Cry Pretty ↡ British & Swedis...

By BriFlare

As a woman, Adrienne faces many battles, including the struggle to embrace her emotions after training hersel... More

Cry Pretty
Cast
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Gallery

Prologue

2.1K 42 1
By BriFlare

Prologue|October 2018

Grabbing her clutch off the bed, she hurried out of the door and into the waiting custom black Bentley that held her cousin, Princess Beatrice of York, and her aunt, Sarah, Duchess of York.

Adrienne registered a few photographers snapping photos of her. She gave a small absent-minded wave and waited as the police escort put on his helmet and started his motorbike.

She slumped back in her seat. On either side of her, the crowds were cheering and were looking at her.

"Adrienne, sit up. This is your royal come back, and you don't need the paparazzi photographing you slumped over in your seat." Her aunt Sarah said.

"Yes, ma'am," Adrienne said, sitting up and putting on a smile for the crowd.

"Are you ready to face the family?" Her cousin Beatrice asked.

"No, but is anyone ever really ready to do something?" Adrienne replied.

"Do not worry, Adrienne; everyone will be so delighted to see you after all these years," Sarah said.

"Okay, am I sitting next to Harry or you, Beatrice?" Adrienne asked.

"Next to me," Beatrice answered.

Finally, the car pulled smoothly up to the steps that led into the Chapel. Without waiting for the driver to open the door, Adrienne climbed out with all the grace of an elephant. She approached the large doors as she walked in alongside her aunt and cousin.

"Welcome, Your Royal Highness." The man in the official uniform responded.

Adrienne smiled and walked in. She smiled and waved at the few people who looked her way before taking a seat next to Beatrice, who sent her a quick smile before facing forward.

Soon she was instructed to stand for the bride's entrance, and a swell of music filled the Chapel.

Eugenie looked beautiful when she finally came into view. It had taken her six minutes to get to where Adrienne could see her, but it was worth the wait. Adrienne could tell she was shaking slightly, causing the bouquet in her hands to seem to shiver.

Her dress was very different.

The dress, a long-sleeved ivory gown with a flowing train, folded shoulders, and a low back, revealed scars from a back operation the princess underwent, aged 12. With no veil, she chose to accessorize with the Greville Emerald tiara (borrowed from her grandmother, the Queen) made her look even more incredible. She seemed to glide.

She reached Jack, who took her hand. They both smiled.

The congregation sang a hymn, which Adrienne didn't know the words to, and was then seated.

The bishop then began the ceremony with some speech on the importance of marriage as an institution both in life, in religion, and the monarchy.

Then the bishop looked up and addressed the congregation.

"So if anyone here present knows of any lawful impediment why they may not be joined in matrimony, I charge you now, in the presence of God, to declare it." The bishop said.

The bishop swept the room with his eyes before satisfied that no one would speak and turned back to his bible.

As the wedding ceremony went on, an aide gave Adrienne the signal to sing her rendition of Elvis Presley Can't Help Falling in Love.

Adrienne got up and walked over to where she was told to stand during rehearsal. Adrienne was nervous about performing for the first time in front of her family and the large crowd. No one outside of the York family had ever heard her sing, so it must be a significant shock for everyone, and that made Adrienne even more nervous.

Adrienne held the mic, waiting for her cue with the accompaniment of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in front of those in attendance at the Windsor Castle ceremony, and that's when she spotted him.

Elias is a Swedish prince and the love of my life. We recently had a minor argument, and now I do not know where we stand.

He sent me a smile, and I smiled back as the music began. I put the mic to my mouth, and I stared at him as I sang every word.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

After I finished, I returned to my seat as Eugenie gave me the thumbs up and Beatrice held my hand.

"You did amazing." She whispered to me.

"Thanks," I said.

The Dean of Windsor presided over the couple as they exchanged vows and rings. Jack went first, professing, "I, Jack Christopher Stamp, take thee, Eugenie Victoria Helena to my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law; and thereto I give thee my troth."

When it came time for the royal bride to state her vows, Eugenie said, "I Eugenie Victoria Helena take thee Jack Christopher Stamp to my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law; and thereto I give thee my troth."

Following in the footsteps of Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton, Eugenie decided to remove the word "obey" from her wedding oaths, a trend that Princess Diana kicked off at her 1981 nuptials. Also sticking with royal wedding customs, Brooksbank did not receive a wedding band, a commonality among men in the House of Windsor.

Relatives of the bride and groom took turns giving readings. Jack's cousin, Charles Brooksbank, delivered an excerpt from St. Paul's Letter to the Colossians. Princess Beatrice, Eugenie's maid of honor, chose to read a snippet from The Great Gatsby.

After a rendition of the national anthem, Eugenie and Brooksbank exited St. George's Chapel as husband and wife, sealing their newlywed status with a kiss.

=

"Congratulations, you guys," I said, hugging Jack and Eugenie as they made their round greeting and talking to guests at the reception hosted by Prince Andrew.

"Thank you, Adrienne." They said as they moved on to other guests.

"Well, it's about time you showed your face around here," Harry said, taking a seat next to me.

"Hello, Harry," I said.

"I mean, I'm a little offended that you didn't attend my wedding ceremony, but I'll forgive you if you dance with me." He said.

"Just don't step on my toes," I said as I let him drag me to the dance floor.

"I'm the better dancer between the both of us, Adrienne," Harry said.

"Yeah, right, and by the way, congratulations on the baby. I know how much you always wanted to have a family of your own." I said as I let him twirl me around.

"Thank you, Adrienne. I know you don't want to hear this, but you should talk to William." He said.

"You're right; I don't want to hear it," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Adrienne, he's hurt by you ignoring us all these years. I mean, I understand why you left. You needed to get away, especially for your mental health, but he doesn't know how bad things were for you, and you should explain that to him." He said.

"Tell him what, that I almost killed myself," I said.

"I suggest you figure out what you're going to say to him soon because you can't avoid him forever." He said.

Someone cleared their throat behind me, and Harry and I stopped dancing. I turned around and saw Elias.

"May I have a dance with Her Royal Highness?" Elias asked.

"She's all yours," Harry answered, walking away and leaving us there.

As Elias and I danced, I was aware of all the eyes staring at them, but I was so wrapped up in the feel of the dance, in the feeling of Elias's hands on my waist. I was too wrapped up in the way Elias was staring at me.

Why does he have to stare at me like that?

"You're so beautiful, Adrienne." Elias whispered in my ear.

I felt myself shiver, and I was pretty sure that he felt it too because his hands gripped my waist tightly, but not too tight to hurt me. His touch felt so comforting.

"Thanks. You don't look so bad yourself." I said as I smiled.

They stayed like that for a few moments. When the song ended, they pulled away reluctantly. They shared a genuine smile, and Elias once again held my arm and steered me towards my table.

He pulled my chair for me, and when I was seated, he began piling food into my plate.

"Beatrice told me you haven't eaten anything since last night," He said.

"Doesn't that dear cousin of mine have a big mouth?" I asked.

"She's just concerned about you, Adrienne. She doesn't want-" He was about to say before I interrupted him.

"I know, but trust me, I just forgot to eat and not what you both are thinking. I left that in the past and will never return to that." I said.

"Calm down, don't get upset, Adrienne." He said.

"I'm not getting upset," I said.

"Yeah, okay." He said.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He replied.

"Do you not remember our fight? Where you said you didn't know if you could handle the royal part of my life, and nowhere you are bringing attention to you and me." I said.

"Adrienne." He said.

"Elias, I will not continue this relationship if you can't make up your mind," I said.

=

Princess Adrienne of Wales Made a Royal comeback at the Royal Wedding

She looks beautiful as always!

Princess Adrienne of Wales arrived at St. George's Chapel wearing an off olive green dress designed by Alexander McQueen, and She paired it with Jimmy Choo shoes and a stunning Philip Treacy hat.

The royal wedding between Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank this morning was an elegant affair, from the bride's Peter Pilotto gown to the carriage pulled by four Windsor Grey horses.

But, one of the most show-stopping moments of the day came courtesy of a breathtaking performance by Princess Adrienne. She shocked everyone with her beautiful rendition of Elvis Presley Can't Help Falling in Love.

The official account for The Royal Family shared the four-minute offering on Twitter with the caption: "Conducted by Carlo Bernini, Princess Adrienne of Wales and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra perform. #RoyalWedding."

The powerful video has since been liked more than 12,000 times, with many viewers commenting just how moved they were by the royal princess' performance.

While some said it gave them "goosebumps," others admitted the rendition had brought them to tears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.4K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
795K 19.9K 95
The life of Princess Adeline of Wales was never going to be a simple one. Born the third child and only daughter of the Prince and Princess of Wales...
48.6K 1.8K 24
Follow the childhood years of Princess Adeline of Wales as she grows up in the troubled household of the Wales' as her parents' marriage crumbles aro...
141K 2.5K 32
Story from Royal Romances Book 2 Victoria has just months to live. Fighting back against hospital visits, endless tests, drugs with excruciating side...