Maribat One-Shots

emilyphee

Maribat one-shots and other miraculous and dc crossover stories. Most of these will be pretty short but I hop... Еще

Monitor Duty Daminette/JonxChloé
Waiting for Superman KonxMarinette
Just Friends Daminette
Marinette a Teen Titan- GarxMari
Raven Has a Sister?!? Daminette/BeastBoyxRaven
All Grown Up- Daminette
Valentines Card- Daminette
Chloé's point of view/ Slight Daminette
Bio Dad Bruce Wayne MarixJon
I Didn't Ask For This- Daminette
Incorrect Quotes- subject Pop-Tarts
Incorrect Quotes- subject Driving
Tangled Up
It's Okay, You Can Let Me Down One Last Time
Her tears aren't worth any time (daminette)
Wedding Day (Jasonette)
Are we sure peace follows after war
Epic a Miraculous Story
His Mouse- Dickinette

We are Ghost-Mates (Daminette)

1.2K 37 34
emilyphee

It was cold, a calm breeze chilling people to the bone, like little kisses of frostbite upon their warm skin. The Autumn leaves dancing down from their place up above, not a bird in the sky as most have traveled south by now. It's spooky season and the hustle and bustle of the Gotham streets are forever going. Parents telling old ghost stories of the rumored Batman and his family, and their adventures fighting against the Gotham crime. They were all legends, rumors, and ghosts.

They'd tell stories of Red Hood whose bullets never missed, or Nightwing and his flying on the battlefield, he soared like a performer in the circus, Red Robin and his wits, he always knew what to do, the real brains of the show. There was also Black Bat and her dancing, Spoiler, and her forever purple suit, Batwoman's fiery red hair, Signal the daytime hero of Gotham, the lovely Catwoman deadly with her whip and lover of Batman, and finally Robin and Ladybird.

The stories of Robin and Ladybird are far and in between, they were more of a ghost than Batman himself. The rumors of Robin's blade cutting through the souls of his enemies, LadyBird's yo-yo being as unbreakable as her spirit. They were rumored to be best friends, lovers, enemies, anything you can think of, but in actuality they were soulmates.

Long ago soulmates were normal, but arranged marriages and the low chance of ever finding your soulmate made them almost near extinct. But as fate will have it these soulmates were destined to meet, it was written in the stars, it was whispered in the winds, and forever engraved in the river of time. They had been tied with a red string the moment they were born, having been each other's first and last words, they were inseparable the moment they met. When blue met green suddenly no other colors mattered, the sky looked dull and the grass faded compared to the shine of the other's eyes.

The story of their demise would have been a fan favorite among people of all ages if they actually knew how it happened. It's a bittersweet tale of love, heartache, and death, but even death couldn't separate the love they shared. Here's the story of how the ghosts Ladybird and Robin died.

_____________________

It started as a normal day for Marinette Dupain-Cheng, school, commissions, talking with the other students in her class when he came in the bakery door. He commanded the attention of everyone in the room but by the look on his face, he already had a plan. He strutted straight to the counter looking Marinette in the eye. "Hello Welcome to the Dupain-Cheng Bakery, how can I help you?"

Marinette sends him a small smile "I'll have an espresso" he says face never changes "and the name for the order is?" Marinette asks with a playful smile.

"Damian, Miss?" His voice trailed off, waiting for her reply to fill the growing silence.

"Marinette". As soon as both names were uttered a blinding light flashed and their eyes shined, they were soulmates.

A mischievous smile crosses Damian's face as he grabs Marinette's hand and pulls her around the counter. "They don't need you, it looks like a slow day" he whispers in her ear.

She giggles before pulling Damian out the door "Maman! Papa! I'm going out!" not waiting for a reply both run out the door.

They ran through the streets of Paris acting like kids again. The worries of their stressful lives are forgotten in seconds. Their feet pounding into the pavement each step, a new story being written, a new memory not yet made.

Their sprint and laughter slowed into a calm walk and whispers. Talks of their future, their friends, family, hopes, and dreams. Forever happens in a moment it seems.

Standing outside, looking in on the conversation felt like a violation of their privacy, an intrusion on something special. They had just met, but it felt like an eternity. Like from the moment they opened their eyes, memories from both came flooding in, an intrusion on each other's mind, yet soothing.

Marinette learns of his bloody past, filled with rage, fire, stone, and the swiftness of his blade. It eventually fades to a cozy fireplace and pebbles, a swift blade that saves lives, sporting a red, green, and gold suit, people sigh in relief as they see him, cheer when he wins. She sees his heartbreak, his death (to which she flinches at), his and his family's identities.

Damian learns of her flour-filled past, of baked treats, hot chocolate, and stuffed animals. A needle that mended fabrics and hearts. It grew into layered cakes, warm teas, and pillows. A Red and Black-spotted suit with cries of joy, happiness, and laughter. He sees her struggles, late nights, and frustration. Her sadness at the losses she faced, her joy at success, and her anger at betrayal.

This was the start of their beautiful friendship, love, and life together.

_____________________

They stood together back to back, akumas flying around, Ladybug and Robin taking down villains left and right, Chat Noir having been down for a while. With the black cat miraculous in HawkMoth's hands, Ladybug and Robin were the last line of defense.

The spotted yo-yo zipping and the steel sword cutting through, the heroes looked victorious and they were. Heads held high as they acquired the two missing miraculous, a long mission finally passed, hard work paid off, long nights now worth it.

_____________________

However, two star-crossed lovers torn apart by death never ends well.

Flash forward a couple of years Marinette moved to Gotham to be with Damian. Paris no longer needed Ladybug, so she packed up the miraculous, her small boutique, and moved into the manor. While most would have thought she would get her own place, and she tried to, but after it got broken into the first time Damian was having none of it.

It was supposed to be a normal day for them, a walk in the park with Titus, grabbing a bite to eat at the cafe with a secret menu, and some late-night crime-fighting. Sometimes though life likes to throw curveballs at you. Wanting to test the strength of Marinette and Damian's love is exactly what life plans to do.

"Damian hurry up! The cafe will be closing soon and I really want to try the new secret menu item!" Marinette calls, no malice being heard, more fake annoyance than anything. Damian waltzes down the stairs as if he has no care in the world, knowing wholeheartedly they are ahead of schedule.

Damian stops in front of Marinette watching in amusement at her puffed-up cheeks, "How do you know you will like this new menu item?" he questions, Marinette lets out the air in her cheeks just to scrunch up her nose in annoyance.

"How do you know I won't like it?" sass filled her voice. A harmless glare crosses her face as she stares up at Damian and his small smirk.

Suddenly Damian's smirk gets bigger and he quickly leans in, kissing her lips. Marinette lets out a small gasp before responding, raping her arms around Damian's neck as his hands lay on her waist. Time slowed as green and pink light danced around the room, something that tells the world they will always be happier than them cause they are soulmates.

They slowly pull away and stare into each other's eyes lovingly. Resting their foreheads together, their breaths tickling each other lightly, small giggles leaving Marinette's mouth. "We should head out, don't want to be late now do we?" Damian asks in a low and slow voice.

In a daze of joy "Mhmm" Marinette hums out, not even paying attention to what Damian said.

He lets out a small chuckle knowing Marinette wasn't paying attention to his words. Leading her out the door and onto his car they head out.

It doesn't take long before they get to the cafe Marinette insists is her favorite. The outside is nothing fancy, fairy lights surrounding the outside patio, and potted plants on either side of the front of the entrance. A small birdbath that is always empty near the farthest table. Inside is like your average cafe, tall tables, shorter tables, and a bean bag area. The smell of coffee and the typing of computer keys from the college students flutter in and out most in a coffee haze.

Once inside Marinette heads to their table and Damian gets their orders, it's a tall table and chair set in the back of the cafe. It's closer to the restrooms but far enough away that they don't get the smell, Marinette likes the table because she has the bladder of a squirrel and has to go often, Damian likes the privacy.

Once at the front of the line Damian orders what they want. He gets the same thing every time, a black coffee with only sugar in it and a banana nut muffin, and Marinette changes it with the wind. Today she wanted a Coldbrew Salted Caramel iced coffee and a double chocolate muffin. And no Damian didn't ask what she wanted he just always knows.

"Order for Damian'' a strong voice calls, the barista, a pretty girl with light brown hair and dark brown eyes. Upon seeing Damian she quickly takes back the coffee and writes her number on it before handing it back to him. Not even bothering to look at the girl or the number Damian grabs his and Marinette's food, the brunette huffs before going back to her job.

Setting the food down in front of Marinette, he enjoys watching her face light up with the order. "Thank you!" she chimes Damian only nods his head at her in acknowledgment. They eat in comfortable silence playing footsies with each other underneath the table, Marinette lets out a small giggle now and then.

Once done with their meal Damian and Marinette head out, deciding to take a walk around Gotham. With it being autumn the air was chillier than usual and there was more crime around this time of year. This didn't stop the couple, as when they were together, they felt unstoppable, a bad feeling for those who are only human. Whispering into each other's ears and the twinkling sound of Marinette's laugh and the horse sound of Damian's. They hadn't realized that there was green and pink light surrounding them, and people were watching.

People who can't live knowing others are happier than them. Who gets mad at the slightest laughter, whispers of sweet nothings, and the unmistakable look of two people madly in love. The love that is so strong they would do anything for each other even if it means only one can live. A world without the other is so dull and meaningless, they have the love that makes it impossible to move one. You get stuck pinning for someone long gone, nothing more than a memory.

BANG

A deafening gunshot rings out as Damian's face drops as he watches Marinette's body fall, snapping back into reality he catches her arm and brings her close as he lowers them both to the ground.

"Hey Habibi, can you hear me? You are gonna be okay, alright, you're gonna be just fine." He whispers into her hair as he strokes her face, tears falling into his mouth reminding him this was real.

"Hey Dami, it's okay, you can let go, It's okay Damian" Marinette whimpers, shaky hands reaching for Damian's hair, softly stroking it.

The couple doesn't even notice a crowd forming, couples crying in sympathy, families shielding kids' eyes at the gruesome display, and no one calls 911 or tries to go after the killer. They just stare at the lovers as life slips from Marinette's eyes.

To Damian, her once bright eyes look washed out and the gray Gotham sky looks so much brighter, her pale skin with rosy cheeks looks sickly all the color leaving her. Time was slowing yet moving too fast, the world was laughing in Damian's face. The green and pink lights that shone were fading fast, pink fading faster, green just merely dulling.

It was on that day the soulmate population went down.

_____________________

It has been about a week since that day, and Damian's family had been walking on eggshells since. When Marinette was around he was pleasant to be with, he was still Damian, mean, always had a scowl on his face, and at least twice a day you heard a "tt", but he was softer, less snappy, and showed more emotions other than annoyance. Now it's different he's not back to his old ways now he doesn't smile or scowl just stares, he wasn't angry or happy he was so neutral to everything it's like Marinette took all his emotions with her.

Some people thought he would live and carry on his best life like how Marinette supposedly would have wanted him to, Most thought he would try to revive her or end up going back to his old ways of being angry all the time. Those closest to him knew that wasn't the case; they knew he was going to break at some point. Finally, it did happen, he snapped.

_____________________

Damian hunted down the man who killed his love, a nobody with a nobody job and a sad life. No family, no friends, a worthless piece of shit. His whole life was wasted away on drugs, the only thing that brought him joy. So while staring down at the man behind his black assassin mask, he finally feels it. His anger.

"Was your life really so sad you had to take away my joy?" Damian whispers to the man, nothing but the man's heavy breathing could be heard.

"WELL!!" Damian shouts at him, in a blind fury Damian stabs his sword into the wall next to the now sobbing man.

He was shaking like a leaf in autumn against the chilly wind, fitting considering it was October and you could see the sobbing man's breath. Even in the darkness of the room with only a small table lamp in the corner to light up the pathetic apartment, Damian's eyes seemed to glow a fiery green.

The Man felt like his life was flashing before him and in a blind panic he cried out in a whisper "I'm Sorry".

Suddenly Green turns red and it's like staring at the devil's eyes. Damian pushes the sword more into the wall and leans closer to the man. Damian could smell the tobacco and weed, mixed with cheap liquor on his lips, curling his lips at the smell.

"You're sorry?" he whispers. The man nods his head viciously in agreement. "What was her name?" Damian questions.

The man pales and looks down in shame, before closing his eyes waiting for the killing blow, Damian gets up and leaves "Killing you would be the mercy you don't deserve." he says walking out never once turning back.

_____________________

Once back in the manor, Damian is confronted by his family. "Where were you dressed like that?" Bruce asks threateningly, the questioned only lets out a "tt" before walking off.

Jason gives out a low whistle "well someone is in a bad mood" he says before walking off after Damian, Dick, and Tim quickly follow.

They follow Damian down the hall and into the library, it was one of the few places in the manor that no one else really goes. They all know that no one understands Damian's pain, he lost his soulmate, a once-in-a-lifetime love, but they have all lost before and maybe they can help.

"Hey..." Jason pauses, looking at who Damian is alone sitting in the corner of the room gasping for air.

Damian freezes to look at them before bursting into silent tears. "She's here" he mutters, so quietly Dick's heavy breathing almost covers it.

"Who's here?" Jason asks quietly, afraid to hear the answer.

"Marinette," That's what Jason was afraid of.

"Kid she isn't here, she's....." He doesn't say it, saying the word 'dead' is painful even for Jason, someone who wasn't soulmates with Marinette so hearing, hearing it must be worse.

Tim finishes Jason's words in a soft voice he doesn't often use with Damian "She's dead Damian, she's been dead for a week now."

The three older boys wait for Damian to attack Tim, scream, maybe throw a knife, "I know, I can feel it" he lets out exhaustedly.

"You can feel it?" Dick questions worry edged into his voice.

"Yeah I can feel her spirit, but I can't touch her, hold her, hear her, It's like a punch in the gut. I wake up and I can't feel her warmth, I can't hear her humming as she sews, nothing. I don't think I've ever felt this helpless." Damian says, voice full of pain.

The others just nod, it's not like anyone could understand most soulmates die around the same time, and normally of old age. Even if they don't many end up committing suicide or die from a broken heart quickly after, the fact that Damian has lasted a week is outstanding. His family just thinks that he's trying to live for Marinette, wanting to do whatever she couldn't do. They aren't wrong, but they also aren't right. Damian hasn't joined his lover because he can feel she wants him to live.

He can hear her saying 'Don't, you have so much to live for'

Which Damian calls bullshit, without her it feels like he's back at the league and every day was just an empty canvas. There was no color, light, joy, love, there was nothing to live for but the fact that he had to survive.

Looking at Damian, Jason, Dick, and Tim knew there wasn't much time left for him. They were lucky for him to hold out this now all they can do is enjoy the moments together as a family. The three older boys just wished Bruce would be a little more understanding. They know Bruce doesn't understand but part of them wished he took the time to comfort Damian, "claiming he just needs time" time won't heal this, nothing will.

_____________________

Damian's P.O.V

It's been one week, 1 day, and 3 hours since Marinette's death, I've counted. I can feel her, she's right next to me, her presence is telling me to let go and that she will be okay. I can't she was, is, my everything. Waking up without her, it's painful, cause I can feel her but I can't at the same time.

'I need a break, I've been cooped up in this manor far too long' I think as I get up from my bed. Walking to my restroom and looking in the mirror I can't help but think I look like a dead man walking, fitting as that is how I feel. I quickly showered as I smell worse than a lactose intolerant skunk, once out I shave the stubble that's formed from my neglected hygiene. I start to look like the man Marinette loved, however, I've lost most of my muscle as I haven't stuck to a proper diet, eating mostly in the middle of the night and those heat-up dinner meals. Walking out of my room during the daytime is like falling into my old routine, kinda. I would have technically been up 4 hours ago, it's 11.

Walking through the manor reminds me of why I would only come out at night. I can sense all the ghosting memories of her, they haunt me. It's like a painful reminder that I wasn't strong enough to save her, to save the person I love most in the world. I can't help but think 'what if it was me? What if I died?' would Marinette be stronger than me, would she face each day with a smile on her face. I feel sick at the thought of her moving on, which makes me feel guilty, she would want me to be happy and move on, but I can't help but be greedy and want all her love, even in death.

I finally reached my destination, the front door. I take a deep breath before walking out. The sun blinds me as I haven't seen it in a week and 1 day, 4 hours and 30 minutes. I decide not to take a car but instead to go on foot, hoping walking around I'll see something to live for. Instead, I find more of a reason to end it all.

It's strange really, this is the crime capital of the world and yet I don't see any crime, instead, I see happy families, and couples. I guess it makes sense though you always seem to see what you most desire when you can't have it.

'It's not fair!' I think bitterly a voice inside which sounds an awful lot like Marinette tells me 'Life isn't fair my love, we must move on'.

'IT'S BULLSHIT!!' I scream in my head, all the pain and heartache I've pushed down since her death. I just want the world to pay for thinking they could take her from me.

I watch as people avoid me, walking around me, never in my life have I felt so isolated and it's my own damn fault! I should have called 911, should have taken her to the hospital, something! Instead, I fell to my knees and cried when she needed me the most and now I need her more than anything and I can't even see her! Now all I can think is how disappointed she must be, what a worthless soulmate I was.

I can hear in the back of my mind 'Love, you are not worthless, I'm glad my last moments were in your arms' for once in my life I tune her out, all I want to do is wallow in my own self-pity.

I continue my walk around Gotham and the more I see the angrier and more pitiful I feel. 'Why is everyone so goddamn happy!'. Life loves to tease me huh. I spend the rest of the day getting punches in the gut by people who don't even know me.

Arriving back at the Manor I make a sluggish journey back to my room. Not bothering to shower, eat or change I practically throw myself on my bed. Sliding my arm over to where Marinette would have laid I felt something cold on my hand. Opening my eyes I see my dagger, the one she gave me a year into our relationship.

She made this with her magic, remembering the words she said when she gave it to me, 'It will always come when you need it'. I quickly stand up and get into a fighting stance and look for a threat nearby and I see nothing, no one is here. I drop the stance but keep my guard up, I look at the dagger and can't help but smile for the first time in 1 week, and a day, 13 hours and 25 minutes.

It is a beautiful dagger made from what looks to be steel and silver. The blade is sharp and smooth, it could cut through paper and skin and leave the same clean deadly mark. The silver handle is wrapped in leather worn down with time but the red garnet on the edge still shines brightly. I place it on my finger and it's perfectly balanced, the light reflecting leaving a small blinding shine. How something so deadly could be given out of affection was a mystery to me but I cherished it nonetheless. Staring at it longer than I thought I was brought back to reality.

'Why is it here?' looking at it, the dagger screams my name and it clicks. My heart beats fast I look at the taunting red gem, 'I know what I must do.'

Taking the dagger, the worn leather burns my hands as I grip too tightly, I can hear my blood pumping in my chest, tears run down my face. 'When did I start crying'.

Rushed footsteps running through the halls of the manor, 'can they see me? Oh the cameras'

My family pounds on my door wiggling the handle 'I don't remember locking it,' I think looking at the door, I can hear them shouting but I can't quite make it out.

'Damian, please!! Live for me please' I feel cold hands grab my face and I know it's Marinette, I give her a broken smile knowing she can see me, "I'm sorry Marinette," I whisper into the cold air before my dagger plunges into my chest.

Time slows as I fall. Cries from both my ghostly love and family are heard but are drowned out by the sound of my blood rushing through my body. I don't remember touching the ground but I do feel the soft carpet against me, I smile as I look up and can finally see Marinette. She looks as beautiful as the day we met.

_____________________

Looking over Gotham city as ghosts wasn't something either of them thought they would be doing in their life, well undead life. Marinette leans her head on Damian's shoulder as they look over their beloved city.

"Let's go, it's Halloween. I wanna hear the ghost stories the people tell about us." Marinette whispers into Damian's ear, laughter coating it.

He smiles and agrees and they float down to their favorite living person Azul Grayson, one of Dick's great-grandchildren, while having not been alive for the time of Gotham's greatest vigilantes and not being one herself she grew up with the stories closest to the truth.

Marinette's eyes sparkle as Aluz talks to a group of children telling them about the great adventures of the past. With each word out of Martha's mouth, Damian looks fondly at both girls loving his great-grandniece and his Marinette. He knows for a long time Marinette was mad about what he did all those years ago, in a blind panic he killed himself, but at the same time, he wouldn't change the outcome of what happened that night.

"Do you know what my favorite ghost story is, kids?" Azul asks in a playful voice, the children all respond "Nooooo Tell us!!" Azul giggles.

"The story is about Ladybird and Robin" she pauses for dramatic effect, the kids all cheer, as these were rare stories. Azul continues on as the kids gasp, laugh, and have eyes wide with wonder at the story they hadn't heard before.

Watch their great-grandniece Marinette turns to Damian, "You know what I just realized?" she questions.

Damian only hums in response looking into Marinette's eyes.

"You think I would have put it together sooner but we're ghosts and we're soulmates, we're Ghost-Mates!!" She says excitedly and laughs at Damian's unimpressed face.

Damian looks at her and his eyes soften, he pulls her close and lays his head on hers which is now resting on his shoulder. He hums an old melody neither remembering the lyrics too or the name of it before they start dancing in the autumn wind. The leaves saying goodbye to their trees, and the children saying goodbye to Azul running off to their parents. Damian kisses Marinette on the head, and the living could almost see pink and green lights.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

23.2K 640 33
One shots
16.2K 256 19
I have several ideas in my brain about different romance scenarios, so why not make a oneshot book with them? Also, most of these are x readers! Art...
479K 9.7K 68
Just random one-shots. Probably mostly Daminette. I'll keep adding one-shots to this when I come up with ideas.. unless it's an idea for a book.
393K 6.2K 59
This story is complete, it will no longer be updated and I am no longer taking requests. :)