Colliding Ambition

By BroachAngel12

Book 1 in the Colliding Series One Dream, Two Ambitions Katherine Mitchell has grown up around hockey, with... More

Characters + Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Out now; Colliding Friendship

Chapter 8

30K 477 74
By BroachAngel12

*NOT EDITED*

"I'm assigning an essay for the reading that you did on Monday." Mr. Hart announces to the class. I groan as I lower my head to the desk. I hear Chase chuckle from beside me. The professor continues, "You can do it in partners, if you do chose to do it in partners tell me, share the work, separate essays same subject, the work better not look the same."

"Son of a bitch." I mutter. 

"Hey Kitty...wanna do it in partners." Chase says while poking me with his pencil.

My face is now smothered in my arms as I'm hunched over on the desk, "Chase, I will grab that damn pencil and shove it down your throat." I mumble. Sadly Diana isn't here so I'm stuck with Chase.

The poking stops but Chase doesn't stop talking, "Someone's grumpy, did you have coffee yet?" 

I lift my head and glare at him, "No."

"Get coffee in your system." He raises his eyebrows, "So when are we working on this thing?"

"Fine," I groan. "We can work on it tonight. Your house or mine?" I ask starting to put my things away.

"Mine, but warning...I live with Reid, Kai and...Rohan." He mutters the last part but I hear it loud and clear.

"Your kidding?" But his expression is genuine, "Fuck. Fine I'll come after I'm done my classes, text me your address."

Chase nods and I'm off to get coffee while he tells Mr. Hart.

🏒 🏒 🏒

My last class is writing class, which Lexi is taking the same class as an elective so I sit beside her. This class is fucking huge I'm talking maybe 50 people?

"According to Chase I needed the coffee." I say taking a sip.

Lexi eyes me wryly, "Well you do get mean if you don't drink coffee, well not mean but...cranky?" She says taking out her MacBook.

I look at her wide eyes, "Really?" 

She nods, "Yup." She smiles though which makes me smile, "But your my bestfriend so it doesn't bother me because I'll just be cranky back." We both smirk. My eye catches someone behind Lexi's head. Its Cohan, I wave him over. "What are you doi━" 

Cohan plops down beside me, "Hey Katherine." He looks over at Lexi, "Hi I'm Cohan."

"Lexi." She says slowly still confused as to why he's sitting with us.

I lean in so only she can hear me, "I met him at a party, he seems really cool, and cute." I smile, she rolls her eyes.

I lean away and direct my attention to Cohan, "Where were you, last time I saw you it was Monday now it's Wednesday." I raise my eyebrow.

Cohan smirks, "I was sick, prof emailed me the work."

I grin, "Can't handle coming to class sick, there is such thing as medicine."

He rolls his eyes, "I didn't want to get people sick, were you worried."

This time I roll my eyes, "Your arrogant, you sure your not a hockey player?" He hoots a laugh but the prof walks in. Then something comes to mind, "Hey Lex, you coming to the game tomorrow?" I ask Lexi.

"Yeah, are we meeting after the game?" 

I nod and that's the end of the conversation because the professor starts talking.

Rohan

I lean back in my chair, "Did you know Katherine entered the draft?" I ask Kai. Were currently in Business Management class, were both business majors. Kai's a business major because he'll be taking over his dad's company which most people don't like the idea but Kai wants to do it.

Me, I'm a business major because I needed a major.

"She entered the draft." Kai says more like a statement, "Uh, I'm pretty sure Chase said something about it." He's writing shit down, shit I've already written.

"How is she supposed to get noticed by the NWHL when she's playing on a boys team." I mutter mostly to myself but also to Kai.

"Dude, your asking the wrong guy." He says finishing. I zone out for like 5 minutes while the rest of the class finishes the work.

The the professor dismisses us and were walking out of class and towards our cars since its the last class of the day, but we have practice in an hour.

"See you at home." Kai says before getting into his Jeep.

I drive home while listening to rock and when I pull into the driveway I see a black truck I've never seen before. But I know exactly whose truck it belongs to one I walk into the living room because Katherine Mitchell is sitting on my couch wearing black leggings and a white tight crop tee, her long hair is in a messy bun.

Reid is sitting on an armchair wearing sweats and a wife beater, his tattoo's on display. Reid has tattoo's on both arms, makes him look badass, guess he is but the tattoo's really give the effect. And Chase is sitting on the ground, in front on Katherine, writing something on the coffee table while she's writing on her MacBook.

At the sound of my foot steps all their head shoot to the doorway where I'm standing, I also notice that Katherine in wearing glasses. On the television, Reid has put on a bruins hockey game, since James is playing I'm guessing it's old.

"What's going on?" I ask going over and siting on the other armchair.

"Lit essay." Is Katherine's vague answer, as her eyes go back to her laptop.

Chase is the one to explain, "Were doing it together."

Katherine cuts in, "As partners." She gives him a pointed look in which he just grins innocently.

"Yo Ro, you cooking?" Reid asks. 

"I'll make something after practice."

"Shit." Katherine curses.

"What's wrong, Kitty." Chase says still writing.

"I forgot about practice."

"Well we could continue to work on this after practice, back here. Won't be a late practice so..." He trails off as he focuses on what he's writing.

"Mhm, okay." She responds.

🏒 🏒 🏒

Practice has ended and Kai and I are walking into the house, the others━including Katherine are already in the living room.

"Ro! I'm starving." Chase yells from the living room.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm making something." I say going into the kitchen. Having Katherine eat here feels weird, and I have no clue why that's what is on my mind.

I grab vegetables, raw rice, pots and pans and start making rice and steamed vegetables. It takes about 30 minutes to make it, I make sure to make more than usual, for leftovers and for Katherine.

I place the food on plates just as Reid comes into the kitchen which is open and leads into the dining room. "Foods ready!" Reid says, eagerly sitting down.

Katherine, Kai and Chase come in and sit. 

I bring the last plate to the table which happens to be Katherine's and when I set it down I inhale what either is her perfume or shampoo, but it smells amazing, like cherries or strawberries? Some kind of fruity smell with some kind of flowery smell that smells so damn good. 

I force myself to sit down even though I have the instinct to burry my face in her neck and inhale her scent which is fucking weird so I go and sit.

"So Kitty, you ready for the game tomorrow?" Reid asks, he switched his wife beater for a tee, but is still wearing sweats.

"Ready as I'll ever be." She answers, running a hand through her now loose hair, god her hair is impossibly long.

"You sure you can handle playing against boys?" I mumble, mostly to myself.

"Yes Cap, I can handle playing against boys, I have in the past and this is no different." She raises a brow, "If your worried about me getting hurt, don't. I might get hurt but I'll get hurt when I play professional."

I look at Kai but he just smirks and shrugs while Chase muffles a laugh. 

I just brush it off and talk to Chase about our game against Harvard in a couple weeks, which is in a weekend, and in that same weekend we'll also have a game against Yale since were already going, so it's going to be overnight.

Then Katherine curses under her breath, when I look over I see that she dropped a steamed vegetable on the white tee which looks like its going to stain. 

Kai speaks, "Uh, go take it off and I'll get it out and wash it." 

"I have nothing to put on."

"Come with me." Chase says standing and going upstairs with Katherine following. 

After about 5 minutes they both come down, Katherine now wearing one of Chase's jerseys━ which is fucking huge on her━and her tee in hand, which she hands to Kai, "Thanks." She says, Kai nods before going into the laundry room. 

After super, Reid and I finish dishes we go into the living room just as Katherine angrily shuts her laptop, "I fucking hate essays." She runs her hands over her face.

"Let's take a break, it's late." Chase says, which is right, the clock just hit 8:30. "Let's watch a movie."

Before she can even answer, Reid does, "Count me in, c'mon you too Ro." Reid starts pushing me into the living room as I groan. Kai's already sitting down and I guess were watching a movie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 2.4K 51
Lyla Robertson is 19 years old and just transferred to Oakridge College for her sophomore year. Her freshman year at her hometown College did not go...
136K 6.7K 36
Kiara always had her focus set on her studies and being the perfect daughter for her strict mother, but when she meets Hayden, she feels like it's fi...
159K 9.8K 33
!!! ATTENTION MALE STUDENTS OF BADER UNIVERSITY !!! Are you a participant in the tradition of violent, albeit organized, sport? Are you a capable wri...
9M 256K 52
[THIS BOOK WILL BECOME FREE ON MAY 28TH!!!!!!] Getting stuck in the elevator with a famous hockey player was an accident, but falling in love is a c...