~Chuunibyou with a Pinch of L...

By Trash7680

*I do not own cover art-all rights go to creator, CottonLilith* Teyvat is a magical world... but not anymore... More

First Day
Greetings All Around
Interesting Encounters
Realize
Clubs
Intermission: Substitute Teacher
Occult and Realm Research
Normal Day
Shopping
The Chaos of Shopping
Study Harder!
Intermission: The One and Oni
Unluckiest
Summer Festival
Fireworks
The Word Called Love
Prinzessin's Curse
Notes on Love
Intermission: Favorite Teacher
Oblivious Love
Final Exams
The Beginning of Break
Winter Shenanigans
Update: Inactive
The Eve of Christmas
Christmas
New Years

Dodgeball

957 33 25
By Trash7680

Bennett woke up the next day. Now, it was the second day of school. He would simply just have to get used to these early mornings. However, it'd be hard to if he was late every single day.

"Not again!" Bennett complained as he got dressed quickly. He ran out of his room with his things.

"Bennett! I've made you lunch!" One of his dads said.

"Thanks! Gotta go!" Bennett shouted, grabbing the lunch box and running. Everyone waved him goodbye as he left. He ran to school once more...

"Am I on time!?" Bennett exclaimed as he barged through Ms. Ninnguang's doors. She and the students looked over. The bell rang.

"Oh thank archons." He complained to himself as he walked over to his chair. A few people laughed. He glanced over the room. He saw Fischl and Chongyun. He took his seat.

"So that's why you think you're unlucky." Chongyun said. Bennett glanced back at him, then sighed.

"Yep. This is gonna happen ninety percent of the time." He said. Meanwhile, Fischl was in her seat.

"Such an unfortunate event." She said quietly. Ninnguang began to teach class again. As Fischl paid attention, the blond girl in front of her turned around again.

"Ah, greetings once again my peer!" Fischl greeted on a whisper.

"Hi! You're Fischl, is that correct?" She asked. Fischl nodded.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Barbara!" The girl introduced. Fischl nodded. As she did, Ninnguang slapped Fischl's desk with her ruler. Both Barbara and Fischl quickly paid attention again.

"Why don't they get hit?" Bennett complained, rubbing his hands, remembering the day before...

"Greetings once again students." Zhongli greeted. Everyone said something in return. However, it was a jumble of words that nobody was able to make out.

"Before we start the lesson today, I should mention that a friend of mine will be assisting me with this class soon." Zhongli explained. Everyone nodded and listened.

"I wonder who it is..." Xingqiu began.

"I don't know either. I bet they're as boring yet interesting as him." Chongyun replied. Bennett just listened. Afterwards the class went through like normal. There wasn't much to the boring classes. However, next was gym class...

"Ahem." Fischl said to herself, clearing her throat. She was trying to start a conversation with Xinyan on the way to the gym. However, she quickly took off to go talk with someone else. Fischl stared at the ground in disappointment.

"Why is it so hard to speak with someone so lively?" She asked herself. She was bumped by a few people.

"Oh, sorry!" Chongyun said. Next to him was Bennett and Xingqiu. Bennett's eyes widened.

"Oh! Fischl!" He smiled. Fischl smiled awkwardly as well. Chongyun and Xingqiu exchanged glances, then sighed. They didn't know how to feel about Fischl. About her strange speaking, but they were willing to give it a try.

"Why not? Let's head to gym class." Xingqiu said. The four made their way as Fischl spoke in her fantasy language. Bennett enjoyed it. They walked into gym class as Fischl went her way and the other three boys went theirs. They changed into a white shirt and pants with a red stripe at the openings of the arms and neck in the locker room. They got out as Childe gathered all the boys up. Meanwhile, Beidou did the same with the girls.

"Alright! We can get started today!" Childe exclaimed.

"I bet you're wondering what we're doing too!" Beidou assumed. A few people nodded. Childe and Beidou made the same grins.

"Since it's our first activity, I thought we'd play a game everyone knows!" Childe said. He placed a ball in his hand.

"Dodgeball!" He exclaimed. Beidou said almost the exact same thing on their side. If everyone was being honest, they got excited...

"Ugh. Dodgeball." Xingqiu said. Bennett glanced over to him. Chongyun was on the other team.

"You hate it?" Bennett asked.

"Kinda. Well, especially when Chongyun's on the other team..." He began.

"Why is that?" Bennett asked. Xingqiu didn't reply.

"You'll see." He said. Bennett turned back to the other side of the gym. A few dodgeballs were lined up in the middle now. Someone walked up to him on his left. He turned to see Fischl twirling her thumbs.

"Nervous?" Bennett asked. Fischl jumped in shock.

"W-What!? Of course not! I, the Prinzessin der Verurteilung shall not be afraid of such—" She was saying before Childe blew his whistle. Fischl got scared and got behind Bennett. Bennett laughed.

"Don't worry! Our team will win within—" He was trying to explain before a ball hit him in the face. Then the chest. And the leg. And the chest again. He fell to the ground.

"B-Bennett! Are you alive!?" Fischl exclaimed.

"Y-Yeah... that always happens." He said. He was used to it. Bad luck and all that. He walked out as everyone played. Chongyun stood still. Xingqiu squinted his eyes. He watched as every ball that was thrown at him missed. He wasn't even trying. Meanwhile, Xingqiu dodged all the balls thrown at him gracefully. In fact, a few people clapped after he dodged a few. Xinyan, on the other hand, went wild instantly and was taking people out left and right. She jumped in front of someone and caught the ball.

"You good?" She asked. The blond girl she defended nodded.

"Of course." She said. However, her eyes were on someone else. A blond boy on the other side...

Fischl stayed in the back as she watched the chaos unfold. That's when a ball rolled to her feet. She picked it up, then looked ahead. She smirked, then placed a hand on her eyepatch.

"Hehe... you fools! None shall escape my wrath when I uncover—" She was saying before getting hit.

"What is she doing?" Bennett asked himself. He turned to see someone on his side catch a ball.

"Go in!" Beidou told him. He nodded. He ran in then instantly tripped. Someone threw a ball at him.

"Dammit." He said to himself, getting up. He walked back into line, next to Fischl. The numbers were dwindling. Their side had less players than the other side. Xingqiu, a blond boy, and two other kids were left. Meanwhile, the other side had Xinyan, Chongyun, a blond girl, and a few others.

"We're gonna lose!" Bennett exclaimed.

"Don't worry. Have faith in our team! I'm sure they'll pull through!" Fischl exclaimed. Xingqiu and two other boys went out.

"I would like to surrender." Fischl said, waving a small white flag.

"What happened to faith!?" Bennett asked. He sighed as he looked back on. A blond boy was holding a ball in his hands. He seemed to be an upperclassman. Meanwhile, Xinyan, Chongyun, and a blond girl remained on the other side. The girl stepped up.

"It's over brother." She said. The boy tightened his grip on the ball.

"That's what you think." He said. He threw the ball at her. She barely dodged. That's when the boy threw two more balls at the same time. She gasped as she blocked and dodged the other. However, the one she dodged flew back and hit Xinyan, who was trying to catch the other one. The boy grabbed the last ball on his side and threw it at the girl again. The girl dodged and threw one back at him. The boy dodged it as Chongyun threw a few of his own. He dodged one then caught the other one.

"I'm sorry... I didn't think he would expect the second one." Chongyun said. The girl didn't respond.

"It's alright. I'll end it here." She said, stepping forward even more. The boy picked up a ball as the girl was holding her own. Everyone was leaning in to watch this.

"We'll end this here." The boy said. They stood still for a moment. Everything was silent...

Suddenly, the two dove to their rights and threw the ball. Both balls whipped through the air and hit each other. There was silence.

"W-Well it seems to have ended in a tie!" Childe announced.

"That's all we have for this class... that game took a while." Beidou commented. Everyone dispersed as they began talking about the battle at the end.

"It looks like they're brother and sister." Xingqiu said. Bennett nodded.

"They're more than that. They're twins." Chongyun said, walking towards them.

"She told me about it as we were starting. They have a strong rivalry with each other. Sadly, I didn't get their names." He explained. They watched as the two argued with each other and to Childe and Beidou that the other was hit first.

"What a rivalry." Bennett commented. The four all got dressed again and waited for the period to end. As it did, Chongyun and Xingqiu went a different direction for some classes of theirs. Meanwhile, Fischl followed Bennett close behind. He glanced back at her. He didn't really like the silence between them.

"So... when did you move here?" He asked. Fischl was taken by surprise from the question but she shook her head to regain composure.

"I never moved my location of living! I only moved my education location to here!" She asked.

"Why was that?" Bennett asked, curious. Fischl turned red.

"U-Uh— I-It wasn't good enough for me! This place shall give me more knowledge of both the land and this realm's wisdom." Fischl explained. Bennett nodded.

"Now tell me, Bennett. Why exactly have you moved your education area?" Fischl asked in return. Bennett also turned red.

"Oh, it was just a closer walk. Since I'm late a lot of the time... through absolute chance that it!" Bennett explained, waving his hands around. The two entered Chemistry where their teachers waited for class to start...

The bell rang. Chemistry was over.

"Alright, Ima go and sit next to Chongyun and Xingqiu. You have a place to sit too, right?" Bennett asked. Fischl nodded.

"Of course I do! Despite my new arrival here, I have already talked to several others during this period!" She explained. Bennett nodded, then waved a little bit. He walked to Chongyun's and Xingqiu's table. Meanwhile, Fischl went and sat at her own table across the room. She sat down and waited for those girls to show up again. She waited... and waited...

Fischl didn't say much for the rest of the day. The only person able to get her to speak was Bennett, but that was only occasionally since they didn't have much time. The day ended as everyone went home once again. It marked the first actual day of school, with learning and everything. Fischl walked home a little saddened.

"Well, we've gotta go this way. Cya tomorrow." Xingqiu waved with Chongyun. Bennett waved himself. As they left, he turned around and began running backwards... for some reason.

"Fischl!" Bennett shouted. Fischl stopped walking and turned around. She was heading home, but it turns out Bennett followed her.

"Sorry... about... that... I was running quite a bit." He said, stopped and tried catching his breath.

"W-What is needed?" She asked. Bennett stood up straight, finally having the ability to speak.

"Ahem. Anyway. Are you alright?" He asked. Fischl stared at him strangely for a second.

"You were a little... I don't know, quiet after lunch. Did something happen?" Bennett asked. This was a good trait of Bennett. No matter how bad of luck he had, he always put others first. He also hoped that Fischl wasn't affected by his luck.

"I-I am perfectly fine, Bennett! I see no reason to continue this chit chat! I shall go home now! Bye!" Fischl said, speeding up her words as she spoke. Bennett waved to her as she ran off. She was red. Nobody, or at least in a while, has ever asked that question. Nobody assumed she was alright after hearing her. She smiled to herself.

"I knew moving schools was a good idea..." She decided. And with that, Bennett went home. Finally, sweet pleasure of being home. Bennett laid down in bed.

"Hopefully my stupid rumor doesn't spread around." He muttered to himself. He sighed as he turned to his side in bed. He opened his phone and texted an old friend of his. One that didn't go to his current school.

Benny: How are things in your end?

After a few minutes, he got a reply.

Doge: it is good what about you

Bennett sighed to himself.

Benny: It's fine. I've met a bunch of new propels already, but I'm wondering if you wanna hang out sometime?

Doge: yes but later

Benny: You know how to use periods and capitals, right?

Bennett sighed to himself. He laid in bed and groaned to himself as he got ready for bed...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 4.9K 48
Xingqiu constantly confesses his feelings for Chongyun. Eventually, Xingqiu convinces himself that Chongyun wouldn't ever feel the same; But what hap...
25.9K 687 38
ლ(' ❥ 'ლ) You pretty much get isekai'd and wake up as a slime in the world of Teyvat. But not in the way you, Y/N expected. This takes part after all...
16.5K 379 7
‼️UPDATES EVERY WEDNESDAY‼️ Xinqiu x Chongyun Fanfiction (A Modern AU) Chongyun is a highschool boy who doesn't pay much attention to his emotions...
9.2K 206 26
New dorms, new ships, new Genshin au. Major focusing on XiaoLumi and Xingyun Ships include; Xiao x Lumine Gorou x Thoma Xingqiu x Chongyun IMPORT...