The Radio Kids. (Hazbin Hotel...

By MidnightViolex

*UPDATES WHENEVER POSSIBLE* (Chapter 31 uploaded on April 29th, 2024) Ah, the stock market crash of 1929... O... More

Abandoned.
Kidnapped by a murderer.
Home of the killer.
Threats by the fire.
Going to work.
The radio show and escape plan.
A tough choice.
Tough memories.
Education and another to deal with.
Drenched in crimson.
Daring Decision.
Caught.
The basement.
Unfortunate.
Family.
Sample of blood.
Released.
Deal.
Infatuation.
New Normal.
Learning the ropes.
Disappointment.
Strange meal.
Special day.
Dare he say.
Suspicion and inconsistency.
Cannibalism.
Despair.
1933.
Night terror.

Kept in check.

2.7K 76 35
By MidnightViolex

Sam slowly awoke from his sleep, he was still quite tired but overall refreshed. He yawned and stretched out his arms and legs, it was then that he realized something- or rather someone- was missing. His sister wasn't lying next to him like she was last night.

The boy frantically looked around the room but she wasn't there. He tried calming down by reminding himself that as long as he was still here and 'being obedient' then nothing would happen to Edith. She must have just gotten up and is downstairs or something.

He turned his gaze back towards the bed and there hung on the footboard bench were his clothes from last night, though they looked different. They were cleaner and fresher than they were last night. On top was a note that read:

"Dear Samuel,

Good morning to you! Last night I took the time to wash you and your siblings' clothing. Do change into them and come downstairs to the dining hall. Young Edith has already awoken and joined me.

Sincerely, Alastor."

Sam put the note down and let out the breath he didn't even know he was holding. It was nice to know his sister was alright, not that he didn't know beforehand but still. It was nice to have reassurance.

The teen slid his clothes on, they felt different from before, clean clothes wasn't something he was used to. Not at all.

In fact, this was all starting to become overwhelming for him, at this exact time yesterday he was sitting in an alley with his sister cuddling next to him for warmth while he was trying to figure out how they were going to eat that day. Now he's in the serial killer's house with clean clothes on and waking up in a warm bed. As long as Alastor doesn't try anything... maybe... maybe this won't be that bad.

HE'S DOING IT AGAIN!

The teen hit himself across the face, leaving a stinging sensation on his cheek. "Stop it Sam! If Alastor leaves at any point, you have to do it. You have to take Edith and get out of here. No ifs ands or buts! You have to do it." He whispered to himself before straightening his clothes and walking out of the room and downstairs to the first floor where he heard voices coming from a certain area. The voices belonged to Alastor and Edith no doubt.

He walked towards the dining hall and there they were, Alastor at the head of the table and sitting Edith sitting to his right. The girl was the first to notice him enter the room, looking towards him and smiling.

"Hi!" she exclaimed happily.

Sam smiled back at her, waving towards her. Alastor turned towards him, smiling at him.

His smile really never goes away, does it?

"Hello Samuel! I do hope you slept well! We are just having breakfast, do please join us!" He said, getting up and pulling a chair out for him and gesturing for him to sit down before turning and disappearing into the kitchen.

The boy sat down in the seat that was across from his sister. She looked down and continued to eat the contents from the white crystal bowl in front of her.

"So Edith, when did you wake up?" he said. She looked up, swallowing her bite and looking up at him.

"I don't know," said the girl. "I woke up when the kind man brought us our clothes this morning. I wanted to wake you up but he said to let you sleep."

Sam shuddered when Edith called Alastor 'the kind man'. He didn't see that guy as such. He cleared his throat to regain control of his train of thought. "That was kind of you to let me have my rest. Thank you, Edi."

She gave a teeth-filled smile in response before going back to eating whatever she was eating before.

That's when Alastor came back into the room with another bowl with a spoon and a glass of water, putting both in front of the teen and sitting back down in his own seat.

Inside the bowl was shredded wheat cereal with milk and a variety of fruit like strawberries, blueberries, and bananas. It made his mouth water just looking at it. Never would he have dreamed of eating something like this. For the past few months he has been eating nothing but old bread and maybe the occasional cob of corn or potato. It was always cold though, they didn't have the luxury of having warm and fresh food.

"T-Thank you." Sam said, looking at Alastor. He didn't look back, he was busy reading a newspaper which had a headline 'Smile Killer strikes yet again; another victim found!'

The boy shifted his eyes back down to his bowl, picked up a spoonful and took a bite. It was like a rainbow on his taste buds. It's been so long since he's had real food! He misses it. Within seconds all of the cereal was already gone. He never knew how much he was hungry until that first bite touched his mouth.

That's when all of a sudden a loud metal buzzing sound came through their ears. It was the sound of a doorbell being rung.

Alastor put down his paper and stood up, adjusting his clothes and hair to look presentable. "Stay here and do not make a sound, if you would." He said before walking out of the room.

Sam thought about running out of the room and trying to ask whoever rang the doorbell for help but he decided against it. He wasn't going to risk his sister's safety. It could have just been the mailman who left letters on the porch and then left. If it was, he would only get in trouble for trying to escape when he wouldn't have been able to anyway. Maybe he should just listen to Al's threat to stay quiet. He's not prepared enough to run now anyway.

He sighed to himself. There'll be other, safer chances. He thought, watching his sister happily chow down on her breakfast.

Meanwhile, Alastor made his way to the door, opening it and being met with the face of a short blonde woman, smiling brightly back at him. "Ah, Mimzy! Welcome! Do come in!" He said, stepping aside.

"Thanks, Al! How ya been?" She said with a thick southern accent.

"Quite alright! Thank you for asking! How have you been, my dear?" He said, taking her hand and leaving a kiss on her knuckles.

Mimzy blushed. "Been doin' just fine! I read in the paper this mornin' 'bout the new body the cops found in the forest last night. That was you wasn' it?" She asked.

"Haha! Darling, do you even need to ask such a question? Of course it was!" Alastor laughed.

Mimzy chuckled along with him, shifting her weight from one leg to the other and pointing at him. "I only questioned it 'cause ya normally get more than one kill. So I was curious 'bout why ya only got of 'em. I was almost convinced some crazy gal got mad at 'er hubby or somthin'." She said.

"You certainly know me, dear! That's actually why I phoned you! Last night I ran into a small problem." He started. "Two homeless youngsters were snooping around the forest last night and witnessed my act of crime. One was a 13 year old young man, the other a 5 year old girl."

Mimzy gasped with a look of concern on her face. "So what'cha do 'bout 'em? I know ya wouldn' kill the girl. The boy maybe, but not the girl."

"Correct, I wouldn't kill such a defenseless creature. I couldn't. So- I merely took them in."

"Ya kidnapped 'em?" Mimzy asked calmly, making sure she understood.

"Took them in. It's not exactly kidnapping if they were without a home or family to begin with." He said. "Though, there is a problem. I still must attend to my day work and I intend to separate the two, but I do not believe I can trust the male to stay here alone without trying to escape. So I kindly ask you to watch him while I am off and make sure he does not try anything."

The woman smiled. "Anythin' for ya, Al. So where are they anyway?"

"Right this way, follow me darling." He said, walking back to the dining hall with Mimzy following close behind.

When they walk in, the two children both look up towards them.

Edith immediately smiles brightly while Sam's eyes just widen with lightbulbs in his head. He could ask her to help them get out of here, or tell her to get the police or-

"This is Edith and Samuel." Alastor said, facing the woman. "Children, this is my good friend Mimzy Medrano."

"Hi!" Edith exclaimed happily, waving her hand towards the woman.

Mimzy smiled and walked up next to the girl, kneeling next to her. "Well hiya there, suga'! Aren't you two just the cutest lil things I've ever seen!" She said cheerfully.

Edith blushed and continued to converse while Sam just kept his eyes on Mimzy and Alastor suspiciously. There's no way this man would just bring in someone that could provide an escape so easily. There's got to be a catch.

"Anyways, the reason Mimzy is here is because I must take my leave and go to work! While we're gone I've asked dearest Mimzy to watch over you, Samuel." Alastor said, knowing that the boy was actively thinking and watching him.

The teen looked over at him with a raised eyebrow. "W-We're? What do you mean 'we're'?" He asked, not liking where this is going.

"Well I'm going to take Edith here with me of course!" He said, smiling widely.

There it is. There's the catch.

"W-What no! S-She's not going with you." Sam exclaimed, standing up.

Alastor's eye twitched as he took a step towards the boy, making him immediately sit down from fear, regretting his little outburst. "Now, now Samuel. I do believe you don't have a say. It is my decision after all. Do be sure to keep yourself in check." he threatened darkly before returning to his usual bright self and turning towards the young girl sitting down.

"Now then! We best be off now, darling. Come along." He said, walking over to her and picking her up.

"The telephone is in my office if he tries something." He whispered into the woman's ear. She nodded in understanding and waved as he and Edith left the room.

Mimzy sat down in the chair the girl was just sitting in and had a stare down with Sam. She looked at him with her joyful eyes while the boy looked back at her with cautious eyes.

Suddenly the two heard the front door close.

Al and Edith have left.

"Well then, how goes it younglin'?" Mimzy asked, breaking the silence.

Sam sighed, standing up and looking out the window to see Edith and Alastor leaving in a red car. He quickly looked back towards the woman.

"Look, I need your help. Alastor isn't who you think he is. It may come as a shock but he's a murderer. He's the one the cops are looking for. I saw him kill someone then he kidnapped me and my sister, I really need your help to get Edith and get out of here." Sam said rather fast while Mimzy just looked at him with wide eyes for a few seconds, as if to take in what was just said to him.

She looked, giggling to herself. The boy looked at her as his desperate face turned to confusion. Why is she laughing at him?

"W-Whats so funny? I seriously need your help!"

Mimzy continued laughing, looking up at him. "Darlin', I know Al kills folks! I know he kidnapped ya! I know all 'bout it. Him and I are great friends! I know what he does. Why else do ya think I'm here? To make sure ya don't try escapin' on him. Which now I know was a good call on his part!"

Sam looked at her, mortified. She knows?! She's known who the killer was this whole time?

"So- this entire time all these deaths and this massive manhunt has been going on, you knew exactly who it was and you didn't tell anyone?!" The boy exclaimed angrily, not understanding how someone could just let something like this happen without telling the police.

"Yes! Al is a very good friend of mine, now if ya don't want me to get on that telephone and tell him ya've been misbehavin' while he has yer' sista, I suggest ya sit now and shut ya yap!" She yelled, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Yes, ma'am..." Sam mumbled, quickly sitting down.

The woman went back to giving her bright and cheerful smile. "Great! Now then! Let's start over! So my name's Mimzy! Yours is Samuel if I heard right?"

The boy nodded his head, as to confirm.

"Alright then! So, what do ya like to do for fun, suga?"

Sam thought to himself for a moment, not really knowing how to respond to the question being asked. "I-I'm not sure. Fun hasn't exactly been on my agenda lately. All I've been really focused on is caring for my sister. I had to grow up quite fast to make sure she didn't have to."

Mimzy looked at him sympathetically. "Well I can see ya care lots about that little muffin! That's mighty sweet of ya, Sam! I hope ya don't mind me callin' ya that."

The boy chuckled and put his hand up. "No no, it's fine. That's what pretty much everyone but Alastor calls me. So, Sam is perfect." he said to her. "If I may ask, what do you do for entertainment?"

"Wonderful question! I own a club and do lots o' singin' there! I'm pretty good if I do say so myself."

'So she's a singer and businesswoman' Sam thought to himself... 'interesting.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 454 82
Husk didn't know what he was getting into when he was summoned to the hotel. Redemption? For sinners? It was as crazy as it sounded. Little did he kn...
148K 3.7K 27
What would you do? Play along or run away? Since your parents got divorced, the only thing your mother wants for you is to marry someone who's very r...
165K 6.9K 57
Living at Cannibal Town is... well, it's definitely interesting? You get food, sure, but it's not really a safe place. So when Rio finds a flyer cake...
333 16 8
You've been in Hell for about 10 years now, and your life turned around once you saw the "Hazbin Hotel" on the news. When there you create deep frien...