn't dare admit it out loud) whenever it came to having a connection to her mothers side of the family.

It was always, 'Haruki resembles Luna so much!' and never 'Luna would've loved both of the girls so much!' A that dark jealousy of Runa's was only growing the longer she thought about it. And rather quickly, all rationale flew past her mind. No more calling Haru, now she was going to do this on her own accord.

Plus, what's the harm? If she gets rejected then that'll be the end of that!

So without much further thought, she grabbed a near by pen, picked up a kana from her pouch, and neatly wrote her name below her grandmothers. With the kunai, she pricked her finger and allowed of droplet of blood to fall on the space right next to her writing.

At first, she thought nothing happened. Had she been rejected? But then-

Runa gasped at the sight of a butterfly with large, sparkling purple wings fluttering around her, its wings glimmering with every ounce of light it catches. Curiously, she reached her hand out towards the butterfly. It slowly lowered towards her hand, and the second it made contact with the tip of her finger--

Gone, she was out like a light.

Her body slumped lifelessly against her bed, her soul abandoning it's host and traveling towards another world. The world of those who left this great earth long before her.

And waiting for her, was a young woman with long white hair, ruby red eyes, and open arms.

••••••••••

Omg!! Helloo my lovely readers! How'd you guys feel about this chapter?!

Omg, thoughts on SasuHaru's date?! 💖Not kakashi crashing wnwnwn 💀

Did you guys enjoy the insight to Sasuke's thoughts and the way he's been processing everything?

Do we want more sasuharu next chap? (I'm a sucker for them being domestic their kids are all just so dramatic we barely have time for it nfkjeanwjl)

And Haru! Omg thoughts on her this chap?

Omg onto Runa, what'd you guys think abt her and Boruto putting the entire boat scene behind them? They went back to their old ways real quick LMAO

And OMGG so many of you guys guessed it! Thoughts on big brother Hiko getting Runa her first sword? 😭

And thoughts on Runa's summoning contract? She could now summon butterflies!! 💖

And o.m.g. Grandma Luna!? World where 'those have left long before' reside?! What do you think is going on with that?!

Notice how Haru had an affinity for butterflies in all of her book covers, and Luna has always been able to contact her- hmm, is anyone connecting the dots?

Thoughts on Masahiko in this chap? ❤️ Such a good big brother 😭

Do you have any predictions when it comes to Runa's new abilities?!

How about Haruki, how do you think she's going to react to all of this?

Have you all noticed how conflicted Runa is when it comes to Haruki? Such a whirlwind of emotions she could barely keep her mind straight fnjfjaij

Predictions on the next chap?

This chap was originally wayyyy longer, but I wanted to upload tonight so I just cut it in half LOL.

If you have any extra thoughts, opinions, or predictions make sure to lmk in the comments! You know I love reading them!

Princess Runa Picrew Art:

As always tysm for reading!! I'll you all next chap!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 3.6K 57
Naruko is naruto's twin sister... The girl that also have a beast inside of her and wants to be the strongest kunouchi. Sasuke is a lone Uchiha survi...
1.1M 36.8K 86
Haru Oshiro Senju returns to the leaf! Though she's not the same innocent genin that left, she comes back a beautiful kunoichi! She's instantly give...
826 9 8
Naruto was bullied and neglected by his own family, and mistreated by his twin brother leading Naruto to be forced out on the streets. One day Naruto...