Needle & Thread (Male! Corali...

By Bluegarnet123

*COMPLETED* Everything was rather dull in Cory's life. It always seemed to be when his best friend since bi... More

Doll's In The Making
The Pink Palace
Exploring A New Home
The Other World
Meeting Mr. B
Tea And A Fair Warning
The Mouse Circus
A Show and A Proposal
Nightmares And Ghosts
Lost Parents
A Dangerous Deal
Piece By Piece
The Final Threat
The End?

Too Good To Be True?

10.9K 412 524
By Bluegarnet123

~They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved—you and your household."~ Acts 16:31

Uuuugghhhhh! I have two classes that involve math now because we are now training for the SAT for math in February.... I wanted to pound my head on the desk and pass out!

Which is a normal thing I do actually

Oh yeah, from what I saw, I think coraline was either going to a private school or public school that required uniforms—sooo, long skirts. Sorry! (Personally, I don't like skirts but I made this one slightly longer in a apology. Enjoy!)

(S/N): state name
(F/C): favorite color
______________

Blinking out the sunlight in her eyes, (Y/N) sat up and stretched. Soon slumping as she looked around, she really didn't like what was going in the other world but she will admit it had some good stuff.

She jumped when she heard an annoyed and dissatisfied groan, watching as Cory frowned at his room before looking at the door and gasping.

"What?" He didn't answer as he jumped out of bed and kneeled at his door before speeding the stairs and into the hallway.

"Ugh, why me?" (Y/N) got out of bed as slowly as possible, shivering at the cold wood and groaning. Finally gaining the courage to walk, she sighed and looked at where the blue haired was looking and froze.

The crumbs from the cheese Cory placed last night were still there...

. . .
. .
.

"There were garden squash like balloon animals," Cory ranted from the back seat with (Y/N), his Japanese hat on his head as his mother pulled up to a garden building. (Y/N) perked up when she remembered; "and snapdragons! Oh, and upstairs, we saw a real mouse circus."

"Not pretend like the crazy man's in our house." Cory unnecessarily added, taking off his hat and fixing the hair clip (Y/N) gave him as his father held his briefcase anxiously.

He looked at his wife. "You sure you won't come?"

"Don't fret, Charlie." Seeing as that they weren't listening again, Cory quietly scoffed and fell back into his seat, raising a brow at (Y/N) when she offered her fist. "They'll love the new catalog, at least they'll love my chapters."

"I did not call him crazy, Cornelius, he's drunk." his mother turned to address him as Cory and (Y/N) were in the middle of a very serious game of "rock-paper-scissors", stopping when his father opens the back door and chuckled.

"Well, I guess I'll see you around, you dizzy dreamers." He ruffled (Y/N)'s hair as she laughed and fixed it, then pinched Cory's nose as he yelled and held his knees defensively. "Dad! I'm not five anymore."

"Bye, Mr. Jones!" (Y/N) waved as the car pulled out of the small parking lot and drove off.

. . . . .

(Y/N) and Cory sat beside each other as his mother picked out school uniforms for him— and a couple for her since she was starting a new year in the same high school and her mother lent some money.

Not long after they sat down, (Y/N)'s mother wanted to talked to her on the phone so as she walked off to do that, Cory clicked his tongue at pesky music meant for an elevator before noticing some orange, green, and brown stripped gloves on the table next to him.

He grabbed them and immediately scooted to the side as a boy came rushing down the on a wheelie stool with another boy following him, using his hands a trumpet. "My kingdom for a horse!"

He flinched at the crash that followed and stared at the stool that rolled next to him as (Y/N) walked back over. Sighing as she was ending the talk with her mother.

"Yes, I promise I'm doing fine... are you really staying another week in (S/N)?" Cory frowned at her sad expression before titling his head she she blushed furiously. "No! Mom, I haven't been kissing anybody, let alone— ahh! I'm hanging up!"

Cory stiffens at the word kiss, clenching his jeans subconsciously as (Y/N) stumbled over her words, a uneasy smile across her lips. "Y-yeah, I know... I love you too, stay safe."

Hanging up, (Y/N) exhaled sharply as she sat next to a silent Cory, she looked at him in concern. "Hey, you okay?"

"Hmm? Yeah, I'm fine don't worry about it. " Cory shook his head as raised the gloves. "Check these out, cool right?"

(Y/N) and checked the tag, and scoffing in surprise. "24.99?! for a pair of hand covers that literally anyone can make themselves? Wow!"

"Meh," Cory shrugged as he looked at the gloves again. "Your mom does that kind of stuff, right? Knitting and sewing?"

"Yeah, something like that... she makes, sells and buys." (Y/N) smiled, a little sadness creeping in it. "Making fashion clothing and whatnot can be pretty long— especially when she has to leave for such a long time."

"Dang, that sucks." (Literally me! 😂)

"Yep..."

"..."

"... wanna ride on the stool?"

"Yes."

. . . . .

Cory gracefully glided past his mother, doing random ballet poses that made (Y/N) laugh as he showed off the gloves he admired.

He stopped right in front of her, hand held out with a smile as his mother didn't bother to turn around. "Put them back."

"But, Mom!" He whined as his mother held a white long sleeved button shirt to his chest. "the whole school's gonna wear boring gray clothes!," He pushes away the the shirt and waved his gloves hands in front of her face. "No one will have these."

She only gave him a stern glare as she held out a long skirt towards (Y/N) and putting it in the pile. "Put them back."

Cory glared as he stepped of off the stool as (Y/N) messed with the hangers and shirts. "My other mother would get them."

(Y/N) gasped and gave Cory a surprise and slightly defensive look as his mother smiled sarcastically. "Maybe she should buy all your clothes."

She then returned to her phone as Cory rolled his eyes and took off the gloves, giving (Y/N) a "What?" look as she still stared him with her expression.

. . . . .

"So what do you think is in the other apartment?" Cory questioned from the front seat, staring outside the window as the rain pelted softly against it.

"I don't know." His mother glanced at him before looking forward again. "Not a family of Jones imposters."

Cory gave her a disgusted expression and rolling his eyes again as (Y/N) frowned, looking between the two as she held the uniforms. "Then why'd you lock the door?

"I found some rat crap," (Y/N) swallows her snicker, covering it with a fake sneeze as his mother continued. "and I thought you and (Y/N) would feel safer."

"They're jumping mice, Mom." Cory snapped, his expression angered as he slumped against the window again. "and the dreams aren't dangerous. They're the most fun I've had since we've moved here."

"Ouch..." (Y/N) muttered in a tease as Cory looked behind him and at her, a ghost of a smile appeared on his face before it dropped again at his mothers hopeful tone.

"Your school might be fun, (Y/N) goes there too."

"With those stupid uniforms? Right." Cory ignored that last part for the sake of his dignity, not wanting to blush at the fact that he's going to be seeing (Y/N) pretty much everyday.

"Had to give it a try." (Y/N) felt sympathy at her blank expression—she still saw sadness in her eyes. Wanting to clear up the tension, she snatched Cory's hat as he snapped his eyes towards her and yelled.

"Hey—! What're you—?" He stopped, frozen solid as (Y/N) adjusted it on top of her head. "Come on, Cornelius. What's so bad about going to school with me?"

Cory couldn't answer as he quickly turned around in his seat and sunk, covering his hot red face with his arms. She had his hat on and said his full name?!

"N-nothing... shut up!"

"Are you okay, Cory? You're getting kind red there—?"

"I'm fine!"

. . . . .

"How do you feel about a mustard, ketchup, salsa wrap for lunch?" Cory gave his mother a deadpanned expression as (Y/N) cringed a bit. (Ngl, that sound good! 😫✋🏽)

"I don't think that's very healthy, Mrs. Jones." She chuckled just as Cory scoffed out a "Are you kidding me?"

"You don't have to call me "Mrs. Jones, (Y/N), Mel is fine." Mel then shrugged and closed the fridge. "had to go food shopping, anyway," she turned and smiled. "Dad's planning something special."

"Grossgusting." Cory groaned and he slumped in his chair, not looking at (Y/N) when she slapped his arm under the table.

"You two wanna come along?" Grabbing her purse, Mel looked at the two with another smile. "You can pick out something you like."

Before (Y/N) can answer politely, Cory beat her to it as he sighed and tapped the table. "Oh. Like the gloves."

Stopping with her hand on the door knob, Mel sighed and looked over her shoulder. "Look, Cornelius, if things go well today, I promise I'll make it up."

"That's what you always say..." Cory didn't say anything more as Mel looked down at the rejection and opened the door, looking back one more time. "Won't be long."

The door closed and (Y/N) rounded on Cory to give him an earful, only to see him digging through the drawers.

"Cory, you didn't have to say that to her," she stood up and followed as the blue haired boy looked up and smirked, grabbing phone books and a chair. "Just what are you doing?!"

"The key." He finally answered, easily grabbing it as he jumped off of the chair and jogged into the living room, (Y/N) right on his heels.

"Stop!" She ran in front of him and blocked the little door, making Cory's eye twitched, slightly miffed. "The door is locked for a reason, Cory!"

"And I'm opening it for a reason!" Cory glared and clenched the black button key in his hand, leaving a print. "Move, (Y/N)."

The (H/C) haired girl only shook her head, staying put. "No. There's something going on here, and you're not noticing it! Everyone here has been giving us warnings about the door! About the other world! Don't you think we should list—?!"

"NO!" Cory screamed, shocking (Y/N) into silence as he yelled. "Everyone here is crazy! There's nothing wrong with the other world, it's perfect! Of course you wouldn't understand, you're so hard headed! No wonder your mom leaves so much!"

He stopped when he heard a shuddering gasp, not bothering to look up as (Y/N) ever so slowly stepped away from the door, letting Cory kneeled down and put the key inside the lock.

He yanked it open and squeezed his eyes shut. Feeling a gust of wind, he peaked one open in anticipation before grinning at the sight of the stretching tunnel. "I knew it was real."

Just before he entered, Cory turned over his shoulder to look at (Y/N). Her back was turned to him, but he saw her shaking shoulders and almost silent sniffles. Regret and self-hatred stabbing him in gut to apologize before he took a breath and climbed in the tunnel.

The tears wouldn't stop, no matter how much (Y/N) wipes them away. Was that really what he thought? She turned to glare sadly at the open little door, her mom worked hard and they talked as much as her job would allow, (Y/N) couldn't take his words to heart.

Breathing in shakily, she walked forward and kneeled in front of the door, just in time to see Cory's figure entering the other world and walking in. She knew that place was dangerous, she could feel it.

Sucking it up, (Y/N) climbed in. But she failed to noticed the black cat eyeing her carefully through the window, the rain soaking him as he purred.

. . .
. .
.

Cory closed the front door, a burp leaving him as his stomach was full of cupcakes and hotdogs his other mother made. He brushed down his new outfit, taking second to look at the dark blue turtleneck and loose black denim jeans, smirking at the navy blue timberlands on his feet before hearing the sound of meowing.

"Wybie's got a cat like you at home." It was the black cat, his Ivey blue eyes glared at him as he jumped down from the roof and onto the railing. "Not the quiet Wybie, the one that talks too much. You must be the other cat."

"No," a raspy voice left the feline, making Cory shocked. "I'm not the other anything. I'm me."

"Um... I can see you don't have button eyes," Cory followed the black cat as he jumped down and waddled towards a cut down tree. "but if you're the same cat, how can you talk?"

"I just can."

"Cats don't talk at home."

The black cat hopped onto the tree, walking along it, throwing his head over his shoulder. "No?"

Cory shook his head. "Nope."

"Well, you're clearly the expert on these things." The feline bitterly said as he jumped on the tallest branch. "After all, I'm just a big fat wuss puss!"

Cory's widened a smidge before he scratched the back of his neck. "Come back. Please? I'm sorry I called you that, I really am."

"Hmph." The feline seemed to scoff, glaring down at the boy . "So you can apologize..."

"Huh?" Cory tilted his head at the near hostile statement before clearing his throat. "How'd you get here?"

"I've been coming here for a while," He rolled out as he walked behind a skinny branch of the the dead tree, disappearing as he walked.

Cory tried to see where he went before a voice next spoke up. "It's a game we play."

The cat climbed out of the hole in the tree, staring at Cory with ice blue eyes. "She hates cats and tries to keep me out," he stuck his head in and he popped out of the other half of the tree. "but she can't, of course. I come and go as I please."

"The other mother hates cats?" Cory folded his arms, his voice with slightly disbelief and shock that made the feline scoff again.

"Not like any mother I've ever known." He laughed at mother as he walked fully into the tree, now walking along it and to the roof.

"What do you mean? She's amazing." Cory flinched at his own words, something the black cat caught sight of a he glared again.

"You probably think this world is a dream come true, but you're wrong. The other Wybie told me so."

"That's nonsense," Cory shook his head and put his hand in his pockets. "He can't talk."

"Perhaps not to you." He replied, somewhat proudly as he sat on the roof. We cats, however, have far superior senses than humans," Cory rolled his eyes. "and can see and smell and... Shh! I hear something. Right over..."

He mowed as he dashed across the roof, his figure lost in the darkness. Cory stared at the place he was in before a door opening and closing caught his attention.

He froze when (Y/N), guilt flooding his system when he saw her puffy eyes, she didn't look at him as she walked down the stairs. He followed her to the top of the steps to Miss Spink and Forcible's apartment.

It was uncomfortablely quiet before Cory cleared his throat nervously. "Do you... want to go first?"

She didn't answer, making him feel worse as he kept his head down and walked down the stairs. (Y/N) took another deep breath to calm her and took one step down before a pinch hit her in the arm, making her wince.

Looking down at the silver object, she guessed that it was most likely a needle peaking out of her (F/C) jacket, confused and slightly fearful, she pulled it out with another wince, a small drop of blood slipping from it and hitting the pavement as she eyed it with scrutiny.

"Um... (Y-Y/N)?"

Jumping, (Y/N) turned to see Cory holding the door open, music flooding outside as he shuffled his feet and avoided her eyes. "Are you coming?"

(Y/N) sighed, feeling tired before shaking it off as nerves and nodded, stuffing the needle into her pocket and walking down the steps carefully and sparing a glance at the blue haired boy as he grimaced to himself and closed the door.

_____________
Note: ohhhh boy what happened to (Y/N)?! And bruh, Cory! Why?!

I legit just pulled a "to be continued" and  "plot twist" and I'm so sorry! (not—)

Anywho I'm sorry I didn't this for the past two days, school l just really sucks right now and this Halloween weather ain't helping! Mel is now showing her name because that's when she actually started showing some emotion to me and acting somewhat of a parent 😊

I'll try to post tomorrow if I can! ❤️
______________
End Note: IF THERE IS ANY MISSPELLINGS OR MISSING WORDS LET ME KNOW ❤️❤️❤️
Word count: 2904

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 162 11
β€’we are to scared to leave β€’but we are to broken to stay β€’so we keep hurting each other β€’and call it love. ^Nana Fan-fiction. :not everyth...
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
271K 5.8K 21
This story has reached; #1 - Mantis (11/2/18) #1 - kungfupanda (11/2/18) #1 - Monkey (11/2/18) #1 - Crane (11/2/18) #1 - Oogway (3/26/19) #1 - Po (3...
309K 9.5K 15
Male Mei Mei x Female Reader Based on the Disney movie Turning Red (Y/n) = Your Name (H/c) = Hair Color (H/l) = Hair length (E/c) =Eye Color (S/c) =...