The Sun, The Moon, The Dragon...

By AbraxosKit48

To be a teen in a small town is easier said than done, especially when you don't have the easiest life. Two g... More

Chapter 1: Skycrest
Chapter 2: Friarridge
Chapter 3: Dragon... not dragon?
Chapter 4: Fooooood
Chapter 5: The kill
Chapter 6: Surprise shooters
Chapter 7: Little Miss Dunce
Chapter 8: Drakon Academy
Chapter 10: Ambushes
Chapter 11: 200m sprint
Chapter 12: Flags and Ratatouille
Chapter 13: Testing
Chapter 14: Twinsies!
Chapter 15: Powerhungry shifters
Chapter 16: 4 or 5 stories?
Chapter 17: Meeting the Wolves
Chapter 18: The beginning
Chapter 19: The showdown
Chapter 20: The strangest Symbol
Chapter 21: Mysterious people
Chapter 22: Longlostcousins
Chapter 23: Her name is Juniper
Chapter 24: Barbie Britt
Chapter 25: Schedules
Chapter 26: Infatuation
Chapter 27: Fight! Fight! Fight!
Chapter 28: A crack and a Scream... or three
Chapter 29: The mysterious man... again
Chapter 30: Bye Bye Ej
Chapter 31: Prophecy 1; the last prophecy
Chapter 32: Prophecies, bows and gifts
Chapter 33: The...Delightful Date
Chapter 34: Dungeons
Chapter 35: Spilling the tea
Chapter 36: Ditched for a girl
Chapter 37: Daphne Drama
Chapter 38a: Skylar
Chapter 38b: MINI CHAPTER
Chapter 39: A day to remember
Chapter 40: Tatts, Pops and Whops.
Chapter 41: Ranked Eggs
Chapter 42: The Other Halves
Chapter 43: Goodbye darkness. Hello Understanding.

Chapter 9: Who are you really?

41 4 0
By AbraxosKit48

Friarridge: RIA
Third Person POV:

The loud screams echoed around the centre and a flash of fur shot towards the podium. Whatever it was hadn't yet attacked anything but what was it?

Ria and Blaze stood on the platform watching as the blob got closer. Upon closer inspection it was clear what it was.

"Don't shoot! No!" Ria dashed forwards stopping the firearms being aimed. "Titan! Come here." The small silver pup ran towards Ria and pounced into her open arms. "Why are you here boy? You are meant to be at home." She whispers into the small pups ear, all the while hugging him to her body.

"What is that, miss?" A Protector calls out from the edge of the crowd, everyone's attention turns to Ria.

"This is Titan, my apologies to everyone. He's still a pup." She carried the small pup up onstage and stood beside Blaze again.

"Hey Titan..." Blaze strokes his head carefully and looks up at the crowd. "Sorry everyone, he is very playful only a few weeks old." The crowd all watch as the pup nestles down in Ria's arms and falls asleep.

No-one quite knows what to say, "Ok... Well back on with the ceremony please. I have places to be." Ethan calls out bringing the crowd's attention away from Ria and Titan.

The Ceremony continues for half an hour longer before another person is found. This time the guy is someone Ria has never seen before, he has short cropped blonde hair and wears pants and a button up shirt. He is an Isalor, attached to his hip is a longsword in a sheath. The next person up is a broad shouldered boy with black hair and blue eyes. Alongside the other kid he appears to be happy, he smiles and bounces along as he walks.

He repeats the process of cutting his hand with the dagger and dripping it into the bowl. The blood appears gold and silver and produces an image of the previous boy.

"Ok so that is everyone, we have 4 riders and 4 isalors... Can the parents please stay behind and everyone else please leave." Ethan calls out, his voice ringing across the square.

Titan jumps out of Ria's arms and sits on the floor guarding her.

"Well, well, well... Can't believe you are actually a rider." Julie's voice comes from behind where Ria and Blaze stand. They both spin around. Titan growls from the floor and bares his fangs.

"It's alright Titan she's no threat." Ria calms the pup and strokes his head affectionately. "What's up Juju?" Ria taunts the bully, for some reason she hates the nickname Juju.

Instead of responding Julie turns on her heel and walks away. Shrugging Ria does the same, and comes face to face with the other Rider and his Isalor.

"Hi...?" Ria waves politely.

"Hi! I'm Logan and this is Ryker." The black haired male introduces himself.

"Ria."

"Blaze."

"Nice, who's that little guy?" Logan gestures to Titan who's still growling at Julie.

"That is Titan my pup." Ria calls the pup to her, he comes bounding over and stares at Logan and Ryker.

"Blaze! Ria!" A high pitched voice screams from the end of the stage, both Ria and Blaze turn in time to be tackled by Lola, the three of us topple over onto the ground.

"Hey Lo..." Blaze shoves her off and helps Ria up. Laughing Lola stands up too.

"You guys are both Riders! That's so cool! When do you leave? Who are those two? Yuck Julie is a rider! That was funny when Titan came running in! Did it hurt? Why-" Lola was speaking one hundred miles a minute so Blaze cut in.

"I don't know when we leave, yes it is cool, those are Logan and Ryker and it only hurt a little. Now if you listen you may get all the answers." Blaze bumps his sister's shoulder playfully, she smiles and waits quietly.

Ria's parents come over and hug them both and so do Blaze's parents.

"Ok, welcome everyone and congratulations on being either a rider or Isalor." Ethan begins the conversation.

"We will be leaving in about 3 days, and that is mainly due to us having to get another rider out here." Scarlett who hadn't said much the entire time speaks up.

"The school is free dress other then you should wear certain types of clothing. Here are lists of what you will need." Scarlett explains, everyone nods understanding.

"Weapons are allowed... and uuuh pets aren't..." At Ria's expression she continues. "However because Titan is a wolf he can come." Ria looks at Scarlett with confusion.

"Wolf? Titan's a dog..." Ria looks bewildered at Blaze and her family who shrug.

"Nope, 100% wolf. But he choose you so you can bring him." Scarlett points out as though it's obvious.

Ria stutters for words but falls quiet, unsure how to answer that.

"Ok so, you can bring snacks but there is food there. If you go on missions or anything you will receive money if you are successful. Any questions?" Ethan adds.

They all shake their heads but one of the parents has a question. "Can we visit them? Will we see them at all?"

"You can visit but only during the days that are set up as visiting days. They can visit but need the Headmaster to approve." Ethan again responds, Ria still thinks he looks familiar and can't shake the nagging feeling she should know him.

"Do you recognise Ethan from somewhere?" Ria whispers to Blaze, he looks at Ethan but shakes his head.

"Nah, I don't. Should I?" Blaze whispers back. Ria just shakes her head but continues watching him.

From somewhere behind them a dragon roars and lands next to Scarlett, the dragon is green and has a leafy look to it. "This is Terran, my dragon, he is as Earth dragon." Scarlett rubs the dragon's snout and he rumbles happily. Another shape lands but beside Ethan.

A wyvern.

But not any wyvern.

A sky blue wyvern with darker blue wing tips.

Ria recognises this wyvern, it's Nuruu.

Nuruu? Ria mindlinks the wyvern and it spins to face her.

Ria... Hi? Nuruu responds in uncertainty and looks at Ethan.

Why are you with Ethan? Ria glances at Ethan who is looking at her and Blaze.

Uhm... The wyvern stutters, because?

Nuruu! What is happening?

Well... you see... funny story that.

Ria glares at the wyvern with confusion but determination. Nuruu?

Fine... Fine... Ethan has to tell you or you won't believe me.

Ria gives the wyvern a pointed look before looking at Ethan who is talking with the parents.

Fine.

o-o

Twenty minutes later everyone is leaving except Ria, Blaze and Titan.

"So Ethan... who are you really?" Ria glares at the poor dude, he sighs resigned.

"Whattt...? I'm Ethan." I pointedly look at 'Ethan' with a glare and he fiddles with his fingers.

"Look guys, I'm meant to be dead ok. My father attempted to kill me and if I didn't hide he would've kept trying until he succeeded. My father is a powerful man, so I look like this instead." Ethan explains, although Ria understood Blaze doesn't.

"So...? What?" Blaze just looks at Ria who sighs.

"This is Lyle, that..." She points at the wyvern, "Is Nuruu."

"How'd you know?" Lyle looks at Ria with confusion clear in his face.

"I thought you looked familiar then Nuruu landed and I was confused but I realised you must be Lyle or someone had hurt him. Turns out you are Lyle." Ria sighs rubbing her face.

"But that isn't what Nuruu looks like." Blaze points at the wyvern next to Lyle.

Ria turns her attention to Blaze, "That is what she looked like... do you need glasses?" Ria looks at the wyvern, it was what she looked like.

"Nuruu was blue with navy gradient, this dragon is pure navy with white wings..." Blaze looks at Lyle then Ria with concern.

"He's right Ria, Nuruu has a cloaking Rune on, she is Navy with white wings at the moment..." Lyle glances at Ria with the same confusion as Blaze.

"No she's the same as when we saved her..." Ria wonders if they are playing a prank, she clearly looks the same.

"Can you see through the runes?" Lyle looks at Ria, wonder and curiosity covers his face.

"She must be able to, otherwise how could she know if it was Nuruu, plus, you don't even look like how you did the other day. I mean, I couldn't tell you looked even slightly familiar and I'm good with faces." Blaze points out.

Ria turns to Lyle again, this time he looks even more like Lyle. "Is your rune fading? I can tell it's you now." Lyle's face raises in suspicion.

"Nothing has changed. My runes are the same, you must be able to see through them or you're bluffing." Lyle watches Ria's face to see if she's joking but all he sees is the truth and hurt for not believing her. "She's not lying... you can see through my runes."

Titan growls from his place at Ria's feet, then it clicks in, Lyle notices what's happening.

"Is he a silver blooded wolf?" He nods at the puppy.

"Huh? His blood is red." Ria and Blaze both grunt in confusion.

"It's a breed, they can bond to someone and they have this like sense where they can detect runes in a way, it kinda like depends on the bond as to whether they will be able to see through strong runes or weak ones." Lyle shrugs noncommittally, "The reason I ask is you can see through Nuruu's rune like it isn't even there and then you recognised me as familiar most people wouldn't, even my family or closest friend." Lyle points out, then looks at the pup at Ria's feet. She can see how he may be a wolf but isn't that a tad weird that he can help her see through runes, she only saved him yesterday for crying out loud.

Ignoring logic for once as her gut is telling her he's telling the truth, she agrees that Lyle may be onto something. However far fetched it is.

It does however make her wonder why Titan picked her? She's not special.

All the new information about the academy and Titan begins to make her head spin uncomfortably so instead of sticking around she decides to go pack. "I'm going to go pack, wanna come Blaze? We can pack yours later. You can come too Lyle or do I call you Ethan?" Ria asks quickly trying to end the awkward conversation.

"Ethan in front of others, and instead of Nuruu call her Galaxsis. Also I can't come it would probably look like i'm either playing favourites or possibly look rigged, so, I'll see you in three days." Lyle walks off with Nuruu in tow with so much as a wave.

Ria and Blaze turn and go the other way, Titan bounds along right beside Ria and let's off a few yaps here and there. By now everyone had left and were either home or shopping, Blaze's parents were probably at home and Ria's parents too. Lola most likely would be bragging to her friends saying her brother is both a rider and Isalor. That would be a typical Lola thing to do, especially since her friends all have massive crushes on Blaze, one time when Blaze was younger Lola had a few friends sleepover and when Blaze woke up in the morning one of the girls was cuddled up beside him in his bed.

Together the three of them headed over to Ria's, getting stopped a few times along the way to be congratulated. A few townsman scowl, probably thinking it was rigged. Finally reaching Ria's house they enter to find the restaurant packed, the tables were full, waiters rushed around delivering orders and waiting on tables. It's unusual to be so packed at this time of day, or really ever, most people choose to dine there but all at different hours.

"Why is it so busy?" Ria asks the head chef after zig zagging through the crowd, dodging waiters and tables filled with people.

"You are one of the new riders and your family owns the restaurant so people want to come here, it's now famous in this small town." The head chef explains while cooking some meat and veggies in a fry pan. Smiling Ria walks away with both Blaze and Titan in tow.

They rush up the steps to her house to get away from the chattering of the crowded restaurant. Although it being busy is good, large crowds of people stresses Ria, she always prefers to stay in the kitchen over waitressing.

"Guys! You're home!" Daphne comes bustling out of the living room and squeezes both Blaze and Ria in a death hug. "You are both riders! This is amazing!" She leads them into the lounge room and guides them onto the couch.

"Yea it is pretty awesome." Ria agrees attempting to get up. However her mum pushes her back down and walks over to the chair opposite.

"We need to go shopping for the essential items, clothes, sanitary items, stuff for Titan. Who knew he was a wolf...?" Daphne murmurs listing all the items they need to purchase. Meanwhile Titan has jumped up into the couch and laid his head in Ria's lap, he hasn't been on the couch yet and her mum hates feet on the couch so a wolf...

Daphne comes out of her daze and looks directly at Titan. "Get him off the couch! No dogs on the furniture. He may be a wolf but he is still a mutt." Titan growls low at the offence but hops off the couch and leans against Ria's legs.

"I'm going to pack." Before Daphne could respond or stop her, Ria jumped up and ran upstairs into her room. Slamming the door after Blaze entered and flopped on the bed. She quickly stood up looking around her somewhat plain room and smiled, she'd miss this small room but she was looking forward to the academy. She wondered if she would get a roommate or an ensuite.

Titan hopped onto the bed and rested his head on his front paws, watching Ria walk around the room grabbing different items and tossing them onto the bed.

"Leggings, yoga shirts, shorts, jeans, sports bras, undergarments, button up shirts, jackets, long sleeve tops, short sleeve tops, shoes and jewellery." Ria listed each item as she tossed it onto the bed, "photos, posters, records, record player... am I missing anything?" She glances at Blaze who is lying face down on her bed. Instead of gracing her with a response he grunts either in agreement or disagreement which will never be known.

She grabs her trunk out of her closet and neatly stacks everything inside, the photos get wrapped in articles of clothing and the posters are rolled. Once everything is boxed and packed Ria flops on the bed beside Blaze, she releases a long sigh and watches the sun sink below the horizon outside her window. The moon comes into view gracing the sky with millions of stars, each star twinkles brightly almost like they are watching her. She sits on her bed and locates each constellation, her gaze lingers on the Dragon constellation for the longest time.

"I'm hungry. Want some food?" Ria hops off the bed and stalks to the door, although her mum is acting strange she cares more for food right now.

"Ya, whatever you're having and a water. Please." Blaze gives her puppy dog eyes and flips back onto the bed grabbing a book off the stack beside him.

"Meh sure." Ria waltzes out the room with Titan in tow, she makes her way to the kitchen and quickly whips up a noodle and chicken dish. Grabbing two glasses of water she brings it back upstairs.

"Here." She hands one of the bowls and glasses to Blaze and chucks a bone to Titan who settles on the floor and munches the chicken bone happily.

"This is so good Ria!" Blaze shoves spoonfuls of the food into his mouth, Ria just shakes her head laughing.

o-o

Three days later the Riders and Isalors are all standing in town square, Lyle and Scarlett stand with there dragons beside another person who they haven't seen before. The last person is a male, his hair is long and reaches his shoulders, brown eyes pierce the group and he stands beside a bright red dragon with orange spikes up his spine.

"We leave in 10. Blaze, Ria you're with me. Julie and Elle are with Scarlett and finally Logan and Ryker you're with Jason. Now go say goodbye to everyone." Lyle waves everyone away and tends to Nuruu quickly while waiting for the rest of them to get ready.

"See you Mum and Dad. I'll visit sometimes." Titan bounds around their feet, yipping happily. Everyone is worried about how he will react flying on a dragon but the flight should only take an hour.

"Moony... We need to tell you something..." Blake, Ria's father, quickly stops her from walking away.

"Shoot." Ria looks at her parents, she smiles brightly at them.

"Look Honey... We were going to tell you sooner but we aren't your birth parents..." Daphne begins but Ria just looks at them, how is this possible? She looks like her father not really her mother but there are similarities between her father and her.

"Moony? Are you ok?" Blake steps forward and envelopes Ria is a hug, she just stands there unable to move. Titan as though sensing the sadness radiating off her, rubs himself against her shins. Slowly Ria nods her head, face wet with tears and more are threatening to fall. Everyone around them is oblivious to what is happening, if anyone does notice they probably think she is crying about leaving them.

"I look like you though..." Ria whispers looking at Blake, confusion written plainly across her pretty features.

"I'm your uncle not your father moony, I'm your mother's brother. I'm sorry we didn't tell you sooner. We thought we had more time until the ceremony." Ria pulls away from her... uncle... and picks up Titan who rumbles with glee at the affection.

"Who are my parents...?" Ria's voice is barely a whisper, barely audible above the conversations from everyone around them.

"We can't tell you, you'll be in danger. We're so sorry." Daphne goes to hug her but she steps back, hurt and anger flit across Daphne's face before a wall of understanding falls in place.

"How could you not tell me I'm adopted!" Anger flares and Ria's voice raises in pitch. "All my life I've wondered why I'm nothing like you Daphne, you treated me terribly sometimes and other times like I was gold." Ria starts trembling with anger and hurt. "I love you guys but I have to go, I can't deal with this now if you won't tell me the full story."

Ria spins on her heel and marches away towards Lyle who is sharpening his dagger with a piece of flint. This reminded her of her own sword on her hip, her father... Blake... gave it to her yesterday saying this was her mother's blade. He also gave her a set of daggers, the handles were crimson and the blade was silver, the two blades were strapped across her back with her specially made bow slung over her shoulder. The arrows were packed in her trunk along with a couple other hunting items.

"When do we leave?" Ria growls at Lyle, making him jump in surprise. Upon seeing her tear streaked face he calls to everyone, breaking up the last goodbyes.

"Time to go say your last goodbyes." Lyle puts away his blade and commands Nuruu to kneel. Following the orders she leans down allowing Lyle to mount and Ria to climb on behind him. Ria had already said goodbye to Blaze's parents and sister earlier so she climbs on and ignores everyone. Blaze wanders over and mounts up behind Ria, gently grabbing her waist like she has done with Lyle. One arm is holding Titan against her stomach so Blaze has to keep her from falling.

With a mighty roar Nuruu is in the skies, she breathes a blast of water and flies north towards the alps. The other two dragons rise high into the skies behind them.

The three mounts make there way towards the academy each carrying three people over the tops of tall trees and run down brick houses.

Titan sits silently watching the trees go flying past, his fur is ruffled by the strong winds but Ria's arms protect him from falling.

Ria sits trembling, she's adopted and her supposed father is actually her uncle... She doesn't know what to make of that. "Blaze!" She calls over her shoulder her voice trembling from crying.

"Yea?"

"I-i-i Just," she breaks into sobs, "I-i-i'm a-adopted... Blake is m-my uncle." Ria's tears fall down her face landing on Titan's thick silver fur. His small head tilts up watching her, he cocks his head to the side in question and rumbles a purring sound attempting to cheer her up.

"Oh." Is all Blaze can say, her adoptive parents lied to her, told her she was theirs until she was about to leave for an academy far away.

"Their loss." Blaze although gentle and has a huge heart never knows what to do in these situations, instead of speaking he just hugs her tighter. Slowly her tears stop falling as she watches the dark woods fly past. Wolf howls can be heard from the trees, and Ria deciphers them as welcome. How, she doesn't know.

o-o

Well there's that. I hope you like the story so far.
Did her parents do the right thing not telling her she was adopted until she was about to leave for Drakon Academy? Comment your thoughts.
- Brax Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 53.1K 32
( WARNING I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 12 READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ) Sadness.Hate.Anger.Pain. That's all the feeling Maria feels. Her pack abuses her m...
5K 110 14
*Book 3 of the Born To Burn Series* ONLY CHAPTER 1-10 ARE OPEN WE ARE OFFICIALLY ON AMAZOM KINDLE! ❤️ PLZ CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME THERE. I ❤️EACH AND...
14.9K 582 34
I am 16 years old and finally will have a life out the home I have know for so long. I will be going to a school. The leaders of our city will be pic...
29.6K 1.2K 26
SEQUEL AS PROMISED TO PREGNANT PRINCESSA ~~~~~~ "Alexander..." I was able to whimper out between the rush of euphoria that this man was giving me. It...