SIDELINES; liam dunbar

By janiabeans

πŸ₯ ❛ i see you loving on the sidelines, i think about it at the wrong times ❜ ΙͺΙ΄ ᴑʜΙͺα΄„Κœ: moonee zhao-mccall ha... More

~Ρïз~ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 πŽππ„
01. {moonee's return}
02. {kidnapping a freshman}
03. {lydia's fake party}
04. {the scrimmage}
05. {stuck in a well}
06. {canine distemper virus}
07. {scott's death}
08. {berserker battle}
09. {the new list}
10. {bonfire party}
11. {satomi's pack}
12. {moonee's goal}
13. {road trip}
14. {la iglesia}
15. {fully fledged wolf}
16. {heritage talk}
~Ρïз~ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 π“π–πŽ
18. {senior scribe}
19. {new girl}
20. {tracy stewart}
21. {sinema club}
22. {dread doctors}
23. {suppressed memories}
24. {xan's jealousy}
25. {newest chimera}
26. {stolen sophmores}
27. {rescued by theo}
28. {mercury poisoning}
29. {the perigee-syzygy}
30. {conflict at the highschool}
31. {dark moonee}
32. {library clean-up]
33. {theo's pack}
34. {the demon wolf}
36. {eichen house}
37. {lie ability}
38. {finding mason}
39. {the beast of gevaudan}
40. {stargazing and kisses}
~Ρïз~ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
41. {worst date ever}
42. {broken compass}
43. {who's stiles?}
44. {lacrosse captain}
45. {mr douglas' coughing fit}
46. {gwen's protection party}
47. {ghost rider attack}
48. {the k index}
49. {the not a train station}
50. {theo raeken returns}
51. {allison's death}
52. {i love you so much}
53. {liam can't ride a horse}
54. {new hair, new me}

17. {understanding moonee}

4.5K 195 78
By janiabeans

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"so... she can't understand other people's emotions?" liam questioned.

moonee was on her way home from kira's house, and while she was gone, liam and franchie came over. the dunbar boy had explained the one-sided argument he and moonee had the same morning, desiring advice from the two people who knew her best.

scott looked at the girl beside him and the two nodded. "basically, yeah."

"which is why she could come off self-obsessed and constantly negative." franchie explained, "but she's neither of those things, she's the most loving person i've ever met."

"it's difficult for her to make emotional connections, because of how she was brought up." scott revealed, "meaning she's quick to dismiss and criticise people, especially you."

"brought up?" liam's face shifted, "you guys weren't raised together?"

"scott!" franchie smacked the alpha's arm.

"sorry." scott apologised, "you're going to have to ask her about that."

the front door opened, and moonee entered the house. she saw her brother and franchie sitting in front of liam and she raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"uh-"

"hi moo!" franchie greeted her.

"hey, moonee."

"hello guys." moonee greeted, "what is this?"

"we are just talking." franchie told her.

"alright." moonee nodded, "i am stuffed from the yukimura's, so i should probably lay down."

"good idea." scott agreed.

"i'm in my room, if you need me."

"you always are!" scott called out as she approached the stairs.

moonee turned back to face him, deciding she wasn't going to let him have the final say. she put her middle and index finger out, controlling the atmosphere with the mere movement of them. she pushed the air over to one of the large pillows and then threw it at scott's face.

the impact was harsh, pushing scott back on his seat while making the freshmen laugh. moonee smiled with triumph and sprinted up the stairs before scott could retaliate.

once scott withdrew the pillow from his face, he gave franchie and liam a glimpse as if he was telling them not to say anything about the incident that just occurred.

"okay... wait, so this means she doesn't hate me, she just doesn't understand me emotionally?" liam questioned the two people who knew moonee best, assuming she was out of earshot.

"oh no, she probably does hate you." franchie shook her head, "but not as much as it seems."

"you're being very mature about this, liam." scott looked impressed.

liam shrugged, "i know how it feels to be wired differently."

franchie frowned and placed a reassuring hand on his knee. liam looked up at her and gave her a small smile in appreciation.

"but, you can't be too mad at her." scott spoke up, "she doesn't realise, does she?" he was now facing franchie, asking her.

"no, she upsets him without even realising." franchie agreed.

"i'm still here." liam reminded the two as they spoke as if he wasn't present.

"right, sorry."

"you need to talk to her." scott suggested.

"i don't want her to be mad, now that i know." liam explained.

"there's a fifty percent chance of that happening." franchie assumed.

liam cracked a small smile, "that's something she'd say."

"i keep picking up her habits." franchie shrugged, "perks of being her friend."

"and you'll pick them up too." scott turned to liam, "if she lets you be her friend."

"you sound like a preschool teacher."

"thank you."

liam got to his feet and nodded. "thanks guys. feels better to know this." he made his way over to the stairs, "is she up there?"

"in her room, as she said." franchie spoke, "good luck!"

"thanks."

franchie and scott watched as the newest beta made his way to the danger zone. moonee was most likely resting and she would not be happy seeing him.

"i feel like a councillor." franchie sighed, "you think she'll be mad we told him?"

"definitely."

"great, that's why i'm putting all the blame on you." franchie got out of her seat and put her thumbs up.

"what?" scott stood up quickly.

"yeah." franchie held her hands up in defence and slowly walked backwards. "i think it's easier this way."

"i disagree, fran."

"i also promised her we were getting pizza!" franchie exclaimed before running out the room.

"francesca!" scott exclaimed before running right after.

"i'm sorry!"

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

liam knocked on the girl's bedroom door once and then again.

"liam, i'm concentrating." moonee hummed from inside, "but you can come in."

"how did you know it was me?" liam quizzed as he twisted the door handle.

"by your knock." moonee said, "scott triple knocks and fran... doesn't."

liam stood at the threshold of her door, his face melded into bewilderment as he stared at the girl.

"is this a seance?" liam questioned.

moonee had a few candles lit on her bedside table. she was sitting on her bed with her legs crossed, eyes closed and objects were levitating around her. the tv was turned on, but only static was playing.

"liam, what do you want?" moonee questioned, her eyes now open. because she had lost her concentration, the objects descended onto the bed.

"to talk."

"here i thought you were mad from this morning." moonee snickered as she flicked her wrist. she sent a gust of wind over to the candles and the fire blew out.

"i was." liam nodded as he strolled over to her desk, "but franchie and scott explained everything."

"what do you mean they explained everything..."

"i mean your EDD." liam said slowly, not wanting to anger her.

"they-" moonee started, irritation bubbling inside of her.

"don't be mad at them." liam cut her off, "i went to them."

"and why would you do that?" moonee raised her eyebrow.

"because i thought you hated me." liam admitted.

moonee laughed loudly, "you think i hate you?"

"you don't?"

"i... did." moonee confessed as she switched the television off, "but now i hate you much less."

"that's progress, i think."

moonee shrugged, "it is... and the only reason i hated you was because i was jealous."

"jealous?" liam started to smile as he took a seat on moonee's desk chair, "you, moonee mccall - the all famous elementum. was jealous of me?"

"shut your mouth, dumb-bar." moonee hissed, "i wasn't jealous of you. i just hated the way scott liked you so quickly."

"well i mean he did bite me the same day he met me... but." liam trailed off.

"but it's all good." moonee shrugged, "because stiles doesn't like you that much, and we talk shit about you." moonee giggled.

"you do?"

"no. that was a lie."

"thought so."

"don't sass me."

"sorry." liam apologised.

"i'm sorry too." moonee hesitated but spoke up. she saw the confused look on liam's face. "about this morning, i'm sorry that you couldn't sleep because of the beserkers and uh, that you were dragged into the supernatural world. i know how you feel."

"thanks, moon." liam gave her a small smile.

"moonee." she corrected.

"really?"

"yes."

"okay." liam shrugged it off, "how old were you?"

"well, i was barely twelve when peter scratched me at the high school, unlocking 2/4 of my abilities." moonee explained.

"wow." liam frowned, "that must have been so hard."

"it wasn't." moonee quickly said.

liam gave her a look as if he didn't believe her.

"okay, it was hard. it was very hard." moonee confessed.

liam was proud of himself, he was able to sort of make moonee communicate to him about her feelings.

"can we not talk about this anymore?" moonee said as she picked up the remote and switched the tv back on, "you want to watch netflix?"

"sure."

moonee pushed the objects on her bed to the floor, making a bit of space on the twin-sized mattress. "you can sit on the bed, but please don't shed, it'll take forever to get the hair out."

"i don't shed." liam chuckled as he walked over to her bed and sat on the blanket.

"you better not." moonee gave him a blank look, "oh and my name isn't moonee mccall."

"it's not?" liam looked shocked.

"it's moonee zhao." she explained, "but it became mccall when melissa adopted me."

"i never knew that." liam hummed.

"now you do." moonee gave him a half-smile before snuggling into her bed and searching through netflix, "stranger things?"

"looks interesting."

⎯ ❃ neens speaks!

and BOOM act one and season 4 is complete. and yay moonee and liam are friends!!... for now

sorry for the prolonged update, my priority is mainly school. also, i just posted a trailer for season 5 on tiktok so you guys could go check that out xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 504 7
❛ You had your heart on your sleeve the last time, Took it so seriously the last time ! ❜ samantha rojas, newly certified skeptic, thinks she's going...
1M 22.5K 98
"we'll figure this out 𝘡𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳." x fem!reader season 1 - 6 highest: #3 in teenwolf : #1 in stilinski : #1 in...
42K 886 24
❝they're like puppies in love.❞ [ liam dunbar Γ— femΒ‘oc ] [ season 5 - 6 ] [ lowercase intended ] [ TRAIN WRECK is the prequel of this story ] disclai...