The Light of Seto Kaiba's Life

By kitty_kat1298

SEQUEL TO DOMINO'S NEW GIRL! Julia Williams and Seto Kaiba have been going through a lot since the kidnappin... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Living a New Fearful Life
One Long Thursday
Date Night with Interruptions
AUTHOR'S NOTE
The Duel of Her Life
I Will Do Whatever I Can to Protect You
So Much Happening at Once
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Meeting Old Friends; New Plans for the Family
Party Planning and Heartbreak
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Old Friend with a New Duel
Murderous
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Busy Sunday
Preston's Party Part 1
Preston's Party Part 2
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Preston's Party Part 3
New News and Special Events
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Gender Reveal
Something Definitely Unexpected
Realizing What Happened

Sunday Plans

99 4 2
By kitty_kat1298

Previously...

"You're lucky I'm still standing in front of you." I heard her whimper, which really killed me. "I can't go through that, especially with my son and my daughter." Oh, my God. All I could do was fall to my knees again.

"Please.. Don't take my kids away from me!" I spoke out to her, begging basically and I do look and feel helpless at this point. Me, Seto Kaiba is begging to keep my kids. I never thought I would stoop down to this level of weak.

Julia was watching me, and it seemed she was out of words as well. At least I thought she was out.

"Don't hit me again, or even my children." I watched her head over to the door, and then she paused. "I love you, I'm going to check on Preston. I'm sleeping on the couch tonight."

She was out of the room before I could say anything else.

But, why did I do that?

Why would I hit my wife?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julia's POV

A few days have passed since Seto hit me, and he tried to make things better as an apology. Doing things so apologetically is not in his nature, so I guess he really did realize that Preston, our daughter, and I will leave. He has done some cleaning around the house for me, not working as much surprisingly, made dinner the passed few days, gave me money to go threat myself for a day, it's very weird of him to do all of this. Seto won't even let me near that office since I'm pregnant and it's really annoying.

"Mommy, what's for breakfast today?" Preston asked me as I was stirring up some waffle mix together. 

"It's a surprise, honey. Go wake up your uncle and play with him for a little bit. I'll call you when it's ready." I told him, as he walked away holding a bottle of water. 

I checked the clock on the kitchen wall, and it read 7:56 in the morning. I sighed and opened the fridge to get a bottle of water for myself. Turning the lid and hearing that cracking noise was very refreshing. The first sip of that water tasted like heaven, drinking water in the morning when you wake up is very healthy for you. 

"Good morning, babe." I turn over to see my husband standing there, turning on the coffee pot. 

"Morning." I leaned against the counter, rubbing my bump. 

"Good morning, Emerly." I looked at him confused, then I got the idea. 

"Wait. Seto, who is Emerly?" I asked him, as he added his honey portion to his coffee and started to stir it together with the spoon. 

"Our daughter. I thought of it this morning when I woke up." He glanced over at the waffle mix I stirred up and went underneath.

"Oh, it's beautiful. I like it." I admitted, honestly really liking the name. "Are you helping me with breakfast?" 

Seto got the waffle maker from underneath and placed it on the counter.

"I can if you need it. What did you plan on making besides waffles?" How did he know I was making waffles?

"Uh, eggs and I was going to make a fruit mix. How did you know I was making waffles?" Then I remembered I was on the phone last night with Yugi about today's plan.

"I heard you talking on the phone before bed. You brought it up to whoever you were talking to." He said, making me feel a little dumb. Oh well, but I got the eggs out of the fridge along with 3 apples and the package of blueberries. 

"I was talking to Yugi last night, I was on the phone with him discussing today's plan so I could drop him off over there for a couple hours today." I got out a bowl and cracked 6 eggs into it stirring them together with salt and pepper with a fork.

"Do you have an appointment for the baby today?" He asked me, and I shook my head. As I was putting the egg mixture in a pan, he was putting the waffle mix into the maker machine. 

"No, I have the appointment for her on Thursday." It's currently Sunday, but I had plans today with Tea. "I have plans today with Tea, I'm going to pick her up after breakfast."

"Well I can watch over Preston. I'm not working today." Seto argued, flipping the machine over to the waffle can cook more.

"Sweetheart, you haven't worked for almost a week. You need to get caught up." I told him as I pulled out a cutting board from the drawer and another bowl from the cupboard. 

"I have Mokuba doing work for me so I can help you. I'm not selfish with my job as much since I got with you." This was giving me a headache.

"Seto, don't let your brother get stressed out. I'm okay, this is not new for me whatsoever." I said confidently, sending a smile his way, as he stirred the eggs around.

"If you say so. How long will you be out for?" We both took a sip of our beverages before getting back to breakfast.

"Well, I'm not so sure yet. We're doing quite a bit today." I grabbed a couple bananas from the center piece from the table to mix up with the apples and blueberries. 

"Okay, because I'll work today if you leave Preston here with Mokuba and I. I wouldn't want you to make another stop if you don't have to." 

That sounded fair, but I still didn't want to leave Preston here to bother him while he's working.

"Okay. I'll send Yugi a message later on when I get ready." I wasn't going to argue with my husband as long as he gets his job done. He's been putting it off so long. 

"Good." Seto said blankly as he took a sip of his coffee.

A few moments have passed and making breakfast with him was honestly pleasant. I do love my husband dearly, but the other day did scare the Hell out of me. Though he is an asshole, but he is the father of my children. 

"I'm going to get my brother and Preston."

"Okay, I'll get the table set up then." I told him as he walked away. 

I got the butter and syrup out and placed them on the table, along with 4 plates and forks, napkins, and a cup of orange juice for my son. I placed my half empty bottle of water on the table and grabbed another one for myself, Mokuba, and Seto just in case they wanted one as well. 

"Good morning, Julia!" Mokuba cheered softly, knowing he was still pretty tired. 

"Morning, sweetie." I told him, putting the food on the table. 

Everyone sat down at the table and dug in. 

When everyone got done eating, I started to clean off the table and putting the dirty dishes in the sink. 

"Hey, Julia?" I looked over and saw Mokuba grabbing the empty water bottles and throwing them away.

"What is it, Mokuba?" I asked him sweetly, wondering what he had in mind.

"Seto would like to see you in his office downstairs. I can clean up for you." He showed me a very helpful smile, which really warmed up my day. 

"Thank you, honey. I do appreciate it!" I took the hand towel and started to dry my hands off before heading down to the basement. 

I made my way down there and opened the door quietly just in case he was in a meeting early, come to find out he watched me walk in. 

"What is it, babe?" I sat down on the other chair in his office as he stared at me. "Seto?"

"You are so pretty." He blurted out, which made me giggle a bit. Though my hair was in a messy bun, I was in a baggy long sleeve pajama shirt, and some bed shorts.

"I love you." I told him smiling, as he got up and hugged me. I hugged him back as I still sat down.

"I love you." He said, kissing my forehead before walking away.

"What did you need me down here for?" 

"Just wait." He walked off into another room in the basement while I stayed. I left my cell phone on the counter and I still need to text Yugi, letting him know that I won't be dropping off my son to his house. 

After a couple moments, Seto came back with this beautiful spring dress for me to wear, along with a really cute pair of shoes. 

"Wear this outfit today. Do your hair and makeup." He handed me this outfit, and then he grabbed his wallet from his desk. 

"Thank you, so much baby!" I told him excitedly.

"That's not it." He pulled out his credit card with the KC logo of his company. "Here. Buy yourself nice things. Spend as much as you want." I took it from his hands, but then instantly felt like I shouldn't.

"Seto, honey. I have money still from before I was pregnant. I don't need to take your card." I pleaded, but I could tell he wasn't going to take 'no' as an answer.

"Don't touch your money in your account. I will get a notification when you use my card, so use it." This is the attitude I miss from my husband. "If you don't use it, I will not be happy." I stood up and placed the items on the chair I was sitting in, and gave him a huge hug.

"I love you, Seto." He hugged me tightly, but not too tight. 

"I love you too, now go get ready for your day." I took the card out of his hand and I gave him a kiss. 

"Okay, I'll text you later on." I got the items and went upstairs, got my phone and went up to our room, not forgetting to send Yugi a text.

I placed everything on the bed and I grabbed my wallet out of my purse so I could put Seto's credit card in it before going in the bathroom to change. 

"This dress is beautiful, I wonder where he bought it from." I wondered, turning around and putting the dress around my bump. 

I'm currently obsessed. I love this spring dress! Now, brushing teeth, deodorant, and other hygienic needs before I got my make up done. It was just simple mascara, foundation, and natural lip balm. 

I grabbed a small hair tie and pulled my hair back in a small bun. 

When I went back into our room, the shoes he picked out for me went well with the outfit, at least I thought so. They were light blue Hey Dudes.

I loved this outfit. It was the perfect spring outfit, especially with my baby bump. Hopefully this dress will still fit after I gift birth to Emerly. Maybe I'll wear this dress for maternity photos, that's if my husband is up for it. 

"I got to take a photo of my outfit!" I go back into the bathroom and sprayed some of my vanilla perfume on that was on the vanity. I got my phone out of my pocket... Wait.

"THIS DRESS HAS POCKETS?!" 

Okay, favorite dress. Ever.

After taking a couple photos of my new outfit, I sent my favorite one to my husband. 

I grabbed my purse and took my keys out for the Rav4 and headed out. I put my purse in the back seat beside Preston's car seat and sat in the front seat. I started my car and I sent Tea a text message letting her know I was on my way.

"Got to put on some music.." I said to myself hooking up my Bluetooth and my radio started to play. 

Seto's POV

I stared at the photo my wife sent me. She took this in the mirror in our bathroom. Her hand was tucked under her bump so the dress I bought for her so my daughter can be seen so well. Her hair was back in a bun. Her make up was so simple. 

I couldn't believe I hurt her. My wife is the definition of perfection. There's no way I could let her go. It feels like I need to do more things for her. Is it because she's pregnant with my child and she needs help? Or is it because I love her? I mean, I do love her. I adore my wife. Julia Marie Kaiba. 

I smiled at her photo she sent me. I saved it in my phone, and set it as my lock screen wallpaper.

"I love you." I said, though it would look really dorky and moronic of me to get caught saying that over a photo and I sent that as a text message.

"Hey, Seto?" I jerk my head over to see Mokuba walking in the office. 

"What?"

"Preston is now napping in his bed. I didn't know if you needed anything from the store. I'm getting some things for the house." I sighed as I put my phone down and to log into my computer.

"Whatever you think we need, buy it. Are you buying groceries?" 

"No, I was getting home things." Okay.

"Alright. I don't need anything right now. If I come across something I might need, I'll let you know." Hearing the door of my office closing, I find peace in Mokuba leaving. 

I haven't been in this office in almost a week. It felt like I haven't been in here forever. I click onto my work tab, and open the drawer to my desk, taking out a notebook and one of my pens; my last pen. I send a text to Mokuba to pick up pens. 

Julia's POV

I pull up to Tea's apartment and I send her a quick text.

'Hey, I'm here now. Come out whenever you're ready! Seto picked out my outfit and I can't wait to show you!'

Still feeling adorable in my outfit, I noticed Seto's text. 

'I love you.'

I smiled, replying back to him with my I love you, knowing he was impressed with his outfit choice. 

I checked the time on my phone, and it read 10:23. We have a nail appointment on the other side of town at eleven, so good thing she made the appointment for then and not within the next 8 minutes. 

'Okay! I'll be out in a second, slipping on my shoes and grabbing my purse.'

Being patient, I got a call from Atem. 

"Hey, Atem!" 

"Hi, there. Um, are you busy today?" For some reason, he sounded a little bit on the nervous side.

"Yeah, Tea and I have a girl's day today. I'm actually waiting for her to get inside of my car." 

"Oh. I hope your night is splendid then. I can't wait to hear about it." Atem said, trying to stay positive, but had that upset vibe. Poor Atem, though I'm sure that Tea told the group we had our girl's day today. 

"She's coming towards my vehicle, I'll talk to you soon okay?" 

Before Atem could say anything else, I hung up the phone. I felt bad but I knew how my husband felt about Atem. I wasn't avoiding him, but maybe he's the reason why Seto wanted Preston to stay at home.

"Hi-Oh my God! Your dress!" Tea cheered for me when she opened up the door to my Rav4. 

"Thank you! I'm so obsessed, and look!" I put my fists in the pockets. "IT HAS POCKETS!" 

"I want one! Where did Kaiba buy it from?" She geeked, placing her small crossbody purse on the floor of my Rav4 and got into her seat.

"Honestly, I have no idea. But, what would you like to do after we get our nails done?" I asked her, putting my vehicle in drive. 

"We could go to the mall! They're having some sales there we can check out!" I nodded with the biggest smile on my face. 

I love having girl's days with Tea. It was nice to get out of the house for a while, and getting all the fun in before Emerly comes here is definitely a must.

"By the way, did you guys come up with a name for your daughter yet?" Tea asked me, as my phone was ringing. 

"I'm sorry, Tea. It's Mokuba. Hold on." I felt bad as I answered my phone call through my car. "Hi, sweetie. What's up?"

"Hi, Julia! I'm sorry if you're busy right now. But, I'm on my way to the store. Did you need anything from there? Just homely things." 

I thought about it, then I looked down on my bump. 

"When I get done with my pregnancy, I will be having my period for quite a while and I'll be in pain. If you wouldn't mind getting me pain relievers and some comfort items?" 

"Sure! Do you need me to buy any toiletries for you as well?" Aw, Mokuba is honestly the sweetest.

"No, thank you. I'll get some closer to the due date. Or maybe just today. Tea and I are out right now." 

"Ah, hi Tea!" 

"Hi, Mokuba! How are you?"

"I'm not bad! How about you?" 

"I'm great!" 

"Well, I'm going to get those relievers and some other things for you. If there's anything else, don't hesitate to call!"

"Will do, Mokuba! Thanks!" I hung up on him by clicking on a button on my steering wheel. "Sorry, Tea. Seto insisted that Preston stayed home while he works from home. He hasn't worked in almost a week." 

"Aw man, do you think he sent Mokuba to the store?" She asked me, but I doubted it.

"I honestly don't think so. Mokuba is very independent, so he probably put Preston down for a nap before leaving. To answer your question too, Seto actually told me the name this morning and I think it's perfect." 

"Oh, really! What is it!" Tea said excitedly, turning down the radio.

"Emerly. Not so sure if he came up with a middle name yet though." I told her with a smile on my face, and I used my one free hand to rub on my bump.

"That name is really cute! Did he just think of it out of nowhere?"

"Haha, I was starting to make breakfast when he came down to the kitchen and help me. He said 'good morning, babe' to me, then said, 'good morning, Emerly', and he said he just thought of it this morning when he was waking up."

"That is so adorable. When is your next appointment?" 

"On Thursday. Seto's coming with me though this time, if he's not a working zombie. I told him to work today while I'm busy with you. I just hope he keeps his word. He's so behind right now when he's trying to help me while I'm pregnant and he's throwing all of the company on Mokuba's shoulders."

"What?! That's insane. But, Kaiba not working? That does not sound like him. He hasn't really been himself in a long time. You changed him, Julia." Tea said smiling, but I took that as a compliment. 

"I know he changed and I'm happy he did. He's not that self centered asshole now, though he does have his tendencies. I sometimes miss his remarks because that's who he is. Like that's the man I fell in love with." My heart warmed, remembering when Seto and I first got together. 

"Girl, I'm surprised you even married him. He is something special." Tea said giggling, and I giggled with her. 

"Man, me too." We laughed together as we continued our day, and it was going to be a good day!

WOW OVER 3K300 WORDS! 

It has been a while since I did a long chapter like that. I hope yall enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 122 11
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕 Life for Joey Wheeler after graduation has left him bored and wondering the streets of Domino City aimlessly. While doing so, he com...
2.1K 32 8
Lucy, the new Girl in Town, starts working for Kaiba Corp and discovers a new side of Seto Kaiba, who's told to be a jerk. Everything seems to be pe...
30.8K 1.4K 16
The story of Seto Kaiba struggling to move on now that he remembers Kisara and the love he shared with her in ancient Egypt. He undergoes a lot of em...
11.8K 261 41
Julia Williams and her baby boy, Preston move to Domino City for a new start. She got a job at Kaiba Corporation being the new designer for Kaiba Lan...